ri916's FM13 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

Will do! Hang in there about 37 seasons :D

i really do hate Barca almost as much as SMBs well i am in to my 8th season now in league 1 currently 11th couple of things are weird Portsmouth are in Blue square south and Bolton are in League 1 :lol:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we'll see, but I'm well known for being a late bloomer on these challenges--in the Euro challenge, I've tried twice (Zamora and Algeciras), and twice I've gotten to La Liga but nothing else, both times around the late 2020s. Let's see where I Get with this one, which is even harder lol

Maybe be the best Intake i have ever had

KetteringTownYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers.png

The kind of intake you dream of. Congrats toon :thup:

Looks like a) your fullback situation is taken care of for a few seasons / divisions and b) let the Wall / Fuff and Robinson / Kirby deathmatches begin! :)

The two that stand out for me from the limited information available are Redmond and Radford.

Love to see a winger come through and their best role is Defensive Winger. Usually suggests good fundementals, and you can train up the more skillful pure winger attributes if needed / desired

And a Sweeper Keeper suggests a pacier GK, which GK often lack and obviously you can train up the GK specific attributes.

Cheers braumiller problem is iv already got a 3 1/2 star ability rb whos only 18 so the fight is on for LB, as for winger im blessed at rw so will change Redmond to a lw but i was obviously i am very happy with my intake could of done with a DC though but is that me being greedy

FC United Of Manchester-Fifteen Seasons On

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJUqAAuvEGAAeVHJHQOeUIf2Z2fh5AWLfU09wXT7_pwICCZYPPfLh66ovS

Part Two

The BSP Years(2017-2020)

It only took us three seasons to make the jump up into the Football League, as we overachieved in each of them to earn the title by 2020

History Making Games

FC United 0-0 Kettering (Aug. 8th, 2017)

Our first game in the BSP was positive as we managed a clean sheet against a team that would end up winning the play-offs.

Sutton Utd. 2-2 FC United(March. 13th, 2018)

A Leon Thorne brace guaranteed our survival as we got the point we needed to mathematically assure our survival.

Bath 2-2 FC United (Apr. 18th, 2020)

Another important Leon Thorne brace as the point secured us not only promotion but the BSP title as well in the last game of the season.

Landmark Moments

Declan Rowlands's First Goal(November 15th, 2017)

Rowlands scored his first goal to give us a point away against Hereford in our first BSP season. He has scored 25 more goals in over 400 appearances.

Johny O'Connor's First Goal(January 9th, 2018)

A header, just like I expected, opened his account for the club. One that would preceded a grant total of 116 goals for the club, making him the second highest goal-scorer for the club to date.

First Youth Players To Win Fans' Player Of The Year

Rowland's strength at the back earned him the Player of The Year award in 2018/19 while Leon Thorne won it in our promotion season (2019/20)

Non Tagged Careers

Now, I will identify, intake by intake, the players who continue to play in 2028 from the intakes from our time in the BSP and how their careers have shaped out.

2018 Youth Intake(5)

David Barlow is he only non-tagged to keep playing from Watkins' intake. A creative midfielder by nature, he played 9 matches for FC United over three years before being released. He then spent 7 seasons at lower league club Loughborough University, making 273 appearances, scoring 23 goals and making 23 assists. This season, he moved, on a free transfer to BSN club Redditch, where he has made 16 appearances, scoring 2 goals.

2019 Youth Intake(6)

This intake was not promising on paper, yet they are the intake with the most players still playing so far. The first player is center-back Zak Byrne. Byrne spent seven seasons at FC United, mostly acting as back-up and even managing 30 league appearances in a single League One season. Overall, he played 90 games for the club, scoring 5 goals. He then moved on a free transfer to Newport County, then in the BSS and was back-up in his first season, when the club got relegated. However, he became a starter in the 7th division and led the team to immediate promotion, as well as being a vital part of the team in the last 2 seasons that has achieved 2 mid-table positions. His center-back pairing in the youth team, Steve Manning, is also having a career, although not as successful. Manning played one game during his 3 years at FC United before being released. He moved to lower league club Belper Town for 2 seasons, making 67 appearances and scoring 7 goals. In the 2023 summer window, he joined Matlock Town, another lower league team, making 101 appearances and scoring 5 goals over 3 seasons. In 2026, he moved to Ashton United, were he has spent three seasons so far, making 105 appearances and scoring 5 goals. Uche Carter, a striker, is also playing in 2028. He made 3 appearances over four years at FC United, scoring just one goal before being released. He then moved to Gresley, where he scored 37 goals in 97 appearances for the club over years. He then joined Daventry, were he only made 21 appearances over 2 years, but still scored 12 goals. He joined AFC Sudbury in 2027, and has scored 20 goals in 68 appearances for the club so far.

2020 Youth Intake(7)

Lots of players from this intake are still playing, and, most notably, one of the non-tagged players is still at the club! But we will get to that later.Greg Wilson is a striker who was part of the FC United first team in our three League One seasons, scoring 15 goals in 73 appearances. When he was released, he moved to Irish Premier Division side Cork City, where he spent 2 seasons scoring 5 goals in 39 appearances over 2 years. He then joined Bath City and spent 2 years there, earning promotion to the BSP in the first and getting relegated in the second. He moved to to Eastleigh (BSP) in the summer, but looks set to suffer a second consecutive relegation. There were four goal-keepers in this intake and all had careers after wards, but only one of them is still playing in 2028: Arthur Furber. He didn't make a single appearance at FC United before being released. Then, he joined BSN side Bedford Town but the team was relegated that same season. Furber, however, remained with the club and is the undisputed starter after 6 seasons at the club and 178 appearances. And now, time for the first non-tagged player to still be part of the club: Jason Broad. Jason had a terrible potential according to my assistant in the intake, but he destroyed opposition defenses for the U-18's and his potential ability seemed to increase in my Assitant's eye. It took him 6 seasons to score his first goal for the club in what was his 5th game. He has only scored 16 goals overall in 68 games, but he has been a very capable back-up for the team as he can also play as a MC. And the last player from our BSP years to still be playing: David Lythe. He has spent his whole career in the lower leagues with Ashton Utd (2 years, 70 apps, 15 goals), Marine (3 years,76 apps, 14 goals), and Guiseley (2 years, 44 apps, 11 goals) after not making a single appearance for FC United.

Took me longer than expected, but here us the second part of FC United's history :p

FC United Of Manchester-2028/2029

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJUqAAuvEGAAeVHJHQOeUIf2Z2fh5AWLfU09wXT7_pwICCZYPPfLh66ovS

League Table | Squad 1 | Squad 2 | Finances | Facilities | Transfers(No Cheating!)

nPower Championship-1st-Past Positions

I knew this was the season before even playing the first pre-season match. We had come close twice already, and the team continued to improve. The 'old gang' was starting to give way to the new generation of players and I was confident we would achieve promotion. That was before we started the season with three consecutive defeats, conceding 8 goals and only scoring 4. We were 23rd. But the team kicked on on wards and we started to play well and get results. Our defense became much more solid as we only conceded 46 goals in the remaining 43 matches and our attack was as strong as ever with 89 goals to our name. Early table toppers Newcastle were run-away favorites, with surprise package Stockport, to earn promotion. But they both fell away in the run in, with Stockport earning 1 point from their last 9 matches to finish outside the play-off spots and Newcastle losing in the play-off final after they had promotion all but secured in March.

We reached the 100 point mark (we are the second team to do so since the start of the game) in what was a brilliant season. Add to that the fact that Leeds got relegated despite being predicted 2nd, and it was the perfect season. Time to fight it out with the big-boys.

Cups

A good showing in the FA Cup but a terrible performance in the Capital One Cup

FA Cup

Capital One Cup

Previous Youth Players Still Playing

Solomon Murray-YP7b-MC/DC-SOLD 2024-Current Club: None

Released by Salisbury, he is unemployed(Interest from Hendon)

Kevin Buddah-YP10a-AML/ML-RELEASED 2025-Current Club: Skermersdale

Fourth season at Skelmesdale and he made 2 assists this time with no goals.

Lewis Watkins-YP5a-MC-SOLD 2026-Current Club: Totenham (BPL)

He continues to improve and is now an important part of the Spurs squad. Made 15 assists(all comps) in a great season for him. Next season, we will face him.

Bill Lundon-YP7d-MC/DM-RELEASED 2025-Current Club: None

He was released by Stevenage and is unemployed (interest from Hendon)

Matty Keeley-YP9a-GK-RELEASED 2027-Current Club: York (BSP)

Matty left on a free to York and was second choice keeper, making 4 appearances in all comps.

Malcolm Stokes-YP10b-AML/ML-RELEASED 2027-Current Club: Ebbsfleet United(BSS)

He played 7 games this season for Ebbsfleet, making 1 assist

Alan Gallimore-YP7a-DC/DM/MC-RELEASED 2028-Current Club: Morecambe (League 1)

Moved to Morecambe, where he has made 11 appearances

John Dunphy-YP4d-DR/WBR/MR/AMR-RELEASED 2028-Current Club: Coventry City (League 1)

Dunphy signed in January but is yet to make his debut for Coventry. Should play next season as they got relegated to League 2

Ian Rooney-YP4b-D(CRL)-RELEASED 2028-Current Club: Doncaster (League 1)

Rooney played 5 games for Doncaster since signing, without scoring a goal.

Rico Dicken-YP8b-MC/DM-SOLD 2029-Current Club: Walsall (League 2)

Dicken was sold on a free transfer in January, and he has so far played 5 games for his new club without scoring a goal.

Star Players This Season

Louis Mutch-YP12d-GK

Great season for Mutch as he only conceded a goal a game in the games he played in. He missed the first 3 games through injury and was spectacular, earning him a spot in the nPower Championship Team Of The Year bench.

Adam Abbott II-YP11b-DC

He just keeps on improving. This time, he finished with a 7.75 avg. rating(Incredible!), 11 goals, 12 MOTM awards, and his second consecutive nPower Championship Young Player Of The Year. Will be vital if we are to survive in the Prem. Broke Rowlands's record of 11MOTM awards in one season and was named in the team of the year for the Championship.

Lee Gibson-YP13b-D(CL)

A very good season for him as he proved himself with some stellar performances, specially down the stretch. Finished with 6 MOTM awards.

Lee Birmingham-YP8a-AMC/MC

With Thorne injured for a big chunk of the season, Birmingham got minutes and he used them well. With 7 goals, 12 assists, and 2 MOTM awards to his name(all career high's), it should be no surprise that he had a career best Avg. Rating of 7.23, .4 better than last season. Simply incredible season from him.

Stuart McMahon-YP12a-ST/AMC

He was very consistent this season to my delight and ended the season with a very respectable 25 goals. Add to that 10 assists and it should be no surprise that our chances f survival next season will be determined by his form.

Other Important Players This Season

Andy McMahon-YP11c-MR/DR/MC

The Irish McMahon is my undisputed first choice right-back and he had another solid season, even making 3 assists.

Johnny Hall-YP14c-DL/ML)

Johnny was thrown into the first team by long term injuries to Perkins and Pierce and he performed admirably. He grew in confidence and ability with every game and has every chance of being a starter in the Prem

Geraint Pierce-YP8b-D(CRL)/DM/M(CRL)

Injuries stalled his development this season, but he still performed well when on the field. Mostly playing as a DM, he will be reaching his prime in the Prem and I hope he can stay injury free.

Leon Thorne-YP2c-MC/ST

Now that he has hit 30, his stats are starting to decrease. This was not helped by a couple of 2 month injuries that limited his appearances. But when on the field he is a real leader, who gives it his all for the club. Having scored in each of the past 15 seasons and in all levels of the pyramid, I expect him to be good enough for the Prem for a while, but probably as a sub.

Dafydd Burrell-YP7c-MC

5 goals and 9 assists for a second season in a row for the midfielder. He was important throughout but may see his place taken over by Bowden.

Ben Nunnerley-YP11f-WBR/MR/AMR

Undisputed on the right wing due to injuries, he has every chance of shining in the Prem after making 11 assists.

Kerem Moore-YP11d-AM/M(LR)

Moore shined again as he was forced into the team by March's 5 month injury. And he performed when needed, on either wing, scoring 3 goals and making 5 assists. Will probably be a sub next season, but one I can rely on.

Tim Howarth-YP14b-AML/ML

Tim was spectacular in the run-in as he really developed, with his dribbling, pace, and flair a deadly combination. A regular in the England U-19 squad, don't be surprised to see him become the first youngster to earn a senior England cap.

Other Youth Prospects

Andrew Kelly-YP6a-GK

Glyndwr March-YP12c-MC/AM(CLR)

Johnny O'Connor-YP4c-ST

Stuart Thompson-YP3d-DM/MC

Adam Abbott-YP1a-DR

Josh Hawes-YP6b-MC/DM

Ashton Beasley-YP11a-ST/AMC

Ashley Coulson-YP11e-MR/MC

Doyle Hewson-YP11g-ST

Cole Jones-YP12b-ST/AM(CL)

Callum Heys-YP13a-ST/AML

Carl Cook-YP13c-D(RCL)

Declan Rowlands-YP3c-DC/DM/MC

Russell Perkins-YP14a-DL

Rhys Bowden-YP15a-M(RC)/AM(RC)

Paul Mitchell-YP15b-ST/AML/MC

Billy Parkin-YP15c-MR/AMR)

Youth Intake

Another good intake leaves 3 tags

Lindsay Ganfield-YP16a-AMC

Ganfield plays in a position I don't use, so he will become either a center midfielder, a striker, or a winger.

Leigh Clark-YP16b-GK

He will probably be loaned out for a couple of seasons until he is ready to challenge Mutch. Having him as a sub would be useless for his development, so on loan he goes.

Mustapha Owusu-Ansah-YP16c-MC/DC

A very good defensive minded midfielder who can also pass the ball, he will become a beast in a couple of seasons.

Youth Prospects Turned Staff

Derek Wilson(Head Coach)

Didn't do as well, but that was to be expected when I loaned half his squad out to our feeder clubs. Got an extension anyways.

Goals From Last Season

• Earn Promotion To The Prem ACHIEVED!
  • Get past the 3rd Round in the FA Cup ACHIEVED!-Made it to the 5th Round
  • Utilize feeder clubs Bury(BSN) and AFC Wimbledon(L2) for YoungstersACHIEVED!

Goals For Next Season

• Survive. Any way possible.
  • Make financial profit
  • Utilize feeder clubs Cambridge (BSN), Bury(BSP), and AFC Wimbledon(L2) for Youngsters

@haunted I also manage Kettering, but I've been getting 5 star potential from at least 1 or 2 players every season. What's your head of youth development like?

@TheGreatTraveler Congrats on reaching the Prem! :D

honestly how does it matter, in BSN the HoY options are all equally bad, almost has no impact who you sign, and i got kettering till league 2, and had like 5 players over 100 PA over 25 years coming trough youth intake, he gets 8 5 star players in league 1 in youth intake, really...

hey toon, do you mind telling me what your trick is for the youth intake? unless you are editing your players

because this is how kettering youth intake looks like, 2017 still in BSN, and its only going to be equal/worse from there on http://img4host.net/upload/2210402651c562fab12f2.JPG

to be honest no tricks no cheats i just upgrade my junior coach as much as possible and pray for the best

sorry but i could reload every year of kettering 2017 year of youth intake and never get players like you did, ever, ever, ever, ever, and ever

had maximum upgraded youth coaching, youth coaches and everything in league 2, the youth intake is so bad, doesnt matter how many times you reload the games, its not possible to go on

but appearantly its different for you

yes, it doesnt change, didnt change for me in 25 years...

they all gonna be 1,5-0,5 stars by the time i get to league 1 only, they have 4 stars in 2017 like the screenshot i posted, its only get worse / equal

that intake isncomplete fluke i was suprised i got it that good

So checking my current players 2017-2018 youth intake Tony Pritchard is now at 2 star so awful 2016-2107 4n half star burgess has just been released because he was that good so dont believe in what you see just the views off AssMan may have to find a new one

I have never seen someone use so many editing and scout tools in what's supposed to be a Challenge AND complain so much in the same challenge. With all of the things you're using that none of us use, you should be doing a lot better--yet you manage to do worse and keep complaining about it. Jesus Christ.

When I saw that you flat out said that you were holidaying seasons to just move through the years and make money, I lost all interest in what you have to say. That is the complete opposite of what these challenges are about.

Moving on. Update on my Castellón save, first season--I've put together a tactic from scratch with the aim of keeping possession and creating more quality chances over a higher number of them, and so far, I've won possession against all teams I've played (including Valencia and Brugge in pre-season). We're now sitting 10th after five games with seven points, still looking weak since we haven't fully adopted the tactic yet, but we'ere getting there.

T24

i was only interested if its possible to beat the challange, i beat it twice with FC United and Kingstonian, but i suspect its only because FC United is a town with 2million people (manchester), and kingostnian is based in London

i did everything the same with FC Weymouth, Kettering (3 times) and Bedford, and the single conclusion is the challange is not beatable with small town clubs because the youth intake is just 2 bad

and if someone gets 8 5 star players in League 1 with one of these clubs its just highly suspicious and i asked what he did, appearantly nothing special, so whatever...

you guys do what you want as long you are having fun

But you see, it's not. We have a decent enough group here where I don't doubt from 99.9% of the people who achieve this challenge. The point of this thread is far from actually achieving it. I myself have gotten to La LIGA and to play Champions League with youth only in past editions of FM (with Zamora and Algeciras, 60k and 100k in population, so there goes your theory), and have never actually won it but I've so much fun.

You can't say you've "done" the challenge because, simply, you haven't. You simply simulated years and years.

AND if that is indeed what you think, that's great--but you repeating the same every three posts is just getting others tired of it. I read the last five pages after being out of the forums for a while and basically it's updates from people and the rest is just you saying the same thing over and over again. Take a break, buddy.

I wish these forums had a blocking feature. Just one block and this thread would be back to perfect again with no moaning or indirect assertions of cheating because others are getting on better.

Club_Deportivo_Castellonlogo_zps4067a325.png

2012/13 Season

Table - Youth Intake - Squad - Transfers - Best player to come in this season

The odds were in our favor to finish 4th, but as a newly promoted side, that only proved to be added pressure. We did spend 10-12 weeks in the Top 4 of the Segunda Division B, but fell right back into the top half of the table, where we'd eventually stay. If you ask me, a good first season--I guess the board thought the same way, since I just signed a five year contract.

With 8 matches to go, and the Youth Intake announced, I figured I'd start playing them right away (we had no chance of playoff and were safe from relegation, so we had nothing to play for really), which I think gave lots of our younger players lots of minutes.

Now, we move onto the second season, now with a full squad, and with a few decent prospects. If I'm correct we should play the Spanish Cup for the first time too, which is nice.

Rival Watch: Villarreal 7th in La Liga; Valencia, 5th, and finalist of the Spanish Cup.

Goals next season:

- Top 8 finish.

- Score more goals than we concede.

- Keep us in the black.

T24

2012/13 Season

The odds were in our favor to finish 4th, but as a newly promoted side, that only proved to be added pressure. We did spend 10-12 weeks in the Top 4 of the Segunda Division B, but fell right back into the top half of the table, where we'd eventually stay. If you ask me, a good first season--I guess the board thought the same way, since I just signed a five year contract.

With 8 matches to go, and the Youth Intake announced, I figured I'd start playing them right away (we had no chance of playoff and were safe from relegation, so we had nothing to play for really), which I think gave lots of our younger players lots of minutes.

Now, we move onto the second season, now with a full squad, and with a few decent prospects. If I'm correct we should play the Spanish Cup for the first time too, which is nice.

Rival Watch: Villarreal 7th in La Liga; Valencia, 5th, and finalist of the Spanish Cup.

Goals next season:

- Top 8 finish.

- Score more goals than we concede.

- Keep us in the black.

T24

Decent intake there how did you get them :D:rolleyes:

LOL nice, you're on thin ice buddy :D

lol

Youth Intake announced, I figured I'd start playing them right away (we had no chance of playoff and were safe from relegation, so we had nothing to play for really), which I think gave lots of our younger players lots of minutes.

Obviously we would all like to be in the thick of the action at the end of the season, but I love these situations. The perfect chance to kickstart your future stars and future squad players development. First team minutes are key, and any chance where you can selectively give them opportunities are golden.

lol

Obviously we would all like to be in the thick of the action at the end of the season, but I love these situations. The perfect chance to kickstart your future stars and future squad players development. First team minutes are key, and any chance where you can selectively give them opportunities are golden.

Yup, you're right--same situation in season two. I've debated between going for it from day one or slowly building up to it, so on season two we're "comfortably" mid table, perhaps underachieving a bit, but we currently have five players from last year's youth intake in the starting eleven. Plenty of time to get promoted.

T24

2013/14 Season

Second season on board of the Orelluts, and this one was exciting, if only on the Youth Development side of things. We promoted a bunch of Year 1 and 2 youngsters and just played them as starters, hoping a few would latch on and develop. It worked like a charm for a few of them, like Isma or Martin Escáplez--this one by far the best player we have in our squad, even though he just got injured for three months through the summer :/

In terms of the actual season, out in the second round of the Copa del Rey (no complaints there), and finished 9th in the league, losing our 7th spot in the last game of the season, so nothing too worrying there. We did better than last season, we scored more and conceded less, and more importantly, we did with already half of the team from the province.

The greatest news is that we got two very decent strikers in this season's youth intake, which we desperately needed. I really think these two can do great right off the start, and they proved me right, with Gallardo (15 years old) scoring four goals in seven matches, and Fernández providing three assists and scoring from a free kick in just as many games.

Things are looking up.

Rival Watch: Villarreal did poorly, 13th in La Liga; Valencia qualified for the Champions League as 3rd, and once again, Copa del Rey finalist, this year losing to Granada!

In other news, Real Madrid was 13th in the table when the board sacked Mourinho--Pellegrini took over. Los blancos finished the season 4th, and lost in the Champions League's semis, so the change was for the better. Mourinho is now unemployed.

Goals next season:

- Top 6 finish.

- Concede less than one goal per match, and have a player score double digits.

- Keep us in the black. Thanks to our 10k weekly attendance at Castalia, and the low wages, we were able to get an improvement on the Youth Facilities by the board, so on October of this year this will be completed. I really hope the 3.5 million Euro we're spending on it will be a good investment (about 90% of our entire budget). We shall see.

T24

Last year, three B teams (Valencia's, Mallorca's and Real Madrid's) finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd in my group. Almost impossible to fight for the last playoff spot.

This year, I have Real Madrid B, Mallorca B, Valencia B, Villarreal B, and Zaragoza B.

FML.

Edit: Just got killed by Villarreal B 4-1--vs Uche, Catala, Juan Carlos, etc. Jesus Christ.

Last year, three B teams (Valencia's, Mallorca's and Real Madrid's) finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd in my group. Almost impossible to fight for the last playoff spot.

This year, I have Real Madrid B, Mallorca B, Valencia B, Villarreal B, and Zaragoza B.

FML.

Edit: Just got killed by Villarreal B 4-1--vs Uche, Catala, Juan Carlos, etc. Jesus Christ.

Not going to be fun for you then i have Birmingham to contend with in League 1 they are not fun to play against

Archived