Editor won't work

It seems your game is "Football Manager 2012 Review", the press version of FM12. Is that updated to the most recent update at all, or is it still the RTM/beta version? In the Steam DB it is only at update 13/14, while regular FM12 is at 44/34.

Presumably your game is not installed in the normal FM12 folder but a special differently named one ("Football Manager 2012 Press"), and thus the editor can't find the data, as you don't have a "Football Manager 2012" folder.

I tried to add you on Steam to ask a few more questions about the matter.

He has version 12.2.2 259511(m.e v997), while my normal non-press game is 259383, so I actually have an older build.

We fixed it by running the following from an elevated command prompt (In the Start Menu search box area type cmd, then right click on cmd.exe once it appears, and click on Run as administrator, the second option.):

mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012 press"

Basically create a fake "football manager 2012" folder that points at "football manager 2012 press", where his game is located, as the editor is hard-coded to only look in the former folder.

Archived