Sports Interactive Community
Mr_Pink

Have the sound been improved in FM13

First yes i tried to search for this, but nothing came up.

Have anyone heard or read anything about SI imroving the match engine sound?

On FM12 there was never released any soundpack and the original ingame sound from SI is a bit repetitive and gets boring in the long run.

In my FM12 game there is not even a sound when the ball hits the post.

First yes i tried to search for this, but nothing came up.

Have anyone heard or read anything about SI imroving the match engine sound?

On FM12 there was never released any soundpack and the original ingame sound from SI is a bit repetitive and gets boring in the long run.

In my FM12 game there is not even a sound when the ball hits the post.

I didn't hear and/or read anything about it, but I really hope that sound will have a major revamp/overhaul in Foorball Manager 2013. Or at least that it will be improved. I hope the same for commentary. It's the same for years and it's really predictive and boring.

The sound is something that i dont really care, and i think the large majoraty of the players think like me.

For the commentary... it would be great if this would have a major overall in FM2013. I think that since FM2009 (introducing of 3D) the commentary part as been negleted from SI, but is such an important part of the game, that i thing it's time to be improved.

The sound is something that i dont really care, and i think the large majoraty of the players think like me.

For the commentary... it would be great if this would have a major overall in FM2013. I think that since FM2009 (introducing of 3D) the commentary part as been negleted from SI, but is such an important part of the game, that i thing it's time to be improved.

Its all about the atmosphere. You dont watch a movie without sound. Kind of sad to play a footballgame without the crowd.

Btw who cares about the commentary if you still dont use the 2D mode.

I turn sound off as I have FM running pretty much all day in back ground. Not a major issue for me

Its all about the atmosphere. You dont watch a movie without sound. Kind of sad to play a footballgame without the crowd.

Btw who cares about the commentary if you still dont use the 2D mode.

Well, despite i watch the game in 3D mode, i care about the commentary. It really nice to read the lines. :)

Its all about the atmosphere. You don't watch a movie without sound. Kind of sad to play a football game without the crowd.

Btw who cares about the commentary if you still don't use the 2D mode.

I agree Mr. Pink....atmosphere is important.........I'm not one to listen to Slayer while playing FM.......when I want to listen to metal, I listen to metal....when I want to enjoy a sporting event, I want the atmosphere of that event. Commentary is secondary in 3D mode.

I kind of feel like, if you care about the sound in Football Manager, then you're playing it wrong! :p

I personally almost always switch it off. I do like the idea of the commentary being improved - mostly because you can actually use it as an analysis tool at times. Because it's all simply text, it shouldn't be too much of an effort for SI to improve and expand this part of the game.

I do understand where some of the comments are coming from, and atmosphere is important - it would perhaps be nice to one day have a match engine on par with the latest FIFA games in terms of graphics and sound - but it's so low priority for most FM players, including me. If I'm ever in the mood for that sort of thing, I just go and play FIFA or watch a real match on TV.

It is clear that sound is low down on their priority list, since i watch pretty much every match in 3d i would like a better atmosphere.

Looks like that. Hope they improve it next year. I added a soundpack for FM11 and it was so great to hear the fans actually sing :)