FM13 Video Blog - FM Classic Part 4 (Challenges)

I agree that most of these challenges are events that a lot of the FM public have already done. For me the most disappointing part about the list is that Miles mentions how one of those challenges have to be bought. Now even though I almost never get DLC I've got nothing wrong with it but I do question the logic of mentioning the challenge that has to be bought right off the bat (and then not telling us which challenge that is).

I just noticed that in the

the only one missing is "Top division underdog" - getting promoted with a crap team in a season. My guess is that's the paid one, although that's the easiest thing to do without a challenge.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spankie, if you compare FM to Mass Effect, LA NOIRE etc.....I can not do nothing for you....sorry. and if we don't complain now.....next year or in 2014 it will be too late, when SI will ask to pay more to have a complete main game.....

They began with steam platform....now they introduce DLCs on a new FM mode, it's only a test to know how people react....so if you don't want to see more "payment option", it's time to complain, tomorrow it will be too late....

There was me thinking that FM was a computer game the same as Mass Effect and LA Noire.

Before now I've brought games that have lots of different DLC depending on where you pre-order it, for example Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect, RDR, LA Noire and so on. Sometimes those extra DLC gets released at a later date as chargeable DLC.

The only difference between those and this is that this is an optional game mode that has zero effect on FM or FMC gameplay. Unless you were specifically looking to play that challenge scenario you are not missing out. Those other games did have things missing that had an effect on gameplay, this doesn't.

If you're really against chargeable DLC why don't you complain to Rockstar, Bioware and Square Enix and all the other companies that actually have removed a gameplay feature out of the game in order to charge for it later as a DLC?

Again, the severity of the DLC is irrelevant.

And I do give feedback to companies that change from a non DLC or micro-transaction system to having one. I give them direct feedback usually via their game forums, and I vote with my wallet. And many other people do and will continue to do the same.

Paying £52.50 for a game that used to be £30 could be considered quite the price increase.

Well if you knock £10 of the purchase price and ignore that the DLC is actually brand new content for a brand new mode then you can prove your arguement. I actually see FM13 as "quite the playabilaty increase".

I'm amazed at the content of this thread. To actually watch people get angry at something completely optional, that they won't be forced to use and that in no way affects their way of playing the game. Are you people really that stingy?

Probably I will take a peek at FMC, I'm even considering having a save for when I ride the bus/train. But I will continue to play the normal mode and am in no way bothered by something that I don't even have to aknowledge if I won't be bothered to.

Everyone seems to be skipping over the point that DLC that they are charging for eventually become unlocked through normal game play anyway.

If you want to play that locked DLC then you can pay for it - if you don't then play the game as normal and it will unlock itself eventually.

At least that was my understanding from one of the earlier videos.

Doesn't this defeat the object a little, FMC being for people with less time available to play FM?

Also, correct me if I misunderstood, but I read somewhere that you cannot manage an International Team right from the start in FMC and have to win Manager of the Year 3 times (in a row?) to unlock it!

If this is true then how is that not withholding content and how is this going to be of benefit to someone who wants to play a quicker game?

Can't remember if you can pay to unlock it!

SIGames are a business and like any business they objective is to maximise profit. There will be a few people annoyed at the DLC for things like international management but I guess SI have judged that the extra profit more than offsets this. At least they have made the DLC very minor - the prices are tiny and they will not be necessary for most players. I just hope this isn't the thin end of the wedge.

Saying that, I can't see FM ever having major DLC because they release a new version every year. To have major DLC would mean there would be less "new" stuff in the next version which would hurt sales. So hopefully we won't see DLC content in FM go much further than this.

Archived