The 'How many Leagues can my laptop/PC run on FM13 before it blows up' Thread

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If that's in reference to me, I am indeed, just ordered it the other day.

Not you mate... more at Mikke above you (post 139)...

I activated all leagues as playable, large custom database, selecting all continents 'of nation'.. gave me a head count of 352k. I hit the start game button and I get a window up says I've gone beyond a 100k limit and must reduce the head count. It won't let me start a new game otherwise. Save I'm playing now shows a max of 78k players in the search window.

I just wondered how Mikke got his 172k head count...

This limit only applies to 32-bit systems - as far as I know, the game would sometimes run out of memory with too many leagues loaded. You can select as many leagues and players as you like if you use a 64-bit system, though.

apologize in advance for my question.

I currently have these specs:

Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU E1200 @ 1.60 GHz 1.60 GHz

Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB

System Type: 32 bit operating system

computer: powerspec-v102

hard drive I'm using for FM13: 455GB free

I'm not very tech-savvy so honestly I'm not sure what much of this means. I had to get a new drive as my first one filled up.

I want a long term save (abundance of seasons) with as many detailed seasons and players without causing significant speed and crashing problems. How many leagues do you guys think it will run after a few seasons? (I saw somewhere that your game will process slower as the seasons accumulate) To start my save, I have all the lower levels (no editor) in: England, Scotland, USA, Mexico, Wales, Germany, France, Holland, Italy, Brazil and Argentina view only, Australia, Sweden and maybe a few others. Should I remove some leagues?

Let me know if I need to give any other information. Please include what is the problem with the specs if it isn't reliable...if it's not to much to ask!

Thanks for any help guys. Really appreciate it!

*I reposted this from my older thread*

I'm not very tech-savvy so honestly I'm not sure what much of this means. I had to get a new drive as my first one filled up.

I want a long term save (abundance of seasons) with as many detailed seasons and players without causing significant speed and crashing problems. How many leagues do you guys think it will run after a few seasons? (I saw somewhere that your game will process slower as the seasons accumulate) To start my save, I have all the lower levels (no editor) in: England, Scotland, USA, Mexico, Wales, Germany, France, Holland, Italy, Brazil and Argentina view only, Australia, Sweden and maybe a few others. Should I remove some leagues?

Let me know if I need to give any other information. Please include what is the problem with the specs if it isn't reliable...if it's not to much to ask!

Mate, sorry to say but that is a very weak CPU you have. It will struggle in all honesty. I'd guess it will run 2-4 leagues at most.

Please can someone tell me what this laptop will run and at what speed? And is it a good buy for £250?

Specifications:

Quad-core AMD Phenom II X4 N930 CPU

AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5470 graphics

12GB DDR3 RAM

500GB SATA Hard Drive (Brand New with Windows 7 installed)

15.6in HD Ready Screen

DVD-RW Optical Drive

HDMI and VGA Ports

Wireless b/g/n

3 USB 2.0 Ports

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Thanks in advance, im hopless at this sort of thing

with these specs you should run 1 league maximum, your CPU is horrible

Please can someone tell me what this laptop will run and at what speed? And is it a good buy for £250?

Specifications:

Quad-core AMD Phenom II X4 N930 CPU

AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5470 graphics

12GB DDR3 RAM

500GB SATA Hard Drive (Brand New with Windows 7 installed)

15.6in HD Ready Screen

DVD-RW Optical Drive

HDMI and VGA Ports

Wireless b/g/n

3 USB 2.0 Ports

Thanks in advance, im hopless at this sort of thing

its fine for 30 000~ players i would guess, medium speed

To be honest, I'm not sure you are totally accurate with some of the last predictions. I have runs 3-4 seasons multiple times with just over 60000 players. I'm not saying my PC is very good at all especially compared to the newer ones out here, and it does slow down. But only one league might be a little harsh. But if it's able to do that good as stated above, surely it can do 3-6 leagues for 7- 10 seasons? Not trying to act defensive or anything but I'm not sure how it could drop off so quickly. Thanks

Can i ask how you guys work this out? Or is there a prog that i can use to check?

I dont want to post every laptop i look at

With am i7 quad core processor will the game rum at decent speed on laptop? I dont have the room for a desktop but i want the laptop to run it at a decent speed

i am pretty sure my pc can handle all leagues with the lowest possible divisions with all being playable.

Intel i7 3820 @3.6ghz (quad core)

16 Gb ddr3 ram @ 1600mhz

Nvidia Gtx 690

240 GB SSD for OS and FM

To be honest, I'm not sure you are totally accurate with some of the last predictions. I have runs 3-4 seasons multiple times with just over 60000 players. I'm not saying my PC is very good at all especially compared to the newer ones out here, and it does slow down. But only one league might be a little harsh. But if it's able to do that good as stated above, surely it can do 3-6 leagues for 7- 10 seasons? Not trying to act defensive or anything but I'm not sure how it could drop off so quickly. Thanks

you have a single core 1,6ghz athlon, and playing with 60 000 players? sure its possible, can you stop the time you wait for 1 week to pass by? like 25 minutes or what?

i am pretty sure my pc can handle all leagues with the lowest possible divisions with all being playable.

Intel i7 3820 @3.6ghz (quad core)

16 Gb ddr3 ram @ 1600mhz

Nvidia Gtx 690

240 GB SSD for OS and FM

Seriously why bother posting when you know that PC can handle anything.

you have a single core 1,6ghz athlon, and playing with 60 000 players? sure its possible, can you stop the time you wait for 1 week to pass by? like 25 minutes or what?

No it's not anywhere near 25 min, but I can see how a longer loading time would put people off. More importantly for my situation is I do think it will get drastically worse as the seasons progress. Because of this thread I've decided to cut my leagues by a big amount. (Although not as much as only have 1 league left.) I think I found a good balance on my PC so thanks to everybody for the help.

Hello all, wondering if someone can assist here. My laptop seems to have died a death yesterday and I need to get a new one. I have targeted 3 in my price bracket but would like someone with a bit more computer know how to let me know which will be the better option for me to buy

SAMSUNG Series 3 NP350V5C-A0AUK *- Intel® Pentium™ B970 Processor (2.30 GHz, DMI 5 GT/s, 2 MB cache)

Intel® Pentium® B970 processor

Windows 8

Memory: 6 GB

Hard drive: 500 GB

HP Pavilion g6-2210sa - Intel® Core™ i5-3210M processor (2.5 GHz, 3.1 GHz with Turboboost, 3 MB L3 cache)

Intel® Core™ i5-3210M processor

Windows 8

Memory: 6 GB

Hard drive: 1 TB

LENOVO G580 - Intel® Core® i5-3210M processor (2.5GHz, 3 MB cache)

Intel® Core™ i5-3210M processor

Windows 8

Memory: 8 GB

Hard drive: 500 GB

Any kind of advice would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
I have laptop ASUS N55S

Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

RAM : 8 GB

NVidia GeForce GT 635M 2Go

On FM13, I run something like 40 leagues from 15 countries and 270000 players. It's OK ;)

Wow that is a lot for a laptop! As for you saying "It's OK", How quick is ok for you?

Thanks.

There's not really an easy answer to any of these questions, although welshace and others are doing a good job of it.

The question is really "Will my computer run this?" In most cases it will apart from the really terribly specced ones. From there, it's quite easy to answer how many leagues you can run - as many as you want. It all depends what you class as tolerable for speed, as welshace has said many times on this thread.

For every league, you'll add a processing overhead and x number of players. At some point in adding leagues, it'll get to the point you think is too much.

For the most part, the graphics card matters very little unless you want perfect 3D performance in the ME. For that, anything above an integrated graphics card on laptops will probably do, although with enough system RAM for the card to dip into, some integrated solutions will be fine.

4Gb RAM will be OK to run a good number of leagues, but nothing massive. 6 or 8 will give you a boost.

Processor is what really matters - if you have an i7 or i5 (or AMD equivalent, whatever that is), go adding leagues like you're on methamphetamines, knock yourself out. Anything lower than that, just be selective.

From my experience, FM13 handles longer saves quite well, which is something 12 was terrible for. There isn't a noticeable slowdown between playing in 2043 and playing in 2013 (I'm in 2050 now). I managed most of my save on a pretty rubbish dual core CPU with 4Gb of RAM. Sure it was hotter than Satan's arsehole at times and sometimes went into a self-inflicted coma if it was too hot, but it was speedy with a handful of nations and leagues (probably about 5 nations, ~20 leagues). My newer laptop will probably run whatever I throw at it, but yet to find the sweet spot.

I have just started a new save and was wondering if my laptop will manage 20+ seasons quickish and without killing itself.

So I have a Sony Vaio with:

Intel core I3 m370 2.40ghz

4gb ram

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

Leagues and amount of players:

Large DB

England-league 2

Italy-Serie B

Holland-Jupliar

France-National

Belgium,Scotland,Ireland,N Ireland and Wales all leagues

35,000 players total.

Cheers guys.

How would the macbook air fair with FM? http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_air

Or is it worth getting a pro for the extra performance/price?

Or this spec Toshiba Satellite;

AMD A10-4600m 2.3GHz

1GB Graphics

4GB Ram

For the money macs cost, you could get a laptop that would run everything for the foreseeable future. Not getting into a mac vs PC debate, as there's probably a reason you want one, but price wise they just don't stack up. I shudder at playing FM on a 15.6" screen (I've always been a widescreen man) so can't imagine I'd enjoy it much on an even smaller screen than that like on those airs.

How much is that Toshiba? You could probably get better than that - I'd up the RAM in particular. Not sure how the processor stacks up against Intels, but should be alright.

What about mine, I have always gone with the recommended settings but can see from some of the replies here that I could get more. I have always fancied having a huge amount of players in the database as I always play long term games with a view to developing my youth from under 18's to world super stars. What should I be able to run with the following spec.

Windows 7 64bit OS

AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, 3.20 GHz

ATI Radeon HD5750 Graphics Card

8GB of RAM

What about mine, I have always gone with the recommended settings but can see from some of the replies here that I could get more. I have always fancied having a huge amount of players in the database as I always play long term games with a view to developing my youth from under 18's to world super stars. What should I be able to run with the following spec.

Windows 7 64bit OS

AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, 3.20 GHz

ATI Radeon HD5750 Graphics Card

8GB of RAM

With 64 bit there is no hard limit on players (I think there is on 32 bit systems). You've got three cores on the processor, decent graphics, decent RAM...ramp it up and see what happens. You can get way more than the recommended I'd wager.

Can you help me?

-------------------------

ADM Athlon II X2 245 Processor 2.90 GHz

RAM: 3,25 Gb

1Tb hard drive

Windows 7(32bit)

-------------------------

When i load database with about 7-8 leagues and 50-55k players, games show me half of one star. Of course star rating is not so objective factor but...How many leagues and players i can load, what do you think?

I'll post in here to save making a new thread, I've ordered a new laptop which should be here by the end of month. Same question as OP, how many leagues/players will I manage if want a quick game speed, and how many if I'm willing for it to run a little slower?

New Specs:

Core I7 3610QM

8 GB RAM (1600 MHz)

Nvidia GTX 660M

Asus G55, anyone?

How many leagues am I looking at being able to run with the following:

Intel i5 2500K overclocked to 4.5GHz

16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

nVidia GTX 560Ti 1GB Graphics Card

Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit

Really not sure how many is too many and if the in-game performance thing is actually accurate?

How many leagues/nations do we think a Macbook Air can run? Would it be worth getting the Pro for faster speeds etc?

If you were to play FM13 on a MacBook Air, you would practically be maxing out the laptops CPU & Memory just to play it on a very basic league and database setting, (MacBook Air 1.8ghz / 4GB Ram.) It would be best to get a Pro or something with a spec of (2.2GHZ, 8GB Ram and Intel 3000 Graphics) or higher.

Archived