Sports Interactive Community
Ant Farley

*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

I can't get past that awful white skin. It's only there to mask the fact that SI are crap at cutting out player faces. I can't think of another reason why you would pick white over any other colour.

I actually like it (apart from the shades of grey on the squad screen). Not everyone has the same taste :)

As many have already said the defending and goalkeeping is terrible and if not sorted will render the game unplayable. Tackling is virtually none existent.

Anyone else's goalkeepers just generally idiotic?

A few times my keeper has came out to catch a ball, completely missing it or came out to pick the ball up, and somehow missing it.

The game is broken beyond belief. Suarez has just been sent off for diving twice in the same game (laugh all you want), Hernandez (of Man Utd) scored 6 in one game vs Reading), every cross is a goal, players leave the ball when they could easily get it, I get 60%+ possession every game yet the opponents always have more highlights?

(apart from the shades of grey on the squad screen).

It's the FM version of the popular women's book :p.

In general I don't think the skins too popular.

The game is broken beyond belief. Suarez has just been sent off for diving twice in the same game (laugh all you want), Hernandez (of Man Utd) scored 6 in one game vs Reading), every cross is a goal, players leave the ball when they could easily get it, I get 60%+ possession every game yet the opponents always have more highlights?

Bear in mind it is a work in progress and do please raise any issues on the match engine bugs forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/296-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Thanks.

Bear in mind it is a work in progress and do please raise any issues on the match engine bugs forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/296-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Thanks.

Like I said before, I strongly believe that you need to push out rolling updates/patches for the BETA, otherwise we're going to be playing a broken game for 2 weeks, right? (inb4 it's a BETA - what happens with the Demo?)

This is something we do keep an eye on, but as with many aspects of the match engine it's a balance issue and can be easily swayed by changes elsewhere. If you have specific examples of matches where you feel a player rating is significantly out of keeping with his performance, please do provide them in the ME bugs forum. http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/296-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

It's just a general observation. I have yet to experience a MOM that hasn't prouced an assist or goal, that seems very unrealistic to me.

When right clicking on a player what's the point of the lists option if the only option is "remove from shortlist"?
If you create custom shortlists then there are more options in here for moving players between shortlists.

Like I said before, I strongly believe that you need to push out rolling updates/patches for the BETA, otherwise we're going to be playing a broken game for 2 weeks, right? (inb4 it's a BETA - what happens with the Demo?)

Would be a good idea, would help discover bugs made from fixing current bugs.

Impressed with the BETA so far, not seen many bugs in my game and definitely 0 game-breaking bugs.

Anyone else's goalkeepers just generally idiotic?

A few times my keeper has came out to catch a ball, completely missing it or came out to pick the ball up, and somehow missing it.

Yeah this happened to me yesterday, put it in the ME bug forum.

Would be a good idea, would help discover bugs made from fixing current bugs.

Impressed with the BETA so far, not seen many bugs in my game and definitely 0 game-breaking bugs.

zero game breaking bugs? erm the whole match engine is bugged/broken to hell and back!

Feedback after playing 24 hours:

Goods:

-Interface changes are really nice, easy to navigate, good on the eyes and the calendar ticker is a welcome addition.

-New player and team stats are very useful

-Team responsibilities and director of football are a great addition.

-Subscriptions finally easy to navigate and customize

Bads:

-Match engine is one of the worst ever, not because of unrealistic results but more because of player behavior on the field. I actually turned of Field view and I only use commentary. Some of the issues:

* Goalkeepers are not aware of the ball. In 10 games I had 3 goals because the keeper didn't see the ball when the defender passed it back. On other instance the keeper dived for a ball that was 5 meters in front of him, missing it of course and the opponent scored. These stuff are basic and unacceptable.

* Players in general are not aware of their surroundings. This was never perfect in past FM games, but it's never been so bad. Balls are coming towards them and they don't see, situational awareness is very poor.

-Saving a game is back to being very slow after much improvement in the recent years (I'm on a more powerful MAC this year than past two years).

-There should be an option to reduce pre match steps even more.

-Cancel pending changes button should NOT be on the left side of the screen as it moves all the buttons to the right and makes giving follow up instructions a pain. Also the shout dialogue shout close automatically after giving the instruction.

-Match day interface could be easier to navigate and smoother, right now it's somewhat confusing.

Overall I enjoy the game but the match engine issues must be fixed.

As long as updates are rolled out by release day they dont need to. You'll be playing a beta for two weeks. For all intents and purposes you are beta testing, rather than playing an advanced copy of the finished game.

Neil, I'm playing as manchester united, and I arrange to play my reserve side, as offered at the start, but this game never happens, it just skips past when its supposed to.

Du5La.png

Will upload the save from just before later on.

A few things that I have picked up on after a couple of days play -

- Load / Save screens = These are non existent in my game, like when the game plays out other fixtures and you used to have a blue line showing you how far it was progressing. Is this just me? Because I like to know how close to the end it is.

- Matchday Screens - So dark, why so dark? Will there be an option to change this?

- I cant seem to untick players in the reserve team, i.e I have first team players set to play for the reserves but I cant take the option off.

- The goals from crosses, it really is a bit silly how many there are.

But on the whole great game and thanks for the beta release.

Feedback on career mode version... after couple of starts with Liverpool.

+ The game runs quite smoothly with high enough leagues.

+ Transfer system seems better at first glimpse.

+ Like the idea that you can put Director of football handling more stuff. (Allthough the players put in unwanted list cannot be edited... asking price etc.. for whatever reason. They remain grey)

+ Scouting is definately better now that is more automated.

+ Training.. well if it is more automated as it seems than better. At least youngters do seem to get better...

Negatives...

- The colour of the squad screen is somewhat odd and requires a lot to get use to it.

- The biggest problem. TACTIC/ME.. haven't watched full games but with sensible tactics you can with 5-0.. and week later get hammered 6-1.

I have been playing these games since early CM versions and the results have consistency. It might be due to the facts described earlier in this thread.

Also, the scores seem to be high. A lot of 4-0, 3-3 etc.

Those things (tactics/ME) have put me back to FM12. Get those sorted and you have an good game.

Can you search for staff by how many star rating they would be in this version? For example can you look for fitness coaches with a a minimum 4 star rating or do you have to look for people with high fitness & determination etc like in FM12?

Ive just experienced a "Runtime error visual crash" during my inter-club friendly..

Any idea?

I do very much like the new look and 'extra' touches to the visual aspect of the game - one thing in particular is when moving a player in the tactics screen and it showing in colours where they are able to play well. Everything is smooth and looks nice in transitional periods and I really like that News screen. Tasty. I'm a sucker for something nice looking. Only issues being, for me personally, are the beta errors that sometimes show their heads

Is anyone else receiving a lot of in-game injuries? In 22 matches I've had 14 injuries needing to be subbed. Everyone's workload is Medium and they get a day off before and after every match.

Thats the 2nd runtime error ive had in 3 trys to get past the first friendly.

It says "Runtime error C+++ Visual error". Not exact but something along those lines, please any help will be appreciated?

Thats the 2nd runtime error ive had in 3 trys to get past the first friendly.

It says "Runtime error C+++ Visual error". Not exact but something along those lines, please any help will be appreciated?

So SI are programming the game in a language that doesn't exist, that explains why the ME is so bad!

I'm not one to complain about a game, cause the usual things aren't game breaking things, and I know it's only a beta, but there are a couple of game breaking things in this so far.

1) Crosses in to the box, my god, 9/10 every cross in to the box results in a goal, an open goal at that, player runs in, gets past 2/3 players, gets by my goal, crosses it, goal.

2) Keepers, are they actual goalkeepers? I rarely see a save, and whenever they make a save, it takes them about a minute to get up, they don't even attempt a second save, so many goals been scored/conceded this way, when it happens for me, it feels like cheating because it's always happening.

3) Players, the balls going out, they manage to stop it, they go past the ball, yet my player who is a foot away from it, stands there, allows that player to come back on the pitch, retrieve it, then go on to run at the opposition/my defence.

4) Defenders, do they realise it is indeed their job to 'defend'? Players just stroll past them, and balls float over them, they just stand there.

5) Strikers, they'll go past a keeper and get an open goal, and they won't touch it, they'll just let it walk in, let the defenders get back and make a challenge. (That's also another thing against a keeper, why just stand there when a striker is going past you, don't just stand there, get back and try and make a block!)

So SI are programming the game in a language that doesn't exist, that explains why the ME is so bad!

Your earlier constructive comments were welcome, however you're beginning to resemble a dripping tap.

If you've run out of useful feedback kindly be quiet.

Seeing a problem with the Ukrainian league:

Game is counting subs in its calcualtion of Foreign player limits, while the actual rules are "7 foreign players fielded at any time max". Players on the sub's bench are not "fielded", why is the game making that mistake? It's really ruining the experience of playing as Dynamo Kiev or Shakhtar, they simply don't have enough domestic players to keep it under 7 foreigners on field AND bench.

Proof of subs not counted on that limit in the real world:

DK last game had 6 foreigners on the field and 3 more on the bench

Foreigners on the field: Tiawo, Veloso, Vukojevich, Raffael, Ideye and Mahmedi.

Foreigners on the bench: Kranjcar, Nincovich and Ruben.

When I try to field that team in the game it tells me "The squad can't have more then 7 foreign players. (Currently 9)". Then why was DK able to field that team in real life????

Not sure if this is a bug (due to Leeds not wanting to sell) or a genuine part of the game. Either way - Ipswich doesn't have 101M to be bidding on Aiden White!

Your earlier constructive comments were welcome, however you're beginning to resemble a dripping tap.

If you've run out of useful feedback kindly be quiet.

That was called a joke.

And i've been posting about bugs in other area's of the forum, so hush.

Started a season with Rangers (in the Third Division).

One thing I've noticed is the ridiculous expenditure over the months.

For example:

'Match day expenses' for 1 month at £720k (£2.7M season to date)

'Ground maintenance' at £350k (£3.2M season to date)

'Other' at £320k (£3.3M season to date)

Now this seems well over the top and is crippling the club and I'm not even in February yet...

Thoughts?

Match day expenses are for the extreme policing costs faced by Old Firm clubs. Likewise it's a major stadium which contantly needs matinence. I can't remember the exacts of what 'Other' falls under but I'll get someone to check for you.

I see.

Will you write in a stock market float like in real life so Rangers can get a cash injection because it's badly needed?!

Couple beers to whoever it is at SI who puts custom training schedules back into the game for the full release or at some point in the future. I never used to do it but I've really come to enjoy the controlling of a players development by creating custom schedules for every player. Is their a reason why they were taken out?

Any news on when the online manual will be complete, it's very bare at present and with all the new features could actually be of use this year.

I'm running on a Mac and the game keeps crashing randomly. Anyone else getting this. Please help.

I'm sure this has been mentioned already but is there no middleground on the "Receive news about: Completed transfers"? I dont really want to hear which coaches Wigan have brought in, but I wouldnt mind hearing when Chelsea spend 30m on a player.

When I use the player search function and scan down the list a few pages and click on a player, when returning to the list I have to sart the search from the top again. It would be nice if it would continue from the last place in the list after viewing that player.

Is it possible to not generate the match report when clicking on the result of a fixture?

Not at the moment no, but we're aware of this and it's something we're looking into. Thanks.

As soon as they sort out the defending this will be a great game, everything else looks nice, training works quite well when you figure it out, it just makes thing so much easier to keep on top of, parts of the ME look great, some not so great at the moment. I look forward to the release version!

I don't have the beta release but I read here that the match screen view does not swith automatically to the pitch when there's a highlight. I'm pretty sure most people watch the matches on highlights only, so I find this very worrying, please include an option to have it switch automatically.

I don't have the beta release but I read here that the match screen view does not swith automatically to the pitch when there's a highlight. I'm pretty sure most people watch the matches on highlights only, so I find this very worrying, please include an option to have it switch automatically.

It does and you can customise exactly what screen you it defaults to at the start and during the match.