Longevity of the Add/Remove League option.

Due to the a fore mentioned Add/Remove League feature, added to FM 2012, I am in the year 2029 with my current save. The furthest I have gotten in an CM/FM save since CM3. Josep Guardiola and I are the only 'World Class' managers left:lol:

I know the feature has its problems but for how I play I find it an invaluable addition.

The manager profile and the Add/Remove League feature do need expansion and improvement to further engage you in a long save but I hope someone at SI is working on that.

Let me know your thoughts on this feature and how you view it. Do you like it or do you just start multiple saves?

Cheers:thup:

Can someone expand what they mean here please? I have FM 11, but have been planning on getting 13 dues to all the cumulative features... this being one of them. Why isn't this feature as good as it could be?

Thanks

Can someone expand what they mean here please? I have FM 11, but have been planning on getting 13 dues to all the cumulative features... this being one of them. Why isn't this feature as good as it could be?

Thanks

Sometimes adding new leagues would create thousands and thousands of extra players. SI are aware of the issue, so I would assume if it is still in FM13 (which it is) then it has been fixed. I was one of the lucky ones, added several leagues after upgrading my laptop, but my game didn't balloon so I got a way with it.

Thanks

So far as I've heard:

Something was broken so that every time you added a league, it added far, far more players than necessary.

In addition, removing a league doesn't immediately get rid of any players (it just means they won't be replaced when they retire).

So as soon as you added any league, even if you removed some at the same time, you ended up with a massive database that slowed down your savegame. And since the feature was mainly of use to people who couldn't load many leagues at once, because their computers weren't great, this completely wrecked the feature for much of its intended audience.

Archived