Classic or Challenge? - FM13

What mode will you be playing?  

409 members have voted

1. 1. What mode will you be playing?

• Classic
    • Challenge
    • I'll try both out first and see which I prefer
    • Career Mode

Neither, both took away time from improving other aspects of the game, which annoys me.

SI hired extra staff thanks to moving to Steam, and you can only have so many people working on one thing. FMC didn't "take time away" from regular FM, different coders work on different things.

I prefer to play the career mode and then switch off (assign to assistants) certain features which doesn't interest me.

This is probably what I'll do, I have a feeling FMC might disable some features I want to use.

Classic because I probably wont have the time for the career mode unfortunately. This is a great feature for slightly older CM/FM fans who haven't maybe got the time these days to play a career mode. I'm really looking forward to classic mode and I'm sure others are too.

Classic for me, yes I'll miss out on some of the new improvements in the game but I might actually be able to complete more then a season or 2 without getting bored with the grind that I am forced to get into to get the best out of the game.

I don't think that I've completed more then a season or two on a save for at least 3 or 4 versions of the game.

FMC will be like playign with up to date features but with the speed and enjoyability of the game from 10+ years ago.

Hopefully FMC won't miss out on the Match Engine improvements and we have the option to view a match with up to extended highlights.

Agree with Spankie 100% Have voted for Classic in this poll (the only poll I have ever considered worth bothering with) I must add I will try Challenge out of curiosity and I will use career mode to develop tactics (with 90 min match viewing option) This is all, I must add, on the basis that FMC is all I expect it to be from the little known so far. If not I will use Career mode but now I am sold on the simplistic idea I will turn off (or hand over to Ass Man) press conferences, team talks and other such non essentials. The FMC vision has given me a whole new angle on FM generally

For me it's how 'dumbed down' the classic is. If it's not watered down too much on what you have to get involved in, as Lucas78 says for me it might be worth a quick scout to play in leagues I'd not try like North and South America.

I'm old. With kids. No spare time. :D

Classic. Sick to death with all the stupid team talks and media talks which half the time appear to give random outcomes. Huge waste of time. Yes I could give that to my assistant manager but it still has knock on effects. I want it removed completely.

Can someone please give me a link where I can read about what are the differences in these two (three?) versions of the game?

In an unbiased nutshell, the modes are as follows:

Career - Exactly the same style of game as FM12, including press conferences, team talks etc.

Classic - A brand new mode deliberately streamlined for people who have found the core FM game too bulky/time-consuming. Some aspects removed/automated to enable people to progress through seasons in a quicker time. This mode also introduces various "unlockables" which may be either purchased for a small additional fee or unlocked through specific in-game achievements.

Challenge - Adopted from FM Handheld, where it has been successful. You are put into a specific situation in the game and given a set period of game time to achieve a specific goal. For example, taking over a team bottom at Christmas and guiding them to safety.

Hope this helps.

In an unbiased nutshell, the modes are as follows:

Career - Exactly the same style of game as FM12, including press conferences, team talks etc.

Classic - A brand new mode deliberately streamlined for people who have found the core FM game too bulky/time-consuming. Some aspects removed/automated to enable people to progress through seasons in a quicker time. This mode also introduces various "unlockables" which may be either purchased for a small additional fee or unlocked through specific in-game achievements.

Challenge - Adopted from FM Handheld, where it has been successful. You are put into a specific situation in the game and given a set period of game time to achieve a specific goal. For example, taking over a team bottom at Christmas and guiding them to safety.

Hope this helps.

Clearly & succinctly put L!

Thx!

I reckon I will continue with Career. Probably give Classic a try. Will avoid Challange like the plague!!!!

Archived