*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After playing for a few hrs the game for me at least, looks/runs better, and feels more solid all round. I can't put my finger on it, but I feel more like a football manager in this game than any of the previous versions. Kudos to the SI team, you guys really outdid yourself this time.

I really hate the fact that instant result doesnt let you pick the team. Kind of makes the feature ridiculous and basically is game breaking for me personally. Great game as always but I only got it for the classic mode because I cba with the BS that the normal game has become with about 1000 small boring tasks.

Classic mode is great but not letting me pick the team and get an instant result is frustrating. Unless I am doing it wrong? I say "Settle for a draw" and the assistant changes my team? Whats that about. I just want to pick the team and want him to just make the appropiate subs to settle for the draw.

ALL of the oppositions goals on me are coming from crosses. Either their players cross it in and it goes to feet and gets banged in OR they cross it in and it's scored off of a header. I don't know if the AI doesn't allow defenders to properly position or what.

Is it possible now that match prep has been fixed and you have to spend time on defending and attacking set pieces?

• Administrators
ALL of the oppositions goals on me are coming from crosses. Either their players cross it in and it goes to feet and gets banged in OR they cross it in and it's scored off of a header. I don't know if the AI doesn't allow defenders to properly position or what.

Is it possible now that match prep has been fixed and you have to spend time on defending and attacking set pieces?

What formation are you playing? Are you defending the flanks? Are you playing narrow or with width?

• SI Staff
I really hate the fact that instant result doesnt let you pick the team. Kind of makes the feature ridiculous and basically is game breaking for me personally. Great game as always but I only got it for the classic mode because I cba with the BS that the normal game has become with about 1000 small boring tasks.

Classic mode is great but not letting me pick the team and get an instant result is frustrating. Unless I am doing it wrong? I say "Settle for a draw" and the assistant changes my team? Whats that about. I just want to pick the team and want him to just make the appropiate subs to settle for the draw.

I believe this is an error in the beta, should work in the full game.

Training schedule is confusing me, are my players all doing the same training? So far I am just guessing, Cant get the assistent to take over that part. He offers to take care of match training. My Youth players seen to perform as well as my superstars with Inter. Will need a few days to see if this continous??

Just wanted to say, that dispite the fact that my laptop's a piece of ****, this game's brilliant. Minor bugs like the mouse button not clicking in the right spot and stuff, i'm having so much fun with it. I'm also motivated on this game, rather than 2012. I haven't even seen many bad bugs, just stuff here and there. I played for about 4 hours straight this morning and didn't even get into the regular season yet. Brilliant job gents.

• Administrators
Game has crashed on me twice already. Seems to happen when my team or the opponent score during a match. :(

You on a Mac or PC? Have you tried this? - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319088-*Official*-Football-Manager-2013-Pre-Order-Beta-FAQ?p=8166778&viewfull=1#post8166778

I have found out that if you manage a nPower Champ - League 2 and a country at the same time you have to manage 2 matches in the same day regardless of where they are being played. I have to play Southend at 19:45 then somehow manage England in Portgual at 19:45

Backing up Neil, I'd suggest this is a tactical issue on your part. I have the shortest back-four in my league, yet can defend crosses relatively comfortably by pushing the back-line high and narrow, then OIing the opposition's wingers (tight, heavy, wrong foot). The back-four have excellent positioning, acceleration and pace, so the higher line / narrow width supports their strengths (they are in good positions and can get out to cover space quickly), while covering their weakness by stopping crosses being hit into wide open, deep space without the winger being challenged.

Thus far, it works like a charm.

Backing up Neil, I'd suggest this is a tactical issue on your part. I have the shortest back-four in my league, yet can defend crosses relatively comfortably by pushing the back-line high and narrow, then OIing the opposition's wingers (tight, heavy, wrong foot). The back-four have excellent positioning, acceleration and pace, so the higher line / narrow width supports their strengths (they are in good positions and can get out to cover space quickly), while covering their weakness by stopping crosses being hit into wide open, deep space without the winger being challenged.

Thus far, it works like a charm.

How are the tactics working in general with the changed ME? Or is it much the same?

How are the tactics working in general with the changed ME? Or is it much the same?

Will depend on your historical method. I'd suspect that if you relied on exploits, you might be struggling, whereas if you followed a more logical, holistic approach, you won't find any difference.

Will depend on your historical method. I'd suspect that if you relied on exploits, you might be struggling, whereas if you followed a more logical, holistic approach, you won't find any difference.

I'll still struggle with my logical tactics then. ;)

Just started the game and its looking great. One thing I have come across, signed a player in pre-season and I can't play him because he was not part of the pre-season camp squad. That needs to be changed?

To to your squad screen, find the registration tab and click on there.

You can add him to the camp.

Just started the game and its looking great. One thing I have come across, signed a player in pre-season and I can't play him because he was not part of the pre-season camp squad. That needs to be changed?

you can add new signings to the pre season squad. I bought Andrea Ayew and added him for my Liverpool save.

PS. 3mil transfer budget for liverpool... common! lol

I haven't had any problems so far, only concern i have is on FM12 on the game details part my game estimated speed was 4.5 stars out of 5 with all the English leagues running, on the beta its down to 0.5 stars out of 5. I was expecting a small drop to maybe 4 stars but wasn't expecting that much of a drop.

Still no wide 4-2-3-1 formation in the tactics creator?

4-2-3-1 Wide

--------GK--------

DR---DC---DC---DL

----CM----CM----

AMR---AMC---AML

-------STC-------

A narrow 4-2-3-1 is available with three AMC's but you failed to include the common version with wide forwards.

The 4-2-3-1 deep is close. It has the front 4 in the correct positions but uses two DCM's.

Please add this formation.

Also having the problem with conceding via a winger ghosting past my full back like hes running in sand and putting in a cross that my defenders just watch as the attacker just pokes it in. I've just lost 5-1 and 5-3 in two of my first three games with about 80% of the goals coming from the a simple ball in.

Also having the problem with conceding via a winger ghosting past my full back like hes running in sand and putting in a cross that my defenders just watch as the attacker just pokes it in. I've just lost 5-1 and 5-3 in two of my first three games with about 80% of the goals coming from the a simple ball in.

That's how most of my goals seem to happen

Didn't work. Does it look like this for anyone else: 2lthxqq.jpg
yep it started out that way but now some of the dark lines got a bit lighter. which is confusing because i've seen someone else post a screenshot in this thread who had this and someone else who doesnt

For anyone who likes the FMC skin over "normal" FM, someone's managed to convert it: http://forum.fm-view.net/topic/15507-fmc-skin-for-fm13/

No idea if it works, I don't have the game yet.

Loving this skin. Should be automatically included with career mode as well as classic. This may be the first time ever that I don't use a custom skin. Thanks for posting the link.

This, my wingers are scoring 2 a game, all back post against the full back.

Im playing as Arsenal

I play short passing, slow build up play in a 4-2-3-1, except Walcott, who is on the right, everyone is told to cross rarely.

I am 5 games in, practically all of my 15 goals have come from crosses

Neymar has a few headed goals for me!

Thought id mention this as I saw someone highlight the amount of cross based goals earlier

I've been playing for the past 6-7 hours (I think) and must say FMC has restored my enjoyment of FM. I can breeze through matches in no time, the ME is the most realistic so far (that's not to say it's perfect), I don't have to faff about with interaction mini-games, I can set up training in seconds, I can add players to lists and have my DoF handle things, and best of all I've encountered no bugs thus far. It reminds me of older versions where things were just simple and straight forward, except it feels modern.

Your opinion carries weight with me, Smurf - so that gladdens me no end. Good to hear. Finding time to to progress through seasons of FM has proven difficult for the past couple of versions.

Only got as far as downloading and quickly running the game once before rushing out the door to work ('ooh, fancy new menu screen!'). Today is going slowly...

The tone ordering on menus being changed is really annoying ... after having given 1000s of them I've built up quite a muscle memory and I hope for the final release it will be changed back the way it was.

Archived