My growing disapointment with every new version of FM

I never said they weren't.

What I was saying is that I think their would be benefits to doing it every 2 years.

In the short term yes, but in the long term no.

The only way this would work if the 2 yearly FM sells twice as much as the yearly FM. Otherwise there's less money in the coffers at SI and there would have to be cutbacks in staff and therefore less development on the game. So in effect the 2 year development stage of FM would eventually see a similar amount of development as a single year of yearly FM.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never said they weren't.

What I was saying is that I think their would be benefits to doing it every 2 years.

As others have said in this topic, the negatives far outweigh the positives. The only other option I could see for SI Games would be to release a subscription based FM, but that would cause outrage initially.

I have to be honest, i'm actually very happy that each version is 90% the exact same as the previous one, because i absolutely love the game and often have friends over on weekends to get a through a season with, if each year they added tons and tons of big features i'm sure it would probably end up being a very different game to what i know and love, and worst case scenario is, i end up disliking the game. So, maybe i'm a minority, but i'm glad that they stick close to what's already been proven to work.

Just seen this thread and I really do despair... :rolleyes:

The reason the changes aren't that big from year to year is due to the game already being near perfect. Why fix something that isn't broke?

The only real thing we need changing each year are the attributes and emergence/de-imergance of new/old players.

Remember champ man 03/04 that was championship manager at its greatest, they changed loads of features on champ man 4 and the game completly died. (Yes I know there was some sort of split between the creaters, but just shows that too many big changes could be disastrious)

TBH FM 2010 for me was perfect all I wanted on future versions was that game just with updated player attributes, history etc..

Just stick with FM10 and download fanmade database updates?

That would be ridicoulus. fanmade databases are never as good as the real thing, also I prefer playing the same game that the masses are playing each year. Like i could never play fm2012 again once FM2013 has come out as its out of date.

That would be ridicoulus. fanmade databases are never as good as the real thing, also I prefer playing the same game that the masses are playing each year. Like i could never play fm2012 again once FM2013 has come out as its out of date.

Wow, peer pressure driving up sale. No wonder annual franchise games continue to sell well whether they're actually any good or not, everyone wants to be "on trend".

lol peer pressure :D:rolleyes: .

Ye I just have to buy every latest version due to my peers buying it, ya know there all here on a football manager forum.. :p

Like I said, just would be pointless playing the old version as the forums for it would be pretty dead and the players/attributes would be out of date two.

Wow, peer pressure driving up sale. No wonder annual franchise games continue to sell well whether they're actually any good or not, everyone wants to be "on trend".

Indeed - the bars of Hoxton and Shoreditch are full of chatter over the delights of the latest iteration of a football management game.

lol peer pressure :D:rolleyes: .

Ye I just have to buy every latest version due to my peers buying it, ya know there all here on a football manager forum.. :p

Like I said, just would be pointless playing the old version as the forums for it would be pretty dead and the players/attributes would be out of date two.

Loads of people on these forums don't play the latest version.

Archived