dafuge's FM13 challenge

Stafford Update

I really havent had much time to focus on Stafford, time to play matches are few and far between. I've included a new tactic within our overall system which is now a 442, we've had a surprisingly good start to the season and are still undefeated at home. We are going to have to take advantage of Gary Martin's great form, he scored 2 goals in our last game and almost had a hattrick, a few days later against Swindon he bagged his hattrick. My poacher is going completely mental in front of goal.

They're doing pretty well I have to say

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the Posting Curse ...Martin scored two quick goals in my next match, I was elated. He broke through, he's almost through on the keeper then gets brought down. He's suffered an injury that takes him out for 7 weeks!. Crap. We still win the match 4-3.

Keep things simple, use the Tactical Creator, approach your team selection with complete detachment, you can even refer to my Stafford thread in TT&Q for ideas. Its really easy to overachieve. Dont over think a tactic, just keep it simple.

Trust me, I love it, and I am all about doing things the right way and struggling through! Appreciate the thoughts though. Glad to see you're killing it. And dafuge, well, that's just another reason to add to the list of why I hate City.

So, like I mentioned before, defeat in the playoff final.

It came down to the final day, with Salisbury on 72 points, Eastbourne Boro on 70, and myself on 69. I had a pretty straightforward game vs mid-table Tonbridge who I beat 2-1, while Salisbury went 1-0 down in the first minute from an own goal and could never recover losing 3-1 to Dorchester at home. That left Eastbourne Boro, who had been on the run of all runs to even get into the playoffs, winning something like 8 out of their last 10. They had Dartford away, and went 1-0 up, then Dartford scored and I was celebrating, til in the 88th minute Boro scored, and we were in the playoffs again in second.

Beat Sutton Utd 5-2 on aggregate after a 3-0 second leg win where we completely dominated, and had Bath in the final. We had dismantled them away from home 2-0 three weeks earlier, and were looking nothing like the same team, going 1-0 down after 80 minutes. We equalized in the 90th, and I thought I was destined to win after that, but a goal in the 107th minute from Bath proved me completely wrong.

Probably the lowest a champion has ever been promoted on in the BSS, no one in the league could find consistency, and I am looking forward to next year. Also came second in manager of the year voting.

A few screenies:

Christian Blackwell - Started off in insane form, then was injured for 5 months, still came joint top goalscorer on the team. And only 17.

Harry Baker - New right winger started off very, very well. Cooled off a bit towards the end of the season but still had a good campaign.

Rickie Hayles - Center back who popped up with some important goals and was rarely at fault for ones we let in.

Overall squad.

Onwards and upwards for the Gulls next year!

Ashton United

The Robins!

ClubLogo.jpg

2022-23 - Barclays Premier League

A league campaign of solid workman like consistancy spinkled with the occasion moment of magic saw us finish the season as champions. We started the campaign well, not loosing in the league until our december visit to Chelsea. Our other defeats were against Newcastle in April which made the squeaky bum time a little more anxious and on the final day we lost to QPR. Chelsea, Man Utd and Tottenham pushed us all the way but I think Tottenham's Champions League campaign helped us as did our exit from the Europa League.

This season due to expansion work at our ground we played almost the whole season at Stoke's ground. Thanks to that our average attendance this season was 30544 and only 3 games were played at Ashton. And we're upgrading the ground again by another 3223 seats although this will only take three months so should be completed by the end of August. Disappointingly this will take us to around the 25k mark which is 5k less than our average when playing at Stokes ground.

League Table | Progress Chart

Our Capital One Cup run took us to the 4th round where we lost to eventual winners Man City on penalties.

In The FA Cup we progressed to the final again where we suffered defeat again Everton on penalties.

I wanted to improve our showing in the Europa League compared to our last foray into Europe. And after two defeats in our opening two games I wasn't confident, but a slight change in approach tactically and we managed to turn it around and qualify for the knockout stage. 3-0 and 2-1 wins over Bordeaux in the first knockout stage followed by our exit to Man City after 2-2 draw and 3-2 defeat. So all round a good showing.

So our cup campaigns showing improvement and still providing distractions. However exit to Man City and loosing a penalty shootout isn't something to be too unhappy with....aprart from the fact it's city.

Finances | Transfers | 1st Team Squad

Key Players

Sergio Nadiradze A good and steadily improving performance from right winger.

Lucas Morales Our top goalscorer this season with a nice assist count too.

Terry Matthius Our new England international center back. Rock solid.

Joaquin Becerra Still our beast in the middle of the park. We're a lot worse of when he's missing from the team.

My Profile I received my second job offer this season, this time from Newcastle. Turned it down obviously but I find it anoying I've not been linked or approached for any other jobs than this and the England job a few years ago. The formation in the profile screen is what I've mostly used since CM 97/98. Although I do occasionally use other formations from time to time but that's my goto system.

History

Season          League                         League Finish     Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14         Blue Square North              2nd               Promoted via Playoffs 
2014/15         Blue Square Premier            15th              Survival
2015/16         Blue Square Premier            5th               Promoted via Playoffs
2016/17         Npower League Two              4th               Promoted via Playoffs
2017/18         Npower League One              4th               Promoted via Playoffs, FA Cup Finalists
2018/19         Npower Championsip             3rd               Promoted via Playoffs
2019/20         Barclays Premier League        14th              Survival
2020/21         Barclays Premier League        11th
2021/22         Barclays Premier League        5th               FA Cup Finalists
2022/23         Barclays Premier League        1st               Champions, FA Cup Finalists

A great season most likely helped by a settled squad which saw only two additions. The squad is still young and hopefully I can keep the core of the team together as replacements that are as good or better will likely cost a pretty penny. Also the ground is showing steady increase in capacity, how much it'll increase too remains to be seen. It looks like they're filling in the corner sections with ~3k seats so my estimate is it'll be around ~30k capacity.

Just noticed that it was 10th season in charge which is a little surprising as I'd jokingly said to a friend that I'd be disappointed if I didn't win the Premier League within 10 years :lol: quite surprised I've come so far in a short space of time. Not played in the lower leagues before so was expecting to struggle.

Kingstonian_FC_zpsacfa5ff5.gif

Chinese-Indonesian manager Chao Yang takes the reins at newly-promoted Blue Square Bet South side Kingstonian.

With most of the players still out on their holidays after a grueling Isthmian League Premier Division campaign, the season ahead looks long already...

Didn't help that the only member of his staff was his lovely personal assistant whose name he can't quite recall...

And suddenly, an unexpected challenge emerges in the form of... language barriers

And with 12 points from our first 21 games, things aren't looking too good over at Kingstonian. :(

...And sitting on 3 wins all season, I've been sacked just past the boxing day round of games.

Starting a brand new round of the challenge then! Onwards!

After a short and disastrous stint at Kingstonian that was filled with nightmare games, dud signings and tactics that just won't work, I decided to restart the challenge.

Lewes_F.C._logo.png

Feeling that he had most definitely experienced June 25th 2013 before, Chao Yang steps into his new position of newly-promoted Blue Square Bet South side Lewes with his electric Indonesian-English dictionary clutched tightly in his hand.

Hopefully this goes better than the last time.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2026/27

Last season we struggled in the Premier League but managed to stay up. With a young squad full of potential we had a chance to build on that.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We led the chasing pack but there was a big gap to the bigger teams in the top five. That showed throughout the season as we consistently lost to the bigger clubs above us.

Capital One Cup - it was an unspectacular run as we lost fairly early on.

FA Cup - the draw was kind to us throughout which took us all the way to the final. We gave them a good match but Man City were just a bit too good for us.

Transfers - we spent big as we really had the chance to improve the squad.

Squad - we have the basis of a great squad here, the only thing that is missing is the squad depth to really challenge the bigger teams.

Finances - money really isn't an issue as our fairly small wage bill means we are able to run at a decent profit. My only worry is that will quickly disappear once I renew a few contracts.

Key Player Profiles:

Ante Jerbic - he was brought in to give us some quality up front, he gave us goals. Lots of goals.

Mehdi Sergent - he's still running the show from midfield.

Gustavo Bogado - this signing helped us tighten up in defence.

William Suazo - I was really lucky to be able to pick up this goalie for just £900k.

Angel Castro - the youngster had a decent year as our second striker.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th
2024/25   npower Championship      1st         Promoted as champions
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  6th         FA Cup finalists

Next Season

We are just about to move into our new stadium, which hopefully will give us a bit of a financial boost. With European football next season we are going to need to strengthen the squad a bit, so hopefully I'll be able to add two or three players over the summer.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRUQc6malFe_kvtMpA2ElO2-a8cQp9EK-GWtycJ6G0vyyTqZBUKw

Whitehawk - npower League 2 - 2016/17

Pretty much too easy this season with a bit bigger squad and talented players developing. Managed to tie up one of my "stars" on a longer term contract, it was running out after this season so very happy about that! had to throw everything at him :D

League Table

League Positions Graph

Cups - Out pretty early as always

Squad - A bit bigger squad then last season!

Transfers - Bought some of the loan players from last season and had to get a few more loans to keep squad fit!

Finances - Monies! Stadium soon complete

Key Player Profiles:

Shaun Craig - The playmaker, not most assists this season but most key passes, managed to avoid injuries! Usually taken off when leading with a good margin

Marcus Tolley - The goalscorer, was a hard choice with top strikers at 22,22 and 21 goals

Matty White - The defender, highest avg.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    1st         Promoted, League Winner
2014/15   Blue Square Premier      4th         Promoted, Trough playoffs
2015/16   npower League 2          5th         Nothing!
2016/17   npower League 2          1st         Promoted, League Winner

Next Season

Hope I get a bigger wage budget as usual, still need a bigger squad and some players need to be replaced not being good enough any more, doubt i can get new contracts for the biggest players so might have to sell them soon. Badly need better defence other then White

Kettering Season 2014/15 Review

BSP

BadgeKettering_Town.png

League Table Graph Transfers Squad

Our first season at this level, so I brougt in some league experience in the form of Tom Clarke, Stuart Fleetwood, Luke Moore and Chris Whelpdale, playing a counter 442 formation we had a solid start, we were hard to beat without really looking like scoring many, after Chrismas we made 2 signings that eally made us kick on, Luke Norris joined on a free after his summer release from Brentford to play as a Target Man alongside Harry Bunn on a 90 day loan from Man City. These 2 really pushed us up the table (we were around the play offs all season) and a fantasic return of 15 goals from Bunns 13 games meant we ened the season 2nd.

Play offs

We had Kidderminster in the semi and 2 comfortable wins saw us progress to the final to play Exeter. They had beat us 1-0 and 3-0 during the season and my confidence wasn't helped by this message :D

In the final we just didn't show up, they played us off the park and we never really had a chance

Players

Paul Downing - Signed on a free from Walsall the CB was a rock, though he did have a couple of red cards forrash tackles.

Oscar Radford - Downings partner at the back, made his breakthrough last season to help our promotion push, and made the CB place his own this year

Jamie Griffiths - Last seasons player of the season (scored 15 fro an AMC role) was more withdrawn this season as part of a midfield 4 (he played in all midfeild possitions this year)

Luke Norris - his goals helped us kick on this year, hope for a big year from him next year

Harry Bunn - Signed on loan from Man City, far to good for this league, ripped teams apart, we really missed him in te play offs as his loan was over

3AMyT.png

Wealdstone 2019/20-League One

What a season! I was expecting a mid-table finish at best from the outset, but to win promotion is simply amazing. That we did it after losing Jason Spratt to Huddersfield was an incredible feat as well, as other players stepped up to fill his boots.

League Table- Nobody could get close to Chesterfield, but we did managed to snap their 15 match unbeaten run when they visited our place, winning 2-1.

Past Positions-Our first half of the season was nothing special, but we rallied and from the halfway point onwards we kept climbing up the table.

Cups - Trounced 4-1 in the first round of the Cap One Cup, out on pens to Crystal Palace in the JPT South 1st round, and then out in the 2nd round of the FA Cup to MK Dons after beating Palace 2-0 in the 1st.

Squad(1) Squad(2)

Transfers - A lot of ins, a few outs, would've liked to have sold Spratt for more than the 475k we got for him, but those Minimum Fee release clauses will get you.

Finances- Looking forward to that Championship bounty, we're going to need it.

Confidence

Key Players

Anton Wright - Didn't really get a run in the first team until the 2nd half of the season but he did well when called upon. League One is probably his limit though.

Antonio German - His appearances were limited but he came in and did a job as well when asked.

Archie Love - He's been with us from the BSS but shows no signs of slowing.

Joe McKee - Was great up front but suffered a broken ankle which kept him out for 4-5 months and so he missed our promotion run-in.

Ollie Banks - Bossed it in midfield again.

Next Season

Yet again, survival, and reinforce the squad. I have a couple leaving, and I don't think my wingers will be Championship quality.

Career Overview

Season           League                   Position          Achievements
       ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        2013/14     Blue Square Bet South          1st            Champions!
        2014/15     Blue Square Bet Premier        7th            Top half finish
        2015/16     Blue Square Bet Premier        19th           Survival
        2016/17     Blue Square Bet Premier        5th            Playoff Final
        2017/18     Blue Square Bet Premier        5th            Playoff Winner!
        2018/19     League Two                     2nd            Promotion-Automatic
        2019/20     League One                     3rd            Playoff Winner!

Ooh Padders well done, consecutive promotions..We have 11 games left 5 points clear at the top, I managed to avert a near crises. We lost a few key players for my 442 formation, so had to switch to my 41221 formation, and clobbered Middlesborough 3-0 away from home....getting nervy now I can smell the premiership. I havent renegotiated my players contracts and I expect to lose my top defender Boateng, whos now asking for 30K a week???? OMG. Half me team are gonna go..I cant afford them..useless pirates.no bloody loyalty. My striker scores a double hattrick then gets injured for 5 weeks ..sob.sob sob

6289_leamington_football_club.jpg

Very average season finishing 18th in my first season in The Championship. The players I have bought in are not of the same standard as the ones who left. The biggest problem was I made three promotions in a row and had players on Blue Square Premier/League Two wages. All my best players wouldn't sign new contracts. I could only replace them with foreign players. Finding it difficult to find any decent English players.

My board have increased the stadium again by a few thousand seats. I did take a screenshot but forget to upload them to Photobucket. We are back playing at Ricoh Arena which is great for money. It is strange really. When I was at the Ricoh I was averaging over 12,000. When I moved back to my stadium for the reminder of the season (3/4 months) the average attendence was half that, even though my ground capacity was 10,000 (ish)

Becuase of the stadium expansion the board have scrapped the Youth Facilites upgrade which is a bit annoying

Didn't play FM much over the weeknd. Yesterday it was the wife's birthday and Saturday was at Stoke, but I will start the new season tonight while watching G Nev on MNF, no doubt analysing the assault by Fellani on Shawcross!

Leamington Spa

Season        League      POS        FA CUP

2013-14        BSN        19th        1st         
2014-15        BSN        14th        QUAL      
2015-16        BSN        16th        1st
2016-17        BSN        19th        QUAL
2017-18        BSN        14th        QUAL
2018-19        BSN        7th         QUAL
2019-20        BSN        9th         QUAL 
2020-21        BSN        17th        QUAL
2021-22        BSN        11th        QUAL
2022-23        BSN        1st         1st
2023-24        BSP        19th        1st
2024-25        BSP        19th        3rd
2025-26        BSP        17th        1st
2026-27        BSP        12th        1st
2027-28        BSP        17th        4th
2028-29        BSP        9th         2nd
2029-30        BSP        4th         2nd
2030-31        BSP        4th         1st
2031-32        BSP        8th         2nd
2032-33        BSP        1st         QUAL
2033-34        L2         1st         1st
2034-35        L1         5th         5th
2035-36        CH         18th        3rd

3 games left all i need is one win..for promotion!. In the game before the last one I decided to immerse myself into the game, and lashed out at the officials for denying us a penalty. I ended up being handed a touchline ban lol..and our next game was a home game against Birmingham..wow I was powerless....we WON 3-1 sweet..

Very average season finishing 18th in my first season in The Championship. The players I have bought in are not of the same standard as the ones who left. The biggest problem was I made three promotions in a row and had players on Blue Square Premier/League Two wages. All my best players wouldn't sign new contracts. I could only replace them with foreign players. Finding it difficult to find any decent English players.

And thats really the trick to get consecutive promotions. Once you find those gem players locking them down becomes key otherwise they need to be replaced by better people. I am gonna update my blog soon with custom screens showing how I select players and how I monitor their training as well..I swear those screens helped me more than I could ever guess.

1SChamps_zps41afa2c6.jpg

What i find totally hilarious is ...3 seasons ago we had plans to expand the stadium...yeah then we keep getting promoted and the stadium keeps getting expanded..I can imagine the contractors watching the game..going..."Guys...we better get more seats...I think we are going to be here awhile"

And all we get is 54k? lol...Sugar daddies out there..come here pls

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been away from this game for 8 years..ooh!

AFCFyldebadge.jpg

4ndyMUFC - AFC Fylde - Barclays Premier League 9th - 2023/24 - Season 11

Squad - Player of the Year - Transfers 1 2 - Table - Graph - Finances - Profile

Just a quick update, a solid season with us finishing in 9th could have been higher as was going well to begin with but as usual struggled with tactics over December and January so had to spend rest of season tinkering with my tactics and have now finally got a tactic that is defensively sound but is struggling to score. So had quite a few draws towards end of season.

Plans for next season:-

1) Tinker with tactics to improve creating chances and ability to score as if not will really struggle next year as draws wont be enough to survive

2) Improve squad by buying or signing 8 1st team and backup players that are specifically trained in positions and roles my new tactics need to have 2 players in each position

3) Sell all players not required for new tactics to provide funding for players needed in item 2

4) Try to get into at least Quarter Finals of both cup competitions

5) Build own training Facilites if board agree as still rent facilities

Season      Division                 Pos    Achievement 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14    Blue Square North         4th    Promoted via Playoffs, FA Trophy 1st Round
2014/15    Blue Square Prem         11th    FA Cup 3rd Round, FA Trophy 1st Round           
2015/16    Blue Square Prem          1st    League Champions, FA Cup 3rd Round, FA Trophy 1st Round
2016/17    npower League 2          18th    Capital One Cup 2nd Round, JPT North 1st Round, FA Cup 2nd Round
2017/18    npower League 2           7th    Promoted via Playoffs, Capital One Cup 1st Round, JPT North 1st Round, FA Cup 4th Round                                              
2018/19    npower League 1          16th    Capital One Cup 1st Round, FA Cup 1st Round, JPT North 2nd Round                            
2019/20    npower League 1           5th    Promoted via Playoffs, Capital One Cup 2nd Round, JPT North 2nd Round, FA Cup 4th Round
2020/21    npower Championship      10th    Capital One Cup 2nd Round, FA Cup 3rd Round             
2021/22    npower Championship       3rd    Promoted via Playoffs, Capital One Cup 2nd Round, FA Cup 6th Round
2022/23    Barclays Premier League  12th    Survival, Capital One Cup 2nd Round, FA Cup 5th Round
2023/24    Barclays Premier League   9th    Capital One Cup 4th Round, FA Cup 4th Round

Given you're 23 years ahead of real life, has much of interest happened at other clubs? On my game I have no real movement up and down the divisions, bar spotting Preston North End struggling in the Blue Square North!

Below are links to the tables

Premier League

Championship

League 1

League 2

Blue Square Premier

Walsall, Hudderfield and Wycombe smallest clubs in Premier League

Lowestoft Town F.C

2015/2016 Season

Good season all the way through. I was predicted 13th, but as I'm owned by a tycoon there was no way I was settling for 13th. I splashed a fair bit of cash for this level (and probably for most levels up to the championship) but brought home the title on the last day of the season. Never in doubt really.

League table:

BlueSquareBetPremier_OverviewStages-3_zpsb3095cb9.png

Lowestoft league position throughout the season:

Lowestoft_TransfersHistory-5_zpsa81d151e.png

Transfers:

Lowestoft_TransfersHistory-5_zpsa81d151e.png

Top scorer: Devante Cole with 21 goals in 33 (5) games - close behind was Harry Ferguson (regen) with 20 goals in 33 (1) games

Top assister: Shane Jennings with 12 assists in 14 (13) games, he also chipped in with 14 goals

Top average ratings:

Jordan Keane - 7.35 from 43 (2) games, chipped in with 3 goals and 5 assists from CB

Harry Ferguson - 7.32 from 33 (1) games, 20 goals and 9 assists (ST)

Devante Cole - 7.31 from 33 (5) games, 21 goals and 11 assists (ST)

Matthew Regan - 7.31 from 34 (3) games, 2 goals, 0 assists (CB)

Aims for next season: Promotion again. With the money behind me I cannot see why I can't push up through the leagues each season.

Season	League	Position Achievements
2013/14	BSN	4th	 Promoted via playoffs	
2014/15	BSP	19th	 Survived administration & avoided relegation
2015/16 BSP     1st      Promotion

So, after taking some time off this challenge and playing in europe (Palencia in Spain, and Worms in Germany), I've come back to England for another shot, Returned to Kettering Town, and this is what happened in my first season back.

Kettering Town

Season Summary 2013/14

1313591030Kettering Town badge.jpg

Media Prediction: 14th

Actual Finish: 1st

We finally made it past the first hurdle on about my 1 millionth attempt at this challenge. It was a comfortable season in which we only lost 8 games, and won 27. We sat in the top sport from round 13 and were never dislodged from that position for the rest of the season. A cup run that saw us reach the 1st Round of the FA Cup, along with a couple of cash injections from the board meant that finances weren't hit to badly but are still in the red, as such, the wage budget wasn't changed. For this, I received 5 manager of the Month awards, as well as Manager of the Year

League / Past Positions / Squad / Transfers /

League Fixtures (Aug-Dec) / League Fixtures (Jan-May) / FA Cup / FA Trophy

Fans Player of the Season: Phil Airey - The Boy signed from Blyth didn't look anything special, indeed, he started the season on the bench, but after a couple of storming performances coming off to get us points so easily, i decided to take the risk and start him, and he did not disappoint with 38 goals in all competitions. As such he was also the Blue Square North Player of the year and top goalscorer

Manager's Player of the Season: John Norris - Without Phil's goals, we wouldn't have won the league, sure, but this Welsh Regen was signed after a scout visited Wales as part of his assignment, he came as part of a 6 player group, each player from a seperate welsh club. Norris was the highest rated of this group, being a "potential leading League One CM", even so, he was initially only going to be a rotation player, but easily established himself in the first teamand will be an important player for us for many seasons hopefully

Best Eleven: Season

I am in season 2 and still in BSN with Chorley and my scouts are dreadful. They have found no-one. Are there anyway to get them to make some recommendations? In the monthly staff meeting they always go on about hot prospects but the scouts never find anyone. What am I doing wrong?

6289_leamington_football_club.jpg

I missed out on the play offs by 1 point, which as you can imagine is pretty gutting

As you can see from this fixtures screenshot, I went on a great run in January to March losing just two games, then as some reason in the build up to the FA Cup Semi Final, we lost 3 before it and 1 after. We then won 2 out of the last 5 games.

Great run in the FA Cup, only played Wolves who were a Premiership team before we played Man Utd in the semi. We got thumped 6-0 in the Semi Final, but got a load of money from the gate receipts.

The board are expanding the stadium again!! This is three seasons running now. So we are back to The Ricoh Arena. The Leamington Stadium will have a capacity of 11,873 once it's complete. The board have taken another £3m loan out, being paid back for £200k a month which doesn't help the finances at all!

Played two league games of the new season last night before I switched it off, drew and won one.

My squad is very young as you can see from the screenshot. I have only bought in two players in the pre season, one a Spanish striker who got released from Barca and a Swiss keeper. I am trying to stop myself from buying all this European players as I have very little homegrown players and I am in danger of not fielding enough each game. Still finding it tough to get decent young English players in!

Leamington Spa

Season        League      POS        FA CUP

2013-14        BSN        19th        1st         
2014-15        BSN        14th        QUAL      
2015-16        BSN        16th        1st
2016-17        BSN        19th        QUAL
2017-18        BSN        14th        QUAL
2018-19        BSN        7th         QUAL
2019-20        BSN        9th         QUAL 
2020-21        BSN        17th        QUAL
2021-22        BSN        11th        QUAL
2022-23        BSN        1st         1st
2023-24        BSP        19th        1st
2024-25        BSP        19th        3rd
2025-26        BSP        17th        1st
2026-27        BSP        12th        1st
2027-28        BSP        17th        4th
2028-29        BSP        9th         2nd
2029-30        BSP        4th         2nd
2030-31        BSP        4th         1st
2031-32        BSP        8th         2nd
2032-33        BSP        1st         QUAL
2033-34        L2         1st         1st
2034-35        L1         5th         5th
2035-36        CH         18th        3rd
2036-37        CH         7th         SEMI

First Champions League campaign is going well due to fantastic results (which we can't replicate in the league against the big sides) and 'the luck of the draw'. We've broken the record for most league goals with 53 (and counting) in one CL campaign. Providing we don't monumentally screw up in the second leg against fellow semi finalists Sparta Prague (yes, seriously, they beat Real Madrid) with some sort of eight goal deficit, we should be in the final against Barcelona (unless United somehow bring their tie back).

I am in season 2 and still in BSN with Chorley and my scouts are dreadful. They have found no-one. Are there anyway to get them to make some recommendations? In the monthly staff meeting they always go on about hot prospects but the scouts never find anyone. What am I doing wrong?

Easiest way I find players in the lower leagues is to scout by individual nation and when searching set the value of the players found to "0" then all the players will be free transfers. Pot luck on the results you get though, if you scout has full knowledge of england, just keep pressing the restart button after every report, you will find lots of players every few days.

If that does not come back with much then search individual nations with the minimum abillity of 2 stars but look for players with the best potential. I manage to find most of my players that way.

Stafford Update

Its a new season and I've gathered a new bunch of players. There werent too many and I kept going to the board to get my wage budget adjusted, I even promised a midtable finish for the first time, I hope I never regret the decision. Fully prepared to meet my maker, we've also worked on a few defensive formations to get us those valuable points. The preseason was a complete disaster, we lost almost all the matches before I reverted to the 41221 to get a few wins, for once I am unsure. On top of that we understand the FA are about to change the rules of the game, over at SI Towers where the Football Association meets, new rules affecting pitch conditions and ball use are sure to take their toll on us. So with a lot of uncertainty we prepare.

Our first 3 games are awesome, we get 7 from a possible 9. We even rub shoulders with Chelsea and the Mancs. Our football played isnt so fab, those games were won with the occasional dash foray, I know we need to do better. Matches against Chelsea, Manchester United, City and Liverpool come in consecutive order, and we lose all of them. And thats around the time the rules get changed. I look on in horror as Eden Hazard scores a goal by dribbling from his own half and cooly slotting in the goal, with nary a challenge. I remember covering my head, shaking my head and even angrily considering throwing my much vaunted playbook on the pitch in derision. ( In other words I was about to smash my laptop). And then a thought crosses my head, its something Leo Beenhakker said in a recent interview. When asked what made that Real Madrid team he manage so great, he suggested that it was down to partnerships and a collective will to prevail. That immediately prompts me to do a deeper analyses of my team - its time to look for partnerships.

We split our team up into creators and anchors, and then we stick in pace. Its a simple box analysis. I create a box and decide that the acceptable pace level to be included in an anchor position is 12 with acceleration of 12. Anyone else who doesnt fit the role is kicked out of the evaluation. And then I proceed to fill in the boxes with players in order of ability. I then realize that my wingers are too adventurous and not solid enough to defend. And when I look at my trident midfield pivots I realise that the anchor could be a defender retrained for the role. Two players get placed on the subs bench as I rearrange my first 12 and the "second 12". Its a long process.

I then set out to look at all the matches we have left available, after a string of 3 losses, I know we need to determine which are the matches we might lose, which we can afford to lose and which we absolutely need to get a point from. We then realise that there are only 9 home games in the season that we have a decent chance of walking off with a point or 3 if we work really hard, and 7 games i have already conceded as losses. I then draw up a list of matches to keep an eye on, and these matches will be done on comprehensive.

An away match to Blackburn follow, we are big underdogs?? Blackburn, damn, we are that bad a side :-(, we go to Ewood Park score first and concede a goal late on. Its a point earned, and more importantly it snaps our 3 game losing streak. The sad news is that ever since the FA changed the rules we havent won a match in 9 attempts, but since Leo popped in a fresh determination has seen us grab a point against Blackburn and then against Reading. Its two points and we are still a long way from being safe.

The battleplan is drawn up, we can only hope that the team performs collectively to drag our sorry butts out of the frying pan. Its going to be a long hard season.Stafford welcome to the Premiership.

Rashidi what do mean FA rule change?
lol should have put that in inverted commas :-), by FA rule change and saying they are hosted in SI Towers I had hope people knew i was alluding to the patch...

and btw .....Liverpool just escaped Marsten road with a draw after they got pounded by us

Archived