Sports Interactive Community
JBoyd33641

End of Season Buying/Selling

Im just finishing my season in May with Spurs. Is it better to start selling players in June, or wait until July? I was wondering, bc I know I get my new budget and expectations at the end of june, so if I wait, will I have more in my transfer budget if I sell after I set my season expectations? Or does it even matter?

If there are players I want to ship out, I try to do it as early as possible. It really depends though if you already have a replacement at the club or know that you'll have enough to sign them (and that they'll want to sign for you).

in order to maximize your transfer budget make as many purchases as you can afford before new budget set. then sell.

however, i try to get players out as quick as possible - mainly because i bring replacements through the academy

My experience has been the following:

- Buy players before July: you can usually get them at a cheaper price.

- If you want to sell international players (ie: a spanish player), wait until that league is allowed to buy and sell players again (in Spain the date is july the 1st). It is usually eeasier to sell an italian player to an italian team, or a spanish player to a spanish team.

- If you want to sell fringe players, try to sell them as soon as possible so teams with money left on their budgets do not spend on other players before yours.

- If you want to sell a really good player, assess the possible budget of the rich clubs, but my feeling is that usually the best moment to sell is when clubs are given the new budgets.