Sports Interactive Community
mdougal

Background noise

Hi everyone. Just wanted tosay great forum

My question is is there any way that you can put background noise into the game. For example one of my fave saves is Dortmund and I would love to play as Dortmund with the very noisy and passionate Dortmund fans in the background when playing matches. I was wondering whether it is possible to add say a mp3 to the match engine maybe or something along those lines.

Thanks for your replies

Also I would love it if SI got the rights to the bundesliga and got all kits and logos sorted for Germany as I love playing the bundesliga

There is generic background noise in the game.. anything special you will have to make yourself.

I'm not sure how but sombody will prob know.

The sounds in FIFA are fantastic and it would be great to have something like that in the game, but then legal issues to do with licensing would crop up and scupper the entire project if it was done officially. That being said, if someone took the time to do it I would definitely download it.

Most of the time I play with the sounds off and have either music or the tv on!

Next time around they need to focus on imroving the sound, its been the same for years, and for fm12 there was never a soundpack available to download.

I cant even here a sound when the ball hits the post. How hard can that be?

I never play with the sound on. Switching it off is the first thing I do when playing a new version of FM. It wouldnt matter to me it was the most authentic stadium noise ever in a football game. I watch TV, movies etc while playing. If they removed all sound effects from the game I wouldnt notice.

Sound is the last thing that needs looking at, it's simply not needed.

Speak for yourself, for me sound in every game is important, it adds to the atmosphere and helps get me immersed into the game. It's no different with a game like FM, i watch every single match in 3d, i'd love to have proper fan chants and a great atmosphere every time a team scores, rather than the generic ahhh in the background.

May not be "needed" but it's certainly wanted for me at least.

I'd love if FM revamped the match sounds. While I realise that it's not a key element to the game, and like others I have it turned off, but I would definitely use it if there was more of a unique atmosphere depending on where your team are playing. After all, without true atmosphere and sound, real life football would be much less enjoyable and would create a much less memorable experience.

May not be "needed" but it's certainly wanted for me at least.

I think there is a minority in wanting sounds improved, that's probably why they won't be improved. There are other areas of the game that need improving and the majority want improved - including SI.

I don't know how to add generic sounds - sorry.

I too play with no sounds.

You can find the crowd sounds in the following folder: Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Football Manager 2012/Data/Sounds/Default.

They're in WAV format so assuming you have a sound editor it should be pretty easy to alter the files. Just make a back up first!