Havard Nordtveit or Ezequiel Garay

Here is a screenshot of him in 2009 and want to know is he worth 10.8M. Thinking of signing him for my Man U team as cover/long term replacement for Ferdinand. I can get Garay for 12.75 (minimum fee release) should i pay the extra 2M for Garay or stick with Nordtveit?

Ezequiel Garay:

garayoi7.th.jpg

Havard Nordtveit:

nordtveitll4.th.jpg

depends. Nordveit is one for the future. But Garay is a defender that does not defend.

I would say pay for Garay, wait for his price to shoot up, sell Garay, buy Nordveit in the future(in fact, he comes on a Bosman around 11/12 season.

For me it would have to be Nordtveit. Garay is lacking slightly in the places which differenciates the world-class from the good. Don't get me wrong, Garay is good, but when you look at key defensive stats such as tackling(14), you'll know what I mean.

Nordtveit, on the other hand, is the complete centre back. Not only is he world-class as he is at the moment, he will still improve. In one of my games, he had stats which were slightly better than the ones that you currently have with him at the moment.

Other defenders who will be worth a look are Sakho and, if you want to replace an Englishman with an Englishman, Steven Taylor. I'm not sure if you can get the latter for 10.8mill, but if you can, then great! Also, what about Pique. If you have him, he is well worth giving a chance.

To conclude what I was saying, the order in which I would rank each potential target is like this:

1. Nordtveit

2. Sakho(In a few season's, is just as good as Nordveit)

3. Taylor

4. Garay

Mind you, if you have Pique, then in my opinion, you already have Ferdinand's replacement. However, I still recommend you sign Nordtveit

Nordveit is one of the best centre backs in the game.

Garay is much better re-trained as a dm or something, he just doesn't have the stats for a good centre back, you can probably find someone better anyway.

nordtveit mate

but, considering you are manchester united, i think you should buy the best and although nordtveit is amazing, there are better. not many, but there are. buy fazio and sakho and you will be fine.

the reason i think these guys are better is because nordtveit is slow and i have never seen his pace reach past 11 whereas sakhos can go up to 15. forgot fazio's pace

reo hustler. If I remember correctly, Barcelona hesitated too much during the deal, allowing Madrid to snatch Garay under their noses. The same thing happened with Sergio Ramos afew seasons ago, and now he is one of the best right-backs in the world.

I thought he was with Barca. I just Googled him and you're right, he's with Madrid. Yeah, I may be eating crow soon.

Archived