*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just want to say that I think the skin is absolutely dreadful - sorry guys. I've tried it and I've given my eyes a rest and went back to it and it's like I'm staring into a pair of headlights - it's so bad that I'm unable to play. Hopefully the skin gurus get work done fast.

You're unable to play due to the skin?? Find that hard to believe.

I personally love the new skin.

You're unable to play due to the skin?? Find that hard to believe.

I personally love the new skin.

The FMC skin is ok.

The "new white skin" for normal FM is absoulty just as bad as it has been for the last 2 or 3 years. Its hardly any different. Its an absolute abomination for people that play with modern monitors of 1080+

Add the FMC skin as an option for normal FM mode at the VERY LEAST. Other wise give us a dark or "classic fm2007" skin. (Please :) )

Well that's me off to bed. Unable to play a game i've paid for. Fobbed off by S.I. No sign of any contact from Steam. No obvious prospect of getting things resolved. Still no sign of FM 13 in my steam library. Furious doesn't nearly cover it. Think this will be the last FM I buy while steam has anything to do with it. Night folks.

• Administrators
Well that's me off to bed. Unable to play a game i've paid for. Fobbed off by S.I. No sign of any contact from Steam. No obvious prospect of getting things resolved. Still no sign of FM 13 in my steam library. Furious doesn't nearly cover it. Think this will be the last FM I buy while steam has anything to do with it. Night folks.

I don't quite know how we've fobbed you off, we've tried to help as much as we can but I'm afraid it's an issue you have to take up with the retailer and I'm afraid there isn't anything we can do about it.

QWERTY, you can't blame SI for the game not appearing in your steam library. That'd be like complaining to the farmer that the meal you got served in a restaurant didn't arrive on time.

Has anyone had any issues with team talks? Past two games now my responses have resulted in some of the players becoming 'furious'I wasn't even being critical, I was applauding them for coming back to draw against Anderlecht and the body language of two of my players changed to "looking furious"

I don't quite know how we've fobbed you off, we've tried to help as much as we can but I'm afraid it's an issue you have to take up with the retailer and I'm afraid there isn't anything we can do about it.

I'm clearly not the only person with this issue. Shouldn't you lot be doing your utmost to find out from steam yourselves what this issue is that is clearly not just affecting me?

Customer service.

I sacked my Assistant Manager and his role was taken up by the U18 Assistant Manager automatically (but without the title of "Assistant Manager"). Is that right? If so... handy!

I sacked mine too, it does say if you don't have an Assistant Manager the Senior member of the Coaching staff takes over his role until it is filled. So it could be the Under 18 manager, it could be a GK coach.

I'm clearly not the only person with this issue. Shouldn't you lot be doing your utmost to find out from steam yourselves what this issue is that is clearly not just affecting me?

Customer service.

Well to be honest, it is the retailer who said they would send out the code so take it up with them. Plus, with everything SI will have to sort out in terms of issues following the release of beta, they will be pretty bloated with work.

To blame a skin which has always been there for the reason not to play is rather amusing I must say.

The skin is fine if you play with a 1024x768 or anything smaller than 1080p

The text does not scale properly. I play at 1920x1080 and the text goes SO small and its not bold enough either, add to the fact its white just makes it even worse at these resolutions, and it really does acctualy become unplayable for a lot of people.

They need to rehire the people that did the skins for FM2007 and older.

Or at least sack what ever numpty had the bright idea that they would only add a white skin to 2013!

The FMC skin seems to acctualy work A LOT better. Why on earth they decided you cant use this skin for proper FM i dont think we will ever know.

They seem to just ignore people and are so stubborn to think that the white skin is the only one worth using when they are being told right left and centre its gone on for too long and its about time who ever pushing the white skin tiny text rubbish should prehapes swallow their pride.

I really hate sounding so insulting, because I really do love your games and have done every year since CM2. But it really is starting to get very frustrating now when the game costs 30quid and times are hard..

Customer service.

Steam works for millions of people everyday for thousands of games, it not appearing in your library is probably down to your incompetences, it's SI or Sega's fault at all.

Ive just started as Sunderland and i have found a problem with the transfer budget, i agreed with the board that id have 1.5m. On the boardroom screen where you can adjust wage budget it says i have 1.5m but when i bid for players it says i have 0. It wont let me alter it ether despite having 150k free in the wage budget.

Since the bug forums are still for FM2012, I'll go here:

Damn you guys! Last year I've complained that when I take a job at a club that has a playing assistant manager (contract type Player/Assistant Manager) I can't just change his contract to player, but have to mutual terminate it. Geez, in FM2013 I can't even do that, because the board deems him a key player and blocks the contract termination. So I'm stuck with this inept Assistant manager, instead of hiring one of my liking. I'm playing Boreham Wood in BSS.

I'm supposed to be able to get rid of old staff when I take a new job, but I can't!

Should there be a loading bar on this screen. It is has been like this for 58 minutes, not responding then responding.

fm13.png

An hour and counting to start a game with 4 leagues, I could start 3 FM2012 games with 45 leagues loaded in that time

I get this problem too. Really slow processing.

• Administrators
Should there be a loading bar on this screen. It is has been like this for 58 minutes, not responding then responding.

fm13.png

An hour and counting to start a game with 4 leagues, I could start 3 FM2012 games with 45 leagues loaded in that time

Look at your performance and game speed - it's half a star, of the course the game isn't going to be able to run. There's no way you'll be able to run a game at any speed with half a star performance, especially if you've selected a large db.

• Administrators
is it normal that fm13 installs 2 separate "Sports Interactive" folders in my documents folder? my previous fm games did this as well

Yeah one is public and one is for the user. It's supposed to do that, the folders contain different things.

I have a quick fix for all those complaining about the brightness of the white skin - wear sunglasses. I have a monitor with 2560x1440 resolution and I have literally been playing for the last two hours whilst wearing my sunnies. You guys haven't made a decent white skin for a very long time!

P.S. I love the game <3

Archived