35% off FM13 pre-order- extended offer :)

Ackter

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the information - don't suppose anybody knows if this'll work out on Steam for Mac? I can't see why it wouldn't, but all the spec refers to PC only. Surely if it's just a code for Steam it'll be alright?

Gonna put a support request to the company, but just thought I'd ask here in case anyone has the answer already! Thanks in advance if so ;)

Just in case anyone else was wondering, GreenMan have emailed me back to say it will be okay for MAC too.

Thanks for this thread, just a note though. I ordered the game from GMG and when tried to pay via Paypal i was redirected to GMG, with the message that the payment could not be completed, probably because some banks regard the site to be a gambling site.

I've just tried to contact GMG support team since the game is not in the basket now, or anywhere in my paypal history. I wouldn't want to order the game twice!..anyone had that sort of trouble?

Thanks for this thread, just a note though. I ordered the game from GMG and when tried to pay via Paypal i was redirected to GMG, with the message that the payment could not be completed, probably because some banks regard the site to be a gambling site.

I've just tried to contact GMG support team since the game is not in the basket now, or anywhere in my paypal history. I wouldn't want to order the game twice!..anyone had that sort of trouble?

Sounds a bit odd. I'm not at all sure that PayPal would tell your bank what the money was for? All banks will release money to PayPal, and PayPal will give money to anyone!

bizarre really but i can't even add FM to my basket as there is no option to!

I found this once I was either logged in to the site or had already purchased the game.

If you are logged into the site, try logging out, then viewing the game, then you can log back in once you have it in your basket.

Just to confirm. If I buy it digitally here at GMG, install it via Steam on my current laptop, and if I get a new laptop can I just transfer it to my new one?

You just have to install Steam on to your new laptop then login to your Steam account and then you can download it again,if you want to keep the same save you will have to use something like a USB stick and transfer the data.

I can not remember of the top off my head but I believe it is the Steam apps folder you have to transfer.

Edit-This is from Steam's "how to" guide.

Steam installs to the following folder by default:

C:\Program Files\Steam

Files for games installed on Steam are stored in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\

During the installation of Steam, you have the option to install Steam to a location other than the default. Since Steam relies on the game files residing in the SteamApps folder, your game files will go to whatever folder you have Steam installed in. The game files must be in the SteamApps folder in order to function.

Moving Your Steam Installation

Warning:

It is highly recommended that you create a backup of your SteamApps folder before attempting this process. Neglecting to do so may result in a loss of all of your game content should something go wrong.

If you're low on space on the drive you have Steam installed, you can move the Steam folder to a different location. Here's an example of how to move the Steam installation between two hard drives:

Log out and exit Steam

Navigate to the folder where Steam is installed (by default: C:\Program Files\Steam\)

Delete all of the files and folders except the SteamApps folder and Steam.exe

Cut and paste your Steam folder to the new location, for example: D:\Games\Steam\

Launch Steam

Steam will briefly update and then you will be ready to play

All future game content will be downloaded to the new folder D:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\

Maybe a mod can add this to the "FAQ" if it is not already somewhere on this forum as it may help others.

Thanks for the information - don't suppose anybody knows if this'll work out on Steam for Mac? I can't see why it wouldn't, but all the spec refers to PC only. Surely if it's just a code for Steam it'll be alright?

I don't think Steam currently has cases of game keys being Mac-only or PC-only. If both versions are on Steam, you get both.

NOTE: Original code expired, new code included:

Hi All,

The good folks over at greenmangaming are running a limited time offer for pre-purchasing Football Manager 13.

The first 500 people to redeem the code GMGFM-C7BEY-U0PMY when pre-purchasing FM13 will get 35% off the current price.

The link can be found here: www.greenmangaming.com/football-manager-2013/

Note: Game cannot be sold to the following countries due to external restrictions: China, Hong Kong, North Korea, Taiwan, Germany

Enjoy! :)

Game for £19.50 + 6% Quidco cashback. Nice:applause:

Next week? the beta starts on Friday

That was a Tweet from yesterday. They have Tweeted "this week" a couple of hours ago and it seems they expect the Beta on Friday still.

Green Man Gaming ‏@GreenManGaming

There'll be more info this week, beta doesn't start until Friday though :)

FFS was going to pre order using the code last night, wssent sure if i had enough money in, so was going to do it when ive got home and now code is invalid.

dont think somebody wants me to get this game, after having trouble pre ordering from game.

FFS was going to pre order using the code last night, wssent sure if i had enough money in, so was going to do it when ive got home and now code is invalid.

dont think somebody wants me to get this game, after having trouble pre ordering from game.

nevermind, use GMG20-FXYD1-7WHP1 to get it for £24. best offer at the moment still.

Did my last post get deleted? Maybe it didn't go through?

I was hoping we would have the key by now or at least an update.

They don't have the keys yet, they claim other retailers are only sending out their keys because they are Beta only , where as GMG is getting some super awesome special key that no other retailer got. Still speaking to SEGA apparently, we will get them on Friday if the beta goes ahead ( they also now claim that Friday was a place holder and no one knows if the beta is going ahead on Friday yet)

Seems to be a theme with GMG, their forum is full of complaints about missing keys , keys for wrong regions , late keys etc etc etc. Funnily enough the Fm section of their forum no longer works...

They don't have the keys yet, they claim other retailers are only sending out their keys because they are Beta only , where as GMG is getting some super awesome special key that no other retailer got. Still speaking to SEGA apparently, we will get them on Friday if the beta goes ahead ( they also now claim that Friday was a place holder and no one knows if the beta is going ahead on Friday yet)

Seems to be a theme with GMG, their forum is full of complaints about missing keys , keys for wrong regions , late keys etc etc etc. Funnily enough the Fm section of their forum no longer works...

Could it be because they are one of the few 'digital partners' rather than selling boxed versions? Have to admit it would be nice to have a key and know I'm ready when it comes and if it becomes available and I still have no key I will cancel my order and go elsewhere, even if it costs me a couple of quid extra.

Archived