FM 2013: National Service in S.Korea

I regularly play in the South Korean K-League, and the most frustrating thing about managing in Korea is the compulsory 2 years military service. The game rightly includes this, but it is carried out in the wrong way imo. In real life, the managers know which players will be leaving for the military a fair way in advance, because the players have a choice over when they go- as long as they are reasonably young (i think it might be under 35 but im not sure). But in FM you've put together your team for next season, and then suddenly "XXX is leaving for military service"....its infuriating! :D

I was wondering whether anyone knows if this has been modified at all for the 2013 version?

Also, the whole Korean Olympic team dont have to do military service because of their bronze medal in London. This should definately be included in the game.

• 1 month later...

I guess nothing was changed or edited about national service.

Players did not get exemption(ineligible) status when winning the Asian Games

If the league format for South Korea is edited, military service seems to disappear and the roster for Sangmu becomes empty after 2 seasons and never filled beyond.

Archived