Size of save file

One

Just wondering what the general size of save files are. I looked at mine the other day and was shocked to see it was 450MB. That's ridiculous for a save file. Surely can't be good for the hard drive, no?

Yeah, it must do. I'm at 2021, large database but with only the Turkish league running. Still seems incredibly large to me.

My hard drive makes a weird noise when I boot it up. Hope I'm not causing it too much strain :\

Yeah, it must do. I'm at 2021, large database but with only the Turkish league running. Still seems incredibly large to me.

My hard drive makes a weird noise when I boot it up. Hope I'm not causing it too much strain :\

The FM will destroy your hard drive. For sure!

Saves usually start off around 50mb and get bigger the longer you play. It stands to reason if you think about the sheer amount of data that's in a single game file.

One thing I'd like to see though is this getting smaller in future. Steam's cloud save feature would be awesome for FM (Allowing us to play the same save on multiple computers) Trouble is, I think there's a 100mb limit for that feature.

Sometimes when I get a sneaky hour of playing at work I forget to pop the save file in my Dropbox before the end of the day :D

I'm in 2031 with 16 leagues running as well as players loaded from different continents and my game only stands at 250MB.

Woah, see that seems right to what you're running. Are you compressing your save file?

Saves usually start off around 50mb and get bigger the longer you play. It stands to reason if you think about the sheer amount of data that's in a single game file.

One thing I'd like to see though is this getting smaller in future. Steam's cloud save feature would be awesome for FM (Allowing us to play the same save on multiple computers) Trouble is, I think there's a 100mb limit for that feature.

Sometimes when I get a sneaky hour of playing at work I forget to pop the save file in my Dropbox before the end of the day :D

Definitely. I mean I might be a bit ignorant when it comes to PC games and save files coming from a console background. Is this the norm for PC games to have large save files. I've no idea.

Archived