Sports Interactive Community
jmonfu

Exciting team to manage for the next 3 weeks

As many of you already know, I normally take a small club and try to achieve as much as possible with it, however since the release of FM13 is just 3 weeks away, and my long term save has finished, and I do not plan to download the beta, I wish to manage a fun and exciting club for the next 3 weeks before the release of FM13

My ideal club requirements would be

1) Middle tier club in a top division who could challenge the top leagues

2) Good youth setup

3) Exciting youngsters

4) Not too many first 11 players but a fairly good team

5) Secure finances

6) Any league from the top 5 (England, Italy, Spain, Germany, France)

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hey Furious!

I think Dortmund would be a tad too easy no?

I was thinking more of the Swansea-Wigan-Lille-Stuttgart kind of team.

Yeah, I think they are already above the level you want to go for.

Aston Villa any good? I know they've got some handy youth kicking around but it'll be a struggle to keep them up let alone push on towards the top. Think they are stable financially and you might be able to offload one or two for a bit of cash (might be wrong though).

Hmmm Aston Villa could be a good challenge I guess, Bent, Agbonlahor, Given, Delph, Nzogbia.............could be fun I guess

Hmmm Aston Villa could be a good challenge I guess, Bent, Agbonlahor, Given, Delph, Nzogbia.............could be fun I guess

Villa is a good challenge, the players mentioned are all key players but do need padding out with some more quality so you need to do some wheeling and dealing. Club aren't too tight with the cash when you are doing well!

I won the quad in my second season, good tactic but a lot of luck!

Caen are in Ligue 2 I think.

Sorry. They're in Ligue 1 in the standard build. The OP didn't state if he was using a database update or not though.

Hoffenheim. You have state of the art youth facilities and don't need to worry about finances. Great base to build a superpower on.

I took Southampton over and boy what a challenge :) Sitting mid table in December, and had to make 11 new signings most of them free. The only 2 players I would say are premiership standard IMO are Rickie Lambert and Puncheon. And Lailana sometimes gives a good performance but not too consistent. Midfield is very poor and I am looking to strenghten the side further in January with some African players if I manage to get work permits.

If you like Serie A, Parma could provide some fun with Giovinco and other interesting players (if you play with the original database).

Do a proper challenge, which u can easily achieve in 3 weeks. Im in the same boat... done most leagues, but with the latest update Portsmouth in League 1 is one hell of a challenge, which i think im gonna have to try.