cockney ryming slang in fm commentry

i thing it would be a fun feature to allow and option for cockney rhyming slang in matchday commentry

eg Podolski gathers the albert hall shoots and hits the beans on toast

Podolski gathers the ball shoots and hits the post

if you talk cockney rhyming you wouldn't use both words instead of having "Podolski gathers the Albert hall and shoots and hits the beans on toast" it would be "Podolski gathers the Albert and he hits the Beans"

the only reason I say this is because otherwise it wouldn't fit into the commentary bar and it sounds right like this. Sorry for sounding like the grammar Police, I would like to see this as Cockney rhyming is a proper language and although some see it as a gimmick it is a real language, which is starting to die which is actually quite sad.

Cockney rhyming is a proper language and although some see it as a gimmick it is a real language, which is starting to die which is actually quite sad.

If we're going to be pedantic, it's a dialect of English, not a language in its own right.

Are there any cockney's left? They all moved to Essex I think or their mums dads did

yup there are still a few cockneys left my whole family moved to Essex like you said they didn't like how the East End was turning out and tbh with the way it has turned out I am quite happy except I would of received some free Olympic tickets :D

Archived