Most popular clubs 2013 - Predictions?

Hi,

With a new season there are always new clubs gaining popularity among FM'ers. I think that FM2012 brought us the rise of PSG and Malaga as popular clubs to manage and also saw the emergence of other wealthy clubs such as Anzhi and Neunchatel Xamax (with the latter being short-lived). My question to everyone is - Which clubs do you think will be the top picks for the 2013 edition?

Personally, I think that the Rangers will favour a huge boost in popularity now the club almost presents the ultimate "fallen giant" challenge. Are there any other teams that you think will become popular this season due to new found wealth, relegation/promotion or because of completely other reasons (Managing Del Piero at Sydney FC?!)?

-Tommy

Hi,

With a new season there are always new clubs gaining popularity among FM'ers. I think that FM2012 brought us the rise of PSG and Malaga as popular clubs to manage and also saw the emergence of other wealthy clubs such as Anzhi and Neunchatel Xamax (with the latter being short-lived). My question to everyone is - Which clubs do you think will be the top picks for the 2013 edition?

Personally, I think that the Rangers will favour a huge boost in popularity now the club almost presents the ultimate "fallen giant" challenge. Are there any other teams that you think will become popular this season due to new found wealth, relegation/promotion or because of completely other reasons (Managing Del Piero at Sydney FC?!)?

-Tommy

Tommy, thank you for not making this a Poll thread ;-)

I would agree Rangers and add Portsmouth and maybe Truro City would be hugely popular.

The likes of Rangers and Portsmouth will be popular, as will Liverpool as FMers attempt to replicate Brendan Rodgers' style of play.

Many will go for the already strong squads of Man City, Barcelona, Real Madrid as usual, maybe PSG or Anzhi for financial purposes. Chelsea could be an interesting one with their new trio of attacking midfielders and Torres up front.

Another option would be to see if you can do better than Steve Kean at Blackburn, if you want a very easy challenge!

Pompey has not been that popular in 2012 either, just take a look in the good player & team guide section of the forums.

Perhaps that Shanghai Shenhua will gain some fame now that they have both Drogba and Anelka in their team? To be honest I have no clue whether that team was even playable before.

I think that the Rangers will favour a huge boost in popularity now the club almost presents the ultimate "fallen giant" challenge.

I plan to start with Rangers as well. I don't think they will present too much of a 'fallen giant challenge' though because it will be too easy to get them back into the spl even with their current squad. I think in terms of a true fallen giant challenge I think I will go for Liverpool simply because there will be more competition a) to get a top four place & b) win the league.

What about German teams? I think the German league should get a big boost in financials after the latest sponsor/league deals? I suppose the same goes for the Netherlands with the new Fox deal. Providing these things are in FM13 of course. If so, I personally will most likely play my "main" save in one of these two countries.

What about German teams? I think the German league should get a big boost in financials after the latest sponsor/league deals? I suppose the same goes for the Netherlands with the new Fox deal. Providing these things are in FM13 of course. If so, I personally will most likely play my "main" save in one of these two countries.

How much are those TV deals worth?

Netherlands is worth €1 billion over 12 years, with 60 mil in tv rights for the first year and this goes up to 80 and eventually 100 mil per season. Details at http://www.c21media.net/archives/86269

The German one is a 4 year deal worth €2,5 billion, details can be found at http://www.insideworldfootball.biz/worldfootball/europe/10694-bundesliga-strikes-25-billion-media-deal-with-sky

Netherlands is worth €1 billion over 12 years, with 60 mil in tv rights for the first year and this goes up to 80 and eventually 100 mil per season. Details at http://www.c21media.net/archives/86269

The German one is a 4 year deal worth €2,5 billion, details can be found at http://www.insideworldfootball.biz/worldfootball/europe/10694-bundesliga-strikes-25-billion-media-deal-with-sky

WOW! Think I'll be starting a German save!

Dunno. I always start as Leeds and i think that many will try with them should the long winded takeover finally goes through which may mean it'll come in an update after release but i doubt i'll be buying FM 2013... Still very much enjoying FM 2012!

Tottenham as well, strong squad, decent finances, challenge to break Into top 4.

Is that really seen as a challenge these days?

I honestly think that only Spurs fans and people looking for an easier game will pick Spurs,It is hardly a challenge.

I'm looking forward to play with Dortmund. I have never tried them on FM the last couple of years.

I will also try a game with Wolverhampton (as Ståle Solbakken is the current manager), but maybe I try to manage them in a FMC mode.

No matter what, I will try out the FMC mode, so I can make up my own mind about that version.

My club Sheffield Wednesday. No debt, good enough squad for the championship. I'll probably start one with brighton too with their new stadium and good squad. I'll probably start one with Leicester and Cardiff too for the moniesssssssss

I think Malaga will still be relatively popular, what with the whole "getting a club back on it's feet" idea. Granted it won't be the biggest challenge but seems alot of people may go that way.

PSG will obviously be popular, not just because of the money mind, 95% of people managing them will do it just to stick old johnny big-nose in the reserves and let him rot for the rest of his career :p

I really like their current squad actually. Mexes, Zapata, De Jong, Montolivo, Pato, Pazzini. Really good spine if you ask me.

mexes is a massive liability at centre back, zapata isn't the player he was in udine, montolivo is decent backup for supporters used to pirlo's creative spark, pato is the potential star but plays one game every 2 months due to injury... de jong and pazzini are very much the only solid names of the lot. but don't forget el shaarawy, he's the heartbeat of the team as of now.

mexes is a massive liability at centre back, zapata isn't the player he was in udine, montolivo is decent backup for supporters used to pirlo's creative spark, pato is the potential star but plays one game every 2 months due to injury... de jong and pazzini are very much the only solid names of the lot. but don't forget el shaarawy, he's the heartbeat of the team as of now.

Well, we are talking about FM here and if those players aren't getting a massive attribute drop in FM13 they will be good. Even though they currently might not be performing very well in real life.

I will be doing a game with Inter and Liverpool, in order to get to know the game, mess around with the Director of Football feature among other things. Then I'll certainly be giving teamssuch as Rangers, Portsmouth and even a domination game with PSG.

Archived