*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any reason why the FMC is only available with three playable leagues? Tested the beta last night and I love the feel of FMC as it cuts out all the repetitive stuff from the classic mode, but just three leagues playable isn't really enough. I usually play with nine or ten.

No that's how it's supposed to look. Players who are not selected will show up 'grey' - this is so it's easier to distinguish between selected and unselected players. Try it and see what you think.

ok cool i guess its working as designed, that change kinda caught me off guard there :o

There's a tutorial if you go to 'New Game' -> 'Tutorial' and failing that we're hoping to have the updated manual released soon. Thanks.

Must admit I was finding the new training set up a big leap from the old ways and struggling to get my head round it, but that tutorial has helped alot. Never had to use a tutorial on FM before, but thanks for that.

There still seems to be some problems with 'board confidence'. I took over as manager of Chester in the Blue Square Bet North in November. They were 16th after being predicted as winners.

Granted, I haven't done excellently but I have taken the club up to 12th and my record so far is: Played 17, Won 8, Drawn 6, Lost 3. That's not title winning form but much, much better than when I took them over. Board confidence is at 'very insecure' and they are very disappointing with the club's showing in the league. So I'm going to get sacked because the previous manager didn't win enough games?

How does that make sense?

• Administrators
There still seems to be some problems with 'board confidence'. I took over as manager of Chester in the Blue Square Bet North in November. They were 16th after being predicted as winners.

Granted, I haven't done excellently but I have taken the club up to 12th and my record so far is: Played 17, Won 8, Drawn 6, Lost 3. That's not title winning form but much, much better than when I took them over. Board confidence is at 'very insecure' and they are very disappointing with the club's showing in the league. So I'm going to get sacked because the previous manager didn't win enough games?

How does that make sense?

Would be worth raising in the bugs forum - also if you had a save just before you took over and another now that'd be very useful. Bugs forums can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/305-All-Other-Issues

• Administrators
In FMC, is there a reason why when I ask Graham Carr to scout for new talent he only scouts England, Scotland and Ireland?
This may depend on your game setup, but I could do with looking at your save. Could you report this in the FMC bugs forum please?

• Administrators
Any reason why the FMC is only available with three playable leagues? Tested the beta last night and I love the feel of FMC as it cuts out all the repetitive stuff from the classic mode, but just three leagues playable isn't really enough. I usually play with nine or ten.
it's intentional to enable a quicker gameplay experience.

• Administrators
Can anyone point out where staff responsibilities are on FMC?
they aren't. It's automated so you have full control. Assistant arranges friendlies and controls reserves. Your DoF will take charge of transfers given to him on the Development, Transfer Targets and Unwanted Lists.

• Administrators
I can't seem to choose where my scout goes either. Is it not possible?If not, with all the advantages of FMC, it will make the gamemode pointless.
It's simplified so it's "find me a player" that you don't know about, or one you want to know more about (known talent). Hope that helps.

they aren't. It's automated so you have full control. Assistant arranges friendlies and controls reserves. Your DoF will take charge of transfers given to him on the Development, Transfer Targets and Unwanted Lists.

So I can't tell my scout what part of the world to go? Can I only tell him to look for current or future players and next opposition?

Enjoying the game so far, it's a little annoying finding where everything is again but the interface does seem far more snappy and less clunky than previous versions. Ohh and the Liverpool chairman just gave me more money for some reason so that's always cool.

woohoo.png

• Administrators
So I can't tell my scout what part of the world to go? Can I only tell him to look for current or future players and next opposition?
No - the scout should be going where there are players to return you results. This will depend on your club's scouting restrictions. So there's "Known Talent", "New Talent", and "Next Opposition".

daddy please give me two threads! What good is it to have someone reading through this thread, seeing this exchange I have quoted, with no mention of the fact it is only relevant to FMC! beyond stupid

Originally Posted by jed300

Lucas Weatherby - No - the scout should be going where there are players to return you results. This will depend on your club's scouting restrictions. So there's "Known Talent", "New Talent", and "Next Opposition".

It's simplified so it's "find me a player" that you don't know about, or one you want to know more about (known talent). Hope that helps.

Are you kidding!? I was so excited about FMC (I have not played full FM for a couple of years because of the time it takes) and now I cannot do the following things which were fundamental to old FM's/CM's:

Classic Tactics

Scouting specific and multiple regions

Train new positions for players

Not being able to view any information finances beyond balance, transfer budget and wage budget

It's a shame but I'm seriously going to have to consider cancelling my order.

How can you call this classic FM when in fact it is nothing like the classic older games? Isn't the whole point of FMC to concentrate on tactics, transfers and matches? You have gotten rid of the most exciting part of the game; scouting the farthest regens for that regen that will be a world beater. FMC is actually like a childs version of the games, not a classic version.

People should know these limitations before purchasing the game. The way you branded FMC is completely different to how it is.

The way you branded FMC is completely different to how it is.

true dat

Although only in name, not in the descriptions they gave of it, which were quite clear. I am a bit confused by people wanting to play the slimmed down game then being angry that it is slimmed down

However, The name is almost as if it is created to mislead people

true dat

Although only in name, not in the descriptions they gave of it, which were quite clear. I am a bit confused by people wanting to play the slimmed down game then being angry that it is slimmed down

However, The name is almost as if it is created to mislead people

So you think people should have expected you cant view finances beyond just the budgets? That you cant use classic tactics? That you cant scout the regions you want to scout? And that players cant be trained to new positions?

You agreed with me that by the name it is branded as classic, but all those features I have stated above have been in the game for many years.

The things above are not slimming the game down, they are giving less options to the user to make a more child friendly game. This is not what SI branded the game as.

SI have removed things from FM to make FMC run as quickly and and smoothly as possible. To make that happen there was always going to have to be compromises made by us and the way in which we play and you named most of them in your post.

You could always play full FM and use every option availible to get the DoF and ass man to do everything that you don't like. The game won't be as quick as FMC, but that is the compromise we have to make. But at least SI have given us the choice to either use FMC, full FM with all DoF and ass man assistance or full FM and we do everything.

It's good that the scout in FMC is still limited to the scouting range, I wa worried that he would try to scout worldwide even if I was playing in the BSS/BSN

So you think people should have expected you cant view finances beyond just the budgets? That you cant use classic tactics? That you cant scout the regions you want to scout? And that players cant be trained to new positions?

You agreed with me that by the name it is branded as classic, but all those features I have stated above have been in the game for many years.

The things above are not slimming the game down, they are giving less options to the user to make a more child friendly game. This is not what SI branded the game as.

Again you are moaning that it's "not slimmed down".

In reality it is slimmed down, they did take out a lot of bloat, they just seem to have taken out a lot of the things you wanted to use (which are luckily still there for you in full fat FM13)

Lets not pretend that the people wanting to play FMC are the type that would spend hours pouring over the financial screens ( which were only detailed enough to spend 10s looking at anyway) , that anyone used their scouts to find good regens (when they could just sort 16 year olds by value on regen day / use a 3rd party app)

If you don't like it thats fine, but they made it perfectly clear in the run up to Beta that FMC was pretty much the handheld versions done on PC.

Yeh I agree they misbranded it by giving it a misleading name, but in the press releases they gave enough info to lead most people to suggest it would be crap for everyone not wanting to just, as someone else said, watch someone else play.

I completely agree with the above poster, you should try the full game, and then set the DoF and other staff to do lots of things for you, should be much quicker.

If you only selected and FMC-esque amount of leagues it should fly by.

TL;DR - FMC is for children, Full FM caters to all needs and is great

Hello,

Posting this again as ive yet to receive the code or an answer here:

Im the guy from denmark who wanted to order from cdwow, but since i couldnt figure out if they were part of the deal with the beta I decided to order from Thehut (which should be part of the deal). Unfortunately I didnt receive the code from them - Is it sent automatically or how do I get it and when can I expect it.

Hope for a quick reply as I really wanna play, but if I dont get the code tonight I might as well go to sleep ...

I think the DoF needs some improvement in the personal chat area. All the chat features are shown as him being a coach so are greyed out (bug?). It should have the option of speaking to decide on areas of the squad that need improving so he can find suitable players for the role. I have tasked him to do all the transfer buisness as a bit of an experiment to see what he brings to the table. Started as Everton and the first signing is a right winger when we already have 7 players capable of playing on the right wing. I want to be able to say to him we need a right back rather than have to scout and add them to the transfer targets list. I'm going to leave him to it for a few seasons to continue the experiment to see if he identifies where the squad needs improving over time.

Hello,

Posting this again as ive yet to receive the code or an answer here:

Im the guy from denmark who wanted to order from cdwow, but since i couldnt figure out if they were part of the deal with the beta I decided to order from Thehut (which should be part of the deal). Unfortunately I didnt receive the code from them - Is it sent automatically or how do I get it and when can I expect it.

Hope for a quick reply as I really wanna play, but if I dont get the code tonight I might as well go to sleep ...

If you haven't received your code yet contact Thehut, SI can't do anything to help you.

I signed a player on FMC and when you get the unveiling of the player at a press conference I only had to answer 1 question which I really liked as on fm12 I remember having to answer about 7 questions when I revealed my new player to the press which was to long

Is it better on the full mode now or was it because I was playing fmc?

cheers

So what's up with the sudden skin color change in the pre-match screens. We got nice bright, white skin and suddenly BAM!, you're thrown into this super dark/black version of it. Is that intentional?

2m2u8wi.jpg

Also, is there a player description in FM13 like in FM12 - I mean like 'tenacious midfielder', 'wonderkind'? There is nothing like that in Personal Information of a player.

• Administrators
I signed a player on FMC and when you get the unveiling of the player at a press conference I only had to answer 1 question which I really liked as on fm12 I remember having to answer about 7 questions when I revealed my new player to the press which was to long

Is it better on the full mode now or was it because I was playing fmc?

cheers

This feature is FMC only :)

• Administrators
Are you kidding!? I was so excited about FMC (I have not played full FM for a couple of years because of the time it takes) and now I cannot do the following things which were fundamental to old FM's/CM's:

Classic Tactics

Scouting specific and multiple regions

Train new positions for players

Not being able to view any information finances beyond balance, transfer budget and wage budget

It's a shame but I'm seriously going to have to consider cancelling my order.

How can you call this classic FM when in fact it is nothing like the classic older games? Isn't the whole point of FMC to concentrate on tactics, transfers and matches? You have gotten rid of the most exciting part of the game; scouting the farthest regens for that regen that will be a world beater. FMC is actually like a childs version of the games, not a classic version.

People should know these limitations before purchasing the game. The way you branded FMC is completely different to how it is.

I think it's already been covered why Classic Tactics aren't supported, and not least because it takes away from the 'quicker' gameplay.

Scouting - if you are having issues please report them. We will take feedback on board for future versions, but it's supposed to be a smarter way to find players so that you aren't scouting reasons that don't have players to return in the scout reports.

Train new positions - just play a player in that position, he will learn it.

Finances information - the idea is to give only whats important for the manager day-to-day, you will still get feedback on your finances on a monthly basis.

Archived