*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

Hey, Si. I understand you guys have worked on your Interface a hell of a lot and it's genuinely great, however a lot of your fanbase do indeed like to switch to a dark skin due to the amounts of white in the default scheme. I just hope you guys at Si realise this and take it on board for a possible 'dark skin; like the previous titles.

I have so much faith in this company and that's a definite rare mind set in this day and age with game companies. The game is great so far also -apart from the obvious bugs which I'm sure are being looked into extensively-. Keep it up Si and please take this idea on board.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any chance of raising this in the transfers and contracts forum? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/298-Transfers-Contracts-and-Responsibilities

Bear in mind, have these players all been playing in the first team?

I think the age for 'young' players is under 23 but not 100% on that.

I've raised it in that forum Neil, the three younger players have made 1st team appearances but could well be that they just haven't made enough starts yet.

Some observations of mine:

I started a game as Inter beginning in December 2011 as I usually do to get a squad together and develop younger players, mainly because I will only be signing Italians. Anyway now coming to the end of the 2012 calendar year and these are the things I have noted:

1. Antonio Cassano didn't have any injuries yet despite the great training facilities of ours and top coaching he lost a lot of attributes for no reason, he lost 2 full points to acceleration and pace in just 6 months, so much so I just tried to sell him in the summer but had to settle for a loan to Leverkusen. Why did he lose so much when every other player is responding well? Presumably it is to do with his dodgy personality but it seems silly to lose that much ability in such a short time for no reason.

2. After a few months Massimo Moratti sold up to a consortium led by Francesco Toldo, a few months after that Toldo sold up to....... Moratti, also seems a bit silly.

3. Having reduced the wage bill to £1m a week and having the board be happy with me for this they then tell me the wage budget has had to be reduced to £800k because the club seems to naturally lose millions of pounds that you can't help and now despite me having done a good job at reducing the wage bill the goalposts have been moved and the board are instantly unhappy with my control over wages. Surely if they want the wages reduced they have to give you time to do it, this didn't even happen in a transfer window so what was I meant to do?

• SI Staff
Just had a game end 1-1 but in my news inbox after I continued game, it stated that I won 2-1.

I then checked the match report and it said 2-1.

The teamtalk after the match, handled by AssMan, was based on a disappointing draw against a team we should be beating etc.

Could you please got the FM forums and upload your save game for us please http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/296-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

There should be an option to Hire a Head Coach and have him take care of training. This would be great for those of us who do not want to get involved in sorting out training schedules etc. Hire someone you can trust, and leave it to them, just as you can now with a Head Scout and have them sort out the scouting assignments.

The ability to hire a Head Coach is a must for me. It seems like the only staff member they have forgotton about!

Surely your assistant manager is your head coach...!!!

Ive been a regular on the FM scene since the first version of CM, even dipped my toe in modding for FML so I know the grief you guys get over some of the decision making etc. Been pretty loyal and normally put a lot of faith and trust behind the way SI wanted FM to nurture.. never been or wanted to be a hater, always defended the crew. But I have to pull me head out of me a55 here and say that for the first time in my FM "career" im MASSIVELY worried about the state of the game. I dont play many other games, maybe the odd IOS game or fifa now and again and rely big time on FM filling a void in my normal 9-5 life, its a good way of chilling out and emersing myelf in a different world (one away from screaming children and nagging women) :p so each installment of FM is a big thing for me.

I spent the whole weekend playing a season with Rangers, managed to finish a season.. after that?? Just uninstalled the game from my HDD and probably wont touch until the ME is far and away from what it is now. . you say this is a rebuild of new ME (correct?) but how is it some of the common bugs that resided in that ME (corner banging being my main gripe) are still around? Ive posted a big amount of bugs on the forum and spent time uploading each example so im trying to help, im trying not to be a hater but this ME youve displayed in BETA is about 20 steps back in terms of bugs and faults.

Yeah so it looks a little more fancy but i dont want pretty, i want robust, i want rigid solid gameplay that doesnt see the same goals being scored over and over and over again. I spent an unreal amount of time on FM12, 34 seasons with my latest Plymouth team which preveneted hours of fun! Spent 24 hours on FM13 and pretty sure i dont want to pick it up again.

Id say the hardcore FM player looks for 3 key things - Match Engine, Realism and Database. If you remove one of these links the whole thing comes crumbling down like a cheap pack of Championship Manager 2010 cards, its just aint pretty :(

SI.. I BEG YOU... PLEASE DONT LET ME DOWN! :applause:(i dont want to be a FM divorcee)

:applause: Well said sir! This, i feel, speaks for every long time FM gamer.

Have just finished my first year as NFFC manager & would like to share my initial views of 2013.

1) Up-dated database, excellent!

2) Pre-deadline transfer news participation. This is a fun addition that is also optional. Great!

3) End of season confidence review. Leaves you in no doubt as to your position with the board. Simple & effective.

4) Seamless performace throughout from Steam... so far. Keep it up.

Dislikes: (Have to say some of these issues might be adjustable within the game & I don't know how!)

1) Awkward player transfer search that returns page to the top after scrolling down & clicking on a possible target. Page should return to where is was left.

2) Whilst watching highlights there is a "possesion" line that obscures the match commentary. Irritating, since one generally has no interest in possession at this stage.

3) A player praised for performance retorts "I'm not prepared to discuss this issue again". Excuse me? This has stopped me praising anyone any more.

Scouting reports are not as comprehensive as in the 2012 version. Prettier... but not as informative.

Jury still out......:

1) The new match engine seems pretty much the same, except figure appear smaller. No real quantum leap here.

Anyone agree, disagree, got any other "Likes & Dislikes"?

Issues???

Do you think a a broken game engine is an issue????

Like a bug to be quickly correct after a proper feedback?

No, it's the main core of gameplay and it's flawed.

I love this game and I'm a fan of this series for many years.

Look at my join date ....

That's why I'm angry and I do not understand the negative gap between 2012 (a good Game engine) and 2013...

I'm not sure what's broken. It's fine for me. There have been some minor issues reported in what has been described as now quite an old match engine. I've seen quotes that say it has undergone further work since what we have, and feedback from this BETA will inform further progress before release... I don't see why you should be quite so angry tbh.

I know on the match overview it states the weather type, don't think there is a 'direction' as such. Will ask and check, sorry that got missed first time around.

EDIT: No, not at this time other than seeing how the ball reacts. Thanks for bringing it up though, something for us to bear in mind (which I'm sure the match team already have been).

Do the corner flags not blow in the wind, indicating wind direction? I was sure I had seen that, but it could be my imagination...

I'm not sure what's broken. It's fine for me. There have been some minor issues reported in what has been described as now quite an old match engine. I've seen quotes that say it has undergone further work since what we have, and feedback from this BETA will inform further progress before release... I don't see why you should be quite so angry tbh.

Go to post 2180 and you will understand, maybe.....

Forgot another of my observations, a player being booked after 23 seconds for persistent fouling.

I believe that SI guys are aware of this issue, but you can also help by posting in the bugs forum.

• Administrators
Go to post 2180 and you will understand, maybe.....

That post is one of our members of staff asking for examples to help us evidence the issues you're encountering. I'm not quite sure how that should make you angry? Perhaps if we ignored all the feedback people had provided so far then you'd be well within your rights to be angry?

Genuine question, why do keepers not attempt to make another save, after they've made one, they stand there and allow whoever's in the box, to score an easy tap in, even when the balls hit straight at them, they don't move.

Also, teams are passing through me far too easily, I'm getting crap teams playing Barcelona like passes through my side, I'm one of the best in the league.

Going back to FM 12 if the full game is anything like this.

• Administrators
Genuine question, why do keepers not attempt to make another save, after they've made one, they stand there and allow whoever's in the box, to score an easy tap in, even when the balls hit straight at them, they don't move.

Also, teams are passing through me far too easily, I'm getting crap teams playing Barcelona like passes through my side, I'm one of the best in the league.

Going back to FM 12 if the full game is anything like this.

We're aware there are issues and we're investigating, so if you have specific examples please do take the time to raise them within the match engine bugs forum. Saying that however, the match engine is exactly the same for the user and the AI, so if teams are passing through your side like Barca, I'd suggest your tactics aren't working as intended.

We're aware there are issues and we're investigating, so if you have specific examples please do take the time to raise them within the match engine bugs forum. Saying that however, the match engine is exactly the same for the user and the AI, so if teams are passing through your side like Barca, I'd suggest your tactics aren't working as intended.

I understand that it's the same, just annoying that I struggle to break down teams, yet they get to the edge of my box, then rip me to shreds, I'm in the play offs, so not doing bad, just hate seeing that. It's making Bolton and Birmingham look like world beaters.

That post is one of our members of staff asking for examples to help us evidence the issues you're encountering. I'm not quite sure how that should make you angry? Perhaps if we ignored all the feedback people had provided so far then you'd be well within your rights to be angry?

I would be very concrete and stay away from controversy.

As a faithful customer, I expect to play on November 2nd with a better match engine of FM 2012.

Imho Beta ME 2013 is far from acceptable.

It 's just a work in progress.

Not a finished product yet.

Btw, i do not think the author of the post quoted in 2180 is one of your members.

That's all.

Anyone notice alot of quality players on the transfer list? I have: Leandro Damiao, Marek Hamsik, Jesus Navas, Adrian, Fellaini, Daniel Agger, Darren Bent, Steva Jovetic, Rafinha, Raul Abidol all at the same time. 21 November 2012 is game date. On a previous save Mest Ozil, among others, was also up for sale.

Most of the reasons giving are "wants to move to bigger club" or " club is underachieving".

I remember on FM12, or FM11 there was a problem regarding this issue but I've yet to see it talked about on here yet. Do any SI guys feel it's worth loading the game up for you to take a look?

Anyone notice alot of quality players on the transfer list? I have: Leandro Damiao, Marek Hamsik, Jesus Navas, Adrian, Fellaini, Daniel Agger, Darren Bent, Steva Jovetic, Rafinha, Raul Abidol all at the same time. 21 November 2012 is game date. On a previous save Mest Ozil, among others, was also up for sale.

Most of the reasons giving are "wants to move to bigger club" or " club is underachieving".

I remember on FM12, or FM11 there was a problem regarding this issue but I've yet to see it talked about on here yet. Do any SI guys feel it's worth loading the game up for you to take a look?

Im sure it wouldnt hurt. I think you should do it up

Haven't got time to read through the 23 pages so it might have been mentioned but has anyone else seen the ball going through the net back of the net when a goal goes in and hitting the advertising boards?

Yes it's a known issue

Not sure if this is the right place, apologies if it isn't! I love the Beta! Could we have one change though. When watching a match, I want to be able to look at stats/player ratings etc whilst the game is on. If I do overview, I can't see the pitch. So I like to use split view. However using this I can only see one lot of info at a time, eg Match stats, then have to change for player ratings etc.

Could it be possible to have the split view so you can customise the stats to show more than just match stats? So being able to choose 2/3/4 different bits of info.

Cheers

I set up my coach's training area to maximize my star ratings but it always resets to some other assignment. It isn't my assistant's assignment because when I click ask assistant it changes to his. When I try to customize it, it always defaults to that exact same assignment a few days later.

I posted this in the bug forum but I want to know if it is my fault. I tried looking in staff responsibilities to make sure there isn't an option for some coach to take over training and I think I covered everything. It keeps happening though. Quite annoying.

Thank you

I have the exact same issue.

Could anybody tell us if this is a bug that will be fixed before the official release, or if we are doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Haven't played the beta yet, but I feel positive about it having read a good deal of the feedback :)

Usually there are more histrionics and toys being thrown out of the pram then there are so for. Additionally the complaints seem to be much more heterogeneous... and hopefully therefore more likely to be resolved.

Not sure if this is the right place, apologies if it isn't! I love the Beta! Could we have one change though. When watching a match, I want to be able to look at stats/player ratings etc whilst the game is on. If I do overview, I can't see the pitch. So I like to use split view. However using this I can only see one lot of info at a time, eg Match stats, then have to change for player ratings etc.

Could it be possible to have the split view so you can customise the stats to show more than just match stats? So being able to choose 2/3/4 different bits of info.

Cheers

AMEN! I cant stand not being able to see the stats.

I actually really like the beta. You can see player AI has had a lot done to it, players are smarter, passes are better, players control the ball really well and the movement is amazing.

I think it's a finely tuned balancing act, I've noticed if I play attacking the team instantly switches to Barcelona style and the opposition switches to 10 men behind the ball. It turns into a short pass fest, that coupled with full back and centre back problems does suggest it's something to do with the defensive line and aggression going wrong. When this is fixed, I think we'll have a good game on our hands. The ramifications of the defensive line messing up can mean the centre can be totally compacted and your players can't make anything happen unless you've got someone who's awesome at long shots or a full back in space to put in a cross.

I'm happy the beta is out and I think it's already shaped how the release will look. Come November I think we'll all be relieved that issues were like this were spotted so soon.

As mentioned by SI staff, every beta turns out differently. In one build crossing may be overpowered, in another goalies might be. We were just unlucky to get one of the builds that was skewed too far in one direction.

Had a few minor bugs, all have already been logged by others and are being looked at and that's a good sign.

Haven't played the beta yet, but I feel positive about it having read a good deal of the feedback :)

Usually there are more histrionics and toys being thrown out of the pram then there are so for. Additionally the complaints seem to be much more heterogeneous... and hopefully therefore more likely to be resolved.

This. . . . Well said.

Think this is a massive bug, was browsing through the contracts expiring in 6 months, offered a contract to a player, couple of days later, news item popped up saying 'Player signs new Wolves deal' and that he's transfer listed at Salzburg, and when I go to him, he's at my club, with the stats he had at the previous club. When I go to the club I signed him from, he's there, but 'Unavailable' and when I go on to his profile, it says he plays for them, but if I go to my news item, and find the player, he's at my club, and when I go to my team, he's there too. It's as though he's been cloned.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before.

AMEN! I cant stand not being able to see the stats.

Haha make it happen Sigames! Sure it wouldn't take much effort! Currently the split view is pointless, might aswell have the full screen with the small match stats box in a corner!

Split screen would be good, if you could properly customise the stats side!

Pleaaaaaaaaase Sigames :)

One little bug i have noticed is that sometimes when im playing I get english texts at some interviews when my game is in Swedish.

Not a problem for me but could be a problem for non english swedes.

Anyway im loving FM 2013 seriously its something else. Like a BIG Step forward.

One little bug i have noticed is that sometimes when im playing I get english texts at some interviews when my game is in Swedish.

Not a problem for me but could be a problem for non english swedes.

Anyway im loving FM 2013 seriously its something else. Like a BIG Step forward.

Someone from SI stated that this is going to be fixed for the release date iirc. It's a general issue with translation, not only for Sweeden.

Aside from the RIDICULOUS Difficulty level i only have a couple of small issues. Firstly i play in holland and the match feed keeps telling me that players can't talk to their team because of the language barrier (they can both speak dutch btw). At the start of the season the board said they wanted me to buy young players and i did and they were ecstatic. That lasted till october when they were disappointed that i hadn't bought any. I qualified for the euro cup group stages like they wanted and then the expectation changed for me to win the bloody thing and then i had an 8 game losing streak that didn't matter how many times i reloaded the matches and used all manner of strategies and players against that i was also vastly superior to.

I'm sure it has been said but I need to say it otherwise I can't complain when the final game is released and it is still like this.

This is insanely hard. I'm sure some smug individuals will brag about how easy it is but I have played fm for a long time and been good at it, or at least good enough. I am getting crushed in League One as Bournemouth no matter what tactical approach I take or how long I give it.

Stupid number of goals. Tactics don't stay the same when I change them. I'm sure these have been reported.

So frustrated right now, if I lose another game where I have dominated possession 4-3 I will through my laptop out the window. Please fix it! All the cool online features are nothing if the game is unplayable.

Think this is a massive bug, was browsing through the contracts expiring in 6 months, offered a contract to a player, couple of days later, news item popped up saying 'Player signs new Wolves deal' and that he's transfer listed at Salzburg, and when I go to him, he's at my club, with the stats he had at the previous club. When I go to the club I signed him from, he's there, but 'Unavailable' and when I go on to his profile, it says he plays for them, but if I go to my news item, and find the player, he's at my club, and when I go to my team, he's there too. It's as though he's been cloned.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before.

If you have a savegame from before it happened and can get it to replicate a 2nd time you'll have a very tasty bug to log in the bug forums : http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/291-Football-Manager-2013-Pre-Release-Beta-Bugs-Forum

Aside from the RIDICULOUS Difficulty level i only have a couple of small issues. Firstly i play in holland and the match feed keeps telling me that players can't talk to their team because of the language barrier (they can both speak dutch btw).

At the start of the season the board said they wanted me to buy young players and i did and they were ecstatic. That lasted till october when they were disappointed that i hadn't bought any. I qualified for the euro cup group stages like they wanted and then the expectation changed for me to win the bloody thing and then i had an 8 game losing streak that didn't matter how many times i reloaded the matches and used all manner of strategies and players against that i was also vastly superior to.

You have three possible bugs there to report. Get cracking!

As to the difficulty I'm sure there will be changes coming along with the match engine that may (or maybe not?) change how difficult things are with the way you're approaching the game.

Why is it it that i can't hire fitness coaches anymore!? What's the big deal with them, are they elite now or what...?

Every team i've been with advises zero fitness coaches. And, unlike in FM 2012, you actually can't hire any. The board blocks attempts to hire them.

Yet when i jump to a new team, they often have 1 fitness coach on staff, yet the board still advises that they should have zero.

Why is it it that i can't hire fitness coaches anymore!? What's the big deal with them, are they elite now or what...?

Every team i've been with advises zero fitness coaches. And, unlike in FM 2012, you actually can't hire any. The board blocks attempts to hire them.

Yet when i jump to a new team, they often have 1 fitness coach on staff, yet the board still advises that they should have zero.

TOTAL B.S.

I had no problem to sign a fitness coach... , make sure u fire the one u have if u don't have one.. talk with the board room

TOTAL B.S.

Am having the same problem formaggio. And it's peeing all my team off as in "unhappy with fitness level training" in their happiness screen. I keep asking the board for more coaches, and even if I get an extra slot to hire, I can't hire a fitness coach for that new post available (like you could on FM12).

I am at a League One club though (Yeovil) with pretty dire training facilities so was hoping sort of that if I improve my facilities I might get to hire one.

It's the one let down on FM's from way back. It says you can't do something but doesn't always explain why. If my facilities stop me hiring a fitness coach then please tell me Mr Chairman. Otherwise I'm left to guess and if it's not such a big deal in-game not having a fitness coach then don't let it pee all my players off. I'd think a fitness coach at a pro football club was quite a biggie. I can hire a gk coach, I can hire a coach to do fitness training, but not a fitness coach.

The manual needs to be really, really, really, really good this year to explain some changes. :D I never knew a 'coach' doesn't coach your youth team until I read it on here for instance. Now I'm left to wonder who does coach them. Guess?? :)

Is not being able to add another manager a bug (in pre-season) or have SI set a limit on it in a season?

I was able to add another manager in full mode anytime. Not tried in FM Classic, and I know for sure that you cannot if you try in Challenge mode.

this week until 30th is an official holiday in Turkey and back to FM 12 for my Napoli save. It is hard to play with that many bugs. will wait for the full version until November 2nd...
Have you reported these so called many bugs in the appropriate sub threads in the fm13 beta bugs thread ? Which is what its there for

I hate the game generating report every time I click at a match to see the player grades or other thing. I prefer the old way, that I can view the match statistics, scorer, player grades and just in some specific things the game will stop to generate the report

Archived