The 'How many Leagues can my laptop/PC run on FM13 before it blows up' Thread

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, can you tell me where I could improve in terms of speed and being able to load up quite a few leagues etc

My system is as follows:-

Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz

2.0 GHz

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit

Intel® G41 Express Chipset (graphics card)

177.6 GB free disk space

My monitor unfortunately has pixels that have basically died and left a horrible black smudge on my screen, so that needs replacing, there not much these days for a decent one.

Any ideas where I can improve my set up?

Cheers, tbh.

Hoping to pick up a new(er) machine in the next month or so. What could I get comfortably away with on the following spec'd machine?

MacOSX

Intel Xeon W3540 @ 2.93Ghz

8GB RAM

NVidia GeForce GT120

not very clued up on the xeon's if i'm honest, but if i remember right, they are below i7 standard, i would expect 10-15 leagues would push it

but as i said, i might be way off with this... I'll let someone more knowledgable on those particular chips to let you know lol

Well,my current laptop processor is an Intel Core i3 of 2.5 Ghz capacity and i have loaded more than 20 leagues and is still going with no problem.In terms of processing speed i tend to face other weirder problems than some more leagues though lol:rolleyes:

Could anyone help with this. My Specs

Technical Details

Intel Pentium P6100 2.0 GHz Processor

4GB RAM, 500GB HDD

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

How many leagues could I run and how many if I upgraded the ram to 8GB?

Also when people say 15-20 leagues is that including all the leagues of one country? e.g Prem, Championship, League 1, League 2 would be 4 leagues and then if you run the lower leagues then that would take up further part of the 15-20 leagues?

How many leagues would I be able to run on my new macbook? Recently got it and just purchased Fm2013.

Macbook Air 13-inch, Mid 2012

Processor 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB

Software OS X 10.8.2

Ok, I have one as well; planning to build a new system next month:

How many could I comfortably run on:

I3 3220

8GB RAM

120 GB SSD + 350 GB HDD

And for the tech-gurus:

Still undecided on the GPU... I'm not a hardcore gamer (95% FM and 5% CIV5, COD, etc but nothing on Ultra High)

I want 5 star graphic performance for FM13.

Should I go with HD6670 or HD7770?

Of even a third option?

cheers

I like the 7770 Eric, it's always been a powerhouse.. I'd go that that.

The CPU will be your bottleneck though, it's a bit underpowered compared to the rest of your build, If you can afford it , upgrade to a decent i5 (which shouldn't be that much of a jump price wise) and you'll be set

I like the 7770 Eric, it's always been a powerhouse.. I'd go that that.

The CPU will be your bottleneck though, it's a bit underpowered compared to the rest of your build, If you can afford it , upgrade to a decent i5 (which shouldn't be that much of a jump price wise) and you'll be set

Thanks for the info.

Hmm, back to the drawing board it is then (i3-i5)

• 2 weeks later...
not very clued up on the xeon's if i'm honest, but if i remember right, they are below i7 standard, i would expect 10-15 leagues would push it

but as i said, i might be way off with this... I'll let someone more knowledgable on those particular chips to let you know lol

Good enough then to play the few leagues I tend to :) thanks for the reply.

I really would like to know this. I can currently run about two or three leagues reasonably (slow but acceptable) on my Macbook Pro which has the following specifications:

Current Macbook Pro:

14" monitor 1280x800 (the thing that most annoys me aside from the speed is scrolling down for 3-4 players)

2.4ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

4gB 1067mh DD3 ram

256gB 5200RPM hdd

What can I expect from my new system I've just ordered? Had to sell so much music gear to buy this just to play FM to the max lol (and also get into different gaming seen as though EA Sport ruined FIFA with FIFA13):

New Laptop:

17.3" (43.94 cm) WideFHD (1920 x 1080) WLED LCD

3rd Generation Intel® CoreTM i7-3840QM Processor (8MB Cache, up to 3.8GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0)

32GB 1600MHZ DDR3 SDRAM (4 x 8GB)

750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive + 64GB mSATA SSD (will upgrade to 480gB SSD soon Intel 520)

2GB DDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680M

How many leagues? Will all my graphics run smoothly? Will I be able to fit more than 21-22 players in the main screen? Will I finally be able to find unknowns like Puscas by loading each and every player? I tried that with my Mac and it didn't die... it barely ran and when it came to match day the speeds were embarrassing to say the least but I was happy it never froze or crashed so I have hope with the new pc that I'll be able to run 200,000-300,000 players so can I finally play and not restart my game each time I want "a new adventure" and finally build a team of regens like I've always wanted :-)

Any responses would be greatly appreciated I know dick all I literally copied and pasted everything lol.

.... you'll run anything you like with that setup Sdil.... 30 leagues and 150,000k database including those unknown mexicans/brazilians we all love so much easily...

don't you worry...

That's great I read a lot of reviews saying that newer PCs were having trouble running FM13 specifically but a lot of them weren't as spec'd as this laptop I guess with the RAM, CPU and SSD. Admittedly I won't be able to probably run EVERY player as I'd need a desktop PC for that but I'd still like 4-5x the regular amount so I don't get bored so quickly from a lack of selection of real players and always relying on regens even though they have their place too. I'd really like to be able to finally hear sound on FM for the first time in 4-5 years too since it became too slow on all my PCs I owned since then (previous ones though worked a treat!).

2-year old laptop here but was top of the line when I bought it. Somehow FM13 is looking very slugggish on it:

ASUS RoG G73JW with i7 Q740M Intel CPU, NVidia GTX 460M with 1.5GB dedicated RAM, 8GB of RAM, 120GB SSD Corsair

The thing is that 3D Mark Vantage Performance score gives approx 5000 for GPU and the CPU score fluctuates between 5000 and 18000 :s Wondering if a clean install is in order?

When in game and you reduce the number of leagues the game says they will be cut starting from the next 20th June, that's fine but how to see how many players I will have after the reduction ? Am I forced to wait for the 20th of the next June to know that ? Thx

On reading the thread that mentions the difficulty in selling players, and that the transfer market is "boosted" by loading lots of different nations, I'm thinking of starting a new game with plenty of leagues/medium DB.

What could I get away with on this PC:

Windows 7 64-bit

Intel i3 @ 3GHz

8Gb DDR3 RAM

AMD Radeon HD6870 (if that makes a difference?)

My PC performance is rated at 5 stars, game speed with England L2 and above, France top 2, Italy top 2, Germany top 2, Spain top 2 and large DB was rated at 4 stars...

On reading the thread that mentions the difficulty in selling players, and that the transfer market is "boosted" by loading lots of different nations, I'm thinking of starting a new game with plenty of leagues/medium DB.

What could I get away with on this PC:

Windows 7 64-bit

Intel i3 @ 3GHz

8Gb DDR3 RAM

AMD Radeon HD6870 (if that makes a difference?)

My PC performance is rated at 5 stars, game speed with England L2 and above, France top 2, Italy top 2, Germany top 2, Spain top 2 and large DB was rated at 4 stars...

Its not boosted, if anything its the opposite. I have problems buying and selling every year and I always push my system past the recommended limits.

I have..

i7 3770 @3.5

8GB Ram

SSD

200,000 players, 42 leagues (I think) and its slowish imo but could be normal.. I was recommended only to have 125,000 players. But said balls to that..

I dont think anyone could run everything at a decent speed.

The slowness varies a lot during the year when you have many leagues.

It happens that for few weeks you have an acceptable speed then in certain periods all of a sudden you can wait up to 5 minutes to process what ?

I can't understand why this huge difference and I am not speaking about the end of the year.

The slowness varies a lot during the year when you have many leagues.

It happens that for few weeks you have an acceptable speed then in certain periods all of a sudden you can wait up to 5 minutes to process what ?

I can't understand why this huge difference and I am not speaking about the end of the year.

Yeah, pre season takes foreever.. Mid october and it flies (sort of) thru..

Overall I'm not impressed. I expect my comp to perform much better than it does.. I wouldnt mind but it isnt even push my comp to much more than a quarter of what its capable

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of getting back into FM after not bothering for the last few years, problem is my PC is a bit of a dinosaur. Is there any point getting it with this setup?

Windows XP SP3

Pentium 4 3GHz

3GB RAM

128MB ATI Radeon X600 SE

According to systemrequirementslab.com I should be fine apart from the graphics card but that doesn't sound right to me. If it is though, any recommendations for a graphics card?

Intel i7-2720QM @ 2.2 GHz

8 GB RAM

Win 7 Professional 64-bit

NVIDIA NVS 4200M

I'm running all the possible leagues with large database, and so far my laptop hasn't blown up :)

many leagues do you run exactly? I am looking to buy a new laptop in the new year

many leagues do you run exactly? I am looking to buy a new laptop in the new year
Sorry, I don't know if the amount of leagues can be seen anywhere after starting the game, and you better believe I'm not gonna count how many leagues the game has (maybe someone can tell me?)

My approximate player count however is 172000, recommended for my system would be 125000. Estimated game speed is half a star :D

It's certainly not fast, but I've always played with every possible league, if possible. Maybe I have too much time...

Thinking of getting back into FM after not bothering for the last few years, problem is my PC is a bit of a dinosaur. Is there any point getting it with this setup?

Windows XP SP3

Pentium 4 3GHz

3GB RAM

128MB ATI Radeon X600 SE

According to systemrequirementslab.com I should be fine apart from the graphics card but that doesn't sound right to me. If it is though, any recommendations for a graphics card?

Sorry for the bump, but any idea if this setup would be able to run the new game?

• 1 month later...

Archived