FM 13 New Video: Changes in Training

Smurf

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Training looks a lot more in-depth and the interface looks nice and easy to use. Love the training camps and can't wait to use them. Wonder if your club can develop their own training camps though - or maybe I misunderstood the scenario.

Also really liking the ability to upskill coaches - finally!

I agree, the interface looks better and I like the ability to plan weeks in advance, along with coaching badges and training camps: great ideas! However my one concern is over position-specific training. I wouldn't want my strikers working as much on defensive work as my defenders, and vice versa. I wonder how (or if at all) this has been dealt with now they appear to have moved on from the slider system.

Training looks a lot more in-depth and the interface looks nice and easy to use. Love the training camps and can't wait to use them. Wonder if your club can develop their own training camps though - or maybe I misunderstood the scenario.

Also really liking the ability to upskill coaches - finally!

It looks a lot less indepth imo.

You can still do personal training regimes.

Just after 1.40 is that what you're talking about?

i think i explain myself poorly.

In FM2012 i can make training schedules with the sliders sistem. I can make them for gk, defenders, strikers, etc etc. I can even make one for a specific player.

It's looks, i may be wrong, that in FM2013 we can no longer do this. Players gets the training set in 7 big areas (balanced, fitness, tactics, ball control, defending, attacking and team cohesion), and i think this 7 pre-set training regime can't be changed.

So i think we have much less control in our training regime... and because of that in the delelopment of our players.

actually in the big picture, the "default sliders" and any custom slider made close to no difference in player development from what i can tell, it was almost the same, i like just dropping all sliders and have a much more general training plan

I dont agree!

For example in FM2012 using the default training schedules, and using the ones i created at the end of one season i can see differences in the delevopment of the players. And this difference is even bigger in young players.

I really dont understand why SI remove the option for us making training schedules. If we can built or tactics, we should built or training regimes.

actually in the big picture, the "default sliders" and any custom slider made close to no difference in player development from what i can tell, it was almost the same, i like just dropping all sliders and have a much more general training plan

That's completely wrong.

A good manager could radically improve a player in specific areas, or they could make them a more general player.

This training looks dumbed down for casual players who were too stupid to work out the slider system and whined over and over for years about how bad the training was because they couldn't develop their players.

Now I have less control over my players development and that isn't good.

Now we've got generic training based on player roles. Terrible decision. Yet more pandering to casual players.

Although i agree it's nice to set up your own schedules etc i think the new training leans more to the realistic side, for instance if you set up a schedule for defenders and obviously assign all your defender to this well that's not what really happens in real life, you would't go to a training session in real life and see 6 -7 defenders training against each other in a separate group somewhere, the coaches would want them training with the strikers etc as this is what there up against in a real game

Dont you tweak sliders in your tactics to gain the best result? :)

Same principal

Not if I use the tactics creator. :brock:

But you have a point but the way I see it, is that when tweaking width your just telling them to play wider. Or to increase the tempo, you nudge the slider up, you can gauge these things using sliders. However, training I think it is unrealistic to do so, imo.

Not if I use the tactics creator. :brock:

But you have a point but the way I see it, is that when tweaking width your just telling them to play wider. Or to increase the tempo, you nudge the slider up, you can gauge these things using sliders. However, training I think it is unrealistic to do so, imo.

Tweak width = play wider.

Tweak aerobics = tell assistant to have them work out more.

Although i agree it's nice to set up your own schedules etc i think the new training leans more to the realistic side, for instance if you set up a schedule for defenders and obviously assign all your defender to this well that's not what really happens in real life, you would't go to a training session in real life and see 6 -7 defenders training against each other in a separate group somewhere, the coaches would want them training with the strikers etc as this is what there up against in a real game

Bielsa, still mad about the game; fifa.com: The Rosario-born tactician has even surprised some of his former charges with his unusual methods, such as allocating separate training times for different parts of his squad. "Sometimes we wouldn't see any of the strikers, because he'd have them training at a different time, and it was the same with the midfielders. He's an innovator, and one of the people who I've learned most from during my career," says former international Roberto Ayala.

I want to know if we now can make custom schedules because that hasn't been made clear to me. I've only recently got training but I normally download a few internet schedules and occasionally tweak them a bit. I generally have it on generic player roles so it doesn't take a massive step back for me if anything it's a step forward.

The Rosario-born tactician has even surprised some of his former charges with his unusual methods, such as allocating separate training times for different parts of his squad. "Sometimes we wouldn't see any of the strikers, because he'd have them training at a different time, and it was the same with the midfielders. He's an innovator, and one of the people who I've learned most from during my career," says former international Roberto Ayala. Bielsa, still mad about the game, fifa.com

Yeah look were it says "unusual methods" meaning it's not common

Tweak width = play wider.

Tweak aerobics = tell assistant to have them work out more.

Yeah but in real life I don't tell a coach to do this much __________________________ aerobic work and then do around this much ________ ball control. I go right lads today we're going to focus on ball control.

And too time consuming adjusting a slider for each position.

Amount of time didn't bother me, it was just the extent to which you could basically completely rewrite a player by using them. It was almost as effective as just changing the player in an editor at times.

Yeah but in real life I don't tell a coach to do this much __________________________ aerobic work and then do around this much ________ ball control. I go right lads today we're going to focus on ball control.

You just said you can see how sliders can be realistic as an interpretation of what you might do in reality.

My complaint about the old training was that you could set it up when you signed a player and then forget about it. This new system looks like it needs more micro management to prepare for tricky matches and manage player fitness which is good.

I will miss the sliders though especial as I felt they allowed you to mould newgens with odd attributes into more natural, balanced players.

A QUESTION TO SIGAMES

I do not understand some of the video, if you have an option that says General Training and gives you options: BALANCED - FITNESS - TACTICS - BALL CONTROL - DEFENDING - atacking AND TEAM COHESION.

Suppose DEFENDING select, as making the individual training set as if they train front lay them on one another in target man?, That would serve to bring the overall training in defending? on the other hand, suppose that is a generality for those unwilling to do individual workouts, means that if I put all my players including defending offensive players will train their defensive attributes?

i am talking about the flap and General Training Training Match.

I only use the tactics creator for the same reasons btw.

I don't think the advanced sliders are realistic and its too easy to cheat the game using them.

It looks like they're bringing the same philosophy in from that. The idea is to let the manager interact with the game in football language, and make it clearer how every setting should impact your game, rather than needing to know what numbers are best on several somewhat abstracted sliders.

I only use the tactics creator for the same reasons btw.

I don't think the advanced sliders are realistic and its too easy to cheat the game using them.

You should then stop buying fast players as well, their on field effectiveness is completely unrealistic!*

*I agree that effects of training and tutoring are far too powerful and badly balanced. Situation is made even worse by single PA value for physical, mental and technical ability.

You should then stop buying fast players as well, their on field effectiveness is completely unrealistic!*

*I agree that effects of training and tutoring are far too powerful and badly balanced. Situation is made even worse by single PA value for physical, mental and technical ability.

I don't usually buy speed merchants, though I do like to have at least 15 pace in wide positions and for my poacher.

Pleased the training has been re-written and the format changed as the old system was just bland, this is a massive improvement.

Happy to see SI have up the ante on FM series because between 10 and 12 it was becoming the same format with a few gimmicks.

Cool. I like the focus on roles option that popped up - this is something I can see myself using. In general, it looks like it's been tweaked to make it easier for players to identify what training settings would be appropriate and when.

It'll be very useful in honing a player so that he fits into the role you want him to be in your tactics.

If he plays DLF in tactics you get him to train as DLF and he'll, hopefully, improve on those attributes over others that aren't as necessary for a DLF

Basically SI have made it so that the tactic creator amd training go hand-in-hand.

I do like that you can change the focus of the tactics in advance. Although I hope that if you have a postonement you can set that weeks training to a heavier workload during the week and it would have an effect.

I wonder how much difference there is in training between the career and FMC modes. I suspect that the Individual tab may be missing for FMC.

Archived