Sports Interactive Community
Smurf

Football Manager 2013 Video Blogs: FM Classic 3 - Match Day

[video=youtube;JxjH-wpPPfA]

gotta say i L O V E the matchplan thing, thats pretty much what i was waiting for combined with the instant result so the assistant manager can squeeze in the talent from the bench depending on how the match goes without me looking at it

kudos :)

I hadn't even considered a match plan feature - but now that I've seen it I think it'll be great!

I'm impressed with that. I can see myself having two saves running, one on the FF version of the game and one on FMC. I dismissed it initially as something I wouldn't be interested in but my mind's been changed after hearing a bit more about it.

I hadn't even considered a match plan feature - but now that I've seen it I think it'll be great!

That's the answer to "why not just holiday through matches?"

Liking FMC more and more.

I think I'll stick with career but I'm getting jealous of this instant result button and match plan. Also they should have using match plan as an option if you have a touchline ban as it would be more realistic.

The match plan that used to be in FM Live and was a very handy feature especially if set up correctly.

I had an FML flashback on that part of the video, that was fun. I'm really glad to see that being integrated into the FM Classic mode and think that it's a great addition.

Ohh they made match plans, too! Great, I've always wanted an instant result button, sadly I can't live with the limitations of FMC :mad:

Just to confirm, the match plan is ONLY available in FMC?

"Over the next couple of videos, we are looking at a couple things that are entirely unique to FMC" suggests that these features are not unique to FMC.

Can anyone confirm what has happened to the motivation element of the game? Miles suggests that it is still going on behind the scenes and it may be handled by your assistant manager. If so is it vital that your assistant has high motivating and man management skills to prevent horrible press conferences?

Also does it mean that your players might be 'playing nervously' or 'fired up' and you cant tell and/or your assistant could blow their confidence with a bad half time team talk?

Interested to know how this will work as motivation is a key element of the match day in the full fat version but there seems to be no user control in FMC. Im assuming the effect has been reduced somewhat due to the scenarios i have outlined above but would be interested if someone in the know could confirm.

I can see the appeal of FMC and it looks good, though personally I doubt I'll use it. Nonetheless, I hope matchplans are included in the "full-fat" version of the game for when managers are banned from the stands if they criticise referees. Would certainly add a bit more realism to the process.

from what i picked up in the course of the videos i think the instant match result is also avaible in the full version but i might be wrong

Can anyone confirm what has happened to the motivation element of the game? Miles suggests that it is still going on behind the scenes and it may be handled by your assistant manager. If so is it vital that your assistant has high motivating and man management skills to prevent horrible press conferences?

Also does it mean that your players might be 'playing nervously' or 'fired up' and you cant tell and/or your assistant could blow their confidence with a bad half time team talk?

Interested to know how this will work as motivation is a key element of the match day in the full fat version but there seems to be no user control in FMC. Im assuming the effect has been reduced somewhat due to the scenarios i have outlined above but would be interested if someone in the know could confirm.

I want to know that also, I hope team talks have been taken out completely, rather than being done by your assistant.

I'm pretty sure that they have been removed. When Miles was talking about things going on behind the scenes he was talking about what was shown in the previous videos.

Have SI confirmed that "Instant Result" is not in the full-fat FM? I hope not, it looks a really good addition!

Match Plans look great - from what I can see, there are 8 templates and 14 scenarios. Does this mean I can configure 112 permutations, and then merrily click through instant result in any match I don't want to view, knowing that my staff theoretically will do what I would have done anyway?! If so, that is the shizzle.

This is something I really want to know also. If that stuff is happening in the background by the assistant and you don't know about it, it'll just make the game feel "random".

Looks like FMC is allowing the game to be split between playing as a full-on manager or as more a Director of Football who works behind the scenes and has the senior coach control the rest of it.

the challenges & unlockable features are the 2 parts I am looking most forward too :)

Have SI confirmed that "Instant Result" is not in the full-fat FM? I hope not, it looks a really good addition!

Miles has confirmed to me on twitter that Instant Result is only in FMC

Miles has confirmed to me on twitter that Instant Result is only in FMC

:( :( :( :(

I really hope they reconsider this, FMC is supposed to be a cut down version of the "full" game, so why would it have a feature the full game doesn't have?

You don't need Instant Result if you can holiday through matches. Rightly, I think it is the exclusion of the Matchplan from the main version which has some users dissapointed.

Watched the video yesterday, and Miles says something like 'when you click play you are given a selection of highlights from the match' - it may be a silly question, but Commentary Only mode is hopefully available in FMC, right?

FMC looks more interesting with every video I see of it. Was very skeptical about this feature when it was first announced, but when I see how it's implemented and given my lack of free time to play FM, this might even be the 'killer' feature for me!

Watched the video yesterday, and Miles says something like 'when you click play you are given a selection of highlights from the match' - it may be a silly question, but Commentary Only mode is hopefully available in FMC, right?

If I understand correctly, there isn't an option to watch the match in full on FMC so the highlights are there to help the user. You don't need Commentary Only if you're only watching Key Highlights since it's essentially C.O. anyway.

I think the view showed the options Comprehensive, Extended, Key and Goals and perhaps 1 or 2 more.

I guess Comprehensive is midway between a Full Match and Key view.

If I understand correctly, there isn't an option to watch the match in full on FMC so the highlights are there to help the user. You don't need Commentary Only if you're only watching Key Highlights since it's essentially C.O. anyway.

I don't want to watch any 3D (or 2D for that matter), so I definitely need the Commentary Only mode. If the purpose of FMC was to make things go faster, I wouldn't have thought it made any sense to remove Commentary Only.

The 3 nation restriction is a huge disappointment, and if it turns out there is no Commentary Only mode, that seals the deal for me. Haven't seen anything that confirms/denies it yet though, so I'll remain hopeful.

I think the view showed the options Comprehensive, Extended, Key and Goals and perhaps 1 or 2 more.

I guess Comprehensive is midway between a Full Match and Key view.

Surely you mean between full match & Extended? If this means full match but without dead-ball time then this would seem a good addition.

My mistake yes, but that was on highlights. I don't know if this is included in the match itself as they didn't show that. So there is still the high probability of the 2D match view being in FMC.

This is something I really want to know also. If that stuff is happening in the background by the assistant and you don't know about it, it'll just make the game feel "random".

someone has asked a similar question on Miles's twitter feed and he responded that it will not be more difficult to raise your players morale as the 'the morale module has changed'. thats about as much as they seem willing to give away at present

Miles has confirmed to me on Twitter that it is not true that Commentary Only mode has been excluded from FMC. Good.

I wonder if SI have missed a trick here. Instant result is fine but I woud want to see more real time action than that or it defeats the object of playing (just my view of course). So the option I would like for FMC (if it were technically possible - and it may not be!) would be for setting the match plan pre-match for the Ass Man to implement then running the real time highlights as view only (ie result not known, not like a replay). This way you can watch the match develop with the Ass Man's interventions. Ideally you would be allowed to interfere indirectly with the match by amending the Match plan instructions at any time during the match but this I suspect is not the purpose of that mode so it is probably coded so that would not be an option.

Effectively my take on "Instant Result" would enable a Manager to get that feel of a guiding Technical Director - you are sat in the Directors Box but your voice is still heard!