[FM13] Malta Complete League System

Malta Complete League System

This update includes:

Leagues

Malta:

Bank of Valletta Premier League (Semi-Pro)

Bank of Valletta First Division (Semi-Pro)

Bank of Valletta Second Division (Semi-Pro)

Bank of Valletta Third Division (Semi-Pro)

Gozo:

Gozo First Division (Amateur)

Gozo Second Division (Amateur)

Youth:

Maltese Youth League Section A

Maltese Youth League Section B

Maltese Youth League Section C

Maltese Youth League Section D

Maltese Youth League Section E (For clubs without youth squads in real life)

Maltese Youth League Gozo Section (For gozo clubs)

Cups

Malta:

U*BET FA Trophy

Bank of Valletta Super Cup

Gozo:

Gozo Football Association Cup

Gozo Super Cup

Gozo Independence Cup

Gozo Freedom Day Cup

Gozo Second Division Knock-Out

Gozo Second Division Challenge Cup

Youth:

Maltese Youth A Knock-Out

Maltese Youth B Knock-Out

Notes:

Some competitions like Independence Day Cup or the Gozo Super Cup are not 100% like in real life because of editor's limitation.

Credits:

Special thanks to Mons for the tremendous help he is be giving to this update.

Download: (RC9)

Sendspace

Old Versions:

RC6:

Sendspace

RC5:

Sendspace

RC4:

4shared

RC3:

GameFront

4shared

RC2:

GameFront

4shared

• 3 weeks later...

The Gozo Independence Cup and Freedom Day Cup you can remove as they are rather friendly cups. The only cup you have missing for Malta is the EURO Cup which is played between the teams that qualify for Europe. I don't know if you can set that up in the Editor though...maybe put the top 4 sides in it.

The Gozo Independence Cup and Freedom Day Cup you can remove as they are rather friendly cups. The only cup you have missing for Malta is the EURO Cup which is played between the teams that qualify for Europe. I don't know if you can set that up in the Editor though...maybe put the top 4 sides in it.

The problem with the Euro Cup is that is impossible to implement in the editor, that's why i didn't include it.

One other thing i would like to know is if the clubs in the Premier League are considered professional clubs or semi-professional clubs, anyone knows?

Notes:

Clubs professional status, are the main league clubs considered as Professional clubs? What about the rest of the divisions?

Is there any other division missing in this list?

If there's no more youth divisions, should i create an extra division to include the rest of the u19 clubs that doesn't have u19 squads in real life?

If you know an answer to any of this questions feel free to post it.

The problem with the Euro Cup is that is impossible to implement in the editor, that's why i didn't include it.

One other thing i would like to know is if the clubs in the Premier League are considered professional clubs or semi-professional clubs, anyone knows?

All Maltese club are semi-professional, from Valletta on downwards, in that they all have players who are paid a wage yet still have a day job. The only exception are Melita, who are resolutely amateur and whose amateur set-up is endorsed by an MFA derogation.

There are number of Maltese players who are professional, but far from all current internationals have football as their sole breadwinning employment. It's also fair to assume that ALL foreigners at all levels are professional, in that their contract generally forbids them from having alternative gainful employment. I recall a First Division club publicly reprimanding a foreign player, who was moonlighting as a plasterer some mornings :D

Is there any other division missing in this list?

If there's no more youth divisions, should i create an extra division to include the rest of the u19 clubs that doesn't have u19 squads in real life?

Feel free to add anything that i may be missing.

You're sorted about the divisions, as per the above.

Please note that the Gozitan competitions have 3 rounds, i.e. 18 games in all. 2 foreigners are allowed for the First Division and none for the Second Division.

I disagree with Her9's interpretation of the Gozitan cup competitions. The Independence Cup is a pre-season cup competition contested only by the 7 team in the Gozo top division and the final is ALWAYS held on the 21st of September. While it is not pivotal, it is certainly competitively contested and is a GFA-organised competition. The Super Cup is held as the last game of the season, between the winners of the league and cup competitions of the same season, differently from other equivalent competitions where it is held as the curtain-raiser of the following season. The Freedom Day Cup is ALWAYS held on the 31st March and is contested between the first and second-placed teams after the first round of the league has been played - this might be rather difficult to implement with the limitations of FM's editor, so it might be worth leaving it out tbh.

I would also suggest that the youth teams of Maltese teams who are not irl represented in the youth league, should be added to a lower youth division. This is for gaming purposes, as a manager who takes the senior team over would then not have a youth team, which is not much fun :) As for the Gozitan teams, probably the best way to implement it is to lump all the club's youth teams into two divisions (not ranked by senior team's current division) - with the winner of Group A playing the runner-up of Group B and vice-versa, in the semi-finals. All games take place in the Sannat Ground and the final in the Gozo Stadium.

If you need any further info and elaboration, drop me a PM or email as I'm more likely to see it then...

All Maltese club are semi-professional, from Valletta on downwards, in that they all have players who are paid a wage yet still have a day job. The only exception are Melita, who are resolutely amateur and whose amateur set-up is endorsed by an MFA derogation.

There are number of Maltese players who are professional, but far from all current internationals have football as their sole breadwinning employment. It's also fair to assume that ALL foreigners at all levels are professional, in that their contract generally forbids them from having alternative gainful employment. I recall a First Division club publicly reprimanding a foreign player, who was moonlighting as a plasterer some mornings :D

You're sorted about the divisions, as per the above.

Please note that the Gozitan competitions have 3 rounds, i.e. 18 games in all. 2 foreigners are allowed for the First Division and none for the Second Division.

I disagree with Her9's interpretation of the Gozitan cup competitions. The Independence Cup is a pre-season cup competition contested only by the 7 team in the Gozo top division and the final is ALWAYS held on the 21st of September. While it is not pivotal, it is certainly competitively contested and is a GFA-organised competition. The Super Cup is held as the last game of the season, between the winners of the league and cup competitions of the same season, differently from other equivalent competitions where it is held as the curtain-raiser of the following season. The Freedom Day Cup is ALWAYS held on the 31st March and is contested between the first and second-placed teams after the first round of the league has been played - this might be rather difficult to implement with the limitations of FM's editor, so it might be worth leaving it out tbh.

I would also suggest that the youth teams of Maltese teams who are not irl represented in the youth league, should be added to a lower youth division. This is for gaming purposes, as a manager who takes the senior team over would then not have a youth team, which is not much fun :) As for the Gozitan teams, probably the best way to implement it is to lump all the club's youth teams into two divisions (not ranked by senior team's current division) - with the winner of Group A playing the runner-up of Group B and vice-versa, in the semi-finals. All games take place in the Sannat Ground and the final in the Gozo Stadium.

If you need any further info and elaboration, drop me a PM or email as I'm more likely to see it then...

Gozo Super Cup and the Freedom day won't be as in real life. (you can't set up a super cup in the end of the season in FM because it will take last season winners and the freedom cup will be between 1st ans 2nd from last years and not at the time)

About the youth system, isn't some gozo teams playing in the national structure? (I'm not sure of this but i think i saw one or two when i was investigating) I was thinking of putting all the u19 clubs in one division and, depending on the numbers, divide them in groups.

Thanks for the feedback Mons. ;)

PS: The foreigner rule, is it all foreigners or only non-EU?

I meant to imply that the Gozitan Super Cup and Freedom Day Cup probably shouldn't be added into the update, but forgot to write it. Alternately, you could set up the Super Cup for the start of the following season, otherwise the calendar gets a bit bare ;)

Up to around 3 years ago, you might be aware that there was a Gozo FC in the Maltese football pyramid, which was basically composed of the best Gozitan players, and which would compete alongside the Gozitan clubs' calendar. It has been since discontinued at senior level, although I believe that a team is fielded at youth level. This might be a bit difficult to reflect in the game with the current limitations of the editor. The youth teams of Gozitan clubs only compete against those in the Gozo football pyramid, however.

Re the foreigner rule, I'm not sure if you're only referring to the Gozitan or the Maltese leagues, so I'll keep it generic. In Malta, you are allowed an unlimited amount of EU players, but only x amount of non-EU players (x is different according to the different divisions). You can only field y non-homegrown players, however you can have foreigners on the bench and they can be subbed on, as long as y is not exceeded. In Gozo, you can have as many registered non-homegrown players as you want in the top division, however you can only have 2 in the match-day squad. Naturally, for financial reasons, hardly any clubs can afford to employ a foreigner (and therefore a professional, and therefore having large wages) and not play him, so most clubs only have on their books the amount of non-local players who can be fielded, and none more. Some do have an 'extra' foreigner in case of suspension or injuries.

I meant to imply that the Gozitan Super Cup and Freedom Day Cup probably shouldn't be added into the update, but forgot to write it. Alternately, you could set up the Super Cup for the start of the following season, otherwise the calendar gets a bit bare ;)

Up to around 3 years ago, you might be aware that there was a Gozo FC in the Maltese football pyramid, which was basically composed of the best Gozitan players, and which would compete alongside the Gozitan clubs' calendar. It has been since discontinued at senior level, although I believe that a team is fielded at youth level. This might be a bit difficult to reflect in the game with the current limitations of the editor. The youth teams of Gozitan clubs only compete against those in the Gozo football pyramid, however.

Re the foreigner rule, I'm not sure if you're only referring to the Gozitan or the Maltese leagues, so I'll keep it generic. In Malta, you are allowed an unlimited amount of EU players, but only x amount of non-EU players (x is different according to the different divisions). You can only field y non-homegrown players, however you can have foreigners on the bench and they can be subbed on, as long as y is not exceeded. In Gozo, you can have as many registered non-homegrown players as you want in the top division, however you can only have 2 in the match-day squad. Naturally, for financial reasons, hardly any clubs can afford to employ a foreigner (and therefore a professional, and therefore having large wages) and not play him, so most clubs only have on their books the amount of non-local players who can be fielded, and none more. Some do have an 'extra' foreigner in case of suspension or injuries.

Ok, thanks for the feedback.

• 3 weeks later...
The file is unavailable apparently. Thanks for this though, I was about to start off on my own Malta database until I saw this. Good work!

For some strange reason everything i upload doesn't seem to be available. I'll put it in some other host.

Poop, made a second test in a different computer and the update is working. Have no idea what could be your problem.

You're sure your not loading other leagues? Because that can make the effect you're describing.

I was actually running a Malta file that I converted from 2013 instead of yours, that explains it

BurnCM4X, there's a number of data issues/mistakes which I'd like to correct. It'd be way, way, way inconvenient to post them all in here. Are you planning to make/Have you already made any amendments to the file in the OP? Can I just modify things on this file or do you have any suggestions?

BurnCM4X, there's a number of data issues/mistakes which I'd like to correct. It'd be way, way, way inconvenient to post them all in here. Are you planning to make/Have you already made any amendments to the file in the OP? Can I just modify things on this file or do you have any suggestions?

Well, it would make my work easy if you post it here. (Since i would be able to update the issues/mistake in my saved structure)

The reason for this is that i reuse my work between FM versions so if i do not log the errors, in the next FM version the errors will still be there. If you can, have the issues/mistakes posted here. (Believe me, it will worth it)

I'm having problems loading this one.

The error given:

U*BET FA Trophy - Too many teams (14) requested from Bank of Valleta Second Division(8)

EDIT: when running the Malta file alone its doing fine, but as soon as I try loading another database it gives the error.

I'm having problems loading this one.

The error given:

U*BET FA Trophy - Too many teams (14) requested from Bank of Valleta Second Division(8)

EDIT: when running the Malta file alone its doing fine, but as soon as I try loading another database it gives the error.

This is an error that i can't do much about it.

It's been reported to SI a lot of times and it has to do with created elements in different updates having the same ID and because of that, messing up with the updates.

This is an error that i can't do much about it.

It's been reported to SI a lot of times and it has to do with created elements in different updates having the same ID and because of that, messing up with the updates.

ahh, okay. I can't load this database with any other then. Damn.

Will collect and post them later.

Here's a file with some proposed edits

Only had time to do the nation rules, clubs and awards so far, so I'm sending them over so you can start on them while I work on the person's data issues :)

Hope you don't mind me doing this - you're doing a great job, don't take my suggestions as demands or criticism of your work :)

Tried sending this via PM, but your inbox is apparently full...

Not at all, thanks for sending the suggestions.

Sorry for the message box being full. ill give a clean on it today :D

EDIT: You posted something about the youth divisions that i didn't understand. The actual structure in RC1 and RC2 should be the real one except for the 2 divisions i created for the clubs that doesn't have youth clubs. Did i missed anything?

About the names, i am a fan of having the complete club name in the database. That field is there for that propose in my opinion. I'll consider a change in the names... (maybe in a future version, not in the next one)

EDIT2: What you mean with the no stadium option in the excel file?

And keep the reports comming. :D

I'll have to get back to you re the youth divisions and check them when I'm home.

re the no stadium, those clubs currently have no stadium assigned in your db atm.

I'll start working on the MANY player inaccuracies in the data, none of which are your fault obviously.

i've downloaded this but i can only find an xml file not a dbc file.That's not working for me,i'm getting error when selecting it,can you fix this please.

the xml file is the same thing as a dbc one.

If you getting an error loading it it's probably because you are loading it with another created DB. Try loading only the Malta league. It should work.

the xml file is the same thing as a dbc one.

If you getting an error loading it it's probably because you are loading it with another created DB. Try loading only the Malta league. It should work.

indeed,i play with an edited db which i've created.

i'll try it whitout that one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm hoping to have a new version out before the New Year as well which updates everything massively, from kits to squad composition, downgrades some terrbily over-rated youths and corrects wrong positions and ability levels and adds some missing players.

Archived