*Official* Football Manager 2013 Pre-Order Beta FAQ

• Administrators

General Questions:

What exactly is the FM 13 pre-order?

What is a beta version?

What do I get from my chosen retailer when I pre-order?

What do I do if the retailer hasn’t sent me my pre-order code?

How do I access the beta?

How long does the beta code take to install?

How much space will the beta code take up on my PC/Mac?

What happens when the game is released if I have pre-ordered a boxed copy of the game?

What happens when the game is released if I have pre-purchased the Digital Download version of the product?

When does the beta game finish?

What happens to my beta game post release?

Can I save my beta game and carry on when install the full version?

Can I play all game modes in the beta?

What if I change my mind and cancel my pre-order?

What if my code for the beta doesn’t work?

How long will I have to wait for the full game to download, following my beta install?

Is the editor going to be released at the same time as the beta?

I pre-ordered the game from Steam but do not have an activation code?

I haven't pre-ordered the game and now the beta is out, am I too late to get involved?

Getting Started

Using your code to activate via Steam

Activation and Offline Mode

Slow Downloads and Connection to Content Servers

Changing Installer Language

Troubleshoot Game Launch Issues

Issues when First Attempting to Launch the Game

Anti-Virus or Spyware Scanning Software is conflicting with Steam

I'm warned that the fm.exe contains a virus or unwanted program and I'm running Avira anti-virus

User receives Game Unavailable Message or game has updated and no longer launches

Graphics card is not running latest update or you do not have any drivers installed

Update Stalls

Unable to find Essential Data

Issues running with Dual or Quantum Graphics Cards

Running on unsupported resolution or Netbooks

Troubleshoot In-Game Issues

XML Parsing Errors

Steam or Football Manager is already running

The game crashes during a match, game suffers from slowdown or the display shows incorrectly or grey only

Game encounters issues/Crashing after upgrading Operating System to Windows 8

How To Do

How to Run the Game in Offline Mode

How to Create a Desktop Shortcut

How to Disable Steam on Start-up

How to Delete my Cache Files

How to Delete my Settings Files

How to Delete my Registry Files

How to Complete a Full Uninstall

How to find my Dxdiag

How To Verify Your Game Cache

Mac Specific Issues

Mac - Game Unavailable

Mac - XML Parsing Errors

Deleting your Cache on a Mac

Mac - Posting your System Profile

Mac - How to post a Crash Report

Mac - Steam stating you need to be Online when you're already Online

Game Minimum Specs

• Administrators

What exactly is the FM 13 pre-order?

Anyone who pre-orders (or pre-purchases) the game through a participating retail partner will be given a beta key which will allow early access to the game. The early access period will be 2 weeks – so allowing people who pre-order to start playing the game two weeks before its actual release as a product.

• Administrators

What is a beta version?

A beta version in an early version of a game normally produced a few weeks before the game itself is mastered. In the case of FM2013, the disc is already being manufactured, but the actual executable file needed to run the game isn’t on the disc itself as this is delivered via Steam when the game is authenticated, so Sports Interactive will continue to work on the game until a couple of days before it is released.

• Administrators

What do I get from my chosen retailer when I pre-order?

This will depend on where you pre-order your copy of FM13. If you pre-order in a participating store in person, you should have been given an FM13 branded card, that will have a unique code printed on its reverse.

If you pre-order with a retailer on line, for a boxed copy to be delivered then you will have been emailed a code prior to the beta access going live. The time you receive the code may vary depending on the retailer, so please check with the retailer in question if you are unsure.

If you pre-purchase a Digital Download version of the product then your code will also be sent to you electronically via e mail.

• Administrators

What do I do if the retailer hasn’t sent me my pre-order code?

Please talk to the retailer concerned directly. SEGA has provided the pre-order codes to all retailers who are part of the pre-order incentive.

• Administrators

How do I access the beta?

To access the beta you will need the unique code received or sent to you electronically from the retail partner. All printed cards and e mailed codes come with instructions on how to access the beta. You can also check at www.footballmanager.com for instructions on access, but you will need your unique code and internet access in order to begin the install.

• Administrators

How long does the beta code take to install?

This will very much depend on your internet connection speed. For example with an average speed of 2mb/s it should take 20 minutes. Please note however this is only a guide and it will vary.

• Administrators

What happens when the game is released if I have pre-ordered a boxed copy of the game?

When you collect / receive your boxed copy, you will need to install the game disc. You will be prompted to follow the on screen instructions which will require you to input the activation code that will be printed onto the game manual. Once the game disc is activated, it will recognise your beta game and will allow you to continue play from you left off in your beta game.

• Administrators

What happens when the game is released if I have pre-purchased the Digital Download version of the product?

Your game will automatically update from BETA to final version on the launch day

• Administrators

When does the beta game finish?

The early access will be switched off on the Monday, following the games release. You will not be able to continue playing beyond this point unless you have installed the copy you pre-ordered and activated it.

• Administrators

What happens to my beta game post release?

Your beta game will remain as a saved game once the access is switched off. This means that you can continue it at any time if you install the copy of the game you pre-ordered. You won’t be able to continue playing the beta from the Monday after release, but it will still be there as soon as you install and activate the copy you pre-ordered.

• Administrators

Can I play all game modes in the beta?

The career mode, and new Classic mode including Challenge mode will all be playable in the beta. However it is not the full and final version, so some elements will not be activated until you install the pre-ordered copy such as network games.

• Administrators

What if I change my mind and cancel my pre-order?

If you cancel your pre-order and choose not to install a final version of FM13, then you will no longer have access to the game from the Monday following release.

• Administrators

How long will I have to wait for the full game to download, following my beta install?

As with the beta install, this will depend on the speed of you internet connection so times will vary. We estimate an average install time from beta to complete game would be approx. 20 minutes

• Administrators

Using your code to activate via Steam

Please follow the steps below to activate the game on Steam:

- Download the Steam client: http://store.steampowered.com/about/

- Install Steam on your computer

- Once installed, open up Steam

- Go to +ADD A GAME at the bottom-left of the window

- Then select Activate a product on Steam

- Enter your pre-release Activation Code

- Steam should now download your game.

• Administrators

Activation and Offline Mode

As like last year, this year’s instalment of Football Manager can only be activated and played through the Steam platform. The game can be purchased as a boxed copy or a digital download, but both versions require Steam and an Internet connection.

Football Manager 2013 will need Internet access for its activation process because Steam is a network-based platform. FM2013 customers that do not want Steam to connect to Internet can launch the Steam client in "Offline Mode|" after installation. Internet access after installation of the game will only be needed to apply game patches or Steam updates, play network games or use any of the uploading features included in FM2013.

We have outlined below the steps to set Steam to Offline Mode.

1) Start Steam whilst being connected to the Internet - make sure that the "Remember my password" box on the login window is checked

2) Verify that all game files are completely updated and that there are no current downloads on Steam ("View" -> "Downloads")

3) Launch the game(s) you would like to play offline to verify that there are no further updates to download. Shut down the game(s) and return to Steam once you have confirmed that the game(s) can be played

4) Go to "Steam" -> "Settings" to ensure that the "Don't save account credentials on this computer" option is NOT selected

5) Click on the top left "Steam" menu and select "Go Offline"

6) Select "Restart in Offline Mode". This will restart the Steam client and it will no longer connect to Internet when it is launched

If you would like to reconnect Steam to the Internet in the future to download game updates, activate new products or play multiplayer modes on your games, please select "Go Online" from the top left "Steam" menu.

• Administrators

Slow Downloads and Connection to Content Servers

If Steam downloads are going slower than expected, please double check your current download region:

1) Start Steam

2) Go to Steam > Settings > Downloads tab

3) Under Download region, select the region that you are in or that is closest to you.

4) You can also try various regions near your location to see if a better connection is available

66502132.jpg

• Administrators

Changing Installer Language

Steam games are usually installed in the language set for the Steam client, so if Steam is configured in English, all games will be downloaded in that language.

You can change the language of the Steam client doing the following:

- Launch Steam

- Click on the top left menu and select "Steam" -> "Settings"

- Select the "Interface" tab and change the language

- Click on OK

- Steam will ask you to restart its client: select "RESTART STEAM"

You can change the language of Football Manager 2013 following these steps:

- Run the game

- From the Main Menu, select "Preferences"

- Under "Game Settings", depending on what region you purchased the game from. the language can changed to one of up to fourteen different languages (Czech, Dansk, English, English US, Español, Français, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Português, Russian, Svenska, Turkish).

• Administrators

Issues when First Attempting to Launch the Game

If you encounter problems when first attempting to launch the game, it could be for a number of reasons related to the way you installed,the way Steam is set up and your system configuration. We very much suggest trying the suggestions listed within this section to resolve any issue you've encountered.

• Administrators

Anti-Virus or Spyware Scanning Software is conflicting with Steam

Please add “FM.exe”to the list of exclusions within your security software. If this alone doesn't work we would suggest adding the entire Steam folder to the list of exclusions.

Unfortunately we cannot give specific steps on how to do this as it is dependent on your anti-virus program but usually it is as follows: navigate to Antivirus -> Advanced Settings -> Exclusions and add the “FM.exe” there.

The “FM.exe” can be found at “C: Program Files -> Steam ->steamapps -> common -> football manager 2013

Some security software can also prevent the normal loading operation of Steam games, including common errors such as “Unable to load filesystem_steam.dll” and “Engine Error: Could not load library client”.

We’re aware that some Anti-Virus programs have encountered issues allowing Steam to run, the main being the following:

- Avast!

- AVG

- BitDefender

- PC Tools

- Spyware Doctor

- Threatfire

For these programs, if you still cannot launch the game even after configuring them to allow Steam to run, we suggest uninstalling the security software (disabling often will not turn it off fully). However, it’s very important to note if you undertake this make certain that Windows Firewall is switched on so you still have some protection. We've also found that the free Anti-virus program Microsoft Security Essentials has been able to run Steam without any problems.

You can find more information on how to configure your Firewall to allow Steam to run flawlessly:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2198-AGHC-7226

You can also find a list of programs that could interfere with Steam below:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289

• Administrators

User receives Game Unavailable Message or game has updated and no longer launches

This is most likely due to the game encountering an incomplete install or update.

To combat this, please verify your Steam cache. This can be done by following the instructions below:

Verify Game Cache:

1. Load Steam

2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

3. Select the Local files tab and click the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAMECACHE…’ button.

4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

6. We recommend verifying your cache twice to make sure all files are fully downloaded

88589882.jpg

• Administrators

Graphics card is not running latest update or you do not have any drivers installed

If you attempt to launch the game without the latest drivers or any drivers at all for your graphics card the game may not launch.

For your graphics card drivers, if you're already aware of your graphics card type, the majority of graphics card websites have 'auto-checkers' which can scan your system and find the correct card. They can be found here for the following makes:

AMD/ATI - http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Intel - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Nvidia - http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Nvidia GeForce - http://www.geforce.com/Drivers

• Administrators

Update Stalls

The installation of Steam might be corrupted, please follow the instructions below to manually remove Steam:

1. Exit Steam.

2. Navigate to your Steam directory. (Typically C:\Program Files\Steam or C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam)

3. Delete all of the contents of your Steam directory.

When complete, make sure the Steam registry entries have been removed. While doing the following, please be aware that the Windows registry is a very sensitive part of Windows. Mistakes can render your system unstable so be VERY careful when making any changes.

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam.

Right-click on Valve, select Delete.

- For 32-bit operating systems:

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\.

- For 64-bit operating systems:

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\.

When completed please close the Registry Editor, restart your computer and try the installation again.

Please re- download Steam from the link below:

http://store.steampowered.com/about/

If after the above, the issue persists then please refer to the following entry from the Steam Support website regarding updates stalling at a certain percentage:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...5322-QYZB-5344

• Administrators

Unable to find Essential Data

If you experience this message when attempting to start the game, configure the compatibility mode for Steam using these steps:

- Close Steam

- Right click on Steam shortcut

- Click "Properties"

- Choose the "Compatibility" tab

- Uncheck the box "Run in Compatibility mode for"

- Click on "OK" and then start Steam using the same shortcut

- You can now try the game

If this doesn't work try this

- Close Steam

- Go to C: Program Files -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> football manager 2013

- Right click on FM.exe

- Click "Properties"

- Choose the "Compatibility" tab

- Uncheck the box "Run in Compatibility mode for"

- Click on "OK" and then start Steam using the same shortcut

- You can now try the game

• Administrators

Issues running with Dual or Quantum Graphics Cards

First of all make sure your laptop is running via the mains so it isn't on power saving mode. If you are running via the mains, go into your 'Control Panel' (Via Start Menu -> Control Panel' and go to 'Power Options'

Within here we suggest selecting 'Show Additional Plans' and selecting 'Maximum Performance' to get the best out of your system when running Football Manager.

Once you have done this, right-click on your desktop and there should be a Nvidia Control Panel. Under "3D settings" and "program settings" add "fm.exe" found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2013 or where you have your program file.

Try the more powerful 'main' Nvidia card to try and run - if it still crashes using this, go back and choose "Integrated graphics" as main graphic processor.

• Administrators

Running on unsupported resolution or Netbooks

Bear in mind if you are running on a resolution which is under the minimum resolution of Football Manager 2013 you are not officially supported and the game was not tested under these conditions.

If you are using a Netbook, the minimum resolution requirements for FM2013 (1024 x 768) will not be met, as the screen resolution of your computer is 1024 x 600.

You can boot the game (avoiding the 'game is already running message') by following these steps:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library

- Right-click on Football Manager 2013 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options

- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed

- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM13 through Steam

Typically Netbooks offer fewer features compared with Notebooks and Desktop computers; for example, less processing power and reduced ability to run resource-intensive operating systems. Based upon this, you will need to refer to the System Manufacturer to confirm that your computer is designed for resource-intensive games such as Football Manager 2013. SEGA and SI do not offer support for this game on Netbooks.

• Administrators

XML Parsing Errors

If you encounter an XML parsing error try deleting the Football Manager Settings folder as detailed below:

First of all you need to turn on the hidden files and folders:

Windows XP:

1. Open Folder Options in Control Panel.

• Click Start and then click Control Panel.

• Click Appearance and Themes, and then click Folder Options.

2. On the View tab, under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.

Windows Vista andWindows 7:

1. Open Folder Options in Control Panel.

• Click Start, and then click Control Panel,
  • Click Appearance and Personalization, and then click Folder Options.

2. On the View tab, under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.

Windows 8:

1. Open Windows Explorer.

• From Desktop Mode move the mouse cursor to the exact lower left corner until the small Start window appears:

windows8start.jpg

• Right click on the Start window
  • Click on Windows Explorer

2. On the View tab from the top, select Hidden Items.

One your hidden files and folders are enabled deletethe following folders:

Windows XP:

My Computer -> Local Disk (C: -> Documents and Settings -> Application Data -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2012 -> Settings

Windows Vista /Windows 7:

Computer -> Local Disk (C: -> Users -> AppData -> Roaming -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2012 -> Settings

Windows 8

Windows Explorer -> Computer -> Local Disk (C: -> Users -> AppData -> Roaming -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2012 -> Settings

Please note that depending on the type of XML error, there is a possibility that saved progress may be lost.

Once deleted restart your computer and try launching the game again.

• Administrators

Steam or Football Manager is already running

When I attempt to launch Steam or a game, I get an error message saying that Steam is already running. How can I resolve the problem?

Please see Steam is already running topic for instructions.

• Administrators

How to Run the Game in Offline Mode

Once Football Manager 2013 has been installed and activated you can put STEAM into Offline Mode as instructed below:

1) Start Steam online - make sure the Remember my password box on the login window is checked

2) Verify that all game files are completely updated - you can see the update status for a game under the Library section (when the game shows as 100% - Ready it is ready to be played in Offline Mode)

3) Launch the game you would like to play offline to verify that there are no further updates to download - shut down the game and return to Steam once you have confirmed that the game can be played

4) Go to Steam > Settings to ensure the ‘Don't save account credentials on this computer’ option is not selected

5) From the main Steam window, go to the Steam menu and select Go Offline

6) Click Restart in Offline Mode to restart Steam in Offline Mode

• Administrators

How to Create a Desktop Shortcut

You can create a desktop shortcut which allows you to launch the game without having to go through the STEAM interface.

To create a desktop short-cut right click on the game from the STEAM Library and select Properties:

From 'General' select ‘Create Desktop Shortcut'

• Administrators

How to Disable Steam on Start-up

How do I stop Steam from running automatically when I start my computer?

With Steam open, click the Steam menu, and choose Settings

20900332.jpg

Click on the Interface tab, and uncheck the box that says:

"Run Steam when my computer starts."

31328475.jpg

• Administrators

How to Delete my Cache Files

In Football Manager 2013 there are two ways of deleting your cache files.

The first can be done in game by going to:

FM -> Preferences -> Interface

Under 'Skin' Click the 'Clear Cache' button

clearcachebutton.jpg

To delete your cache outside of the game, please do the following:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

My Computer

'Organize'

'Folder and Search Options'.

Windows 8:

Open Windows Explorer.

From Desktop Mode move the mouse cursor to the exact lower left corner until the small Start window appears:

windows8start.jpg

Right click on the Start window

Click on Windows Explorer

On the View tab from the top, select Hidden Items.

One your hidden files and folders are enabled delete the following folders:

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go to the “Football Manager 2013” Folder.

5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go to the “Football Manager 2013” Folder.

6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Windows 8

1. Click “Start”

5. Go to the “Football Manager 2013” Folder.

6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

• Administrators

How to Delete my Settings Files

To delete your cache outside of the game, please do the following:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

My Computer

'Organize'

'Folder and Search Options'.

Windows 8:

Open Windows Explorer

From Desktop Mode move the mouse cursor to the exact lower left corner until the small Start window appears:

windows8start.jpg

Right-Click on the Start Window

Click on Windows Explorer

On the View tab from the top, select Hidden Items

Once your hidden files and folders are enabled deleted thefollowing folders:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go to the “Football Manager 2013” Folder.

5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

1. Click “Start”

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2013” Folder.

Windows 8

1. Click “Start”

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2013” Folder.

• Administrators

How to Delete my Registry Files

Windows XP:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click "Run"

3. Type in "Regedit"

4. Go into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER Folder

5. Go into the 'Software Folder'

6. Delete the Sports Interactive Folder

7. Go into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Folder

8. Go into the 'Software Folder'

9. Delete the Sports Interactive Ltd Folder

Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8:

1. Click “Start”

2. Type in the search box "Regedit"

3. Go into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER Folder

4. Go into the 'Software Folder'

5. Delete the Sports Interactive Folder

6. Go into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Folder

7. Go into the 'Software Folder'

• Administrators

How to Complete a Full Uninstall

* Before proceeding please make sure to write down the username and password of your Steam account as you will need them to reinstall afterwards.

Start by uninstalling Football Manager 2013 through Steam:

With Steam under your Library, Right-click on Football Manager 2013 and select “Delete Local Content…”

Next confirm the removal the Football Manager 2013 Settings.

Confirm that hidden folders are enabled:

Step 1

- Click on the Start button,

- Click on the Control Panel,

- From the Control Panel Select Classic View,

- Once selected locate and double click on Folder Options.

- Click on the View tab.

Step 2

- Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labelled Show hidden files and folders.

- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labelled Hide extensions for known file types.

- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labelled Hide protected operating system files.

- Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.

- Now Windows Vista is configured to show all hidden files.

Step 3:

Remove the cache files for Football Manager 2013 as detailed below:

Go here:

XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Sports Interactive\

Vista/Win7/Win8:

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\

Delete the Sports Interactive folder.

Then you will have to manually remove Steam:

1. Exit Steam.

2. Navigate to your Steam directory. (Typically C:\Program Files\Steam or C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam)

3. Delete all of the contents of your Steam directory.

When complete, make sure the Steam and FM13 registry entries have been removed. While doing the following, please be aware that the Windows registry is a very sensitive part of Windows. Mistakes can render your system unstable so be VERY careful when making any changes.

* For FM 2013:

- Click Start then Run.

- At the prompt type: REGEDIT. The registry editor will open.

- Click the "+" next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

- Click the "+" next to SOFTWARE.

*If you have a 64-bits Operating System go to: SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node

- Click the "+" next to Sports Interactive Ltd.

- Right-Click the Football Manager 2012 folder.

- Select Delete.

- Go back to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE.

- Click the "+" next to Microsoft

- Click the "+" next to Windows

- Click the "+" next to CurrentVersion

- Click the "+" next to Uninstall

- Right click & delete the key labelled:

- Football Manager fields

* For Steam:

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam.

Right-click on Valve select Delete.

- For 32-bit operating systems:

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\.

Right-click on Valve and select Delete.

- For 64-bit operating systems:

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\.

Right-click on Valve and select Delete.

When completed please close the Registry Editor, restart your computer and try the installation again.

*If for whatever reason you wish to remove all your Football Manager save data, do the following:

Go into Documents/My Documents which can be found as below

Start Menu > Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2013

Delete this folder, and it will remove all your save games, tactics and other files saved within Football Manager

• Administrators

How to find my Dxdiag

- Go to your Start Menu (Windows).

- For XP: Click on Run in the Start Menu.

- For Vista/Win7/Win8: On the bottom left there should be start search area. Type in Run then press Enter.

- Type in dxdiag then press Enter.

- Dxdiag window should open. If it asks you all sorts of license questions just say yes.

- On the bottom portion of the dxdiag window there should be a button that says Save All

- Save the file as a txt document.

• Administrators

How To Verify Your Game Cache

Verify Game Cache:

1. Load Steam

2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

3. Select the Local files tab and click the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAMECACHE…’ button.

4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

6. We recommend verifying your cache twice to make sure all files are fully downloaded

88589882.jpg

• Administrators

Mac - Game Unavailable

Please refer to the following article from Steam’s Knowledgebase and follow thoroughly all the steps mentioned:

If the issue persists afterwards, then we will need some information on your computer.

First you should make sure that all Apple updates have been downloaded and installed through the "Software Updates..." option.

In addition please supply us with your system information by following the instructions below:

1. Select "About This Mac..." from the Apple menu in the upper left corner of the screen.

2. Click the "More Info..." button within the About This Mac window.

3. Select "Save as..." from the File menu within the System Profiler application.

4. Change file format type to rich text format and save the report.

Then post your issue within the Technical/Crashes Forum within the Bugs Forum.

• Administrators

Mac - XML Parsing Errors

Please follow the instructions below to solve the XML Parsing Error:

*Please note that on Mac OS X Lion the Macintosh HD is hidden: Open a Finder window then at the top click on 'Go' then 'Go to folder' which should be second from bottom. Hold down your 'Alt' key whilst 'Go' is selected and 'Library' will appear and you can now follow the steps below.

1. Remove from Preferences following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to your home (Shape of a house) folder

- Go to Library

- Go to Preferences

- Go to Sports Interactive

- Go to Football Manager 2013,

- Delete all contents in this folder.

2. Remove from Caches following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to Library

- Go to Caches

- Go to Football Manager 2013

3. Remove from Logs following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to Library

- Go to Logs

- Go to Football Manager 2013,

• Administrators

Deleting your Cache on a Mac

*Please note that on Mac OS X Lion the Macintosh HD is hidden: Open a Finder window then at the top click on 'Go' then 'Go to folder' which should be second from bottom. Hold down your 'Alt' key whilst 'Go' is selected and 'Library' will appear and you can now follow the steps below.

Remove from Caches following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to Library

- Go to Caches

- Go to Football Manager 2013

• Administrators

Mac - Posting your System Profile

1. Go to the Apple logo on the Taskbar and click "About this Mac".

2. Click the "More Info..." button.

3. On the Taskbar, it will now show that System Profiler is running.

4. Click 'View' on the Taskbar and then select "Mini Profile".

5. Click File and then Save As... to Save the file as a Text File (RTF).

6. Open the file and copy and paste the information into your post.

• Administrators

Mac - How to post a Crash Report

If you get the error message "The application Football Manager has quit unexpectedly", it will be helpful in diagnosing your issue by posting your crash report.

To do so, follow these instructions when you get the error message:

1. Click 'Report...' on the "The application Football Manager has quit unexpectedly" pop-up.

2. Copy the text in the Problem Details and System Configuration into a text file using TextEdit before copying it into a forum post.

3. When posting this on the forums, this can be quite long so you will need to enclose it with "code" before the post, and "/code" after the post (replacing the quotation " " marks with square [ ] brackets).

4. This will allow your post to appear on the forums.

• Administrators

Mac - Steam stating you need to be Online when you're already Online

Follow these instructions if you are on a Mac and you get a popup stating "Steam needs to be online to update", even though you are already connected to the internet.

1. Remove the registry.vdf file:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to Library

- Go to Application Support

- Go to Steam

- Delete the file registry.vdf

• Administrators

I pre-ordered the game from Steam but do not have an activation code?

If you pre-ordered from Steam you do not need an activation code, the game should now appear in your games library within Steam. Right-click on the game and click to install, this will begin the download process to for the FM13 Pre-Order Beta.

• Administrators

I haven't pre-ordered the game and now the beta is out, am I too late to get involved?

No you can still get the pre-order beta. Any pre-order made before November 2nd will allow you to download and install the pre-order version of Football Manager 2013.

• Administrators

I'm warned that the fm.exe contains a virus or unwanted program

This is a false-positive by the anti-virus program and can be ignored. You may want to update your virus definition software which may help, but until your anti-virus provider update their software you may encounter this message. We suggest adding the whole FM folder to your anti-virus exceptions. There is no virus contained within the FM.exe.

Archived