The 'How many Leagues can my laptop/PC run on FM13 before it blows up' Thread

There's normally one of these every year, we know there is the recommended amount set by the game but it'll be good to know what the average opinions are.

My Specs:

Pentium R Dual Core CPU T4500 @ 2.3GHz

Windows 8 64Bit

3GB Ram

Intel 4 Series Express chipset integrated graphic card

In all realism I'm looking at a stretch of about playable 4-5 leagues?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll post in here to save making a new thread, I've ordered a new laptop which should be here by the end of month. Same question as OP, how many leagues/players will I manage if want a quick game speed, and how many if I'm willing for it to run a little slower?

New Specs:

Core I7 3610QM

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

8 GB RAM (1600 MHz)

Nvidia GTX 660M

I'll post in here to save making a new thread, I've ordered a new laptop which should be here by the end of month. Same question as OP, how many leagues/players will I manage if want a quick game speed, and how many if I'm willing for it to run a little slower?

New Specs:

Core I7 3610QM

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

8 GB RAM (1600 MHz)

Nvidia GTX 660M

as many as you want? but I suspect you know this!

mac's *shudder*..

If i remember right the 13 inch comes with a mid range i5 right?

you could run your 20 leagues and large database fairly well for sure.. don't expect super fast processing though... my old laptop was similar specs and i'd run 20 odd leagues and 150,000 player database (which is way over 'large') and it ran fine for me... but took a while to process..

it is all down to personal preference on what you consider as playable

My Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.2GHz

Windows Vista

3GB Ram

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600

With these specs, can I run 5 leagues with Large database?

Thanks.

Looks similar to the laptop I had previously and I ran a lot more than 5 on FM12 so I think you should be good.

as many as you want? but I suspect you know this!

I expect its a lot but I'm not that tech savvy to put a number to it. I play 6-8 leagues on my current laptop (core 2 duo t8100, 4GB RAM, integrated graphics) and it was tediously slow. I just wanted a realistic number of players/leagues without reducing game speed.

I expect its a lot but I'm not that tech savvy to put a number to it. I play 6-8 leagues on my current laptop (core 2 duo t8100, 4GB RAM, integrated graphics) and it was tediously slow. I just wanted a realistic number of players/leagues without reducing game speed.

fair enough...

20-30 leagues and 200k player database will run smooth and lovely

mac's *shudder*..

Ahhh, the one immutable constant of the internet. Every time someone mentions Macs, at LEAST one PC lover simply won't be able to restrain themselves from making some negative comment, however small. Note that this rule does not apply in reverse, as a conversation about PC specs can happily take place without a Mac user coming in and randomly saying something along the lines of "PC's *shudder*"

To the original Mac poster, which of the two 13" models will you be buying?

ahhh the highly defensive mac user appears... and attacks without considering I may have good reason to shudder at the thought of a mac...

I'm a computer scientist and therefore immerse myself in the world of PC architecture and software. Mac's are a foreign and scary concept to those like me and therefore like an invading alien race to our planet , I shun it and all its kind. (not really though, i use mac's on a daily basis, and have done for many years, and still despise them for their flaws... but you came here to hear how foolish and narrow minded PC users are right?).

But no, seriously, Mac's have their place, I'm still of the opinion that their place is firmly in the audio and visual world and the like ..

I could go on to start a debate about the endless issues with mac's such as :

• the still vastly overpricing

• the lack of 3rd party support

• the laughable perceived lack of virus, and how brilliant its virus protection is

• the 'brilliant' support for high end graphics for gamers

• the customisability of the OS

but that would be foolish given the die hard attitude and over protective nature of most mac users and apple users in general....

and as my very learned friend tends to say.... I hate mac's by proxy tbh... it's mostly almost every user of a mac i've met that i dont like , not the mac itself...

I'm going to buy a 13 inch Macbook pro, not for football manager but for work reasons.

However, I will be buying football manager, i'm assuming I could pretty much play a large database with 20 plus leagues?

I don't think so. On my 13' macbook pro (2.3GHz i5, 8gb Ram) I play about 10-15 leagues and it gets a bit slow after a few seasons. By 10-15 leagues I mean UK (4 divisions), Italy (2 divisions), Germany (2 divisions), Spain (4 divisions)

I find that with any more than this the game gets too slow for me after a few seasons.

If you are planning on using your current laptop for FM13, you might want to take this time of "pre-FM13" to select all leagues in FM12, and run a trial game to see what happens. I am doing that now, and it is giving me a good idea that my laptop can probably handle it, at least for a few game years. Since the game I started isn't a "career" game, I wasn't going to be too upset if it went wonky after a while, and would give me a good idea what could be handled when I do start an FM13 game when it comes out.

AMD A6 Vision - 3410MX APU with Radeon TM Graphics 1.60ghz

Windows 7 64bit

4gb Ram

Hopefully about 25 leagues.

]

not likely at all..

that processor is about on par with an entry level to low mid level i3 ... so expect 15 leagues to be pushing it after a few seasons...

]

not likely at all..

that processor is about on par with an entry level to low mid level i3 ... so expect 15 leagues to be pushing it after a few seasons...

I'll get it to 20, it's all about the database size really and a clean PC is a quick PC.

But hopefully the add/remove league feature works properly...

well yeah of course... i'm only speaking of my own personal experience really daz... I mean you can obviously pile on more leagues, but im just basing it on what I feel is a comfortable speed to play at .. which as you say, is subjective...

people might be happy running 30 leagues on an old core 2 duo, but the speed of processing the game would be excrutiatingly slow for me

and obviously it depends on how far you run the game and the rest of your system really

up to 30 seasons?!

not a huge amount without seeing significant slow down id say.... id not want to run more than 80k players on a chip like that but as people point out .. it's all a matter of preference on how much slow down you can handle.

Thanks for the response. I probably wouldn't have as many as 80k anyway, more like 50k/60k.

I'm guessing my answer will be "as much as I want," but here goes:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Intel Core i7 3770K oc'd to 4400 MHz

nVIDIA GeForce GTX 680

16 GB RAM

SSD storage

Clearly this setup is meant to handle more than the likes of Football Manager, but it's still the game I spend the most hours playing. Anyway, the plan is for a Roy Hodgson-esque career save so... will probly scale back from "everything" a bit just to ensure long-term stability if the thread recommends such.

nVIDIA GeForce GTX 680

16 GB RAM

SSD storage

The plan is for a Roy Hodgson-esque career save so... will probly scale back from "everything" a bit just to ensure long-term stability if the thread recommend such.

clearly you will run whatever you feel you want to on that... systems dont get much better for the casual end user

you'll run the ones mentioned fine tony... unless you mean ALL the leagues in the game ...

it will be way over the recommended setup for sure , but ive run a similar i5 processor and had a similar game setup running fine

Thanks. Sorry I did mean all the leagues from the countries I mentioned England, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Holland, Scotland including lower leagues and maximum database. I dont mind if it is a bit slower, I compensate speed for more in depth gameplay :)

Basically just looking for confirmation that given those specs I should ignore star ratings and red-text warnings. I kinda paid attention to them in my FM12 save but I'm thinking that wasn't necessary.

as a rule of thumb.. i took what the recommended set up was and added an extra 50-70% more on top lol ... i never payed any attention to them tbh...

it's just a matter of trial and error at the end of the day, because let's face it, we can suggest amounts all day long in here but there are any number of factors stopping people playing with as much as they should do... clogged up systems, faulty hardware on its way out etc

I have an HP Pavilion with these specs:

Windows 7 home premium, 64-bit

Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 / 2.2 GHz

4 GB memory

Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics

And was able to run 30-plus leagues and a database of over 100,000 players on FM12. The game did slow a bit in later seasons, but since I tend to play slowly anyway, and like a detailed game-world, it was never an issue. I'm going to try running around 25 leagues on FM13 and see how it goes.

nVIDIA GeForce GTX 680

16 GB RAM

SSD storage

Clearly this setup is meant to handle more than the likes of Football Manager, but it's still the game I spend the most hours playing. Anyway, the plan is for a Roy Hodgson-esque career save so... will probly scale back from "everything" a bit just to ensure long-term stability if the thread recommends such.

Think I'll be in the same boat as you then:

Intel Core i7 x990 o/c to 3.47GHz

AMD Radeon HD6950 x2

24 GB RAM

SSD storage

Looking forward to FM13!

this is just turning into a mine is bigger than yours thread.

Mine seems quite small in comparison and I'm feeling somewhat inadequate as a result.:(

To be fair it is interesting to see what people who understand these numbers and letters (which is all they are to me) think the respective systems can satisfactorily handle.

Archived