FM13 Release Date & Pre-Order Incentive

Miles Jacobson, director of Sports Interactive, is very pleased to be able to announce the following...

I’m really excited to be able to announce that the release date for Football Manager 2013 on PC & Mac will be Friday November 2nd at 00.01 GMT – that’ll be the time we’ll turn on the Steam servers to allow people to start playing the game.

This year we also have a very special reward for those people who have pre-ordered the game from participating retailers – you’ll actually get to play a version of the game 2 weeks upfront.

So, 2 weeks before release those who have pre-ordered (from participating retailers, which I’ll have to repeat every time for legally type reasons) you’ll be able to download a beta version of the game which will be very close to the final game, and play to your hearts’ content. The beta will include FM, classic mode & challenges, but will not include the network game.

This beta version will be playable until Monday November 5th, so if your game doesn’t turn up until Monday’s post, you’ll still be able to play, but you’ll need to install the finished game after that point.

Saved games will be compatible with the final game.

You can find a list of participating digital, online & bricks and mortar retailers who are participating in the pre-order reward scheme here.

As an extra special bonus, people who buy FIFA13 (PS3 & Xbox 360) from GAME retail outlets in the UK and pre-order FM13 from them at the same time will get a voucher for £5 off the retail price of FM13 on its release. This offer is only available til the shops close on Monday 1st October.

Thank you, as always, for your continued support.

Cheers,

Miles

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really smart move! This way, SI can get two weeks worth of user feedback on any bugs or issues so that might crop up and give themselves some pre-release time to fix them up.

That and most of us will be able to get our hands on the new game two weeks early!

Question: You know how most people play the demo then start again on full release because you can only get the full database of players etc etc on the full release - will the beta version have that meaning no reason to not to continue with your save game?

Hope I make sense.

You'll have the full, unrestricted database available in the pre-order beta :thup:

Great incentive to pre-order (did it 2 weeks ago on GMG) but it'll only be beta and we all know that there will be big patch on the release day implementing changes that will not be compatibile with older saves and will require a new game to have full effect :( I'm a bit torn about that unless SI made some improvements to how the major changes in the patches are applied to running save...

Lol,

Great to get a release date but just typical of my luck.

I get the 2 weeks before release as I bought from GmG so I can download and play the game 2 weeks early,That will be the Friday come the Sunday I have to move out of my house as we are getting a new celling fitted so will not have access to my PC for just over a week

Miles any chance of a bonus just for me :p

Those of you pre-ordering digitally should receive an email with a Steam code to access the beta, and those of you doing so in-store should be handed a nice little card with a code.

What is going to stop people placing preorders with shops then cancelling the pre-order once they have got the code?

This is great that we can play it 2 weeks early (especially as I have a week off after the early release comes out).

Incidentally is the early release the standard 6 month demo or is it a literal unlimited play time (thus play seasons not just 6 months)?

It's a Beta, not a demo so it's the full game but probably has a few bugs.

What is going to stop people placing preorders with shops then cancelling the pre-order once they have got the code?

As mentioned in the OP, the beta version will stop working after Monday November 5th, so if you've not activated the full game by then, you won't be able to play until you do.

Simple,you have to pay up front for the pre-order if you cancel the pre-order that code is simply binned and will no longer work on Steam thus you can no longer play the game.

It is very straight forward for Steam to deactivate a code for 1 of the games on their platform.

Bertie BG you may want to look at the link you are providing as it is only showing places where you can buy the game based on your IP.

Lots of people buy the digital download from other countries so it would be a good idea to show all the places you can buy the game and not just regional.

I am in Holland and it only shows BOL.com but I bought the game from GmG.

maybe something too look at.

Archived