*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

Started a game with Aston Villa, a few things i've noticed

Tax seems quite heavy. For example Betenke is on £18.5k a week but after tax this is £9k a week. I dont think the tax rate is over 50%?

No petrov? I understand he will prob never play again but he is still a member of the club.

I am unable to scout region: scandinavia - seems to be missing from the list of regions

Darren Bent is white. :D

In general ive been happy with how the game is, though i got the weird white screen with no background and text after my laptop woke from sleep.

Already i am enjoying this more than previous games, i think the whole training system is more realistic now and makes a lot more sense than moving a few sliders about. Well done!

The wage after tax is an approximation and in this case is a rounding 'issue' with weekly wages. If for example you show Benteke's wage as a yearly figure it will be at 50% of the pre-tax wage.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The wage after tax is an approximation and in this case is a rounding 'issue' with weekly wages. If for example you show Benteke's wage as a yearly figure it will be at 50% of the pre-tax wage.

The tax should be 45% rather than 50%.

I was under the impression that the first £8k ish per year is tax free, then the next bracket up to £30kish per year is something like 20%

i see now from http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/rates/it.htm that the tax in the game is correct!

I think the tax rate will be going down next year for those earners of over £150k a year. will this automatically change in game or is tax the tax rate forever?

Apologies if these issues have already been raised but there are two things that are really bugging me:

1) I allow my Assistant to take charge of pre-season friendlies but I like to check the result and see how people played. When I click on the result, it now loads up as if I want to watch the highlights and I can't find the Overview and Player Stats tabs. On previous FMs it would take you to the Overview screen and you could then choose to view highlights if you wished.

2) I have created 2 tactics on my save (442 and 451) and I before a game I set my tactic to 451. When I get to the team talk I notice that my tactic is set to 442, so I change it to 451 before the game starts. At half-time, my tactic is 442 again! How can I set this to stay as I chose? Very frustrating.

Any feedback much appreciated.

i agree with point number 2

• Administrators
For some reason, computer performance shows half a star.. It was not the case yesterday when i opened another game.. It was 4 stars.. And i can feel the laptop hot..

Any idea how to increase the performance star?

Thanks.

Are you viewing this via the 'detail level' screen in a game you've already started? If so it's a cosmetic issue which will be fixed for release and you can ignore it. Thanks.

Despite saying that I would not download the beta or demo I couldn't help my self and downloaded it as soon as I got the needed code from greenman gaming. However my computer has suddenly went pairshaped and will not let me use the dvd drive in fact it doesnt even show up in my computer and I get an error in device manager about not being able to verify the digital signatures of the drivers. Anyway I dont think this is an issue to do with the game because I noticed things going a bit odd before I downloaded. My question is will I have to re-enter the code if I do a system restore and restore my computer to an earlier time or is it just a case of downloading the game again?

Despite saying that I would not download the beta or demo I couldn't help my self and downloaded it as soon as I got the needed code from greenman gaming. However my computer has suddenly went pairshaped and will not let me use the dvd drive in fact it doesnt even show up in my computer and I get an error in device manager about not being able to verify the digital signatures of the drivers. Anyway I dont think this is an issue to do with the game because I noticed things going a bit odd before I downloaded. My question is will I have to re-enter the code if I do a system restore and restore my computer to an earlier time or is it just a case of downloading the game again?

It should be the case of just downloading the game once you verify the computer through Steam. I'm not sure if it'll recognise it as the old computer so you'll get the email code to add it. Once in Steam you should be fine.

I was under the impression that the first £8k ish per year is tax free, then the next bracket up to £30kish per year is something like 20%

i see now from http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/rates/it.htm that the tax in the game is correct!

I think the tax rate will be going down next year for those earners of over £150k a year. will this automatically change in game or is tax the tax rate forever?

Yes, we have next years tax changes in game including that specific one you mention.

I am loving the game, despite the bugs.

However, I am not able to continue and more due to this issue:

They game flew by during the first season. I have four stars on estimated speed and now after a year the game takes minutes processing each day. I will probably have to quit the game and wait for the release.

As Crispypaul states, you need to remember to factor in national insurance to the total tax payment. Players don't only pay income tax :)
Yeah but that's only another 2% and if we're being technical I don't expect any top footballer pays the amount of tax they should.

Edit: The player I was looking at (Chamakh) was on loan at Lille and I had clicked from the Arsenal screen so it still said "Arsenal reserves", so the tax is correct.

Yeah but that's only another 2% and if we're being technical I don't expect any top footballer pays the amount of tax they should.

in croatia for example..if player have 18.000 € per month...when he pays taxes and insurance,he get about 11.000 €...

Are you certain he got a work permit on appeal? Do you still have the news item - it may have stated that he didn't get a work permit but you could still sign him and then loan him out. We've had this reported on previous versions and that's often been the case. Let me know either way, thanks.

I'm not certain Neil but i never saw a news item stating that i could sign him but without a work permit

But I assume in Croatia the rate of tax is less than in the UK

i don't know...here player pay this...tax which is called ''PDV'' (tax on added value...something like that in free translate)...you must give 25% of your monthly pay to pay that....and you pay for health and pension insurance...i think something like 20%...

Match engine thoughts having played a fair few matches... haven't seen much chat of anyone else having problems but Schwarzer has made at least 3 outrageous brutal errors so far this year in 2 months. I'm absolutely in favour of seeing more unusual errors and the odd howler but in my game it's happening a lot. Midfield seem to drop really on crosses and if it is cleared then there's stack of space in front of the back four/eight.

Edit: The player I was looking at (Chamakh) was on loan at Lille and I had clicked from the Arsenal screen so it still said "Arsenal reserves", so the tax is correct.

National Insurance is currently 12% http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/rates/nic.htm

• Administrators
I am loving the game, despite the bugs.

However, I am not able to continue and more due to this issue:

They game flew by during the first season. I have four stars on estimated speed and now after a year the game takes minutes processing each day. I will probably have to quit the game and wait for the release.

Did you add any extra leagues after the first season?

• Administrators
I'm not certain Neil but i never saw a news item stating that i could sign him but without a work permit

It would have been the news item where you confirmed the deal - do you have any older saves which may show this?

Anyone else having an issue with coaches/ass man only adding 'tight marking' instructions pre-match? Using any of my coaches/available staff I can't get them to automatically add weaker foot/tacking etc instructions so I end up having to do it myself. Bug or lack of staff experience?

I am planning to get a new laptop next week.. Is it possible to copy my existing career game to the new laptop and continue playing on that one ?

Or should I wait till i get the new laptop to re-install everything?

Cheers.

Documents/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2013/games all your saves should be there.

Is there any problems in every copy in the beta not just bugs, because I dunno whether to start my main save? I'm talking balance issues not bugs, ? I heard about bad crosses and defending? is this noticable to only the most hardcore me guy, or is this noticible to relative novices? Is anyone noticing transfer issues?

So you are saying if I copy that folder to the new laptop once I re-install the game, i can continue my current game, am I correct?

Yes, unless they change the way the game loads when you download it again or if you don't copy it to the right place. It certainly works for all the full FM games in the past.

During the match, when i want to give a shout instruction or when i press to make a sub, i find the match engine slowing down, when i click the instruction , it takes a few second to get back to the game or the shout instruction tab remains on my screen for a bit.

Is this coz of my graphic card / processor or game itself?

Could you raise this in the user interface bugs forum please? http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/299-User-Interface

It may be due to your hardware, but we can investigate.

In general I like a lot of the new features, for example the ability to see the highlighted stats relevant for the different roles. Small changes I know, but they definately improve the overall gameplay.

However, there is one thing I had hoped would have been fixed for this years game and that is the players match ratings, which I believe is seriously flawed.

I'm not a regular on this forum, but I definately remember it being raised as a major issue for FM12. It just seems so undermining of the realism of the game that a player can have a very average game and then score a lucky goal from a corner and then be MOM. IMO assist and goals matters way too much, when a player's match rating is calculated. I think passing accuracy, key passes, interceptions, tackles won etc. should be taken much more into account. The way it is now, means that defensive midfielders gets significantly lower match ratings than other players.

There is something wrong with the keepers, I've conceded about 4 goals where the ball is lobbed only a few feet in front of my keep but he just stays in the same position when he could have easily got the ball but the attacker does. There also issues with crosses, full backs just let wingers run past them they dont even track and then no one from the defence attacks the ball. I've also had Aguero twice just run in a straight line from the half way line and no one on my team tries to tackle him?

It's got worse as well, was leading 1-0 at City in the 90th minute, Lescott lumped a ball forward which Dzeko flicked on from the edge of the box, the ball bounces pretty much inside the 6 yard box, but at no point does my keeper move to get it and tevez smashes it in from about 2 yards. Then Man City get a corner, all my guys including my keeper run out for some reason and Dzeko just puts it into an empty net from the near post. Basically been robbed of a great result by the match engine.

Seems to me there are issues with defenders and keepers attacking aerial balls in the box, they just don't react at all.

In general I like a lot of the new features, for example the ability to see the highlighted stats relevant for the different roles. Small changes I know, but they definately improve the overall gameplay.

However, there is one thing I had hoped would have been fixed for this years game and that is the players match ratings, which I believe is seriously flawed.

I'm not a regular on this forum, but I definately remember it being raised as a major issue for FM12. It just seems so undermining of the realism of the game that a player can have a very average game and then score a lucky goal from a corner and then be MOM. IMO assist and goals matters way too much, when a player's match rating is calculated. I think passing accuracy, key passes, interceptions, tackles won etc. should be taken much more into account. The way it is now, means that defensive midfielders gets significantly lower match ratings than other players.

This is something we do keep an eye on, but as with many aspects of the match engine it's a balance issue and can be easily swayed by changes elsewhere. If you have specific examples of matches where you feel a player rating is significantly out of keeping with his performance, please do provide them in the ME bugs forum. http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/296-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

I'm amazed to see all the issues a lot of folks are experiencing with FM13 Beta. My PC is 4 years old with an Intel Core 2 Quad processor,Nvidia 8600GTS 512 graphics card and 3Mb of memory currently running with Windows 8 Release Preview. Apart from the OS my rig is hardly state of the art yet FM13 runs perfectly with the 3D match screen running smoother than FM12 !!! I have no other display problems and run it with all settings maxed out. Yes I get the glitch where balls go through the net when some goals are scored but so far no other problems at all. Ok I hate the skin and SI should have offered a dark option but that will come as will all the other custom skins. I'm also pleased that all the FM12 mods like kits(2D and 3D),logos,facepacks,adboards,alternate match balls and soundpacks all work fine in FM13 ! Hopefully you guys will find the solutions printed on these pages and enjoy FM13 as much as I currently am ! Good luck.

Is there any problems in every copy in the beta not just bugs, because I dunno whether to start my main save? I'm talking balance issues not bugs, ? I heard about bad crosses and defending? is this noticable to only the most hardcore me guy, or is this noticible to relative novices? Is anyone noticing transfer issues?

I'm probably not what you'd consider a 'hardcore me guy'. I've always played the game at full speed on commentary only and I thought I always would but this version I've resorted to going one step further and simming matches just to get through the first season as quickly as possible, hopefully without getting sacked.

I'm currently managing Celtic to what will undoubtedly be their worst finish in the SPL in their entire history am out of all cups and all this despite the fact that in previous FM's I would usually end the first season with at least one trophy, so for the sake of my sanity and the welfare of my pc which I'm frankly on the verge of punting through my living room window I kind of hope defending is really really broken in the beta, coz if it's not I'm just horrifically bad at this years version of FM.:(

Hmm, anyone else having problems with the match engine lagging quite a lot? I have a late 2011 top spec Macbook Pro 15 inch (with 16gb ram upgrade) and it's still lagging up quite frequently. It's watchable, but it ruins the enjoyment. I've reverted to 2D and I quite like it - especially for the nostalgia - but ideally I'd like to use 3D again. I didn't have any issues at all with FM12's match engine...

Also, the crossing issue is a real pain, as many have mentioned. Will there be an updated beta released or will we have to wait for the official release before that is fixed? It's not quite a gamebreaker for me, but it's still a joke.

Overall I really like the game outside of the match engine though, it's great.

In the staff role video Miles talks about The head of scouting filtering through the other scouts reports, How do you do this in game?

You need to hire a Chief Scout if you don't already have one. Then go to the drop down next to the name of your club > Staff Responsibilities > Club tab. There's a box that says "Updates you on the players your scouts have found" change this to the name of your chief scout.

In fact looking at my game, you can ask your Director of Football to do it too but a Chief Scout would be better.

You need to hire a Chief Scout if you don't already have one. Then go to the drop down next to the name of your club > Staff Responsibilities > Club tab. There's a box that says "Updates you on the players your scouts have found" change this to the name of your chief scout.

In fact looking at my game, you can ask your Director of Football to do it too but a Chief Scout would be better.

Thats great, thanks mate!

Archived