Sports Interactive Community
WizbaII

Why We're Getting FMC this Year

Did you miss the part in the videw where Miles said the main FM game was sacrosanct?

And what financial pressure? The game has been selling more and more copies every year and so making SI more and more profit that they are putting into the game in the form of more staff.

If you have proof that SI have financial pressure then please let us know, I'm sure that Miles would be interested.

It's a "promise", made by Miles...but Miles is not irreplaceable. I heard in my carreer many people who give promise as they are in the company ;) but a few years later, they are no more in the company even boss there were :)

and sorry, at this crisis time, each company are under financial pressure even profit one as the world leitmotiv is "more profit" "more money".

I hope to believe the promise of Miles, but what I see this year, this is not to reassure me.

I've bookmarked this post.

Now I am starting to like you.

Because the conversation is polite, even if we have different ideas.

It's a "promise", made by Miles...but Miles is not irreplaceable. I heard in my career many people who give promise as they are in the company ;) but a few years later, they are no more in the company even boss there were :)

LOL Miles will be happy after reading your post :)

I hope Miles and above all his t-shirts will be here for a while, assuming he won't change further the classic FM mode of course

Haha this all gets better and better, entertaining on a boring afternoon guys, well done :)

@ grep, I hope so that Miles will stay for sure, it was only an example to said that business is business...

It's not just Miles.

Paul Colyer, who owns the company, has said so on many occasions too.

Will they own it forever? Who knows. But I wholly believe that FM is so great a game because the developers listen to the fans.

If they went against the fans then they'd be bust in no time. And nobody wants that. It's in their best interest not to mess around with the full game by adding microtransactions and other stuff that is in FMC.

I can wholeheartedly say that if they messed with FM main mode I wouldn't be buying the game ever again.

And it's the fact that they added the FMC and left the main game alone that reinforces my opinion that the main game will never ever be touched in the way they have setup FMC.

They know only too well they would have a revolt on their hands.

My memory often fails but if I recall correctly I think to have seen a poll where it was asked which way you will play FM, only a tiny percentage voted for FMC.

This forum is only a part of the world but the world can't be totally different in terms of opinion. So why did SI introduce such a feature when the polls are against it ?

As people have already said, there are a number of people who no longer have time to play (to steal Miles' expression) the 'full fat' version of Football Manager. Many of these people also don't have time to go onto the community forums and post about which version of Football Manager they're going to play. Polls on this forum only show a certain type of FM player, I'd suggest more the 'hardcore' players of the game which I'd say by and large FMC is not aimed at. People who love FM as it is and play FM as it is probably won't be as interested in FMC as someone who played when they were younger and had more free time. Likewise there was a group of people who played FML but didn't play FM, or those who play FMH but never played FM or FML.

We introduced FMC for exactly the reasons Miles announced when we originally announced, nothing has changed in our mentality since then. It stemmed from:

"We were having a big meeting with everyone on the FM team just after the release of FM 2011 and I asked how many were playing the game at home. Pretty much all of the younger guys put their hands up, but very few of the older ones – the ones with kids – did. So we decided there and then to make FMC a mode in the PC game, rather than a separate release."

You can talk about the fact we're a business and want to make more money (the simple fact is, if FM doesn't make money it doesn't exist any more) but the overriding factor behind the decision was a way to bring older players back to FM and introduce newer ones in to a slightly less daunting version. We're not expecting everyone to play it, it's not for everyone, just like FM isn't for everyone. But if we can produce a game which people enjoy then we'll consider it a job well done.

Will Steam be able to track what % of people are playing 'Full Fat' and FMC?

Probably I won't will play FMC, but that was a good idea by SI to improve game sales, because now the people with less time will play and that means more sales, more sales will mean a reinforcement on this project investment and even more improvements in future versions.

More games modes, means a larger market penetration and more sales, helping this project to keep alive.

I'm sure Miles has also said that FMC is NOT a port from FMH, rather it is FM slimmed down with some code changed to cater for the more streamlined features.

We introduced FMC for exactly the reasons Miles announced when we originally announced, nothing has changed in our mentality since then. It stemmed from:

Thanks Neil to reply in this thread...I understand the meeting you have, but I think FMC is a false reply to the problem you show...I have a boy, 12 years old, I spend at less 1 hour by evening when I come from Job at 7pm to spend with him looking at his schooljob. I have a wife who I take care, make things together, I even watch films on tV, support my football team but I still play FM. I don't play 4 hours by day sure, but it's normal, I'm not a kid anymore...I have to make choice between activities.

If you, in SI company, don't play anymore, it's not a question of having time...Surely other parameters that you know yourself and your family, and surely because you have more responsibilities in the company and you don't see anymore FM like a game like a pleasure as you were young, but like a real job. I don't find all words to explain more my think but the argument of having no time to play FM is not good. It's only a question of choice, no time.

Thanks Neil to reply in this thread...I understand the meeting you have, but I think FMC is a false reply to the problem you show...I have a boy, 12 years old, I spend at less 1 hour by evening when I come from Job at 7pm to spend with him looking at his schooljob. I have a wife who I take care, make things together, I even watch films on tV, support my football team but I still play FM. I don't play 4 hours by day sure, but it's normal, I'm not a kid anymore...I have to make choice between activities.

If you, in SI company, don't play anymore, it's not a question of having time...Surely other parameters that you know yourself and your family, and surely because you have more responsibilities in the company and you don't see anymore FM like a game like a pleasure as you were young, but like a real job. I don't find all words to explain more my think but the argument of having no time to play FM is not good. It's only a question of choice, no time.

I do play FM though, I make time to play it and am lucky enough to have time to play it outside of work. But a lot of my friends who started playing the game around I did, don't have the time anymore. Their girlfriends/wifes/responsibilities don't give them time to play - and for those that I've spoken to, they're really excited about FMC and can't wait to give it a go. You're right it is a question of choice. Now these people do have a choice when before they didn't.

I'm one of those ex-"hardcore" FMers that now has little time to play, so I'm looking forward to seeing how FMC plays out. Depending on which team I'm playing as, I do currently play the game in a less-than-thorough way.

If, for example, I'm a rich team, I will spend the first three days in pre-season (that's around an hour per night), prepping training, staff recruitment, building the team, playing the friendlies, essentially prepping them as best I can for the season. Then I'll play through the season, playing only the big games in full while holidaying past the smaller teams that I am 90% certain I'll beat (still picking the team beforehand though). I'll keep an eye on things, and restrain from reseting the game when I lose a holiday match, and basically go through the whole season in about ten days (admitedly that includes some days with zero gameplay). Then I go through the close season again, but don't play the friendlies.

With smaller teams, say lower league teams, I'll take 15 days to do the first season and slightly less for the following ones.

So yes, I'll be trying out FMC. 4-0 up at half time? I'll be hitting the Jump to Result button. Or "go for the big win". It looks like it may help me get more out of the game.

I'm one of those ex-"hardcore" FMers that now has little time to play, so I'm looking forward to seeing how FMC plays out. Depending on which team I'm playing as, I do currently play the game in a less-than-thorough way.

If, for example, I'm a rich team, I will spend the first three days in pre-season (that's around an hour per night), prepping training, staff recruitment, building the team, playing the friendlies, essentially prepping them as best I can for the season. Then I'll play through the season, playing only the big games in full while holidaying past the smaller teams that I am 90% certain I'll beat (still picking the team beforehand though). I'll keep an eye on things, and restrain from reseting the game when I lose a holiday match, and basically go through the whole season in about ten days (admitedly that includes some days with zero gameplay). Then I go through the close season again, but don't play the friendlies.

With smaller teams, say lower league teams, I'll take 15 days to do the first season and slightly less for the following ones.

So yes, I'll be trying out FMC. 4-0 up at half time? I'll be hitting the Jump to Result button. Or "go for the big win". It looks like it may help me get more out of the game.

That's my player profile, I also play about 1 hour a day and when the season is ongoing I play an average of 2 games per day and maybe little bit more at weekends.

On Football Manager 2012 steam indicates that I have played 300 hours, about 1 hour a day.

I take about 2 or 3 weeks to complete a season.

PS : @ Kenco

If you find it one day, can you share a DLC's for a red fish proprietor with a timing dilemn ? :thup:

Edit : you just need to understand that the real improvment which made the game more simple and quick to use, aren't this FMC trap.

That you could play easily in classic mod, without anxious state of mind and no need to delete the gameplay in benefits of your own money in place of, a mask function.

A man which carve its game on the watering - pot ( watch on FM Tv commercial )

What on Earth are you talking about?? Are you Eric Cantona in disguise?

Would be helpful if anyone can translate this.

What on Earth are you talking about?? Are you Eric Cantona in disguise?

Would be helpful if anyone can translate this.

It takes a mad man to read a mad man's comments, where's grep? :D

Too late when the main game will stagnate or even disappear under DLCs module after few years under financial pressure.
That will never happen.
How can you possibly know that as a fact?

tencharacter

"We were having a big meeting with everyone on the FM team just after the release of FM 2011 and I asked how many were playing the game at home. Pretty much all of the younger guys put their hands up, but very few of the older ones – the ones with kids – did. So we decided there and then to make FMC a mode in the PC game, rather than a separate release."

Sir Neil, you need to understand that we have heard it yet, and we are not satisfy.

Anyway i take my chance with open heart, assuming all the ban risks.

A geek meeting. It's a joke ? :brock: May be good to make game, but bad in antropology or sociology.

Asking to different category of workers who continues to making their job at home ! And not only the five o'clock heroes. Even for the entertainements activities.

Sometimes except the geek's ... ok :)

It's sympaticaly to talking us with friendship and share your conversation, we are glad and thank you for that.

But honestly you loose the goal. Or .. It's diguise posture, assumption ... In this case, it's becomes an another problem indeed.

Also, be much better to asking how did they used the game functions, and why it's not easy to play with. At least how to make it better, and simple.

And don't how to play without, under a mask.

It's your job to play it, searching a better gameplay, and we are the clients which expecting good solutions about. If you don't check your own game, we are not surprise by the reccurent defaults.

It's sound like, small ambition, small important match, small consitancy, low professionnalism, little temperament, middle loyalty ... What kind of personnality it could be ? :p

Did it affect the FMC users ? ( .. jokin' ... )

I've describe them before on this subject about different points, you can read them but i ll repeat them.

And i'm asking you, explain us the good management of rotation squad.

And tell us why a large part of your clients don't know how to use it ?

I'm asking you how choosen a good teamtalk without necessary informations on the page ?

I'm asking you how made an good evaluation for the shape of the training graphs ?

I'm asking you how to evaluate forces of the selection to chose an appropriate approche/strategy/style ?

I'm asking you how to links semantics advise from assistant, zones action.... and the analysis page ?

I know to do all of that. It's my pleasure.

Cause i take my time to get a game immersion, read guides of holy Marc Vaughan and holy WWfan ( virtual football gods blessed them ), take tonnes of notes, making evaluation calculs under attribus selections.

At this step, i m just beguin to play under a starting point. Ready to fight the opponant IA.

The question is why i need to do it ? Why i don't have a wedge to plug moderation more simply ? ( Staff and its uncertain knowledge of the historical base ...etc no more enlarge the comment, ok i continue )

I don't want a collapse to play without it by a FMC. And i want to keep safe that pleasure, with more tools to play simply the differents actions that the gameplay request.

The mixing point

Theres no differences beetween the casual and the hardcore gamers. We have all the same game.

We understand totaly why casual gamers have no patience, times and affinity with this aspect. It's just because the game is uncomplete. And the hardcore have the same feeling. Expecting a better improvement. The complain comes from it.

"Times" is absolutely not the real argument. The real one is just, it's "boring to play" with all aspects actually under this uncomplete form. Even, if you know things where and what you need to collect

Gives us the lever arms and the problems leaves immediatly. But FMC don't provid it like that, is an escape, a fake. > A go on vacations variation.

Your game is full of smart things. Please just use them, to complete "by a bridge" beetween tonnes of values and the push button to use them. Like you seems to progress years after years on this way, until today.

It's the way to the simple and pleasant gameplay for everybodies. And complain from everywhere fall down.

Actualy it miss something, and you have to work on it.

Leave the casual options for casual version FMH or something else if they like it. And keep safe and clean, even we had choice, the original game we'd love.

If you don't heard the rest, unless for this point : you re gonna cleave definitly the community.

Too late for this year, but think about for the futur.

Your sincerely

Thanks for your patience, and attention.

That's great for you, but that doesn't apply to everyone. What about all of us who want FMC? Why would you want it taken away from us? Your opinion is a selfish one. You expect everyone with less time to be patient and take days or weeks to get through a season. Why? More game modes, more options, more freedom of choice, is only a good thing. FMC doesn't affect anyone who wants to play the normal FM career game mode, so where's the harm?

I dont believe this thread as become a anger thread against FMC.

To discuss why it's release it's one thing, and i think SI already explain the reason:

1) attract older player that stop playing the game in the last years

2) attract new player enticing them with a easier/simplier version of the game

It's all clear as water.

Now, all of the sudden, this thread as become about people who are against FMC??? really? But what is there to be against????

If you dont like, dont play it!

The day SI says..."ok guys, no more full fat version of FM! From now on, only the FMC version"... then i'll understand your anger... but thats not the case!

So please, stop being so selfish. SI/SEGA are just doing there job... trying to release a game that it's available to all kind of consumers... in this case... the ones with much time to play and the ones with less time to play.

That's great for you, but that doesn't apply to everyone. What about all of us who want FMC? Why would you want it taken away from us? Your opinion is a selfish one. You expect everyone with less time to be patient and take days or weeks to get through a season. Why? More game modes, more options, more freedom of choice, is only a good thing. FMC doesn't affect anyone who wants to play the normal FM career game mode, so where's the harm?

Indeed. Personally I have no interest in FMC as it stands (but that may yet change), but i can definitely see the benefits to others in the community, including friends of mine, so on that basis its a great addition. People like that (ie those who no longer have the time for whatever reasons etc.) are still a valid part of the game base, and frankly its a little sad how selfish, and somewhat snobbish and elitist, certain parts of the community are being towards them.

Sir Neil, you need to understand that we have heard it yet, and we are not satisfy.

Anyway i take my chance with open heart, assuming all the ban risks.

A geek meeting. It's a joke ? :brock: May be good to make game, but bad in antropology or sociology.

Asking to different category of workers who continues to making their job at home ! And not only the five o'clock heroes. Even for the entertainements activities.

Sometimes except the geek's ... ok :)

It's sympaticaly to talking us with friendship and share your conversation, we are glad and thank you for that.

But honestly you loose the goal. Or .. It's diguise posture, assumption ... In this case, it's becomes an another problem indeed.

Also, be much better to asking how did they used the game functions, and why it's not easy to play with. At least how to make it better, and simple.

And don't how to play without, under a mask.

It's your job to play it, searching a better gameplay, and we are the clients which expecting good solutions about. If you don't check your own game, we are not surprise by the reccurent defaults.

It's sound like, small ambition, small important match, small consitancy, low professionnalism, little temperament, middle loyalty ... What kind of personnality it could be ? :p

Did it affect the FMC users ? ( .. jokin' ... )

I've describe them before on this subject about different points, you can read them but i ll repeat them.

And i'm asking you, explain us the good management of rotation squad.

And tell us why a large part of your clients don't know how to use it ?

I'm asking you how choosen a good teamtalk without necessary informations on the page ?

I'm asking you how made an good evaluation for the shape of the training graphs ?

I'm asking you how to evaluate forces of the selection to chose an appropriate approche/strategy/style ?

I'm asking you how to links semantics advise from assistant, zones action.... and the analysis page ?

I know to do all of that. It's my pleasure.

Cause i take my time to get a game immersion, read guides of holy Marc Vaughan and holy WWfan ( virtual football gods blessed them ), take tonnes of notes, making evaluation calculs under attribus selections.

At this step, i m just beguin to play under a starting point. Ready to fight the opponant IA.

The question is why i need to do it ? Why i don't have a wedge to plug moderation more simply ? ( Staff and its uncertain knowledge of the historical base ...etc no more enlarge the comment, ok i continue )

I don't want a collapse to play without it by a FMC. And i want to keep safe that pleasure, with more tools to play simply the differents actions that the gameplay request.

The mixing point

Theres no differences beetween the casual and the hardcore gamers. We have all the same game.

We understand totaly why casual gamers have no patience, times and affinity with this aspect. It's just because the game is uncomplete. And the hardcore have the same feeling. Expecting a better improvement. The complain comes from it.

"Times" is absolutely not the real argument. The real one is just, it's "boring to play" with all aspects actually under this uncomplete form. Even, if you know things where and what you need to collect

Gives us the lever arms and the problems leaves immediatly. But FMC don't provid it like that, is an escape, a fake. > A go on vacations variation.

Your game is full of smart things. Please just use them, to complete "by a bridge" beetween tonnes of values and the push button to use them. Like you seems to progress years after years on this way, until today.

It's the way to the simple and pleasant gameplay for everybodies. And complain from everywhere fall down.

Actualy it miss something, and you have to work on it.

Leave the casual options for casual version FMH or something else if they like it. And keep safe and clean, even we had choice, the original game we'd love.

If you don't heard the rest, unless for this point : you re gonna cleave definitly the community.

Too late for this year, but think about for the futur.

Your sincerely

Thanks for your patience, and attention.

This is by far the most mental post I've ever seen in GD.

Beating the "I want to drive the team bus" suggestion, and the "does anyone else interview themselves whilst sat on the toilet?" confession.

This is by far the most mental post I've ever seen in GD.

Beating the "I want to drive the team bus" suggestion, and the "does anyone else interview themselves whilst sat on the toilet?" confession.

Give him a break, obviously English isn't his first language or perhaps even second. In short he is saying that the game has an ungodly learning curve due to poor documentation and intuitivity. Which may be more of a problem in expanding the player base than playing time limitations.

So according to Jim Morrow, if you don't play Football Manager the way he plays it, then you shouldn't play it at all, and you shouldn't voice your opinion about how it impacts on you because he disagrees. I am one of the older people with kids etc and so is my brother and my best friends from school, we all loved FM and spent hours playing it, but we would be classed as what's called casual gamers, and the game moved away from that and became more detailed and complex, we didn't like it but we didn't have any choice so we just played less and less, I have bought every champy/FM there has ever been done by SI, but I don't play FM that often now, because I find it boring, If i'm lower league team and just sat mid table with no money and no way of making improvements to my team, why would I want to sit for hours playing a load of meaningless games, Now with FMC, me and all my friends are excited about FM again and that fact that we may be able to play against each other online for a few hours a couple of times a week, some sessions we played from 9 o clock till midnight without managing to play a single game. I didn't like it when the game became more complex and in my opinion less fun but I had to accept that was the direction the game was taking, now there is an option for me to play the game I want to play not the game all the fanboys want to play, but still you get people like Jim Morrow complaining it's being dumbed down and we shouldn't be playing it. As has been pointed out if you dont want FMC don't play it, and if it's the first step towards the game being changed then I'm afraid your just going to have to lump it, like us casual gamers did when it got complex

As for the points people have been making about the same options being available in the full fat game, regarding getting your ass man to do team talks/press conferences etc, doesn't this just go to show then that these features are pretty pointless if you can just get the ass man to do it without it impacting on the game

This thread has attracted lots of strong opinions, and some reactions to those opinions which attract infractions (believe me!) At the end of the day, FMC is an optional mode, so there's no particular need to forge an overly committed opinion either way; you use it or you don't.

I believe I'll be using it because the ever increasing level of immersive detail in the series has coincided with my decreasing amount of free time to make full use of that detail (I'm one of these dumb, complaining parents who can't manage his time).

What would be interesting is if some of those with strong anti-FMC opinions were to use it through the beta window, just to see if their opinions remain so negative after some actual hands-on experience. None of us actually knows what it will be like yet, which renders our polar opposite opinions even more ridiculous!

Similarly, people like me who are looking forward to testing FMC, may find the mode too simplistic and revert back to full-fat. Who knows?

As Teutomatos explain, that's the point....it's not a question of time, it's a question that people wants to play via FMC because they are boring with most of the aspect of FM who make the best simulation of football management...Remember that coming from 1995, each version was more complete year after year, adding more options and everybody applause, everybody was enthousiasm....

Now 17 year later, we heard, I don't want to play with FM because there is too much to do...I want a simple game, put 11 players on a paper in 4-3-3, buy 5 others players, and click to instant result....Don't it sound like a backward ??? I want the world NOW and QUICKLY, good example of the today's mentality....if you don't have time to play with FM, buy a PSP and play FM on it, but sorry If you have time to sit behind a computer, so you have time to play FM...

sorry but that's the true.... Despite of thinking about a better interface to simplify player on FM, SI choose to make another version who is benefit only to their business plan and on the other hand, FM main game is set aside. If FM13 main game will have major improvement in the same time of the creation of FMC, i keep my mouth shut, but this year, we feel that it's not the case.

if you don't have time to play with FM, buy a PSP and play FM on it, but sorry If you have time to sit behind a computer, so you have time to play FM...

That's backwards. For a lot of people, getting the PSP is actually a bigger investment in gaming (both in terms of time and money), because they have the computer anyway for professional or social purposes.

Being myself not young anymore I have spent my last hours doing this and that, just to be on the topic....

I come here to the forum right now, to read 2 different way of living. One, represented by some old fans, married or not, busy, but still happy to think in a shining way, playing FM and sharing opinions within this community. Yes I called it a community, not a forum.

On the other side I read the opinion of Neil Brok, speaking only about how much money a FMC edition could add to the business he is a part of.

I think this is self explanatory about how time changes persons and how the same time does not change other persons. I would have appreciated to read at least one comment from Neil speaking about an emotion but clearly for you Neil, FM does not represent an emotion anymore.

@ Milner : I think that a bunch of beers would make us friend for a while, anyway Eugene is keeping an eye on me, I do not want him to get jealous

As Teutomatos explain, that's the point....it's not a question of time, it's a question that people wants to play via FMC because they are boring with most of the aspect of FM who make the best simulation of football management...Remember that coming from 1995, each version was more complete year after year, adding more options and everybody applause, everybody was enthousiasm....

Now 17 year later, we heard, I don't want to play with FM because there is too much to do...I want a simple game, put 11 players on a paper in 4-3-3, buy 5 others players, and click to instant result....Don't it sound like a backward ??? I want the world NOW and QUICKLY, good example of the today's mentality....if you don't have time to play with FM, buy a PSP and play FM on it, but sorry If you have time to sit behind a computer, so you have time to play FM...

sorry but that's the true.... Despite of thinking about a better interface to simplify player on FM, SI choose to make another version who is benefit only to their business plan and on the other hand, FM main game is set aside. If FM13 main game will have major improvement in the same time of the creation of FMC, i keep my mouth shut, but this year, we feel that it's not the case.

So who's going to pay for my PSP so that I can play the latest FM? I can't afford one and even if I could I wouldn't want one as that device does not interest me at all.

I do want to play FM but because it has to some extent become too bloated for those of us that can't spend as much time on the game as you we struggle to have enjoyable career saves. So why should we suffer because you don't want the game to be diluted? By bringing in FMC SI have catered for both people, so it's the best of both worlds. Can't you at least compromise on this issue? People like you who can spend lots of time to the game still have the full fat version, people like me who can't have FMC.

FM13 has had improvement, if you don't see that as being major then that is your problem. There is a limit of big things that SI can bring to the game these days, I think they are now limited to improving what is already in existance in the game which they have done for FM13. Unfortunately most of that seems to be in the background and perhaps not as noticable as people would like, for existance the new ME. The ME has been majorly rewritten and that will mean that it will be a little easier for SI to bring new things to that to make it more realistic and perhaps to be able to make improvemnts to the tactics side in the future.

SI have thought of a better interface to the game and incorporated it to FMC. If they brought that interface into the main game then people will complain that they're missing some screeens and missing some data that isn't really needed for the streamlined FMC.

If I buy the game, I will give FMC a go. Purely because I want to go through the seasons quicker to see my wonderkids mature into superstars. I can't be bothered with all the talking to players/board/press/team... as it takes a lot of time away and I have limited time available. I would love to do about 10 seasons in a month or less and FMC looks like it will give me that option.

I expect I'll play the "full, fat" version. But when Miles said in the vlog "You might want to start studying up on tax rates," that to me explained why FMC was developed.

you're absolutely right Wizball....it's only a business plan.

About what I see on video, FMC is only a holiday mode with more option to select....They create the first video game who can play by itself. But the real fact you said is true. All you can find in FMC, you can find it easily in the "main game"....You have a low PC ? load only 3 nations. You need a challenge ? sign to a club who need to avoid relegation, or go to a lower club etc... you don't have enough time to play ? ask your assistant to do things at your place . etc. etc.

FMC is just an excuse to sell us DLCs and test user reactions to this new business plan.

@Kongblan : I'm a busy daddy also but I play FM in main mode with all nations and don't ask assistant to do things, I can take 1 week to make the 1st day of a new season, I can pass 3 days make individual training routine...A season take me 3 months, but I'm patient.

To Jim and all the people that apparently strongly agree with him, what do you say to someone who only has 3-6 hours per week to devote to the game? Should they simply play 1-2 seasons at most before the next iteration? If the game can be tweaked so that a person can finish a season in roughly 10 hours, what is wrong with that for people who have limited free time to enjoy the game? Should I divorce my wife, disown my kids, and quit my job so that I meet your requirements for an adequate FM player?

Beyond that, how does FMC hurt your ability to play the game the way in which you enjoy the most? Has anything been taken out of the regular FM experience? You are complaining about FMC. That is great, but it is also superfluous. What are you losing out on because of the existence of FMC? Anything? What does the existence of FMC actually affect when it comes to how you play FM? What was removed from the game or neglected because of the existence of FMC?

If you can't list numerous ways in which you are affected, you should kindly stop arguing your point so vehemently since your argument is nonsensical. In other words, you appear to be arguing that:

"My enjoyment of the game isn't affected, but other people are playing a streamlined version of the game therefore I'm pissed!"

WTF?

I didn't even finish a season in FM12. If I have an awesome time with FMC this year, what is it to you? How does that matter to you? You actually admit that your life is affected if I play through, say, 5-6 seasons in FMC compared to not completing a season in the regular FM game?

Again, how do that affect how you play the game and why do you care so much? I'm 34 and have serious responsibilities, but I enjoy playing FM. I don't want to waste my time dealing with a very simplistic representation of the media, a very simplistic version of player interaction, a very simplistic version of team talks, etc. It is not like those modules are overly complicated. They simply add tedium and a way to game the AI for semi-smart players.

Hell, people are complaining that FMC is a dumbed down version of the game. I bet it is slightly more difficult because there will be less ways to exploit the inept AI.

FMC players are the real player, IMO (kidding, though it is worth thinking about with a smaller database and less ways to exploit the AI).

love all the idiots who have the attitude that 'i don't like it therefore no one else should be able to enjoy it' even more ludicrous when you consider that fmc is in no way going to impact the main game.

I will put it simply, if you don't like fmc don't play it. I really don't get the issue.

Being myself not young anymore I have spent my last hours doing this and that, just to be on the topic....

I come here to the forum right now, to read 2 different way of living. One, represented by some old fans, married or not, busy, but still happy to think in a shining way, playing FM and sharing opinions within this community. Yes I called it a community, not a forum.

On the other side I read the opinion of Neil Brok, speaking only about how much money a FMC edition could add to the business he is a part of.

I think this is self explanatory about how time changes persons and how the same time does not change other persons. I would have appreciated to read at least one comment from Neil speaking about an emotion but clearly for you Neil, FM does not represent an emotion anymore.

@ Milner : I think that a bunch of beers would make us friend for a while, anyway Eugene is keeping an eye on me, I do not want him to get jealous

If that's the only thing you got from my two post I'd say you have some kind of selective reading problem in all honesty.

I don't like this feature... i don't like to play with cheats

Nobody will force you to play with unlockables, they can be activated by purchase or by earning them in-game, but the usual can choose not to use them. FMC can 100% be used without what you believe are 'cheats'.

This is simultaneously the best AND the worst thread ever!

Keep the barely-intelligible drivel coming chaps :)

I dont have problems with fmC. No way ill play that, but i understand people with not much time. I would prefer to play 6-7 seasons of real fm, then to play 30 seasons with fmc. But thats just me.

What i really dont like is new training. Its 2 simple and no challenge, with some really big problems. I also dont like what i saw from match engine. It looks same, just new ball physics. Thats not enough, we want new match engine, its the same for years, people using same killer tactics and thats not challenge.

I like new finance improvement.

We had so big wishlist thread. I cant say they put many things from wishlist. I wish they put some list of what things they put in the game, from our wishlist.

I would like to see list of this 900 new features they put in the game. Where can we see that list?

I'm starting to think that jim morrow, grep and teutomatos are the same person.

I don't want to buy a PSP just to play FM for a couple of hours a week max. Ridiculous suggestion. I also do not find the game boring and want to skip parts of it, I am probably more addicted to the game than any of you but due to actually having a life I don't have time to play it. There are probably thousands like me. I will still actually play my single player game on the full fat FM, (despite only managing 4 seasons on FM12 so far) but FMC will be a very useful tool for a multiplayer game I play once every blue moon.

Also, not sure how many times this has been said but IT'S OPTIONAL!!!! THE FULL GAME IS UNAFFECTED!!!!

p.s. This thread has to go in the Hall of Fame.

Haha Kenco, you stole the post from under me!

Ackter, sort this out, this has to be kept for all time!

We are not talking about if it's optional or not, we are talking about SI strategy, how they balanced 'engineer time' between developing new market target and improving the main game, and how is their final goal and in the future, what will be FM... As I said before, create a FMC module doesn't bother me, it's the lack of real improvement in the main game and its interface who trouble me....

If we read this thread, it seems that 90% of people used 10% of the capacities of FM...They have a ferrari but drive like having a Ford.(Vauxhall). So we can imagine than in a few years, FM main game will no more exist or no more improved as 90% of people doesn't care of all improvement made from 15 years.

Nobody will force you to play with unlockables, they can be activated by purchase or by earning them in-game, but the usual can choose not to use them. FMC can 100% be used without what you believe are 'cheats'.

Can you please tell Miles that if you put Instant result in FM he can choose not to use it? :rolleyes:

nevermind...

Mr. Eugene,

When you say it like that, it sounds very simple... but i'm sure SI/SEGA have a subliminal intention with FMC!

It's evil... pure evil i tell you!!!!

:lol:

Can you please tell Miles that if you put Instant result in FM he can choose not to use it? :rolleyes:

If people feel that instant result is a good feature in FMC then they can ask for it to be included in FM14 as an option.

Certainly no reason why it can't be. But for now it only exists in FMC.

I'm sure if it's a popular feature and people want it then SI will listen. But I'm sure there will be a wave of people against it too.

Why shouldn't SI spend their resources on FMC?

Their market research told them it was what a significant number of their customers wanted, so they developed it.

Actually i'm very curious to see the sales for FM2013.

I'm pretty sure that it will be a good boost in sells, and the main reason is FMC.

It will be a very popular mode, as long with the challenges, among younger kids and those players that like to play one or two seasons and then start a new save game.

I find it remarkable that people are getting so agitated about a version of the game that they don't have to play.

As background info: I am in my forties, bought every version of CM/FM from CM 99/00 until FM2011. Didn't buy FM2012 because of Steam. FM2011 wasn't played too much, as I simply didn't have the time to get into the game in any real depth. Thought the game was good though. I believe therefore that I possibly fall into the category that Neil was talking about - i.e. people who may want a quicker version of the game.

I have been playing with the idea of buying FM2013 despite Steam, as friends have been telling me that Steam has improved in recent years. I certainly wouldn't play FMC though, as already mentioned by someone else, I would prefer to play less, but more in depth. There are enough possibilities in the full version for me to save time or delegate tasks that might become tiresome.

The new game itself looks good. I like the idea of the DoF, I think training appears more in touch with reality and a few other smaller details will make me consider buying the game. We'll see.

Actually i'm very curious to see the sales for FM2013.

I'm pretty sure that it will be a good boost in sells, and the main reason is FMC.

It will be a very popular mode, as long with the challenges, among younger kids and those players that like to play one or two seasons and then start a new save game.

Thanks, you give me right of my post from 11:37.....what you describe, it's far from a classical FM game. So you can understand why some people are afraid to see FM moving to another type of game in the next few years. It was a chess game in the future it will be draughts.