Sports Interactive Community
Ant Farley

*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

If i read the posts correct , i can start a new (long term) save now and after the beta patch and full game release, it will be save game compatibel and i can continue playing (and the 'bugs will be solved ) ?

Can someone confirm this please ?

(posted this also in another topic but i think this is the right thread)..

Generally, most bug fixes that aren't related to database issues will work in your save games

And yes, you can continue your beta saves in the full game :)

Generally, most bug fixes that aren't related to database issues will work in your save games

And yes, you can continue your beta saves in the full game :)

if ME bugs , interface bugs are solved it is perfect for me , thank u !

Will there be any patch for the beta that will fix the bugs? I mean, if not should i download the demo, as it wont have tons of bugs? Thanks.

Will there be any patch for the beta that will fix the bugs? I mean, if not should i download the demo, as it wont have tons of bugs? Thanks.

There may be but it can't be guaranteed atm.

SI, you know the message that comes up when you submit an enquiry? The one that says your enquiry has been submitted and the team will get back to you soon?

Please make that one of the messages which you can tick a box to not be shown again. After submitting thousands of them I know that I will receive an answer in a few days.

Cheers

Could the problem with the number of goals coming from crosses be down to a GK problem as well as the fullback problem people are reporting.

Pretty much all the goals i concede are crosses that go straight along the 6 yard box or even inside the 6 yard box along to a player running in, mainly at the far post.

For me the GK should be coming for any balls in and around the 6 yard box not stood on his line watching it roll 3 yards in front of him.

Anyone else a bit irritated that in the beta you can't just click on a game to quickly see player ratings, goalscorers and stats? Now you have to wait for the match engine to load all the data for a match.

Just loaded up FMC for the first time. Loving the News headlines, huge improvement from the bland screens we are used to seeing :applause:. Any chance of this being implemented into full career mode?

Anyone else a bit irritated that in the beta you can't just click on a game to quickly see player ratings, goalscorers and stats? Now you have to wait for the match engine to load all the data for a match.

Lots of people, it's been noted and apparently changing it isn't a simple job but we live in hope.

Im not posting this in bugs forum because I can't take a screenshot because it just takes one of my desktop, but there is a seeming bug with the news items.

When the game is processing and the little news box comes up, if it shows manager's press conferences about a player it gets the little pictures wrong way round.

For example, recently I had on the screen news that both Sunderland manager and Liverpool manager had made comments praising a liverpool midfielder.

For the Sunderland manager's comments it showed a picture of the Liverpool player and the Liverpool badge, no problem. For the Liverpool manager's comments it shows a picture of the Liverpool player and the Sunderland badge. Which is wrong. This makes me think they are back to front, and showing the Liverpool player's photo and badge together for the Sunderland manager's comments only seems ok by chance.

This happens in every press conference news item I have. I can't post a screenshot, so can other keep their eyes peeled for it too?

Lots of people, it's been noted and apparently changing it isn't a simple job but we live in hope.
If they can't fix it easily, I would be happy with some sort of little match summary screen - it doesn't have to anything fancy, just the list of goal scorers, player ratings and match stats. We can then be linked to the full match replay screen if we want to view match highlights or look at proper analysis.

Im not posting this in bugs forum because I can't take a screenshot because it just takes one of my desktop, but there is a seeming bug with the news items.

When the game is processing and the little news box comes up, if it shows manager's press conferences about a player it gets the little pictures wrong way round.

For example, recently I had on the screen news that both Sunderland manager and Liverpool manager had made comments praising a liverpool midfielder.

For the Sunderland manager's comments it showed a picture of the Liverpool player and the Liverpool badge, no problem. For the Liverpool manager's comments it shows a picture of the Liverpool player and the Sunderland badge. Which is wrong. This makes me think they are back to front, and showing the Liverpool player's photo and badge together for the Sunderland manager's comments only seems ok by chance.

This happens in every press conference news item I have. I can't post a screenshot, so can other keep their eyes peeled for it too?

Is the Steam screenshot shortcut not working in the beta? F12 maybe iirc?!?

To be honest I just came back to say I think it is actually deliberate, to show you who the match was against, so it has the pic of one relevant item to the story and the badge of another relevant item to the story. Looks really weird having Sunderland's badge next to Nuri Sahin's face for a Brendan Rodger press conference news item tho. I see why it is there but I don't think it works

2 things...

1st, what is the impact of loyalty bonus and agent fee ?

Well, we have 30M € to transfers, we buy Cardozo for 10M and give 2M loyalty bonus and more 2M for agent fee, so 30-10-2-2= 14M for transfers available???

2nd, in last FM's when we loan a player we received more than now. Let me explain, i loan Tello to Sampdoria and Samp give me like 1M on FM'12, and now the other teams don't give us more than 10/16m. I don't understand why Oo

Don't know if it's a bug or something I missed, but when I look at Training > Coaches for my Under 20 team, I only see my Goalkeeper Coach there. I have an Assistant Coach and two regular Coaches who don't show up. Are they training the youths too?

Just a quick question for the mods/testers...

Has the Beta release this year been more effective(than in house testing that would normally be used during the build up to games release)...

Is there any quantitative difference, as in more bugs found and solved etc...

Also just a quick one, the news headlines in FMC, are they in the full game(I'd like to check myself, but having issues with the game...stupid laptop)?

The fact that SI launch a beta version, doesn't mean that they just cross there arms and let us do all the testing. :)

So, with that in mind, i'm sure it's been much more effective, simple because there much more people testing the game.

The more people looking for and reporting bugs the better the game will be, don't expect everything to be fixed cos it is like a butterfly effect, you make it harder to score then people will moan it is too hard etc, I don't envy the people who make FM it must be a thankless job at times with back seat programmers constantly moaning and sounding like they can do better, thank you Sigames and Sega for your hard work, I at least appreciate your efforts.

Just a small suggestion. I just reached end of december and got the news item about contract expiries. I like the 'set for release' button but would like an option to choose the players instead of all as I offered a few extensions.

Was appointed England manager...then was offered a club job too. Accepted presuming I could do both (like youve been able to do before I think) and it automatically resigned me from being England boss. Am I not able to manage both this year?

Just a quick question for the mods/testers...

Has the Beta release this year been more effective(than in house testing that would normally be used during the build up to games release)...

Is there any quantitative difference, as in more bugs found and solved etc...

Also just a quick one, the news headlines in FMC, are they in the full game(I'd like to check myself, but having issues with the game...stupid laptop)?

Yeah the main thing is just the sheer numbers and amount of different set-ups that play the game. We have a large number of different graphics cards/operating systems etc to try and cover everything but as you can probably imagine it's just impossible to replicate what it's like when the game is properly released. We've come across some issues we otherwise may not have picked up as early (or at least until the demo is released) so just in that aspect it's been beneficial.

Likewise some issues, not necessarily bugs but ways in which the game works, which have been raised which we didn't realise would annoy people quite so much which gives us scope to look at them. All in all it's definitely been good in terms of finding extra issues.

Ill keep an eye out. Is Alt + F9 not working for you? do you have the screenshots folder created as well?

Was appointed England manager...then was offered a club job too. Accepted presuming I could do both (like youve been able to do before I think) and it automatically resigned me from being England boss. Am I not able to manage both this year?

Do you have a save game just before you took the club job? Could you please raise this in our bugs forum here? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/305-All-Other-Issues

Thanks.

My code hasnt arrived from zavvi...very unhappy...emailed them and they said they hadnt received there codes yet...anybody else receive their code from them?

ps...is it good?!

I can believe it's not an easy job as all match data appears to be totally integrated into the match engine. If loads of people have picked up on it, you'd think it would have been dealt with during early testing. Oh well. We might just have to deal with it. I'm finding I have to keep to stopping myself from checking matches because it slows the game down so much.

The 'patch' for the beta would surely be the full release in 1 and 1/2 weeks?

If they can't fix it easily, I would be happy with some sort of little match summary screen - it doesn't have to anything fancy, just the list of goal scorers, player ratings and match stats. We can then be linked to the full match replay screen if we want to view match highlights or look at proper analysis.

Check in your fixtures list. click on the line item rather than the score and on the right the basic match info will appear in the right-hand panel, if I remember correctly...

In my save game, pitch size alteration has not been asked in the beginning of the season. Is there anyone has an idea, is that option cancelled in this year's game?

In my save game, pitch size alteration has not been asked in the beginning of the season. Is there anyone has an idea, is that option cancelled in this year's game?

No, I got it a couple times.

I had it in my first and now for my second season.

Yeah the main thing is just the sheer numbers and amount of different set-ups that play the game. We have a large number of different graphics cards/operating systems etc to try and cover everything but as you can probably imagine it's just impossible to replicate what it's like when the game is properly released. We've come across some issues we otherwise may not have picked up as early (or at least until the demo is released) so just in that aspect it's been beneficial.

Likewise some issues, not necessarily bugs but ways in which the game works, which have been raised which we didn't realise would annoy people quite so much which gives us scope to look at them. All in all it's definitely been good in terms of finding extra issues.

Thats what I was thinking, I could see this approach for mass beta testing become more common(especially with games with an educated market), I think the beta release has already been a success for both marketing and testing...and I'm sure early sales too

There is a new rule in the Premier League where all pitches must be the same size.

Applied for positions of Canadian U23 and Canadian U20's manager but on neither did the apply job button dissapear nor did I get the message about them getting back to me and looking at my application.

Applied for positions of Canadian U23 and Canadian U20's manager but on neither did the apply job button dissapear nor did I get the message about them getting back to me and looking at my application.

You can report this in the UI section of the bugs forum. I believe it's UI related.

I find FM Classic mode great, but UTTERLY USELESS - for me, at least...

WHY-OH-WHY can't I customize my database??

I love the fact that you can play quicker games, I never understood why someone would need 3D in FM ..BUT I WANT TO BE ABLE TO BUY LITTLE KNOWN PLAYERS...from all over the world

AND btw...another(less annoying) thing: I have a Samsung series 5 ultrabook that's pretty fast. THE SAVE OF A FM GAME TAKES FOREVER!!! Is it a bug?

It is definitely an odd decision to not allow the ability to customize a database in FMC.

It is definitely an odd decision to not allow the ability to customize a database in FMC.

its not, because of the unlockables, if you can buy money, open transferwindows and change the league registration rules... you might as well edit it and dont pay...

There is a new rule in the Premier League where all pitches must be the same size.

Are you telling me old Trafford pitch is the same as Goodison park for example. No way

whats with very fluid making players just run around everywhere no no apparant tactial reason?

and since when have all pitches been the same size?

that was part of the point. and why some teams lost at some grounds

I have to say this is really doing my head in... The height of the timeline which shows goals and cards has been reduced so much that the actual time display e.g. 18:04 now covers the ball icon so it's difficult to play the game at the exact point you want to.

ahh transfer deadline day is cool.

why does see mach report load the pitch view, i prefer the FM12 version where you see the screen with the match stats on.

I think I'm the only one out of all you boys and girls to have started late on FM13 but from what I have seen from the first 10 mins of playing I can say that I am impressed, very impressed, but still early days.

I must say this is the best user interface I have seen so far and I'm so glad I don't have to view that stupid annoying load bar in the middle of the screen anymore. The graphics are great. My only concern is that it can at times look a bit 'busy' in places and could be streamlined via the preferences a little. I'm not too keen on the grey bars in the squad selection screen (bug or chance issue?). If its not chnagable then it will become very annoying.

The feature that I really wanted to see expanded was staff. I got so bored of the system in FM12, that if it didn't improve a bit in FM13 I would have just lost interest in the series of a whole. But can I just say boys and girls of SI, hats off in the staff revamp area, kudos to you all. Not only can you sign head scout, physio etc but you a functioning director in the games now unlike the blanked out ones in FM12. I love how you can make different members of the board responsible for different areas of the game.

I might be wrong but I can see head of youth, but cannot see defining youth coaches, is this due to the implantation of the under 18 staff taking the place of the old youth coach role. If so I really like it and especially the way you can not only sign a under 18's manager but an assistant etc, and it expands over to the international set ups as well.

Very very impressive and I hope this continues for years to come. Just a side note can we include in future editions the role of 'Utter Pleb' so we can officially hand it out to Steve Mclaren!

I like the beginning of the game where you can not only choose to manage one club but also an international team, lovely again as I no longer require having to tear my hear out with trying to get the job for ages.

I like the interaction with the board and the assistants at the beginning.

Good work.......

Are you telling me old Trafford pitch is the same as Goodison park for example. No way

Now all clubs must comply with a single measurement as per UEFA rules/standard of 105m by 68m (which, in old money, equates to more or less 115 yards by 74 yds).

I first would like to say that I am enjoying the game. I am having a problem with the game though. I am not able to make changes to my under 23 sqaud. In the staff repsonsibilties the optins are grey out. Any help would be much appreciated

why does see mach report load the pitch view, i prefer the FM12 version where you see the screen with the match stats on.

They're looking into the possibility of going back to the old way.

Erm...

I just offered Gastón Ramírez 60k p/w and a first team spot in my Manchester United side.

He accepted Evertons offer for 40,5k p/w.

Is it random who players chose or what's the deal here?

In my game, Gary Megson has just been appointed by West Ham as a coach. I thought this was a little strange though "The former Sheff Wed man has been manager at West Ham since January 1900"