Sports Interactive Community
GlesgaKillie

Assymetrical 2-2-2-2-2 - EPL Win with Swansea 1st season.

Well done mate, What's match prep ?

Very High defensive positioning until all the bars are filled then teamwork on very low thereafter.

I am entering each day this forum only for posts like this one.. Cheers i will try it with my Dortmund side and post (:

Thanks dude, enjoy!

Trying out the tactic with Liverpool, looking forward to see how it goes. Quick question, in the team talks, what do you do if you are 3 goals clear at half time? Also what do you do at full time?

Chrissy, Just playing my first match with your tactic and it's brilliant to watch...I took a bit of a gamble and applied the tactic for the Milan derby (I'm Inter)...I've absolutely smashed aC Milan very convicingly as well....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/intervacmilansplitview.png/

The movement from the top 4 players caused AC so many problems and to my amazement had 3 penalties in the forst 28 mins...the passing and ball retention from the midfield is really good...put FM13 on hold for a bit pls,HAHAHA...

Well done!!!

Downloaded it, been using it with PSG, signed Di Natale to play the DLF role, has done well, along with Nene set as the winger, Nene has 10 assists in 4 games, only downsides are the amount of long shots by the midfielders, although that's probably just Verratti/Lavezzi/Nene, not to do with the tactic, and the defense is a bit weak, conceding at least 1 a game, but scoring a few, I'm getting lots of chances, just can't seem to score, always hit straight at the keeper, but again, that's down to the players, not the tactic, so overall, a really good tactic, good passing, attractive football, good to watch.

Made a tweak on the defensive tactic and dropped the defensive midfielder into centre back position, so flat back 4 with the rest the same. Seems more solid, only thing that worries me is the link between defense and midfield might not be as effective, will let you know anyway.

Made a tweak on the defensive tactic and dropped the defensive midfielder into centre back position, so flat back 4 with the rest the same. Seems more solid, only thing that worries me is the link between defense and midfield might not be as effective, will let you know anyway.

Iv'e tried that already bud.

Will i'll be honest folks, the tactics biggest plus is also its biggest minus. Its very "spaceous". You can't play a flatback four and still have the same options going forward. Doesn't work at all. Even tried variations where the DLC and RB are on "always forward runs" to try and mimic the original version.

The defensive version I have given is slightly better though and not so cavalier but the LB needs that DLMC for an "out".

By all means tweak and have fun with it, but I just play with the original and be damned if I get pumped lol.

The opposition is exploiting the gap between DMC and DC like crazy. Receiving tons of goals. What could I do to stop that?

Its a flaw in the tactic. Iv'e never claimed its perfect!

You could revert to a flat back four but in all honesty if its just purely results your after then other tactics are probably for you dude. The defensive version is a bit tighter but not much.

No matter what team I am, I just can't finish, I get so many shots, but the conversion rate is terrible, get like 20 shots on target, with about 6-7 on target :/ used this with PSG, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Take long shots off the MCR. That will help your conversion rate.

I have done, they'll just get to stupid angles and have a pop, costing me games, bar that it's a good tactic, nice and fluent passing.

Hello, going to give this a quick go.

Do you by any chance have the opposite version ? I don't want to mess anything up by trying to recreate myself ?

Thanks, good tactic presentation.

Btw folks this tactic works very well in beta FM13.

Just change the AMC to a treq, LB to a wingback and anchorman for DMC.

Btw folks this tactic works very well in beta FM13.

Just change the AMC to a treq, LB to a wingback and anchorman for DMC.

For sure! :)

Mucking about in the BETA with Man United, and I found that literally moving the same player to their new position (IE. Moving Nani from the AMR to AML) all across the board and you should have no issues. Maybe tweak the individual set pieces, but I've only done a few games. Attacking wise it's immense, and very unique. But make sure you do the changes Glesga pointed out.

Also, the defensive one seems to be pretty solid too, but I prefer the original. I can make do with 8-2 scorelines for a while :D

I'm french, can you tell me what is a "treq" because i don't understand... Anchorman is a CD? Thank's

treq is trequartista role. Anchorman is the defensive midfielder

Tried with Birmingham, wasn't great at all.

Hammered by Peterborough, Middlesbrough, Palace and got a 1-1 draw with Sunderland.

Probably down to the players mind, but gonna stick at it

Gave it a shot but I can't really say it's working wonders or anything.

Like most tactics works fine for a few games but then stops working and the results drop down to narrow wins or draws.

trying this with celtic, managed to lose 1-0 to a unknown team in the 3rd Qual of the champions league, dominated game also with 79% possesion and still lost :O

Won treble with Barcelona scoring over 200 goals. Switched to the defensive version (RWB moved back to FB) halfway through with much more consistent results and defending

Gonna give it a go. What should the training and match prep be?

Tactics and Att Movement?

Very High defensive positioning until all the bars are filled then teamwork on very low thereafter.

Oh Sorry. Just seen this.

What kind of player should the WM on the left be? Should he just fit the standard "WM" attributes?

I played Fabregas and Anderson with good results

I played Fabregas and Anderson with good results

Marvellous, thank you for the reply. I'll try converting Aaron Ramsey to an ML - will be a nice little experiment.

This tactics working very well for me on the Beta so far. Playing as CSKA and musa a player with 7 finshing and 10 compusre bagged a hattrick in the first game! I move the wbr back to fb aswell.

Do you have any defensive tweeks we could use when we want to defend a lead in the 2nd half? Losing my lead too many times because opponent is counter attacking my possession football.