dafuge's FM13 challenge

Unfortunately, I have messed up my computer royally, deleting everything, so I have had to start over. I have started as Banbury Town. Cannot get a screenie right now, as apparently the "Users" folder doesn't exist on my computer, even though when I specifically search for my Banbury save, it shows up and is there. If I manually try to get to that folder using C:, Users, etc, it doesn't show up, however. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, PLEASE let me know. :)

You could try entering the following path into the search bar in the start menu: C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\

The %username% will be interpreted and translated by windows to your username and thus should open the folder where your FM13 stuff is saved.

The other option will be to modify the "folder and search options" from the browser window and tick the "show all folders" option.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished 15th in first season, went on a ridiculously bad run of form towards the end of the season, otherwise I could have finished comfortably mid-table. My team is very young though and I've made what I think are some good signings. Just need some players to bump up the numbers in certain positions and I should be good to go for a crack at the play offs.

Just couldn't get going with Stafford so gone with FC United.

Manager Profile

And a taste of a few of my transfers so far.

Brad Jones - GK sorted for a few years then :lol:

Joe McKee - A player I've not managed to sign for the last few dafuge challenges which I've really wanted. Expect a few FK goals :D

Akinfenwa - Just a beast :lol:

Gone for a different appoach with my signings which may leave me short of numbers by not waiting to pay less and being able to pick up younger and better players later on as they become interest but got a few very good players. Question have got to be asked how I can get players like Brad Jones on a £450 No clauses part time contract in the BSN.

Stafford Rangers 2023/24 Dirty Update

I was so focused on developing my youth that I took far too many chances this season. The single biggest focus we have now is to get the cash balance situation ironed out so that we can generate a goodly profit every season. So firstly I took too many youth in..I reckon 5 more than I needed and secondly we had little or no consistency. We blew a sixth point lead at the top of the table, got kicked out of the European Cup by Man City in the Quarter-finals, they nicked the FA Cup from us in the Final as well. We have some really good youth players but i reckon i need to let as many as 10 go this season. We will keep only the best and sell the rest.

The previous season was our main highlight, semis of the Champions league, finals of FA Cup and League Cup and the premier league title.. We were undefeated in the league all season. This season was a different story, well fourth still puts us in the ECC. We need to do some massive clearing of the club. We're too bloated with journeymen.

Year Achievement Stage

2023/24 4th, League Cup Winners Premier League

2022/23 Champions Premier League

2021/22 Champions,FA Cup Winners, Premier League

2022/23 Champions, Premier League

2019/20 8th, Premier League

2018/19 13th, Premier League

2017/18 Champions, Championship

2016/17 Champions, League1

2015/16 2nd League 2

2014/15 Champions, BSP

2013/14 Champions, BSN

In preseason now and have been wheeling and dealing in the transfer market, globally reputation of club at no 10.:

a. Keeper bought at 3 million sold at 8 million

b. AMC bought at 5 million sold at 13 million

c. MR bought at 5 million sold at 20 million

d. Reserve keeper free transfer sold at 5 million

Still trying to clear off other players..managed to bring in one striker and another midfielder for like 5m in total

Manager Profile

Joe McKee - A player I've not managed to sign for the last few dafuge challenges which I've really wanted. Expect a few FK goals :D

Gone for a different appoach with my signings which may leave me short of numbers by not waiting to pay less and being able to pick up younger and better players later on as they become interest but got a few very good players. Question have got to be asked how I can get players like Brad Jones on a £450 No clauses part time contract in the BSN.

Joe McKee is great for that low down in the league. He was banging them in for me in League 1. Incredible that you got him and Jones in the BSN

Manager Profile

a true welsh wizard, promotion looks like formality...

You could try entering the following path into the search bar in the start menu: C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\

The %username% will be interpreted and translated by windows to your username and thus should open the folder where your FM13 stuff is saved.

The other option will be to modify the "folder and search options" from the browser window and tick the "show all folders" option.

Tried this BlackDevil, thanks for the input, but it didn't work. Can you explain the 2nd option with folder and search options? Thanks!

Hendon

The Greens!

crest.png

2013-14 - Blue Square Bet South

League

The most inconsistent season of FM I've ever had ended with promotion. 30+ players were brought in and around 30 were shown the door this first season as I suffered early on from Hendon's low reputation. The quality of the team in general was poor throughout but the amount of times they found a lucky goal to win games was unbelievable. The defence was mostly terrible and the goalkeeper performed as if he had no hands but somehow on the last day of the season we made it into the play offs. Chelmsford were the opposition and they were dispatched 2-1 on aggregate over the two legs. Then came Havant & Waterlooville who dominated us in the final but Hendon rode their luck and prevailed 1-0 winners.

League Table | Play-Off Final | Squad | Transfers

FA Cup and FA Trophy

Knocked out by Eastbourne Boro in 1st round in both competitions.

Top Players

Jordan Ivey-Ward - Top scorer, scored play off winner but unsure whether he can handle the step up to BSP

Nick Davis - Almost ever present club captain rock at the back

Next Season Objectives

- Build a new team as currently they're all out of contract and/or rubbish

- Try and get a cup run

- Survive

History

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14         Blue Square South     5th               Promoted via Play offs 

Madness from the board means a new £4.2m stadium to be opened at the end of next season with a 6048 capacity, which has meant the board backing me with a transfer budget of £0 and a wage budget of just £3.5k.

Tried this BlackDevil, thanks for the input, but it didn't work. Can you explain the 2nd option with folder and search options? Thanks!

I've created a screenshot to demonstrate what I was referring to, hopefully it'll help.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r237/blackdevil_photo/Misc/folderviewhelp_zpsb2560ca0.png

Also it may be worth checking where you've saved your FM files as shown in the next image. This shows the screen for picking a game to load and then expanding the "location" button.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r237/blackdevil_photo/Misc/folderviewhelp2_zpse1a7a252.png

Im loving my season ticket price

also, i got a bit excited because: you know when you go to steam in-game (shift+tab) there's a window with achievements, showing also achievements im close to obtain. Last 2 seasons i had "overachiever" and i did get it eventually in 2nd season, cause in first one i was beat to it by Worksop. Anyway, now it shows me "survive takeover"... possible takeover than? can i check this somehow?

@Hashassin. Them season tickets are ridiculous. Would love to have that

15 games in, won 3 lost 12.

Only 3 players in the team have any talent worthy of the BSP, most are decent players for the BSS or good players for the regional leagues. Can't sign anyone due to money and reputation so survival is the goal this season I think.

lol... 1st september and Kettering already out of Capital Cup and JP Trophy... both matches at home, in CC lost to Posh, just like Becks... and in JPT, lost to high-flying Brentford... from the "glass is half-full" point of view, i can now focus on league, cause promotion will be very tough to get, i neither signed nor loaned no-one outstanding...

I'm just throwing it out there, how do you guys feel an all out attack team with a high line 3 atb (+ sweeper keeper), slightly defensive wingers, 2 cms, and 3 attackers, kind of a 3-4-3 would cope? I'm thinking of developing it over the next few years at Fylde with a new crop of players coming in and I want a new tactic; not sure if that one is suicide though

6289_leamington_football_club.jpg

Not posted an update for a while

I have played 3 season since the last update

I got to the final of the Europa League, losing to Juventus 1-0

I have finally finished in the top 4, finishing 4th in my last season, so can now look forward to the Champions League

I am seriously struggling to get anywhere near the top 3 clubs which always include the two Manchester clubs

I have 3 wonderkids in my side but can't seem to beat the top sides

Very very frustrating at the moment

Might need another change of tactics/system

My facilities are now getting better, but still need improvemnts into the youth setup. Selling out the ground most weeks with a capacity of 41,179

Leamington Spa

Season        League      POS        FA CUP     LGE CUP    EUROPA

2013-14        BSN        19th        1st         
2014-15        BSN        14th        QUAL      
2015-16        BSN        16th        1st
2016-17        BSN        19th        QUAL
2017-18        BSN        14th        QUAL
2018-19        BSN        7th         QUAL
2019-20        BSN        9th         QUAL 
2020-21        BSN        17th        QUAL
2021-22        BSN        11th        QUAL
2022-23        BSN        1st         1st
2023-24        BSP        19th        1st
2024-25        BSP        19th        3rd
2025-26        BSP        17th        1st
2026-27        BSP        12th        1st
2027-28        BSP        17th        4th
2028-29        BSP        9th         2nd
2029-30        BSP        4th         2nd
2030-31        BSP        4th         1st
2031-32        BSP        8th         2nd
2032-33        BSP        1st         QUAL
2033-34        L2         1st         1st         1st
2034-35        L1         5th         5th         1st
2035-36        CH         18th        3rd         1st
2036-37        CH         7th         SEMI        2nd
2037-38        CH         4th         6th         2nd
2038-39        CH         1st         WINNERS     4th      
2039-40        PL         16th        4th         3rd      GROUP
2040-41        PL         6th         3rd         3rd
2041-42        PL         13th        3rd         3rd      1st KO
2042-43        PL         8th         3rd         3rd    
2043-44        PL         5th         3rd         2nd
2044-45        PL         12th        3rd         3rd      QUARTERS
2045-46        PL         6th         6th         4th      
2046-47        PL         7th         4th         3rd      FINAL
2047-48        PL         9th         5th         4th      QUARTERS 
2048-49        PL         4th         3rd         3rd 

So quick question, I started one with Marine a couple weeks ago but lost interest in the FMC version and I am looking to start again, I have an English league extension that I want to play with is it possible I could start with a team in the lower leagues (lower than BSN/S) and post them on here trying the same challenge? I will still holiday the first season to see who gets promoted where.

That's it for me I think, I keep Hendon in the BSP as well as taking them to the FA Cup 4th round and they give me a wage budget of 3.3k a week despite there being over 300k in the bank. I've lost all my players bar 5 or 6 and there's no players who would consider joining with the wages I'm offering :(

I'm so bad in the cup :( Lost in 3rd Qualifying round of the FA Cup and in the first round of the FA Trophy. Not good at all with our finances going down the pan. Not sure how helpful promotion would be as we're nowhere near ready for BSP and there's no way I'll be getting a good budget.

Ok, think i'm gonna give this a shot and see how it goes. chose to start as Kettering Town.

my game screenshot: http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y434/darren_turner3/Darren_TheTaff_Turner_OverviewHome_zps83435c8f.png

My current game date is 28 OCT 2013 and time for my 1st update, it was certainly a busy pre-season for transfers with a total of 19 players leaving and 14 arriving.

after some thought i decided to go for an extremely attacking formation which i've had success with during previous saved games, it's based on juve's 3-5-2 with some tinkering in order to accomodate players i have available. i realise it's a risky strategy, especially for a newly promoted side, but it allows me 2 play attractive attacking football, while also using least amount of different positions, for example, take a basic 4-4-2, this uses a GK, DR. DC, DL, MR, MC. ML and ST (8 different positions to fill and provide cover for) a 3-5-2 uses GK, DC, MR, MC, ML and ST. (havent included a DMC as i find a ball winning MC to be just as effective) meaning you can provide same amount of cover using fewer players, a big advantage when working with such small budgets.

So as we approach 1st friendly matches my team looks like this. (fast forward a bit)

Initial Results and performances are not what i was hoping for, and it's clear from watching games that the squad aren't handling the use of such an attacking formation, despite this, i decide to stick with it for a while, in the hope things would improve after a few games, but after 7 matches my results look like this leaving me 22nd in league.

Time for a re-think, but having already played 7 games, i atleast had a general idea of my teams main strengths and weaknesses, and so back to drawing board and "open tactics creator", i created a tactic that i thought would provide back up in areas it was needed. While also, still looking make use of teams strengths.

i decided on this.

Immediately the team looked more solid defensively and kept posession a lot better, results began to improve and 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss in next 4 games meant although we were still lying in 19th goin into october, morale and performances were improving every game.

Amazingly, october saw us play 5 games, winning all 5 and scoring a total of 17 goals, conceding just 4 in the process, this purple patch was enough to propel me up to 6th in league and which also takes me up to current game date of 28 OCT.

there's plenty to be happy about at the moment, but as i look ahead to november there's a different type of challenge to overcome as there's a total of 7 games to be played, fitness will definately become an issue.

HERE GOES!!

Canvey Island - Blue Square South - Season 1

A few days ago I decided to take this challenge again. I completed it last year with St. Albans, but didn't posted it here. This time I've taken Canvey Island. I decided to play the first season before I would post my profile here, so I was sure, that I wouldn't lose interest in the save after 10 games.

The new manager for Canvey Island is Kasper Jensen

Before the last game of the season I wasn't secured a playoff spot. The table was pretty close

My guys did what they had to and i won 4-0 over Whitehawk. This was enough to finish second

This was the first time the entire season that I was in the top two

In the playoff semi final I was up against Welling. In the regular season i lost 1-0 and drawed 2-2 against them, so this was going to be a though one. The first game ended with a draw. The second game ended with a 2-0 win, which meant we were in the final. In the final we were facing Havant & Waterlooville, which again was a team we lost and drawed to in the regular season. We won the final 1-0 after extra time!

Here's the squad who did it. The transfers.

My best players were:

Rickie Hayles - A rock in the back

Daryn Hennessy - Did well as an AMC

Piers Wixon - Topscorer. Was at the club when i took over. Wasn't in my plans, but he did well so got the chance for the rest of the season.

Hendon

The Greens!

crest.png

2014-15 - Blue Square Bet Premier

League

The team was poor throughout the season in the league but managed to avoid relegation with a run of 10 games unbeaten at the end of the season.

League Table | Transfers

FA Trophy

Poor performance led to a 1st round loss to Tonbridge Angels

FA Cup

The cup was the highlight of the season for Hendon. It began with a 2-0 win over Wealdstone our only rivals in the 4th qualifying round. Then came League 2's Southend United who were dispatched 5-4 with 89th and 91st minute goals. Accrington were next who were destroyed 4-1 at home. The 3rd round then pitted us against Leeds United at Elland Road. The best performance of the season meant going into injury time we were level at 2-2 before we got a 90th minute winner. In the 4th round we were finally sent packing by Huddersfield in a 2-0 defeat away from home.

Overall an amazing run but pretty disappointed that none of the games were on TV or were against Premier League opposition.

Top Players

Yado Mambo - Rock solid centre back, transformed the defence

Jordan Bowen - Midfield ball carrier had a great season

Chike Kandi - Top scorer with 21 goals signed from Chelsea on a free, but wouldn't sign new contract :(

Youth

Chiemala Tutu - Liberian youngster who already looks decent who has the potential to be a leading League 2 Attacking Midfielder. Will be used a lot this season due to having a small squad.

Last Seasons Objectives

- Build a new team as currently they're all out of contract and/or rubbish = COMPLETED

- Try and get a cup run = COMPLETED

- Survive = COMPLETED

Next Seasons Objectives

- Top half finish

- Turn professional

History

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
2013/14         Blue Square South     5th               Promoted via Play offs
2014/15         Blue Square Premier   20th              FA Cup 4th Round   

We've reloacted to the new 6048 capacity Hendon stadium and I've been rewarded with budget of £0 and a wage buget of £3.3k a week. This is despite there being £320k in the bank. Chairman loves the club as well so looks like I'm stuck with Scrooge for now.

Started the new season with 13 players and won the first 2 games. Hoping a few transfer targets will sign soon or I'm screwed.

Ok' date=' think i'm gonna give this a shot and see how it goes. chose to start as Kettering Town.

my game screenshot: [url']http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y434/darren_turner3/FirstDafugechallenge_zpsd72e7282.png[/url]

good luck to my fellow poppies manager...

misc: in june 2015 i asked my board to upgrade training facilities, and they surprisingly agreed. They valued operation at 950k, quick look when its finished - 4th October, alright! but i'm getting close to November now and i remembered that i had facilities upgraded, taking a quick look again - no change... dafuq? look in the boardroom... planned finish of upgrade - 4th October... 2017... TWO YEARS? is this a joke? i remember having upgrades few months, not years...

quick new year update. To my surprise, we're still goin strong in League 2

I have to say that Appiah is still unquestionably my 1st striker - 14gls in 21 matches...

Those are my transfers so far, i still have around 4k wages budget free. But i have to admit, some players from loan in Ligue 1 are delightful, and definitely would make my job easier, thats why i understand better now the "scouting rule"...

Cullen, who was on 2,7k a week has been disappointing and i let him go for free now to luton (which is not on the screen, that happened day later)

from other news, Olympus should soon see this lad moving in

Ashton United

The Robins!

ClubLogo.jpg

2026-27 - Barclays Premier League

This season we cleaned up the lot. The league was easy and nearest challengers Man City finished a distant second. The Capital One cup and FA Cup were negotiated with ease. The Champtions league was a bit more difficult with our biggest test coming in the quarter final with Bayern Munich.

League Table | Progress Chart

Capital One Cup - Easy culminating with a win over Man Utd.

The FA Cup - Easy culminating with a win over Man City.

Champions League - The only competition we suffered defeats in but won the final via penalties against Man City. Our 4th European crown meaning just one more to equal Real Madrid's record of 5 in a row.

World Club Cup More like a mid season tour than a competition.

Great performance all round with the younger members of the squad showing their progress.

Finances | Transfers | 1st Team Squad

Key Players

Sergio Nadiradze Another outstanding season and our leading goalscorer. Also claimed the FIFA Ballon d'Or and World Player of the year awards.

Henrique Our creator from the left wing.

Peter Rog Our 40m replacement for Will Hughes and our 2nd highest goalscorer.

Terry Matthius Our leader and rock at the back.

History

Season          League                         League Finish     Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14         Blue Square North              2nd               Promoted via Playoffs 
2014/15         Blue Square Premier            15th              Survival
2015/16         Blue Square Premier            5th               Promoted via Playoffs
2016/17         Npower League Two              4th               Promoted via Playoffs
2017/18         Npower League One              4th               Promoted via Playoffs, FA Cup Finalists
2018/19         Npower Championsip             3rd               Promoted via Playoffs
2019/20         Barclays Premier League        14th              Survival
2020/21         Barclays Premier League        11th
2021/22         Barclays Premier League        5th               FA Cup Finalists
2022/23         Barclays Premier League        1st               League Champions, FA Cup Finalists
2023/24         Barclays Premier League        1st               League Champions, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners
2024/25         Barclays Premier League        1st               League Champions, Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners, European Super Cup Winners, World Club Cup Winners
2025/26         Barclays Premier League        1st               League Champions, Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners, European Super Cup Winners, World Club Cup Winners
2026/27         Barclays Premier League        1st               League Champions, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners, European Super Cup Winners, World Club Cup Winners

International Management

At the end of last season (summer of 2026) I led Algeria into the FIFA World Cup and reached the 2nd round. A good tournament given the group we were in.

2026 Fixtures

Following an easy qualification we arrived at the 2027 African Cup of Nations. It was tough as many of the teams are fairly even but we battled hard and came away with the trophy. My first ever CM/FM trophy at International level.

2027 Fixtures

Following the African Cup of Nations win I resigned as manager of Algeria.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2039/40

Last season we had our first year as a squad entirely made up of youth products and we did really well. As the squad gets older I'm hoping we can improve and push for the title once again.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We gave Man City a run for the title, but as the fixtures piled up we struggled. We managed to hold on to 2nd place, but only just.

Capital One Cup - a terrible draw for us as we crashed at the first hurdle.

FA Cup - the draws came out in our favour as we met just one top flight side on our way to the final. The final was a thriller as we dragged it into extra time with two late goals, then grabbed a winner with just a few minutes left.

UEFA Champions League - we had a couple of crazy matches in the knockout rounds, but we somehow found ourselves in the final. Unfortunately Inter did to us what what we had done to Man Utd in the FA Cup final as we lost it in the last minute.

Squad - I signed up three new youth players, but none of them are likely to make the first team. There's no doubt that we've got the quality coming through, but the quantity means it is likely to take a few more years until we have got a squad capable of challenging for multiple titles.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - another great season, despite missing two months through injury.

Léopold Agbodossinji - solid once again, he really is World class.

Neil Duxbury - he stood in for Mulready and impressed.

Ian Penney - the veteran of the squad.

Gej Perry - DC is my weakest position, but he had a good season.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th
2024/25   npower Championship      1st         Promoted as champions
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  6th         FA Cup finalists
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  4th         Europa League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  4th         
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League finalists
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  3rd         
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists

Next Season

I'm delighted with this season as we made progress in every major competition. I don't think we will catch Man City next season but it would be good to close the gap.

Euro 2040 with England is coming up now.

KETTERING TOWN

2015/2016 - npower league 2

1313591030Kettering%20Town%20badge.jpg aka 668_zpsadd3b422.png

Manager Profile | Finances | Squad | Transfers

League Table | Position Graph

Fixtures 1 , 2 , 3

Key Players

Aidan Grant - my star GK, as you can see, great stats... unfortunately, he decided its time for him to call it a day in Kettering shirt, and got sold to Birmingham for pitiful 600k£... ok, i got 400k from this to spend, but i doubt i will be able to find equally good replacement

Kwesi Appiah - well, he pulled my team to L1, but i have doubts whether he will be able to carry on, so im thinking about cashing in on him, and loaning maybe a good striker...

Cian Bolger - rock in defence, signing him permanently after the season...

Aims For Next Season

Promotion and a cup run! I firmly believe my team will be able to fight for promotion in League 1, but i would love to have a cup run now, cause i should have avg att above 5000, and cup games can give me nice profit. I would love to win JPT.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    1st         FA Cup 3rd rnd, FAT 1st rnd
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Fa Cup 3rd rnd, FAT 1st rnd
2015/16   npower League 2          1st         Fa Cup 2nd rnd, CC 1st rnd, JPT 1st rnd

Next Season

Season of ups and downs, but ultimately ended good. facilities upgrade been speed up by a year, so now i'm looking at the end of september 2016 for the finish. But that made my last season end on over 300k below the line (900k cost of upgrades). I signed Bolger and Lokko, one more defender is coming in as well. But most important will be to find myself a goalie, but im thinking about loaning one for a season, and then go buy a good keeper next season when/if ill get to Championship. Also im not sure about Appiah future in the club, but judging on past experience, he will start as a reserve striker, but he will impress me again, and will be main threat in my team again :p Plus, my chairman for 2 months already has "Will listen to offers", and survive takeover appeared again in "so close" so hopefully there will be some sheik, or Bill Gates willing to buy my club.... :D

Slowly getting my Banbury game going in preseason and should be getting through a season over the next few days/weeks.

I always like a good story, though, and figured I'd share one with you guys. I am from England but moved out to the US when I was younger, and currently am a coach at various levels out here including club, high school, and college. The college I coach at is an all-girls school, and they introduced the premise of sports classes this year in an effort to make the campus as a whole more healthy. One of the classes is Soccer 101, and I was asked to teach it. The basic idea is to get the girls out there actually playing, but of course I felt it was necessary to do a bit of background on the sport first, as about half my class is girls from the team, a quarter girls from other sports teams, and a quarter are about as athletic as a brick wall.

So, after a few weeks of doing basic background and information, last week I assigned each of them a position on the field that they had to do research on, including quality real life players of the current time, and the attributes you would look for in a successful player in this position. What better way, I thought, to test them on their knowledge and understanding, then to print off some of the best players from this thread, and give them to the girls and ask them based on the players attributes what position they think they play. Of course, I covered up the player position and any other information outside of the attributes which might help them, but on Tuesday we shall see how good these girls are at judging FM player gold! Thanks to Dafuge, Swinburn, and a few others, who unknowingly provided me with these top quality players, hope it's alright I borrowed them for this "assignment."

I'll update with how they did if anyone is interested.

Aims For Next Season

Promotion and a cup run! I firmly believe my team will be able to fight for promotion in League 1, but i would love to have a cup run now, cause i should have avg att above 5000, and cup games can give me nice profit. I would love to win JPT.

Plus, my chairman for 2 months already has "Will listen to offers", and survive takeover appeared again in "so close" so hopefully there will be some sheik, or Bill Gates willing to buy my club.... :D

Capital Cup out 1st rnd at home vs Aston Villa 1-4, Johnstone Paint out at Ipswich lost on penalties...

and of course there was even nothing mentioned in the news about possible takeover... and my team isnt playing well at the moment (because of patch maybe? :p ), so overall its great... i think i will have to establish myself in league 1 this season and than go for championship next...

Stafford - Champions of Europe FINALLY! Season 2025/26

Finally in our 3rd consecutive attempt in the champions league we are finally champions of Europe..had a whole list of achievements nicely done, but nothing came out right

Our 5-1 demolition of Manchester City in the European Cup, time for us to enjoy our just rewards

[video=youtube;-oXnp8mXxn8]

Lee bloody Hendrie just scored a 30 yard volley against me ffs :D Luckily it was in the 90th minute when I was already 3-1 up but it made the last minute or two nervier than it should have been (absolutely battered Solihull Moors in the game.)

Anyway, table here with 7 games left http://i.imgur.com/1qlvs9n.jpg Have Tamworth coming up some time, plus they've got Stalybridge as well as a couple other potential banana skins. Could be very, very tight for top spot. Highly doubt I'll get it, my squad is insanely thin and not that great. We're punching above our weight as it is.

6289_leamington_football_club.jpg

Two very poor performances in the league last two seasons, finishing 8th both times. As I said in an post last week, I have had to change to a new formation as I as not improving, my current season I have gone to a defuault 4-4-2 with no changes to the sliders etc. I doing better, don't want to tempt fate, should have a further update at the end of the week/weekend. I haven't updated to the latest patch yet.

I am currently losing between £3m - £5m a month again which is becoming a real problem. My wage budget is £1.2m and I am spending £975k

I had my stadium expanded again pre season, so now have a capacity of 51,363 which I am filling most weeks

I am bugging my board to improve the facilities and slowly I am getting there, with Top Youth Facilities and Youth Setup 1 (I assume that is the best it can be???)

Leamington Spa

Season        League      POS        FA CUP     LGE CUP     EUROPA       CL

2013-14        BSN        19th        1st         
2014-15        BSN        14th        QUAL      
2015-16        BSN        16th        1st
2016-17        BSN        19th        QUAL
2017-18        BSN        14th        QUAL
2018-19        BSN        7th         QUAL
2019-20        BSN        9th         QUAL 
2020-21        BSN        17th        QUAL
2021-22        BSN        11th        QUAL
2022-23        BSN        1st         1st
2023-24        BSP        19th        1st
2024-25        BSP        19th        3rd
2025-26        BSP        17th        1st
2026-27        BSP        12th        1st
2027-28        BSP        17th        4th
2028-29        BSP        9th         2nd
2029-30        BSP        4th         2nd
2030-31        BSP        4th         1st
2031-32        BSP        8th         2nd
2032-33        BSP        1st         QUAL
2033-34        L2         1st         1st         1st
2034-35        L1         5th         5th         1st
2035-36        CH         18th        3rd         1st
2036-37        CH         7th         SEMI        2nd
2037-38        CH         4th         6th         2nd
2038-39        CH         1st         WINNERS     4th      
2039-40        PL         16th        4th         3rd      GROUP
2040-41        PL         6th         3rd         3rd
2041-42        PL         13th        3rd         3rd      1st KO
2042-43        PL         8th         3rd         3rd    
2043-44        PL         5th         3rd         2nd
2044-45        PL         12th        3rd         3rd      QUARTERS
2045-46        PL         6th         6th         4th      
2046-47        PL         7th         4th         3rd      FINAL
2047-48        PL         9th         5th         4th      QUARTERS 
2048-49        PL         4th         3rd         3rd
2049-50        PL         8th         FINAL       4th                  1st KO 
2050-51        PL         8th         4th         SEMI     2nd KO  	

Matlock_Town_FC_logo_zps656b0331.png

Matlock Town F.C. - Blue Square Premier - 2016/2017

The second season and i had hoped for an improvement from the first within this league, but it was all pretty much the same, wondering why i can't get a good start to the season and why the season cant carry on a little longer because i have such a good run towards the end, once again a tale of two halves.

Blue Square Premier

Once again a slow start to the season saw me hovering in the relegation zone for the early few months of the campaign. Losses and draws easy to come across but wins were alot harder. With my fortunes against me i took a bold move and tried a different formation introducing wingers into my tactic, which meant me having to go out and buy a left and right sided player to play the position. Hasty choices and poor player transfers led to me abandoning the new tactic and reverting back to my old style of play. Luckily a break finally came on the 26th November when i beat Barrow 2-0, i went onto play a further 23 leagues games and only lost 3 of them, drew 10 of them whilst winning the other 10. That left me in 14th place at the end of the season, which really shows how bad my poor early season form was.

The FA Cup only lasted two games for me this season, my money spinner ended with a lack luster performance against Leyton Orient on the 29th October. 575 fans turned out to watch me dominate in my 4th round qualifying game against Vauxhall Motors running out clear and deserved 3-0 winners, setting me up with a 1st round tie against Leyton orient at home. What i had hoped would bring in a decent gate turned out not to be true with only a small gathering of 1,249 turning up to watch us get outplayed by higher league opposition. The cup dream over early again, maybe a better run next year.

Another two game cup run but this time only against one team. Chester were the opponents and after a hard fought draw at The Causeway Lane infront of 804 fans i thought we could take them back to the Deva and give them a run for there money. It didn't prove to be the case, we offered very little going forward and seemed to only attack from mistakes that Chester made themselves. The 2-0 scoreline was a perfect reflection of how the game panned out, Chester went on to the next round and we crashed out early once again.

Transfers

As mentioned earlier in the post, i made a few of stupid signings in the shape of King, Preene and Ricketts. Other than that singings that were made genrally added more fight to the squad, two great keepers came on board in the shape of Morch and Crump. Another loanee came from up north and made a big impact with his goals late on in the campaign. No one came near being as good as Bruno Pilatos though, an absolute rock and i would go as far as saying my best signing on this save so far.

Key Players

Nathan Thomas

Came in and played 13 times for the club, scoring a total of 6 goals in that period. Seems that players are more willing to come on loan towards the end of the season instead of staying all season. Either way he helped the club out alot when he did come, his contract is up at the end of the season and if he does now renew with Sunderland i will certainly be trying to bring him in permanently.

Bruno Pilatos

A amazing signing, released from League One Fleetwood. He wanted a bit more than i could offer him straight up in wages but with a few bonus payments and landmark clauses he eventually came around and signed for me. He played 45 games for me chipping in with 8 goals, played at right wing back all season and was always on the team sheet when available.

Another important signing for the Irish under 21 international, only scoring 20 goals this season but still finishing the highest scorer in the club. His start to the season was impressive but his goals tailed off towards the end of the season and was outshone buy Thomas. Still my number one striker and one of the key players in the squad, his value has rocketed this season though so maybe someone will come in and put a decent bid on the table, especially if i get Thomas in.

A poor season finance wise saw me making a big loss. Poor runs in both cups didnt help things and neither did my poor league form. All i can hope for is maybe a player sale, or a good cup run next season to help me get back into the black.

Next Season

Finances will be the main focus for me. hopefully being able to get back into the black. Some consistence in the league would be nice maybe being able to break into the top ten, maybe trying to get into the 3rd round of the FA Cup and getting a big money tie with a Premiership club. Heres to hoping!!

Career Overview

Season League League Finish Achievements
2013/14 Blue Square North 16th                                 FA Cup 1st Round
2014/15 Blue Square North 3rd Promoted via the play offs.      FA Cup Second Round
2015/16 Blue Square Prem 12th Survived                         FA Cup First Round
2016/17 Blue Square Prem 14th Survived                         FA Cup First Round

Archived