First team I'll be managing on FM13...

I'll be continuing my career from FM12, I started of low in Swedish 3rd Div, left after 2 seasons then took over a 2nd Div Swedish club and got it promoted within 3 seasons to Premier Division where I achived mid table finished. Took over Vancouver but left after 3 months due to strange MLS rules. Coached Canadian National team for a year before leaving. Took over Swedish AIK winning 5 consecutive league, cup and super cup titles. Took over Newcastle but left after a month due to horrible squad / finances. Led Swedish National Team to European Championship loosing in the 2nd round. Took over English National Team and led them to World Cup where I lost in QF. Continued to lead England to European Championship (hosted by England) and led them to QF loosing to winners Belgium. Was then approached by Man Utd in 2028 so that will be the team I will take over in FM13. This will be my first time with Man Utd. Sorry SAF... :)

I am not asking this question with any set agenda, but purely out of interest with a view to understanding the game mechanics.

What were your starting reputation and nationality?

I'll be continuing my career from FM12, I started of low in Swedish 3rd Div, left after 2 seasons then took over a 2nd Div Swedish club and got it promoted within 3 seasons to Premier Division where I achived mid table finished. Took over Vancouver but left after 3 months due to strange MLS rules. Coached Canadian National team for a year before leaving. Took over Swedish AIK winning 5 consecutive league, cup and super cup titles. Took over Newcastle but left after a month due to horrible squad / finances. Led Swedish National Team to European Championship loosing in the 2nd round. Took over English National Team and led them to World Cup where I lost in QF. Continued to lead England to European Championship (hosted by England) and led them to QF loosing to winners Belgium. Was then approached by Man Utd in 2028 so that will be the team I will take over in FM13. This will be my first time with Man Utd. Sorry SAF... :)

But you'll lose all your career history?? Ah man I could never do that. I'm all about looking back at past glories and keeping one eye on the Hall Of Fame for when I sneak to it!

I am not asking this question with any set agenda, but purely out of interest with a view to understanding the game mechanics.

What were your starting reputation and nationality?

Nationality: Swedish

Reputation: Automatic which should have been low since I started of extremly low in Sweden.

Basically my approach was how would my career look like if I would become a manager. I would probably start off close to where I live which is Sweden and start off lowest possible which in FM

s case was Div 3 Sweden. I will continue in FM13 where I left off until I get tired and then I will probably make the same trip again.

But you'll lose all your career history?? Ah man I could never do that. I'm all about looking back at past glories and keeping one eye on the Hall Of Fame for when I sneak to it!

I know which is a shame. I wish they would allow us to take our reputation/history to the next game. You would loose exact dates but it would still be nice to see which clubs you have managed and keep your reputation and your age ofcourse. I guess you can modify your reputation with a save game editor but I'm not sure you can add any history.

Excited to see if Wembley FC has Ray Parlour, Martin Keown, Graeme Le Saux, Claudio Caniggia and Brian McBride in their squad, as they have registered to play in FA Cup games. If so, I will try out a save with Combined Counties Leagues activated.

Tonight, I actually dreamt that FM 13 was being downloaded on steam... :o

Excited to see if Wembley FC has Ray Parlour, Martin Keown, Graeme Le Saux, Claudio Caniggia and Brian McBride in their squad, as they have registered to play in FA Cup games. If so, I will try out a save with Combined Counties Leagues activated.

Tonight, I actually dreamt that FM 13 was being downloaded on steam... :o

Well you'll be out of luck, FM13 will only ship with BSN/BSS as the lowest playable league. You'll have to wait till the good folks at the Editors Hideaway come up with a file to activate the Combined Counties league

I'll start with Tottenham, as always. This year I will also have a long-term network game going with some friends. We chose the German Bundesliga, and I will go as Hoffenheim. At some point I'll start a long-term game with Aldershot, trying to take them from League 2 to the Champions League.

• SI Staff
More and more people seem to be going the Brazilian Leagues this year. How did you come to choose Sport Recife?

Because I want to win the Euro Millions and buy them and this is a good test run.

Just to update you, and to show I'm not just a bragger ;) here's last nights bet...

finalbet.jpg

One. Goal. Away. From life changing money. In fact, ONE MISSED PENALTY BY FABREGAS AWAY!! I will never buy him on FM ever again :(

Really unlucky there mate, but you've made quite a few good winnings already, so not too bad! But I was wondering if you could explain to me what it means by alternative goals and alternative goals, I'm a bit newbie when it comes to betting. Thanks.

Archived