*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anyway of turning down the brightness and increasing fontsizes as I'm finding it unplayable as it is, and 15 mins in I've a pounding migraine? Please don't suggest adjusting the monitor as thats been calibrated for all my other software - I use in-game settings to make adjustments but can't find any in FM preferences.

Also should note you can resize the popup so you could see more items without scrolling.

How do I do this please? Have checked the help file but cannot find that specific instruction.

thanks

K

Place your cursor at the bottom border of the popup - its appearance will change to indicate the ability to resize has become active.

My FMC game has crashed twice. Got 3 games in the first time and crashed when I tried to make a sub. Got 5 games second time and crashed when I pressed tactics during the match. Haven't seen other people reporting crashes.

• SI Staff
My FMC game has crashed twice. Got 3 games in the first time and crashed when I tried to make a sub. Got 5 games second time and crashed when I pressed tactics during the match. Haven't seen other people reporting crashes.

Please try switching Rendering mode. This can be done in the preferences under 'Interface -> Interface Rendering Mode.'

Change from GPU Assisted to Software.

If you cannot access your preferences you can do this by pressing:

ALT + SHIFT + F10 all at the same time.

Let me know if this helps.

Havent seen that yet. I tried it on a couple of crappy players from crappy leagues and all just said no. They were bad even for BSS though. In real life they would gladly say yes to any club that is actually willing to pay them to play. Especially since wages in BSS are higher than in many poor countries. (ok so is the cost of living but in the end they would be in a far better position than if they stayed at home)

No, they really, really wouldn't

• Administrators
are the social network features activated in the beta version i have tried to log in to my twitter account but it doesnt seem to activate
No they are not I'm afraid.

What I don't get is why there isnt a dark skin for starters. And why the FMC skin cannot be used for normal FM ?

The new FMC skin is acctualy playable and a damn sight better than the "white" skin. But you cannot pick it if you play in normal FM mode!!! What the ??

Seriously who actually makes these kind of decisions over at SI. It is mind boggling to say the least.

There are some bugs that I noticed during the game.

The first one is, although I chose yearly wage, I keep seeing the weekly wages. This is from the home screen.

10sbq4o.png

Second one is, on the tactic creator, it is really hard to select the options and I think their boundries should be redefined so that every section of that small circle can be clicked. I can't click to that when the mouse is over it. I can't get a screen shot, because I don't know how to show mouse cursor on the screen when taking screenshots.

Can you please post both these issues separately at http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/299-User-Interface?

Got a problem with the game when i ALT + TAB out of my game and onto my desktop. It worked a few times and this time it basically makes my screen flash constantly and i can't get back onto the game. It also forces you not to go onto any other program without end tasking the game. Brilliant other than that! :)

• Administrators
Is anyone suffering delayed action when you click something?
If you are can you try this in software rendering, and if still an issue can you log this in the relevant mode's UI forum in the bugs area please (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/291-Football-Manager-2013-Pre-Release-Beta-Bugs-Forum), thanks.

Please try switching Rendering mode. This can be done in the preferences under 'Interface -> Interface Rendering Mode.'

Change from GPU Assisted to Software.

If you cannot access your preferences you can do this by pressing:

ALT + SHIFT + F10 all at the same time.

Let me know if this helps.

No luck Michael. Crashed in the first game. I can still move mouse but game is just frozen :(

• Administrators
Not liking that when the game is processing I can't see how long it will take, oh and did I mention the horrible white skin with tiny font?

Yes you've mentioned it dazbowski, so no need to become a broken record :)

What a shame that the game is still unplayable on laptop with 1920x1080 resolution (mainly because of the font size). How many more years should we wait for HD skin?

This + 1million

How many more years will it take for them to realise not everyone uses 17" 1024x768 anymore!

And guess what. People actually LIKE a dark skin! Yes i know its amazing right ! I know its hard to believe but a lot of people detest the white skin.

There are some bugs that I noticed during the game.

The first one is, although I chose yearly wage, I keep seeing the weekly wages. This is from the home screen.

10sbq4o.png

Note to SI: This has been the case forever!!! And I personally remember it was reported!

Contact Steam.

There are problems of some sort with Steam every single year. I've paid for a product that i'm not being allowed access to. Absolutely ridiculous.

All you seem to be able to do with steam is send them a message. No hint of how long they'll take to get back to me. If I don't get access to the beta in the next two weeks, I'll be looking to get my money back. Utter shambles.

Got a problem with the game when i ALT + TAB out of my game and onto my desktop. It worked a few times and this time it basically makes my screen flash constantly and i can't get back onto the game. It also forces you not to go onto any other program without end tasking the game. Brilliant other than that! :)

Can you please post this to http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/299-User-Interface so we can look into the issue further?

• Administrators
I am having a problem when it comes to negotiating for players over 48 months, I offered 15m for a player they wanted 15m over 48 months and 5m upfront so I up'd it 20m over 48 months, they then ask for 20m over 48 months and 5m upfront, is this an error ?

So just to clarify, they wanted £15m over 48 + £5m

So you offered £20m over 48 months

Then they asked for £20m over 48 + £5m?

Clubs are much more likely to drive a hard bargain if a team is trying to sign over 48months so that makes sense, just the negotiation looks a tiny bit off.

Archived