The 'How many Leagues can my laptop/PC run on FM13 before it blows up' Thread

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic input welshace helping us all out

I3 processor 2.4ghz

2gb ram although I'm looking to upgrade to 4 although when I FM I onlyy

FM and no YouTube etc

What will the two gb run? I want to have about 15 leagues in 6 countries with a medium db

Macbook Pro mid-late 2010 model

2.4 GHZ i5

4 GB DDR3

Hoping I can run all the leagues including lower leagues in England, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Holland, Scotland.

You can, but the game will run in real time.

Anyone got any advice on my specs a few posts up?

the processor will run that amount of leagues fine im sure... the ram may become an issue after a few seasons, but it all depends on how your pc runs really, if you can upgrade, do so, its cheap as chips these days .

My specs:

Intel Core i3 2,13GHz

4GB RAM DDR3

ATI Radeon HD 5650 1GB VRAM

similar to justino...

10-15 leagues will push a little i3 after a few seasons, but it all depends on how fast you want the game to play

Hi

How many leagues can I run?

A-Data GAMING 2x4GB, 1600MHz DDR3, CL9, Radiator

Intel CORE I5 2500K 3.3GHz LGA1155 BOX

ASRock P67 PRO3 (B3) Intel P67 LGA 1155

Sapphire HD7850 2G GDDR5 PCI-E DVI-I / HDMI / DUAL MINI DP 11200-00-20G

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD1 Disc

What do You think?

The thing is, any processor can run any amount of leagues. It will just take long to process.

If you start with 20 leagues then sure it might run well for a few seasons. But if you get 10 years in it will start to slow.

I wouldn't run anything like that without an i5

yes, it will certainly run 25 leagues + mate... easily i'd say...

windows 8 is optimised for tablets and touch screen technology..

it's basically two contradicting OS's in one and they both fail horribly.

if you look back over 20 years of microsoft release history you find a simple pattern... firstly a release, secondly a 'consumer release' which is basically a bug ridden, mess of an update to the previous windows full of crazy ideas that never..ever...ever work...

eg:

Windows 3 = superb... sold millions and millions... became the top OS around.

windows 95 = was great in idea, basically the framework for what windows is now, but was buggy and huge driver issues etc

windows 98 = basically windows 95 .. but done right.. brilliant.

windows me - biggest fail so far

windows xp = best OS so far :) brilliant

vista = ... do i really need to go into why it was crap?

windows 7 = polished and good :)

windows 8 = .... just ,truly , awful.

LOL he's saying it will be so slow that it will take 24 hours to play even one day in game......

:D Damn :( my macbook is not even quite 2 years old but seems like I need a new pc to play all the leagues from 6 different nations.

I have a pretty fast system:

Core I7 960 (hexacore)

Radeon 5970

both of which are liquid cooled.

24GB RAM (even though FM 13 wont use any more than 4 GB of it due to it being a 32-bit App)

I tried just for fun to max out the games database with 251,000 players and 18 playable leagues selected, I then went to custom and chose to load ALL players from the continents of Europe and South-america , needless to say I am not expecting playable performance with this size of database, i just did it for fun, (its STILL loading the game after well over 20 mins) haha

EDIT: thats 18 NATIONS selected not LEAGUES some nations have multiple leagues selected so the game told me it was in excess of 48 leagues HAHAHAHA

So would you say id be ok to play it with:

Processor - Genuine Intel® CPU T2080 @ 1.73GHz

Memory - 1.00GB

as long as I had no other programmes running at the same time as playing Football Manager?

You would you probably manage 1-2 leagues at most imo and even then it will probably run slow.

Have an old 2009 Macbook Pro.

Ran all FM's perfectly for what I wanted/needed in the past with about 7 countries worth of leagues...never any issues with it heating up a lot, or the fan being on etc

However, so far during FM2013, the fan's been on practically non stop, and the machine's quite hot on the bottom.

2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

That right?

Have an old 2009 Macbook Pro.

Ran all FM's perfectly for what I wanted/needed in the past with about 7 countries worth of leagues...never any issues with it heating up a lot, or the fan being on etc

However, so far during FM2013, the fan's been on practically non stop, and the machine's quite hot on the bottom.

2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

That right?

Mine reaches 88F just browsing net after about 4 hours or more with fan speed around 2000rpm sometimes 3500. After playing football manager for few hours its same temperature.

It's common apparently for macs to get that hot, don't worry your machine sounds fine to me :)

HP Pavililion G6

Windows 7 64-bit

AMD E2-3000M APU with Radeon HD Graphics (2 CPUs) 1.8ghz

8GB RAM

In the beta I get 0.5 stars for Performance and with just the English leagues selected I have 0.5 stars for game speed. This is annoying. I only bought the laptop three months ago. I guess the problem is the processor, which I underestimated the need for running FM, expecting RAM to be more important. Although FM12 ran fine with 10 or so leagues. Is there anything I can do to get more out of it?

HP Pavililion G6

Windows 7 64-bit

AMD E2-3000M APU with Radeon HD Graphics (2 CPUs) 1.8ghz

8GB RAM

In the beta I get 0.5 stars for Performance and with just the English leagues selected I have 0.5 stars for game speed. This is annoying. I only bought the laptop three months ago. I guess the problem is the processor, which I underestimated the need for running FM, expecting RAM to be more important. Although FM12 ran fine with 10 or so leagues. Is there anything I can do to get more out of it?

Please tell me you paid no more than £350 for this laptop? If you did, then you've wasted your money imo. I reckon probably 12 leagues would be ok.

I'm looking to buy a Laptop later today. I'm just talking about the standard ones you get from currys etc.. £400-£450.

I know i3-i5s around 2.4ghz and 4-6gb RAM is fine. I only play 6-8 leagues. My concern is the graphics card. Most I am looking at do not have dedicated graphics cards. Most have shared and some don't say anything on the description. I'm not interested in playing 3D. Will these laptops be fine? Cheers.

Hi, new to this site, but not to Football Manager. After a hiatus of 3 years I am back but have noticed that the specifications of FM have changed dramatically since I last owned a copy of Football Manager. I was just wondering if my laptop (which isn't that old) could run FM 2013.

Here are the specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Intel Pentium P6200 @ 2.13 GHz

2 Gb RAM

Because this laptop isn't built for video gaming in the slightest of respects it does contain a graphic chip, albeit a rather crap one from Intel. It's basically a bog standard Intel Graphics Chip.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Archived