Should I wait for FM13?

I am a pretty new to soccer fan but really am starting to get into it by watching it lots, playing FIFA, following WC qualifying online, etc. I am also a diehard OOTP fan (baseball sim) so naturally am very interested in getting FM as it's the game most often compared with OOTP.

that said, with the new quicker gameplay (I have read where lots of drudgery is cut out in 13) should I wait or being new to the series could I simply get an older version and update the rosters and be fine?

thanks

With the new overhauled tutorial system in FM12 you might give it a try with FM13. Of course you can download and try the demo for FM13 when it's released and see how you get along with the game.

It must be hard to play a sim with a new sport.

I tried a sim with a sport I know only a little about (rugby) and got bored very quickly due to my lack of knowledge. On the pkus side FM does have a tutorial to guide you. I don't know how good it is (as I've never needed it and switch it off immediately) but it should be definitely something for you to look into using.

When you get FM13 try playing (Glasgow) Rangers, the Worlds most successful club. It should give you a reasonably easy start and get you winning things straight off.

Archived