*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8d37ceeabc5649629d781419a4336791.png

Argh! so annoying! even Messi is scoring headers! my defenders are no where near the ball!

Like against united in rome in CL final 2009. pure gold. little messi leaps above way taller CB's rio and vidic to ssh the mancs up? pure gold. thanks for the refresh on great memories. :D

I posted earlier saying I loved the subscription stuff - but I'd only scratched the tip of it. I had just seen all the options available in terms of subscription, and how much better that interface was.

But when you get a news article - and on the right side it lists "Why did you get this?" and also gives you the option to unsubscribe from that particular category? Absolutely fantastic.

As someone who uses subscriptions religiously - thank you.

When giovinvo is scoring headers like he's crouch you know something is wrong. I love the game but the crosses are way too overrated and almost all goals come from such plays. The defending and goalkeeping is shocking, it basically makes no difference if i play buffon or branescu as both are crap. Love everything new with the game like the loading screen, and most of the GUI, but the crossing/defending issue has forced me to stop playing the beta until im really bored and got nothing else to do. Hopefully you resolve these defensive issues but seeing as the game is released in less than 2 weeks i found the defending terrible and very frustrating. Normal matches included - a 6-0 over milan 5-3 at madrid, 6-4 at benfica 4-4 at pescara. These kind of results seem fun at first but makes you get over the game very quickly.

Hope you solve these issues, like i know you always do.

Cant wait till 2nd November, but till now I have to stop the beta

• Administrators
FMC: will we choose the number of championships for a country????For example when I select England I have 7 championships while I only play in the Premier League ....The game really are too slowThank you very much.Merci les gars.
That's not possible this version I'm afraid. We will review comments about the new game setup for future versions, possibly. Had a lot of feedback on this already - thanks for raising your views :)PS. It may be beneficial for you to run just one nation rather than 2 or 3, if you are finding the speed too "slow".

Is it possible to pin a shortcut for the game to my taskbar? It was possible for FM12 and FM11 but I can't see for the life of me how to do it for FM13.

When the game is running just right click on the FM13 icon in the taskbar and pin it. Is that what you meant?

He's getting 1.9k after tax, I didn't see how much he would get AT from my contract.

To me that sounds like it could be a bug, it might be worth raising it in the transfer and contracts bug forum: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/298-Transfers-Contracts-and-Responsibilities

Not sure if this is a bug or deliberately removed - I'm not getting any whistle or flag graphics when fouls or offsides are awarded as was present last year. Has this been deliberately removed or is it a bug?

EDIT - re above - graphics engine is certainly nicer. Match engine has been very, VERY poor for me so far. Awful defending, worse goalkeeping, ridiculous number of goals from crosses, etc etc. All reported elsewhere so hopefully dealt with by release day patch.

• SI Staff
Not sure if this is a bug or deliberately removed - I'm not getting any whistle or flag graphics when fouls or offsides are awarded as was present last year. Has this been deliberately removed or is it a bug?

The new match feed within a match now equips you with notifications. :)

Not sure if this has been mentioned as I haven't read all 13 pages. Playing as Farnborough, just got my 1st win with a 3-1 win. My first two goals were scored by my striker and then we got a penalty (a dubious decision but still). To my shock the striker on a hat-trick did not take the penalty.

Don't know that this is a bug as such since the striker's penalty taking rating is a mere 4 while my usual taker has a 14. Still, not something I have seen in previous versions.

How is that a bug? Finally in a close game your normal penalty taker will take the penalty and not the striker who is on a hattrick. Its been changed for this version, for the better, so why would you even consider this as a bug or problem?

• Administrators
Do these SI moderators even recognise the overpowered crossing because I havn't even seen one comment something along the lines of 'this is a known bug and we are working to fix it'?
If you can supply match engine examples with PKMs and times of incidence in the Match Engine bugs forum that would be great :thup:

How is that a bug? Finally in a close game your normal penalty taker will take the penalty and not the striker who is on a hattrick. Its been changed for this version, for the better, so why would you even consider this as a bug or problem?

That's why I said that I didn't know that this is a bug and I posted here and not in the Bugs forum. I was surprised and I thought it was worth mentioning.

Is this a known feature, then?

I have had a really good look around the game now. The GUI was a bit of a shock at first but I just spent an hour sorting it out so it is the way I want it. I found once I changed the interface from hover to click I found things a lot better. It just seemed to chaotic or like to much was going on with the Hover function. Now I only see what I want to see. Still don't like the players being greyed on the squad screen. In fact hate that. But the rest of the skin is awesome. I have found bugs (like the CD and Sweeper being overlayed in the team strength area) but all I have seen have been noted. I got to the point of playing pre-season games and was shocked by the level of the match engine. Everything I saw wrong with it has already been listed on this forum already. Amazed how the Match Engine is so bad compared to FM2012. No tackling, and crazy amount of goals from crosses at the back post. I was winning and losing games 4-3 and 3-2 all the time. I hope this can be fixed in two short weeks. Is it just me, or does the match engine always seem to start off so messed up each year? It never starts off better than the year before which is kinda what you would expect to happen. Like the Beta FM 2013 Match Engine should be better than the final Match Engine from FM 2012, and then get even better by the realease date. Why does it always regress to a mess that needs so much patching. And where do those Match Engine video's from the blogs come from, cos they don't seem to mirror what the Beta is showing us?

Overall, impressed with the Interface, very disapointed with the Match Engine. Won't start my long term save till the full game is out.

That's why I said that I didn't know that this is a bug and I posted here and not in the Bugs forum. I was surprised and I thought it was worth mentioning.

Is this a known feature, then?

That's cool, your tone suggested you might have seen it as a problem.

I think it is a known new feature, although not a big one, but I could have just made that up.

I have had a really good look around the game now. The GUI was a bit of a shock at first but I just spent an hour sorting it out so it is the way I want it. I found once I changed the interface from hover to click I found things a lot better. It just seemed to chaotic or like to much was going on with the Hover function. Now I only see what I want to see. Still don't like the players being greyed on the squad screen. In fact hate that. But the rest of the skin is awesome. I have found bugs (like the CD and Sweeper being overlayed in the team strength area) but all I have seen have been noted. I got to the point of playing pre-season games and was shocked by the level of the match engine. Everything I saw wrong with it has already been listed on this forum already. Amazed how the Match Engine is so bad compared to FM2012. No tackling, and crazy amount of goals from crosses at the back post. I was winning and losing games 4-3 and 3-2 all the time. I hope this can be fixed in two short weeks. Is it just me, or does the match engine always seem to start off so messed up each year? It never starts off better than the year before which is kinda what you would expect to happen. Like the Beta FM 2013 Match Engine should be better than the final Match Engine from FM 2012, and then get even better by the realease date. Why does it always regress to a mess that needs so much patching. And where do those Match Engine video's from the blogs come from, cos they don't seem to mirror what the Beta is showing us?

Overall, impressed with the Interface, very disapointed with the Match Engine. Won't start my long term save till the full game is out.

This actually make me laugh because i always felt the same. Even with FM2012 where the ME was almost the same as in FM2011. The first time i play FM2012 i thought "whoa... bring back FM2011 because this ME is really f**ked up".

Well, the important is that, it will get better. When the final version come out it will be better, and i'm sure after a patch or two it will be far better then the ME from FM2012.

Think this way... even the ME needs a pre season to shape up! :lol:

whenever i go to set obertan to a "individual training focus" to crossing on a "heavy" intensity it resets it to "average" and instead sets tim kruls to "heavy" ps witha bit of luck ill soon get rid of obertan as he is useless!!

I've noticed that when I go to a player's profile and set his training focus from there, it doesn't actually change his training focus. I actually have to go to the training menu to change his focus.

DOF seems very poor at selling players, basically just offers players out at the minimum value you set rather than working down towards that minimum value. Try it yourself with any world class player at something silly like 500k, that's all you'll be getting for him :D

The quantity of change was a little overwhelming at first, but after I've had a couple of hours playing around with it, I'm starting to get a feel for the new features and how I'm going to use them. Technically the game feels smoother than FM12, which is fantastic. Just to pick a couple of things, I like the new options for picking rotated squads, and the match preparation/training integration into the calendar really makes it clearer how those systems are going to tie into what your squad is doing.

The increased focus on player roles in the interface is a help, too. Haven't found anything I'm really unhappy with, although with a bit more time I'm sure I'll find things I can complain about.

• Administrators
Any ideas as to why my mouse scroll button will not work on FM 13?

Works on everything else including this forum?

Tried updating software and drivers but nothing new is found.

That's odd because it works fine for me. What resolution you running? Full Screen or Windowed?

As a avid full match viewer have to say some of the interchange within the game is quite brilliant indeed some of the football played is frankly very good.

The game has a more earthy feel to it like a game should maybe the defence and tackling need moulding but bye and large a great start to what is a game changing and in my opinion a great leap forward

Not sure if it has been brought up before but is it normal or has anybody else had blurred out players on the rail cam until they are involved in the action???? i have..

I only been on the game 2 hours and i can see the difference and just the match engine alone has been re moulded and done very well indeed just a few little details to go and that part of the game will be sorted.

For people finding it strange it is strange but in a good unfamiliar way i find it more supmersive as i like it to be even though many roles have been taken away.

Signing Alustiza has never been more fun

Cheers

As a avid full match viewer have to say some of the interchange within the game is quite brilliant indeed some of the football played is frankly very good.

Talking about full matches, I don't watch them, but it's nice to have an extra 'comprehensive' option in between the full match and extended. I can see myself using that plenty for really crucial matches.

Archived