dafuge's FM13 challenge

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My beginning profile

BadgeLowestoft_Town.png

Lowestoft Town - Blue Square Bet North - 2013/14

A good start. Never climbed higher than 11th in Week 6, but only fell into the relegation zone for one week in Week 18 before rebounding to 16th the following week. Mostly bounced between 14th-18th before finally settling in at 15th with a win on the last day of the season over Colwyn Bay.

A little bit of interesting trivia. Blackburn won the FA Cup this year from the Championship.

League Table

FA Cup - 4th Qualifying Round. Lost on penalties 3-3 to Dag & Red who was in the BSP.

FA Trophy - 2nd Round. Lost 3-1 at home to non-league Grantham while trying to rotate the squad a bit.

Squad - Working on upgrading players, but it's hard to get players since I can't offer anything but Part Time Key Player and First Team, or non-contract backup. Really would like to be a professional club.

Transfers - Lots of transfers bringing in players on free transfers as I had a lot of player contracts expire as I took over. Started year with a bare bones squad and getting to have enough to cover my Under 18 and Reserve squads.

Youth Intake - No one of consequence.

Key Players:

Billy Law - 25 goals in 39 (5) appearances with 7.25 average rating. He's not my best rated striker necessarily in stars, but held down a starters spot most of the season and was consistent.

Olumide Durojaiye - Mid year signing after my parent club Norwich released him in June. Became a rock in my defense with 18 starts and 7.18 rating.

Patrick Drmola - Hold over from when I took over the team. Made 45 starts for me scoring 11 goals (tied 2nd on team). Finished with 7.07 rating and played well off Laws.

Career Overview

Season     League   Pos     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14    BSN      15th    

Canvey Island - 2020/21 End of Season Update - npower League 1

Moving on up...

League (Positions) : After just missing out on the play-offs last season, I was determined not to not have a repeat performance this season. After a inconsistent start, we finally got used to playing the 4-3-3 system that was implemented at the end of last year. With that we were around the promotion places for the majority of the season, including a extended stay at the top. A small dip in form around Easter pushed us off the top for the season's end, but we'd done enough by this point to easily secure promotion to the Championship, our 4th promotion in 5 years.

Cups:

FA Cup

Like most seasons, we waltzed into the 3rd round without any effort whatsoever. Got favourable draws in rounds 3 and 4 to get into the last 16 for the 2nd time in our history. We got an away trip to Man Utd, with the added bonus of a TV appearance as well. We never really threatened to a half-strength United, but the money we gained from the game was probably more important to the club than the actual result.

League Cup

Almost on the receiving end of a shock for once in the 1st round, but we managed to sneak the win at Eastleigh. We gave a decent go of it at home to PL Middlesbrough, but ultimately came up short. We still haven't knocked out a PL side in either competition yet.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

No problems here against the two L2 sides we played (AFC Wimbledon and Crawley) but we performed really poorly in the game against Coventry, and can have no real complaints about bowing out at this stage.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers: A bit more activity on the transfer front this season than last due to needing wingers who fitted the new style of play. Apart from that, it was trying to recruit new people who would become starters in positions that had gaps. None of the players that left were massive losses either which helped.

Player of the Season: Neil Flint - DC

No relation to namesake Aden (who won the award last year) sadly, but I've found another solid rock to base my defence around. Hopefully will stay for a good couple of years, especially as my coaches reckon he'll become a leading Championship player soon; which to be honest I have very little in the squad right now.

Finances : A small stadium upgrade along with a major youth facility upgrade means that most of the money I've saved up the last couple of seasons has been spent in one go. Might cash in on one or two people to ensure that we have a comfortable balance for the next year as I'm quite close to the amount of general salary I can cover with attendances.

History

2013/14: BSS - 14th, FA Cup - 2nd Quali Rd, FA Trophy - 3rd Quali Rd

2014/15: BSS - 12th, FA Cup - 2nd Quali Rd, FA Trophy - 1st Rd

2015/16: BSS - 12th, FA Cup - 2nd Quali Rd, FA Trophy - WINNERS

2016/17: BSS - 1st, FA Cup - 3rd Rd, FA Trophy - WINNERS

2017/18: BSP - 1st, FA Cup - 3rd Rd, FA Trophy - 2nd Rd

2018/19: NL2 - 1st, FA Cup - 5th Rd, League Cup - 3rd Rd, JPT - Quarters (South)

2019/20: NL1 - 7th, FA Cup - 3rd Rd, League Cup - 1st Rd, JPT - 2nd Rd (South)

2020/21: NL1 - 2nd, FA Cup - 5th Rd, League Cup - 2nd Rd, JPT - Quarters (South)

6289_leamington_football_club.jpg

Slight improvement, finishing in the dizzy heights of 17th!!!!

It's consistency that is driving me mad. One week I can beat top of the league 3-1, the next week im losing to two team in the bottom 4 of the divison. Literally lost to 21st and 24th in a space of a week last night after beating top of the table team the week before! So annoying :mad:

I got to the 1st rounnd of the FA Cup and lost to Cardiff after a replay. Cardiff were lying 2nd in League 1 and drew 0-0 at home. I had a great chance to win the game at the very end. I lost the replay 4-0! It helped the finances by the tune of 200k

I got to the Semi Final of the FA Trophy also.

I have had a big clear out again. I have released 4 of my first team players who were getting into the early 30's. I decided that I will get some new younger players in and see if that can have a impact.

Leamington Spa

Season        League      POS        FA CUP

2013-14        BSN        19th        1st         
2014-15        BSN        14th        QUAL      
2015-16        BSN        16th        1st
2016-17        BSN        19th        QUAL
2017-18        BSN        14th        QUAL
2018-19        BSN        7th         QUAL
2019-20        BSN        9th         QUAL 
2020-21        BSN        17th        QUAL
2021-22        BSN        11th        QUAL
2022-23        BSN        1st         1st
2023-24        BSP        19th        1st
2024-25        BSP        19th        3rd
2025-26        BSP        17th        1st

Nice midge, you'll start getting actual wage bills now instead of the pocket change you were running on if my game was anything to go by. 30k wage bills are nice.

Solid start rover, being semi-pro is a massive pain at the start.

Feel so bad for yu padders. Next season you'll get there!

Edit: This may have been the game I finally feel like a big club. Utter dominance. Their shots were from miles out, too.

full update to come later as imgur is having maintance done so cant upload screenshots at min

but have just finished first season in npower Championship finishing 10th and have just started pre season for season 2

when i got an opportunity to sign a 22 year old AML from Harve Athletic Club France that my scout found me who wants similar wage to my 1st choice player but he has better stats than the 1st choice so i immdiately offered him a contract which he has duly accepted

now to make it even better i offered my 1st choice AML to clubs and have had 2 bids for his full asking price up front so this has turned into an amazing bit of business get a free in for £300 pw less wages than 1st choice

but can offload 1st choice for £425,000 so will make £471,800 in fee and wages saved for next 3 years so a great bit of business as still have a decent back up already for that position

will please the board so hopefully now they may grant my request for our own youth facilities rather than renting facilities

v3f4ia.png

Lowestoft - Blue Square North - 2013/14

Brilliant season for this little club. It was quite up and down to be honest, we started extremely well, giving me ambitions of a playoff place finish, but our form dipped midway through the season and it was sort of stop start, as in we'd go unbeaten for 6 games, then start losing every other game to poorer opposition. Nonetheless, I'm still very happy with the way the team performed.

League Table - We were almost top scorers in the division, with 81 goals. But we also conceded a heap, giving me cause for concern when next season comes.

Squad - I was very pleased with the way the majority of my squad performed. I was never able to get a better goalkeeper, so Reynolds had to do the job all season and repayed me with a goal straight from a goal-kick, so that's always nice. The main performers though were Andrew Fisk, Jordan Pavett, Craig Mahon and Hicham Abdellah. Fisk is the only one that was there when I took over, I signed Pavett and Abdellah during pre-season, and managed to snatch Mahon away from Vauxhall Motors for free after he'd started the season with 6 goals and 5 assists in 4 matches.

Transfers - There wasn't really room for an 'overhaul' as I started with a small squad and wage budget. There won't be too many leaving this summer as the majority of them have proved they can perform to a reasonable standard at this level.

Finances - Finances are pretty shoddy, but that's to be expected as I never really got a decent cup run going.

Career

Season          League                      League Finish        Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14         Blue Square North           12th

Anyone know how to persuade the board a new stadium is a good idea? Ours is now fully expanded to 12,500 (the original stadium, never had a new one). We sell out every game, and until I get a bigger stadium I cant improve my team as we wont have the ticket sales to fund it and I want to live within my means. And until that happens, I'm going to struggle to improve and challenge for the premiership. But every season my board's expectations are increasing... But whenever I try to suggest a stadium the option is greyed out.

Anyone know how to persuade the board a new stadium is a good idea? Ours is now fully expanded to 12,500 (the original stadium, never had a new one). We sell out every game, and until I get a bigger stadium I cant improve my team as we wont have the ticket sales to fund it and I want to live within my means. And until that happens, I'm going to struggle to improve and challenge for the premiership. But every season my board's expectations are increasing... But whenever I try to suggest a stadium the option is greyed out.

I'm sure there used to be a 20years gap coded into the game. After my first season with Leamington I automatically had a new stadium built. Are you sure you didn't?

If you didn't, according to Wiki, AFC Fylde moved into a new stadium in 2006

"The new ground was officially opened on 5 August 2006. It has a 200 seat main stand which cost £30,000 to build[18] with four rows of seating and a designated Press Box area.[20]A PA system is installed, and new floodlights are in place with other areas of the ground being developed. The ground is 3.8 miles (6.1 km) from their old council owned ground at Coronation Road in Kirkham."

Ah, darn. I didnt even think about the pre-bidwell era of Fylde's history. 4 more years off sellouts I guess then, before a new one can get built :( Cheers for the help.

Edit: Just won the League cup. All the better is that I thought it was the semi final. It was a nice surprise to win my first domestic trophy in the top division.

Bognor Regis

Season update 2023/24 - Blue Square Premier Division

fmavatar.png5100178.png

Short one this :)

1.2mill income for FA cup away draw against Manchester United. Awesome. Now my wage budget is doubled and I have a 200k Transfer budget. \o/

Was 3-1 up in the Playoff Final.... Someone yelled shut up shop at me. I told em bollocks. I've got this... Opposition then scored in 81st, 84th an 92nd. making it 3-4

And another season in Cozy BSP for Bognor Regis.

W    D    L    G  Pnts   
[b]St.Neots[/b]
2013/14 BSN 9th - 19 |  5 | 18 | +2 | 62 | 
2014/15 BSN 9th - 17 | 12 | 13 | +1 | 63 | FA cup 3rd
2015/16 BSN 6th - 21 |  7 | 14 | +10| 70 | FA cup 1st 
2016/17 BSN 4th - 18 | 13 | 11 | +9 | 67 | Playoff semi lost - no cup luck
2017/18 BSN 2nd - 22 | 9  | 11 | +22| 75 | FA cup 2nd Round. Playoff Final lost
2018/19 BSN 4th - 18 | 15 | 9  | +21| 69 | Promotion through Playoffs - Fa cup 2nd round
2019/20 BSP 21st- 11 | 12 | 23 | -26| 45 | Relegated and Sacked 
[b]Bognor Regis[/b]
2020/21 BSS 5th - 21 | 7  | 14 | +28| 70 | FA Trophy Final, Playoff Semi Final Lost
2021/22 BSS 5th - 19 | 14 |  9 | +16| 71 | Promotion Through Playoff, No Cup Luck
2022/23 BSP 17th- 13 | 15 | 16 | -16| 54 | Survived \o/
2023/24 BSP 5th - 19 | 15 | 12 | +16| 72 | Fa Cup 3rd! Playoff Final Lost

AFC Fylde 2021/22 Review

Oh, what could have been.

League Past Positions Squad Transfers Finances

This season was a great 'what if?' season. We strengthen the squad well, and in preseason I decided to ditch my trusty 4-5-1 counter in favour of a more fluid custom 4-2-3-1 set to 'control.' I felt we were a better team than most of the league now, and wanted to play like it. Though I did set counter a few times when we were outmatched or the opponent was chasing a winner.

The league began OK, however that Past Positions graph isnt the most reliable - because of fixture congestion and game re-arrangements, I was, for the most part 3-4 games behind everyone else in the league. This meant that going into the last 2 games for most teams, I had 6 games to play, and was only a few points off first. However this massive run of fixtures took its toll on my team, they ended up knackered and limping home on the final day having been spanked 3-0 by a Newcastle side who I know for a fact we could and probably would have beaten had I had my first team out. Thus I ended up 4th in the end, and whilst still amazing when I remember it's my 3rd season in the top flight, it was bittersweet - I feel I should have finished at least 2nd.

The League cup was great. I breezed through it with my second string, and didnt even realise I had won it - I thought it was the semis. Our first major (if not that major) domestic trophy and I was pleased. Results

The FA cup saw us get through to the semis, where we were unlucky to lose to a full strength spurs team who didnt have our injury list or fixture congestion. Another day the game could have been ours.

The Europa league saw us stroll through the group stages - which included an 8-0 event where we took Athletic Bilbao to brown town - and into the knockout rounds.

Here we began with Napoli where I progressed after a 2-1 win away followed by an unbelievable 5-4 aet victory in the home leg. Quite a high scoring game, though I didnt realise until afterwards why that was. I had accidentaly played my right back in goal - a lesson in why you should always check that teamsheet before submitting!

Dortmund were too strong in the quarters, however, and we crashed out 2-1 on aggregate, though I was proud of the team's efforts.

And so the season was over. We have set about building more facilities, and hopefully in a few years we will get someone through the academy who isnt rubbish! Next season just experiencing the Champions league will be great, and I also hope to go that step further in the FA cup.

Key players

Wesley Said - for the second season in a row he makes it here. Great season, with 41 goals and 16 assists in 41 starts you can see how valuable he is to me. I have him tied up for another 2 years on his contract, by which time I hope I may have an even better striker.

Abdulkadir Gur - solid at the back and was great all year. Hope to keep him for a few years to come.

CHIPPENHAM TOWN F.C

7BFmN.jpg

22-23 Season

Club Information | Manager Profile | Confidence | Finances | Squad | Transfers 1|2

The League

League Table | Position Graph

A pretty consitant season, with the exception of a small blip 7 or 8 games in we managed to stay in or around the 6th place that we finaly finished. Didnt manage to make Europe but at least gained 3 places on last years finish! The squad continues to improve and from a reputation standpoint we are finally in line most of our Premier League peers, so attracting players is becoming a lot easier. The Team is still relying on youth with an average age of 23 but it seems to be working for me! i also had my 500th Game in charge of the Club and got approached by Arsenal

The Cups

FA Cup Fixtures | Capital One Cup

Our usual poor performance in the Cups, knocked out first game in the Capital One Cup, but did manage to reach the 5th round of the FA Cup which I think is our best performance in this compitition so far.

Key Players

Best 11

Branko Abramovic| Jonathan Ferry | Joao Rodrigues

Awards

Fan's Player of the Season

Joao Rodrigues

Not surprising, with 25 goals in 35 appearances, not bad for a player signed on a free!

Top Scorer

Joao Rodrigues

Manager's Player of the Season

Joao Rodrigues

This guy is just amazing!

Aims For Next Season

European Place

I've got to strive for a European place and to once again improve my position!

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2013/14         Blue Square North            9th          
 2014/15         Blue Square North            4th     Promotion Via Playoffs
 2015/16         Blue Square Premiership      1st     BSP Winners/FAT Winners
 2016/17         League 2                     20th    Survival
 2017/18         league 2                     6th     Promotion Via Play Offs
 2018/19         league 1                     5th     Promotion Via Play Offs
 2019/20        Championship                  5th     Promotion Via Play Offs
 2020/21        Premier League               16th    Survival
 2021/22        Premier League               9th    Mid Table Security
 2021/22        Premier League               6th    Top Half Finish

Thanks Swinburn for the Formating!

Right am giving this my first go in FM 13, please meet the new manager of FC United

Have gone for them mainly for the idea of becoming thebiggest club in Manchester :D

Aren't you already the biggest club in Manchester? The other club in Manchester have a small club mentality and as such will always be a small club :) You've obviously got big ambitions (Premier League & Champions League) and a big club mentality. And a big club for the level you're at too.

Naturally Manchester United will always be the biggest club in Trafford. :)

How are the finances/your club rep? I got through my takeover but we had good finances and I was an icon.

Also I hope it's a tycoon, a money boost could really help get you up the leagues :)

Edit: Just played the first leg of my champions league best placed match. Away to Marseille, I won 6-0. Somewhat of a commanding lead for the return leg. Even better was that it was a mix of my 2nd and 3rd string due to injuries piling up a bit (yes, injuries 1 game into the season...)

Season Update 2026/27

St. Neots Town

Premier Division

stneot.png

Profile - Table - Graph - Squad - Finances - Transfers - Boardroom Overview

A season which saw Man Utd not only win the double, but dethronizing Man City from several seasons of golden medals. Q.P.R is a new dominance in English footie, with their second year in top 6. Having had several upgrades to facilities, we are

finally approaching the best level (of the training facilities atleast) 28 home matches, 28 sellouts of our puny 12.500 stadium. Can't wait to eventually get a larger stadium!

Domestic cups were really great this year, with winning the League Cup 2-1 vs Man City. In the FA Cup we were runners up loosing 1-0 to Man Utd in the 91st minute.. Was a hard result, as we were dominating the game.

The first try at Champions League saw us with a great start finishing second in our group. But in the first knockout round, we lost 1-0 home to SLB and drew 0-0 away.

Arsenal decided to buy half our defense this season. Had some cheap replacements in players not resigning contracts with Real Madrid and Inter and splashed 20.5 mill on a young player from Man Utd, who agreed to sign on a too expensive

contract, but I have faith in him!

Players worth mentioning:

Karl Donald - Our 20.5mill signing from Man Utd. Had an encouraging first season, when thinking of his age.

Pereira - Had another amazing season. clearly our rock in defense.

Nathaniel Douglas - Didnt play as well as i had hoped, but he is still young.

Eduardo Velazquez - New signing from Cerro Porteno, Paraguay. Amazing stats, and am sure at 6.5mill is a bargain.

Pat Miller - Is still our best player. 39 goals in 45 app.

Dave Bonifacio - Doesn't have the class of our main attackers, but he will get there.

And finally - my future midfielders - Andreas Korbos (free player from Stuttgart) and Christos Dourekas (3.8mil from Olympiakos) such brilliant stats at their age!

Finishing the season in 6th position is acceptable, but really had hoped to play in Champions League next season as well. But we will have to settle for the Euro. Finances will have to improve over the next two seasons, to make sure we can purchase a new stadium! Unless I loose some key players, we have a young strong squad, which can only improve in the same period.

Season	League	Position Achievements
2013/14	BSN	4th	 Qual. through playoffs	
2014/15	BSP	17th	 None
2015/16	BSP	1st	 Winner
2016/17	L2	18th	 None
2017/18 L2	2nd	 Promoted, FA 6th rnd
2018/19	L1	13th	 JPT Runner-up
2019/20 L1	2nd	 Promoted
2020/21	CH	7th	 None
2021/22 CH	8th	 None
2022/23	CH	1st	 CH Winner
2023/24	PRM	11th	 League Cup Semi Final
2024/25 PRM	6th	 FA Cup Semi Final
2025/26	PRM	4th	 EURO Semi Final
2026/27	PRM	6th	 LC Winner, FA Cup Runner Up

U6Igr.jpg?1

4ndyMUFC - AFC Fylde - npower Championship - 2020/21 - Season 7

Squad -Transfers 1 2 - POY - Table - Graph - Finances - Manager Profile

A good 1st season at this level with us starting off in cracking form with us being in the top 4 till christmas time then with the fixtures coming thick and fast we started the inevitable slide down the league dropping to a lowest position for the whole season of 13th before some good results started coming again from febuary onwards. But because of the points lost over december january period even with this run of good results is was only enough to get us back to 10th by seasons end as had got a little adrift of the top teams, which for our 1st season at this level is very acceptable as we were tipped by everyone to go straight back down to League 1.

On the team front with us being in the Championship the board allowed scouting of europe were my scouts have found a couple of young gems that have been playing well since signing on frees in the transfer windows, the best of the bunch being the Player of the Year winner Paul an Schijndel who made 38 + 1sub appearances for us with an average rating of 7.40 along with over 350 interceptions several of those key ones was a rock at the heart of our defence and at only 21 years old has many season to come in the 1st team with stats like that and just hope his attributes increase nicely to make him a force when we gain promotion to the Barclays Premier League. Alos this close season has seen me find a few young Spanish gems who were available on frees so team is becoming a bit of a european union squad, just hope they alll gel ready for the new season as they are better then several of current 1st team squad and after last seasons good performence i would like to kick on and make at least the playoffs this season.

On another note as posted yesterday about the good AML that i found who is just as good as current 1st choice on slightly less wages and is 6 years younger it turns out, I managed too sign him and have sold old 1st choice for full value of £425,000 as already had a decent 2nd choice that is on pittance of a wage so mad sense to sell high paid player for full price as over the 3 years left on his contract i will save £46,000 on wages plus the £425,000 all in one payment upfront means that the club have found it fit to invest and build our own Youth Facilities as we have been paying to use another clubs facilities, which will hopefully when the new facilities open at start season will help our youngsters progress more and also in in 2 years time the grade of youngsters found and trial time in march will also start to increase a shte youngsters we have had so far would struggle to make our old Blue Square North team from 7 years ago let alone a good Championship side we have become

Plans for next season:-

1) Improve 1st team to compete at this level consistently

2) Reach Playoffs at minimum after last season good finish

3) Now youth facilities being build try to establish a good youth setup and caoching team to try and bring through some local talent

4) Have a good cup run especially Capital One Cup as never get past either 1st or 2nd round depending on when team is first drawn in the competition, also try to get a decent draw away to a top 6 premier league team in FA Cup to increase bank balance

5) if second part of number 4 is achieved get the board to upgrade 1st team facilities at end of season if finances are at a suitable level

Season      Division              Pos     Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14     Blue Square North     4th     Promoted via Playoffs, FA Trophy 1st Round
2014/15     Blue Square Prem     11th     FA Cup 3rd Round, FA Trophy 1st Round           
2015/16     Blue Square Prem      1st     League Champions, FA Cup 3rd Round, FA Trophy 1st Round
2016/17     npower League 2      18th     Capital One Cup 2nd Round, JPT North 1st Round, FA Cup 2nd Round
2017/18     npower League 2       7th     Promoted via Playoffs, Capital One Cup 1st Round, JPT North 1st Round, FA Cup 4th Round                                              
2018/19     npower League 1      16th     Capital One Cup 1st Round, FA Cup 1st Round, JPT North 2nd Round                            
2019/20     npower League 1       5th     Promoted via Playoffs, Capital One Cup 2nd Round, JPT North 2nd Round, FA Cup 4th Round
[font=&amp]2020/21     npower Championship  10th     Capital One Cup 2nd Round, FA Cup 3rd Round[/font]

How are the finances/your club rep? I got through my takeover but we had good finances and I was an icon.

Also I hope it's a tycoon, a money boost could really help get you up the leagues :)

Edit: Just played the first leg of my champions league best placed match. Away to Marseille, I won 6-0. Somewhat of a commanding lead for the return leg. Even better was that it was a mix of my 2nd and 3rd string due to injuries piling up a bit (yes, injuries 1 game into the season...)

My finances are reasonably good (£300k in profit), however I do have a company voluntary arrangement and two director loans.

Looks like it is going to be a local businessman taking over before I shut down last night. The club have enforced a ban on new transfers as the takover is imminent

My finances are reasonably good (£300k in profit), however I do have a company voluntary arrangement and two director loans.

Looks like it is going to be a local businessman taking over before I shut down last night. The club have enforced a ban on new transfers as the takover is imminent

Hope it goes well! My embargo was right at the start of the transfer window, was a royal pain.

Thanks mate

Might not have much time to play tonight as going to Stoke vs Newcastle, will try get the takeover completed though.

Oh god, I forgot that was on. Not looking forward to it, Newcastle are missing so many players. And we're playing horrifically.

Edit: Just celebrated my 500th game in charge with a crushing 6-0 win.

FC United Season 2013/14 Review

BSS

Squad

This will be a quick update, was a solid but unspectacular season. Never really in danger of going dow or going up (at one stage we were 3 points off the play offs bu never really got close) most of our problems came from the fact I couldn't settle on a starting XI or a formation. We also defended rather poorly against the top teams, but clicked now and again to hand out a few 4-0s. We managed to get to the first round of the FA Cup before being knocked out by League Two Southend, FA Trophy was rubbish for us
:D

Going to rip up and start again my tactics for next season, not going to offer a new contract to any player as none really stood out this season

Aims For Next Season

Be better!!

BadgeKettering_Town.png

Kettering Town FC

2016-17 Season Summary

nPower League 2 - 4th Place (80 points) Promoted via Playoff

FA Cup - Lost to Hartlepool in the FA Cup 3rd Round

Capital One Cup -Lost to Tranmere in the 1st Round

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Lost to Swindown in the Quarter Final

Top Goal Scorer -Phil Airey - 23 goals

Top Player Rating - Jamie Griffiths - 7.50

Manager Awards & Achievements - nPower League 2 Manager of the Year!

Major Player Awards & Achievements - None.

Season Commentary: Promotion in just my first season in League 2! What more can you ask for considering I was pegged for dead last by the media? The team played great all year and there were really very few ups and down throughout the season. In years past I have gone through long spells of great and poor form, this year was a much more consistent effort. In the playoff I defeated defeated Oxford easily to get to the final and I beat Exeter 2-0 on goals form Phil Airey and Jamie Griffiths. Airey scored in the 80th minute to make it 2-0 and ensure victory and promotion, and this was ironically the last goal he will ever score for us. The club icon had wage demands that I could not meet, and much to the dismay of the board and the fans he is leaving the club. Off the field the highlight of the year was the £1.6 million pound profit the club made. £425,000 was provided by the new ownership group, and the rest was profit from the good cup runs and fantastic attendance numbers I had. I am very happy with the financial situation the club is in right now!

Tactics

Narrow 4-1-2-1-2 - I have used this tactic every year in my career, and this year I used it exclusively. It continues to provide great results and I have no plans to change.

Table

Squad

Finances

Transfers

Spotlight Players

Jamie Griffiths - Jamie continues to shine every year as my best player. His performances have been amazing considering he has relatively weak attributes.

Ryan Noble

Phil Airey - Another great year, in what will be his last with Kettering. The club cannot afford his high wage demands and we have no choice but to let him go. I tried desperately all year to sign or sell him, but had no luck.

Dani Lopez - 21 goals and 20 assists. A fantastic season for Dani!

Louis Laing - A signing from 2 seasons ago was a complete flop in his 1st season at Kettering. This year was a totally different story however. Paired with Sean McGinty, the two of them provided top class defending all season long.

Sean McGinty - A new signing came in a immediately made significant contributions.

Young Talent

Sam Morgan

Chris Williams - The highly rated young keeper spent the season on loan at Hayes & Yeading and put up very solid numbers. My staff has said he "improved remarkably" in the past season.

Darren Bartley

Mitchell Everson - 4 star rated potential striker.

Forward Looking Strategy

On to league 1! The first order of business is to replace Phil Airey. I have chosen to sign Jake Sinclair, who is the brother of Scott Sinclair. He has great attributes but has never scored goals consistently in his career.

The club in general is looking very strong heading into League 1, and I fully expect to challenge for promotion again. I have chosen the board goal of avoid relegation, and have been given an amazing transfer budget of $550k and a wage budget of $42k. I have plans to bring 4-6 new players into the club.

2015-16 Goal - Challenge for promotion.

Season     Position     Division                   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14     1st        Blue Square N            League Winners
2014/15     12th       Blue Square Premier      12th Place
2015/16     3rd        Blue Square Premier     3rd Place (promoted via playoff)
2015/16     4th        nPower League 2         4th Place (promoted via playoff)

After my board allowed me to scout anywhere in Europe I've gone a bit crazy on foreign imports. I'm ok with the squad registration, but I sometimes have to leave the odd sub or two out of the match day squad.

Does anyone know if the match day squad rules apply in the Premier League?

Ashton United

The Robins!

ClubLogo.jpg

2019-20 - Barclays Premier League

Ahh, the sweet smell of the Premier League gravy train. :) Our first season in the top flight produced the season I was expecting in Leagues 2 to Champtionship, a battle in the lower end of the table without serious threat of relegation. The only things that I didn't like was our annual trip to Wembley.

I never thought I'd see Premier League football at Hurst Cross as I expected a new stadium to be built, which it is, but I thought we'd play at a different ground whilst new one is being built. But alas, we had to have a capacity 6750 crowd for every home game. Hopefully the new stadium which will start with 13k capacity will be extendable as we grow.

League Table | Progress Chart

We reached the 3rd round of the Capital One Cup. In the 2nd round we beat Preston 4-0 at Hurst Cross before loosing 1-3 to Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium

Our run in The FA Cup started in the third round stage with a 4-0 win against Brighton, which we followed with a 0-1 win away at Stoke before disappointingly loosing to Ipswich 0-2 at home.

Finances | Transfers | 1st Team Squad

Key Players

Anthony Brazil One our two center halfs who both played very well.

Robin Testroet The other of our two center halfs. Both did brilliantly and highlighted the weeknesses of our full backs. Only down side is thier lack of pace.

Lucas Morales Our replacement for Anderson Lewis. A good showing from the Argentine youngster. A few areas he can improve on but looks like a decent prospect and I've high hopes for him.

Most of the team played well but these three stood out for me with special mention of our keeper James Schooley who at times kept teams at bay by himself but was exposed to be very weak at 1v1's.

Our old stadium went out with Premier League football and over the summer our new Stadium will open and welcome Premier League football next season.

Our chairman, Lee Bridge, finally sold up and in came Miles Phillips...and nothing changed. No new investment or anything, just same old same old. Which I suppose is a good thing.

History

Season          League                         League Finish     Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14         Blue Square North              2nd               Promoted via Playoffs 
2014/15         Blue Square Premier            15th              Survival
2015/16         Blue Square Premier            5th               Promoted via Playoffs
2016/17         Npower League Two              4th               Promoted via Playoffs
2017/18         Npower League One              4th               Promoted via Playoffs
2018/19         Npower Championsip             3rd               Promoted via Playoffs
2019/20         Barclays Premier League        14th              Survival

Superb. My only problem now is that I'm not in the Premier League :D

You're not far off, no doubt you'll soon be kicking it about with the elite.

Yea, I missed the playoff trips to Wembley. Thought I could do it in the FA Cup as some of the big names had also gone out...but for the Tractor boys cutting down our ambitions

Archived