dafuge's FM13 challenge

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just out of interest; young players development. Loan them out or play them in cups and keep them with better facilities?

I'm not sure I am the best person to answer this! HA HA

In past versions I have tried to loan them out unless I really think they have a chance of breaking into the first team

I'm not sure I am the best person to answer this! HA HA

In past versions I have tried to loan them out unless I really think they have a chance of breaking into the first team

Cool. I have 4 youngsters at the moment, 4 5*PA one 4*, 2 are championship quality atm and 3 are 'decent' premiership. I really want them to mature well. At the moment i'm playing them in the cups, europe and against crappy premiership teams.

Canvey Island - 2021/22 End of Season Update - npower Championship

Almost a one-man promotion show...

League (Positions) : 4 promotions in 5 years meant that we were expected to struggle this season, especially as most of the squad were not up to leading Championship quality. This however was flipped on its head by the acquisition of a new striker (more on him later). This basically meant that we were in every game, even if our defence was so poor so that we shouldn't. Whilst we were never in the contention for automatic promotion (Everton, Millwall and Derby were miles ahead of the rest from quite an early stage), we were well in the running for a play-off place for the majority of the year. We stumbled on our last couple of games, and thus missing the chance to get 4th in the table, but still managed to secure 5th spot.

This meant that we played Middlesbrough in the playoff semi, who we hadn't beaten in either of the league games beforehand. This sadly didn't change in either leg; losing 4-2 away and then 1-0 at home (and no I don't understand why we were at home for the 2nd leg despite being ranked lower either). To be honest though, I'm glad we didn't get promoted; as there needs to be a fair amount of improvement in the squad if we want to stay up once we get promoted.

Cups:

FA Cup

We managed to beat our first PL side ever in the 3rd round, although we were vastly outplayed by Wigan for the majority of the game. No such luck in the 4th round against West Ham; although we did get some TV money to ease the pain slightly.

League Cup

Two nice home wins put us into the 3rd round, which was away to Middlesbrough. A fantastic performance there made us come out 4-0 winners, just a shame we couldn't do that later in the season. Our reward for that was a home tie against Liverpool, also on TV too. We started off well, but their quality came through in extra time - ending in a 4-2 defeat in the end.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers: Only 1 person in the entire squad with an average rating over 7.5 for the season, showing how much I need to replace in the coming seasons. Neil (the January signing) was our first money signing since I took charge. We also got our scouting range upgraded to the entirety of Europe, so hopefully I can find some good young Europeans to come in cheaply over the next few years.

Player of the Season: Emmanuel Eze - ST

Right, where do we begin? I was amazed that he was released to begin with, never mind wanting to come to a small club like us. He set club records for league and total goals in a season (unsurprisingly) as well as the most MoMs in a season. The league record for goals is 59, which I think he could've gotten if he was injured for the last couple of games of the year. A couple more players of this quality would be very welcome to the club. :rolleyes:

Finances : We got another stadium upgrade at the end of the year, which wiped out most of the profit I gained throughout the season. The new upgrade means that I'll ground-share with Southend for the first half of next season, which could consequently give me higher gate receipts than what I'm currently getting right now.

History

2013/14: BSS - 14th, FA Cup - 2nd Quali Rd, FA Trophy - 3rd Quali Rd

2014/15: BSS - 12th, FA Cup - 2nd Quali Rd, FA Trophy - 1st Rd

2015/16: BSS - 12th, FA Cup - 2nd Quali Rd, FA Trophy - WINNERS

2016/17: BSS - 1st, FA Cup - 3rd Rd, FA Trophy - WINNERS

2017/18: BSP - 1st, FA Cup - 3rd Rd, FA Trophy - 2nd Rd

2018/19: NL2 - 1st, FA Cup - 5th Rd, League Cup - 3rd Rd, JPT - Quarters (South)

2019/20: NL1 - 7th, FA Cup - 3rd Rd, League Cup - 1st Rd, JPT - 2nd Rd (South)

2020/21: NL1 - 2nd, FA Cup - 5th Rd, League Cup - 2nd Rd, JPT - Quarters (South)

2021/22: NCH - 5th, FA Cup - 4th Rd, League Cup - 4th Rd

Damn that guy is awesome midge. Rapid, good finishing and a high work rate... Awesome player for 3500 a week.

Yeah he is, where did you get him from? Did your scout pick him up? I know you mentioned you got him on a free. Where was he playing previously?

Damn that guy is awesome midge. Rapid, good finishing and a high work rate... Awesome player for 3500 a week.

Thanks, it's a shame that now that he's got a big agent he's demanding PL football next season here, or a contract worth 20x what he's on at the moment, which is far and above what the club ceiling is. I can understand why he wants it, but it may be a case of trying to keep him for as long as possible on the stupidly low deal he's on before selling him off to a big PL club.

Yeah he is, where did you get him from? Did your scout pick him up? I know you mentioned you got him on a free. Where was he playing previously?

I have my scouts roaming the PL reserve league along with the top youth leagues (and oddly enough Crewe's as well - they always seem to churn out a few good players) and he cropped up there. Was previously at Chelsea before coming here, and he rejected an approach from Watford before he came here, as well as deciding against Bolton and Portsmouth in favour of us. Suffice to say I gave my main scouting network some contract extensions after that find :cool:

Bedford Town - 2013/14

League Table - Squad (1) - Squad (2) - Transfers - Finance - Confidence

After a less than successful attempt at this last season, plucky young manager Francis York Morgan is back to strike fear into the hearts of newly promoted BSN fans. Bedford Town were the club he settled on for his mammoth journey to greatness, and this was a fantastic debut season.

League

After a pre-season where an entire squad of youthful looking fresh faces were brought in, we went into the season looking to do more than just survive, our hopes rested on a more athletic and spritely side than the rest of the competition and early signs were good as we sat mid table for a large amount of a very uneventful first half of the season, too many draws meant we were never really anything more than higher mid table. However, over Christmas those draws soon turned to wins and we emerged from winter in the play-off spots, a position we were never to lose from the moment we entered them.

A very credible 5th placed finish meant we had three games to create history, and we did it in style, beating Stalybridge 4-1 over two legs and then cruising past 2nd placed Hednesford in the final. To the surprise of everyone we were up! A manager of the year award soon followed, but this team is unlikely to stick together given our obvious weaknesses at BSP level.

Cups

The cups were a complete write-off this year, which was possibly a blessing in disguise as it kept the players fit and firing for our promotion push. We were murdered 3-0 at home in the FA Trophy and Stalybridge were our undoing in the FA Cup as we didn't even make it past the qualifying rounds. Nothing to see here..

Squad

The squad gelled very well despite bringing in an all new team. Scraping draws while they were all still getting to know one another proved crucial in finishing 5th as they powered on home towards the end. There were no real star performers, or anyone who particularly caught the eye, however there are high hopes that Fungadel Moke and top scorer George Sykes can be relied upon for the scrap we're likely to face next season.

So all in all a very good season for Bedford Town. Let's just hope the players can make the step up in the BSP!

STAFFORD PROMOTED!

21 games undefeated heading into our last 7 games, and we lose to Exeter, then we lose to Mansfield. I can almost feel us coming off the rails. Should I panic? With 3 teams breathing down our necks we get hauled back into the playoff spots, I dont really mind since we were tipped for relegation. So I call for a team meeting and tell the side to keep their heads up and that they still have what it takes for promotion. Perhaps a dose of self belief can help.

The AI had construed to play me on the same formation I use. It came at me with a 41221 which saw me succumb to a 1 goal loss to Exeter then a 3-1 dismantling by Mansfield. I decided to stick with it, our next match was against Bristol Rovers ranked 11th, I decided to stop marking wingers. So I just OIed their fullbacks and Keeper, and closed down their DMC. Both our goals coming from pressure in the opponents half, a 2-0 win.

Our next match home to Cheltenham, they too decided to visit me with a 41221, I was getting seriously annoyed. This has been the formation thats cost me a lot of wins. I either narrowly beat it or draw. I decided to stick with the same strategy against BR and once again we win 2-0. We've now picked up 3 points from the 7 to guarantee promotion. Next match against Aldershot, and they come with a 442, it feels me with elation its a formation we can beat. I push up my dline and adopt control, and OI the keeper and fullbacks and go wide. Within the first 28 secs we score, we almost make it two before the break as a rocket hits the upright. I remember telling the press that Torquay will have it tough against Oxford and I stare at the clock as we are on key highlights. I cant do full match highlights anymore I am too old to wait and too young to die from a heart attack. The whistle blows we win 2-0 and Torquay are held by Oxford. We have secured promotion with a game to spare. We may not have won the title, but we can now celebrate. Its 3 promotions in a row!

SFFIXProm.jpg

SFPROMOTED.jpg

dr_fd38579f6d35f79ecfc999fe200a4056.jpg

Dragging my bruised ego over from Ri916's Youth Academy Challenge, I've gone back to the scene of my most enjoyable FM times with dafuge's challenge. Enter Smurfo, boss of the Bucks. AFC Wimbledon were the last beneficiary of my wheeling and dealing management style - bring on the lowly Bucks for a more difficult go this time around!

God this year is tight in the prem. Spent most of it chasing Man united; who were constanlty on similar points but with games in hand. Suddenly I have 2 in hand over them and I'm 5 points behind. 9 games left for me this season. It's going to be a close one.

Edit: Just notice if I win my game in hand 2nd will be 26 points clear of 3rd. Fylde and United are somewhat further ahead of teh pack.

Love Chelsea. They beat United meaning I'm 1 point clear and have my game in hand, means I can afford to lose 1 now! Of my remaining games only Man City look like a loseable fixture too.

AFC Fylde 2024/25

Somewhat similar to last year.

League Past Positions Squad Transfers Finances

Well, we are officially a big club now. Spanking Liverpool 4-0 on the opening day was expected of us, apparently. We then had to play the entire rest of last years top 8 in a row, explaining the shaky start, but after that we settled into incredible winning ways. Until 6 weeks before the end of the season it looked like it'd be tight with us and United, however they faltered massively and even with us playing mainly youth players for the last 5 games we won the league by 4 points. We ended with 3 of our players in the TotY, but more on those 3 later.

The FA cup was bad, an early draw against Man Utd meant we lost out, though that was probably a blessing in disguise as it meant we had games free and enough of a squad to cover injuries. The youngsters got to the final of the league cup, where they were unfortunate to lose to a decent Boro side who were certainly the surprise package of this season.

In Europe we got drawn an almost identical group to last year with Lyon and Fenerbahce, the only difference being we had Basel instead of APOEL this year. We topped the group comfortably with 16 points, and overcame Valencia comfortably in the first knockout round. We were slightly harder pressed by benfica but squeezed through with a good home leg, on to meet Spurs in the final. Spurs, I feel I should point out, have possibly the best player in the world at the moment up front for them, a guy by the name of Martin Vos. Here are his stats, he is currently on 132 goals in 130 apps for Spurs. Anyways, we lost the first leg at the Perryman arena, (spurs new stadium) 1-0. That was fine, the performance was dire and injuries meant my average player age was about 11 and a half. In the home leg we were doing great, 2-0 up until that man vos scored in the 89th minute. He is the bane of my life in games with Spurs. And we went out on away goals. Away Goals. What an awful rule. So once again we got dumped out of Europe at the semi finals.

Next Year I have the same aims as I had this year, given that apparently almost nothing has changed this season.

Key Players

Unsurprisingly, they are the 3 who made it into the team of the season.

Yassine Benzia - Great season. destroyed the Fylde scoring record with 46 goals in 43 starts this year. Also broke the MotM record, picking up 13 awards. Despite that, he was on the bench for the TotY. Martin Vos and Chris Dunn, a chelsea striker also with insane stats, were ahead of him. This is what i'm having to contend with in my save, a 7.81 av rating and 40 league goals is enough to see you be 3rd best. You could say i'm slightly bitter about this situation

Andreas Christensen - again in my top 3. Sterling show from the great Dane, with a 7.85 average rating across the season, ever present in the league.

Adryan - My signing frmo last year. Well and truly settled in the Fylde, now speaks fluent English. 20 goals and 8 assists was a great return.

Junior Fylde Watch

As I'm now also building for the future, this is where I'm putting my best youngsters.

John Segura - Brought in for just over 1m, 5* potential, managed 16 starts this year. Seems a good prospect, if a bit injury prone. Picks up lots of short term injuries.

Mauro Lima - Brought in on a free. A free. Currently ranked as 'good' for most premiership sides and 5* potential, he looks a great find. Managed a lot of starts, played in my cup team, and in the premiership when Gur, my starting cb, picked up an injury.

This is so freaking annoying, ok L1 side now, not yet championship calibre, but my scouts are still rooted in UK and then for some random bizarre reason I get a report about some kid from Malaysia. I go hmm must have had them on filter or assigned a second nationality. And I decide to sign him cos I cant scout him. Its a gamble, but we need numbers and he had one 17, a 17 any 17 i go like wtf.

Well post season, i managed to squeeze out one more physio from my scrooge board and then i go looking for players to sign. I scout feverishly apply to some championship sides for players on loan..and only get one. My strikers are hopeless, we scored something like 50 goals last season, and i doubt they will be able to keep it up. So far we've signed 10 players, they are marginally better than what we have...marginally. At least we relay the pitch, thats got to be something. Will we stay up or can we achieve another impossible feat? If i keep playing my Mourinho tactics then maybe. So far my defensive tactics have worked really well..if i can keep it tight at the back then we may have a chance of shooting for the playoffs..big if. I have no freaking clue on who to sign, we had a chance at Jay Bothroyd of all people but he decides to go to Bristol????they are in league 2. Well I need players with some intelligence.

Wish me luck

Woot...defensive tactics are the best.. Capital One first round tie had us against Notts Forest at home. As usual we are relegation tipped, meant to lose...but the boys us proud..a 1 nil win in extra time against a team down to 10 men...we need all the luck we can get :-)

Nice goal fc; it was all the pressure he was under forced him into the mistake. I mean, that striker was 8 yards away, practically on top of him.

Has anyone else noticed there are a huge amount of own goals scored on this game? I had a 4-1 win when all the 4 I got were own goals, seems odd.

Congrats on another decent season Bidwell. If you're up against Vos then it may be worth trying the hard tackling OI to try intimidating him due to his low bravery and aggression....unless you've already tried that.

Another sign of our progress, we've been deemed favorites for the first time I'm aware of in a Premier League match vs newly promoted Swansea.

Its a new season for Stafford. Last season our promotion tale consisted of one too many nail biting matches as we ground out match after match by a solitary goal. Scoring more than a goal proved an issue. Moving into the new division, my focus was immediately sorting out three key areas of the team:

Defense: We have a distinct lack of strength and jumping which means we are suspect to the tall target-man, We signed two new defenders but they are still too young to play, I will continue to look for one to sign he should at least have 13 in major attributes

Midfield: We are sorely lacking a DM, I haven't been able to sign anyone so we may need to convert one of our defenders to that role. Frak I need to have a better way to find players…gonna depend more on my scouts now.

In attack we are the weakest. Its an area we need to shore up so I will look for players with the attributes to play as inside forwards. Whether we find them or not is a different story.

---

AFC Wimbledon vs Stafford

Our first match was an away game, I was elated as we took a 2-0 lead into halftime and then extended it to 3-1, but then things got turned on its head with 20 minutes to go when the AI brought on a target man who started winning headers in DMCs and penalty box. Three knock downs three goals, I was gutted. I couldn't even cut off his supply route, it was an either or situation. On hindsight I could have managed things better, but complacency set in.

Stafford v Doncaster

With 10 new signings you can get lost, so I filtered through to look for players to work as partnerships, defensive partnership with one strong in jumping and the other good with anticipation and composure. Basically ended up with fine-tuning my selection of players. We go into the break 2 nil up again. They pull one goal back, but we enjoy near total domination and win 3-1. I only use two shouts this time, push up higher and wider. Its a shock result setting the Moors in rapturous mood. One win One loss. 7 goals in two games better than my average last season. We are the worst performing newly promoted side, this is gonna be a cool season.

We head to Plymouth in our next match score the early goal but concede towards the end, its disappointing but there are a lot of positives from that game

Our opening day match was a magnificent 1-0 win over Nottingham Forest which we squeezed out in extra time. Our 2nd Round opponents were newly demoted West Ham Utd. This has not been an easy start to the season. We inspect their side and I am resigned to defeat, heading into the press conference I say the same and that it should be a tall order for us to get anything from that match. In fact knowing that my priority has to be the league and promotion, I make the decision to field as many reserves as I can. After all we are meant to lose, so I may as well protect my first teamers. I do have to field 3 first teamers in the end, but the strike force is new and the fullbacks are new.

We adopt a counterattacking stance against West Ham who have opted to play a 4231. Thats a formation that really needs space to work well in. So i decide to narrow the pitch and keep play neutral. Without any input from the fullbacks their midfielders will have a lot of work to do and their wingers will need all the support. So I hope that this works.

The first half ends goaless, and we do a great job of keeping them at bay, but i do expect the inevitable onslaught, but as they continue to pour forward their attacks down the flanks fail to penetrate our defense. In the 63rd min they score a goal off a corner, there is nothing i can do about it. By then we are beginning to get some self belief as I see my captain drive the ball all the way from defense to their box for a shot. 6 minutes later our pressure on their fullbacks forces one of them into a back pass which fails to reach its dc and our striker pounces on it to score the equaliser.

By now its apparent to me that both sides are creating as many chances, off a counter they score to lead 2-1 then we get a free kick which gets a lucky deflection and goes in. We notice they are picking up yellow cards in the middle of the park so i instruct my team to exploit the middle. 5 minutes later a Hammer picks up his second yellow and we find ourselves playing against 10 man, theres hope. We make it to extra time and I tell my players they are now unlucky not to be leading. The boys come out of the docks like a bunch of crazed hyenas as they peg West Ham back, wait we aren't attacking are we? Then with 5 minutes left in extra time I decide to unleash my bench, and I tell em to pump it to the box, the pressure works as the Hammers succumb. Its our second successive Championship scalp. Final score 3-2 (aet).

AFCFyldebadge.jpg

Squad - POY - Transfers 1 2 - Table - Graph - Playoff Final - Finances - Profile

Haven't post for about a week but have turned into Claudio Ranieri with my team in our 2nd season in npower championship, tinkering with this and that after deciding on changing formation to utilise players in the squad better

And it worked even after usually slump in form over christmas and new year with fixture congestion will still managed to kick on and finished 3rd, setting up a playoff semi against Crystal Palace who we beat 3-1 over 2 legs, which menat facing Rotherham in final at Wembley in front of over 87,000 fans.

Which against all odds we won 2-1 after extra time,

Barclays Premier League here we come with all that money, only downside is as still in 5,000 seater stadium means my have to share with Blackpool till grounds up to Premier League standard.

Plan for next season:

1) Avoid RELEGATION

2) Improve squad where necessary

3) Spend wisely to ensure finacial stability if we do get relegated

4) Build own training facilites as still renting that would be 1 legacy from are time in Premier League

Season     Division              Pos  Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14    Blue Square North     4th  Promoted via Playoffs, FA Trophy 1st Round
2014/15    Blue Square Prem     11th  FA Cup 3rd Round, FA Trophy 1st Round           
2015/16    Blue Square Prem      1st  League Champions, FA Cup 3rd Round, FA Trophy 1st Round
2016/17    npower League 2      18th  Capital One Cup 2nd Round, JPT North 1st Round, FA Cup 2nd Round
2017/18    npower League 2       7th  Promoted via Playoffs, Capital One Cup 1st Round, JPT North 1st Round, FA Cup 4th Round                                              
2018/19    npower League 1      16th  Capital One Cup 1st Round, FA Cup 1st Round, JPT North 2nd Round                            
2019/20    npower League         5th  Promoted via Playoffs, Capital One Cup 2nd Round, JPT North 2nd Round, FA Cup 4th Round
2020/21    npower Championship  10th  Capital One Cup 2nd Round, FA Cup 3rd Round             
2021/22    npower Championship   3rd  Promoted via Playoffs, Capital One Cup 2nd Round, FA Cup 6 th Round

THE GAME IS BUGGED

For my opponents it certainly was..they were camped in my half for 20 minutes before I decided to start even thinking about attacking. Getting hammered like a Tyson's punching bag on a bad day, and then I noticed their fullbacks weren't overlapping..woot time to do some attacking of my own. Push to control, go wide, overlapping..i am still defending but getting my punches in..we win...lol look at the stats!!!! 5 shots and 3 goals vs what Crewe had.

Crewe just sent a letter to SI complaining that the match engine is bugged..hahahaha!

13Crewe.jpg

Ah, rashidi, you have Nathan Ake? You automatically win the game. Good little updates.

Andy, if your Fylde is anything like mine then even with your wage budget at what they set it, attendances and TV will mean you never lose money, I'm only starting to lose cash still at the 12500 seater on 1M a week wages. Good to see another Fylde in the bigtime, too :)

Congrats on another decent season Bidwell. If you're up against Vos then it may be worth trying the hard tackling OI to try intimidating him due to his low bravery and aggression....unless you've already tried that.

Another sign of our progress, we've been deemed favorites for the first time I'm aware of in a Premier League match vs newly promoted Swansea.

I tried that, ended up with a guy sent off in 4 minutes. I try to tightly mark him and just keep him tethered. But he just needs 1 chance and I get destroyed.

THE GAME IS BUGGED

For my opponents it certainly was..they were camped in my half for 20 minutes before I decided to start even thinking about attacking. Getting hammered like a Tyson's punching bag on a bad day, and then I noticed their fullbacks weren't overlapping..woot time to do some attacking of my own. Push to control, go wide, overlapping..i am still defending but getting my punches in..we win...lol look at the stats!!!! 5 shots and 3 goals vs what Crewe had.

Crewe just sent a letter to SI complaining that the match engine is bugged..hahahaha!

13Crewe.jpg

5 shots only 2 on target and 3 goals!! An Own goal I assume?

Ah, rashidi, you have Nathan Ake? You automatically win the game. Good little updates. :)
Nathan Ake is finding it hard now getting into the side, with the likes of Daniel Boateng, Will James, Lewis Rankin. I managed to find this dude Matthew Delaney from my scout as well....high hopes for him. It's a decent side, my scouts seem to earn their keep.@ Padders... Yeah an Og of the highest comedic value as my striker takes a shot...two defenders and the keeper come clattering together. They fall down and the ball enters the net lol of their goof up. Collision physics me like :-)

Andy, if your Fylde is anything like mine then even with your wage budget at what they set it, attendances and TV will mean you never lose money, I'm only starting to lose cash still at the 12500 seater on 1M a week wages. Good to see another Fylde in the bigtime, too :)

thanks Bidwell93 but may not be as likely as you as may Kellamergh Park is still only 5,000 seats as still have another 4-5 seasons till stadium can be rebuilt going by what others have said regarding 20 year rule

and have just looked at club info screen and as i thought we are sharing with Blackpool next season as don't meet requirements at Kellamergh Park

thanks Bidwell93 but may not be as likely as you as may Kellamergh Park is still only 5,000 seats as still have another 4-5 seasons till stadium can be rebuilt going by what others have said regarding 20 year rule

and have just looked at club info screen and as i thought we are sharing with Blackpool next season as don't meet requirements at Kellamergh Park

I still think you'll make plenty money, You get about 5M a month from TV rights (60Mish a year) and I was only spending about 3M a month max in my first year.

I still think you'll make plenty money, You get about 5M a month from TV rights (60Mish a year) and I was only spending about 3M a month max in my first year.

that will be good. what sort of budgets did you get for transfers and wages with that sort of money coming in

that will be good. what sort of budgets did you get for transfers and wages with that sort of money coming in

I think year one was only like 120K wage and a little transfer. Then that doubled up next year. This year having been in for 6 or so years I'm on 1.1M and 32M transfer.

No, though hopefully now, as the season I'm in will finish June 2026, which is 20 years after Kellamergh Park was built (It opened August 2006) I can get one planned in the off season. So hopefully a decent champions league/premiership run will leave the coffers in a good state and as I'm now in top 10 European clubs/ 3rd in England it'll be a big ol' thing.

Edit: I better get a new one - I'm haemorrhaging money this season. It's really, really bad. On the plus side after 14 games I have a 100% record in the league.

Gah. The post-it curse strikes again. Lost my 16th game of the season and my 100% record.

Halfway stage of the season and the premier league table/stats look like this. Domination is the name of the game for Fylde this year. That loss was away to Spurs, so understandable. Benzia is in wicked form.

Will do an update later tonight with pics, but unfortunately lost in the playoff semis to Salisbury in the BSS. Shame, we were on a great run of form then CB, CM, and CF all got injured and we limped over the finish line, only to be knocked out 4-3 on aggregate in the playoffs. Unfortunately, but next year beckons.

BASHLEY ALLIED STATES, TOWNS AND RURAL DOMAINS

BASHLEY F.C.

There's no blocking the Bashley lemmings...

2018/19 - Championship

ia8Y6.png

Club Information | Manager Profile | Confidence | Finances | Squad (1) (2) | Transfers (1) (2)

The League

League Table | Position Graph

Playoff Semi Final Leg 1 | Playoff Semi Final Leg 2

Playoff Final

The Domestic Cups

FA Cup Fixtures | Capital One Cup Fixtures

Key Players

Flavio Schmid | Maicon Antônio | Josh Flynn

Awards

Fan's Player of the Season

Flavio Schmid

The Swiss attacking midfielder takes the fan's player of the season and rightly so. Little creative genius.

Top Scorer

Josh Flynn

I didn't know Americans could be this lethal. 33 goals this season. 90 goals in two and a half seasons (due to injury). Fantastic player.

Millward Player's Choice Award

Manager's Player of the Season

Maicon Antônio

This little gem was hiding at Ludogorets in Bulgaria. Played 53 games all season with an average of 7.42! Not to mention he tastes a beast of a free kick.

Jordan Swinburn Award

Surprise of the Season

Four consecutive promotions!

Going up four years in a row is fantastic. This team is amazing.

Aims For Next Season

Survive in the land of the giants!

I don't care what happens as long as we're still Premier League at the end of the season.

Career Overview

Season      League                   League Finish      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14     Blue Square South        17th               Survival
2014/15     Blue Square South        5th                Promotion - Playoffs
2015/16     Blue Square Premier      3rd                Promotion - Playoffs
2016/17     League Two               3rd                Promotion - Automatic
2017/18     League One               1st                Promotion - Champions
2018/19     Championship             5th                Promotion - Playoffs

3AMyT.png

Wealdstone- Blue Square Bet Premier - 2017/18

A season that threatened to end in heartbreak instead resulted in triumph as we finally fought our way out of the BSP and are now looking forward to playing League Football!

League Table - We were briefly top but a poor run of form towards the end of the season saw us requiring a win at home against Barrow and having to hope that other results went our way. Fortunately, they did.

League Positions Graph

FA Trophy - Didn't really care much about the FA Trophy but it was nice to reach the 3rd round.

FA Cup - Made it all the way to the 3rd round, where we drew Man City...... at home. They thrashed us 7-0. At least it didn't completely derail our season, and we made 150k in gates from the match.

Squad-1 2

Transfers

Finances

Key Player Profiles

Abiola Badirou - Akwasi who? Turns out we didn't need a replacement as Badirou surpassed Asante's record of 25 goals in a season.

Joey Jones

Joe Ironside

Career Overview

Season           League                   Position          Achievements
       ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        2013/14     Blue Square Bet South          1st            Champions!
        2014/15     Blue Square Bet Premier        7th           Top half finish
        2015/16     Blue Square Bet Premier        19th           Survival
        2016/17     Blue Square Bet Premier        5th            Playoff Final
        2017/18     Blue Square Bet Premier        5th            Playoff Winner!

Next Season

Survive and find our feet in League Football. A raft of new signings are necessary as a fair few players are leaving on frees.

Congratulations on both securing important promotions, Swinburn and Intrigue. Swinburn, you're just far too good at footy manager :)

I know that feel Bonzo, it always seems to be at key parts of the season. I had 6 first teamers out over the christmas period this season; not quite as bad as your situation, though.

Congratulations on both securing important promotions, Swinburn and Intrigue. Swinburn, you're just far too good at footy manager :)

I know that feel Bonzo, it always seems to be at key parts of the season. I had 6 first teamers out over the christmas period this season; not quite as bad as your situation, though.

Yeah Swinburn's form makes my 20 years in the Blue Square South and Premier look very very very poor :D

AFC Fylde 2025/26

A mixed bag.

League Past Positions League's Player Stats Squad Transfers

This year was interesting. Not much in the way of transfers, merely getting some more youngsters in, apart from Vukan Vulovic. Brought in for a record fee, and quite alot for a 29 year old, I hoped he could provide some much needed spark down the right wing. The only other change to the first team was promoting Lima, our young centre back, to start next to Christensen instead of Abulkadir Gur. The league began well, and we went the first 16 games without tasting a defeat or a draw. From game 11 we were top, and never looked like finishing anywhere else. We had some absolute demolition jobs on certain teams, a highlight of mine being our 2 games of the season against Liverpool, which we won 5-0 and 5-1. Half our poor results came from resting the big players to play in the Champions league knockout games, too. As evident from the League player stats, we were dominant. Benzia and Vulovic set records for goals and assists respectively, and we beat the record for most points in a season, knocking out a massive 102 points.

My board, like me, dont give a toss about the League Cup, and we lost out early playing our 2nd/3rd string. The FA cup saw us get beaten in the quarters by a decent Boro team, who went on to win the whole thing.

Europe was slightly iffy. In a group with Benfica, a team I always struggle against, as well as AC and Besiktas. We got out of it, and played Atletico in the first knockout round, and scraped through to play Real in the quarters. We got a good 3-1 win at home, but lost out in extra time at the Bernabeu. Just once i'd like to have a chance at winning that damn competition.

In other news, having sold out our stadium 28 times in a season the option finally came up to get a new one. WHICH THE BOARD REFUSED. I hate them. So much.

Key Players

Yassine Benzia - 51 goals in all comps this year. Unbelievable. Finally won the top scorer award in the premiership. However at 31 I'm having to look at replacements.

Andreas Christensen - Again the centreback and captain makes it. Another top notch season. Didnt bother with his and Benzia's profiles as they've been on pretty much every report for a while now.

Vukan Vulovic - The new guy. 13 goals and 32 assists this year was stunning, utterly worth the cash. Will hopefully get another season or 2 out of him, Benzia and Adryan.

Next seasons aims:

Convince the board to build a stadium. Nothing else. ATM TV/prize money is keeping us afloat. We need a stadium bigger than 12500. Frankly, it's embarrassing welcoming Eurpean giants to Kellamergh park at the moment

Congrats on another league title, is that 3 in a row?

Re stadium: Idiotic board....don't these money men know enough by now to trust your judgement. After all, you've taken them from a club dealing in pennies to dealing in millions...

I'd probably choose the 2nd response, in the hope of appealing to their greed....or the first one to appeal to their ego.

Out of curiosity, how many home games didn't you sell out? And what competitions and who were they against?

Archived