*Official* Football Manager 2013 Announced!

Classic and Challenge Modes

I was one of the people complaining about press conferences, media interaction and the general length of time a season takes to play. While Classic mode looks like it removes a lot of the things I didn’t like it also looks like it removes things I was interested in like team talks and individual training. I'm not sure I'm thrilled by it. The challenges sound fun though.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ta, see you in 2014.

You may be gone a while, I can't see any reason for them to abandon Steam in the near-future, especially as they seem to be doing exactly the opposite this year.

http://downloads.sega.com/sigames/web/images/assets/games/screens/fm13/full/AFC%20Wimbledon_%20Training-3.png

Bad. This is bad...

EDIT: Otherwise i'm okay with the news. Any new FM is a great FM.

I'm not too bothered about the first three, just allows people more control and flexibility over the game they want to play. However if (and it's a very big if because obviously there's no confirmation yet) international management has to be 'unlocked' or earned through a career, I'd be very disappointed. Sometimes it's quite fun just to load a game as a random country and see how you can do. Fingers crossed that's just a placeholder or doesn't apply to the 'normal' FM.

Information is at 2:32 in the video.

The Unlockables is an option in Classic FM (ie, not the main career game), where people can purchase/unlock those options to change those options in their game (ie, removing transfer windows, sacking etc.). Not compulsory by any stretch of the imagination.

It frustrates me to see so many people turn their backs on FM just because of steam. For me it has been a harmless little program that I only use for FM and works like I don't even know it's there.

Not quite. I can't play a game I bought two years ago, for instance (fm11).but this is not a conversation to have here.

Someone may have cleared this up earlier in the thread, but I haven't the time to scour through it.

Briefly: Can anyone explain what all this 'Unlockables' malarkey is? Hopefully, it's an option to play with them, rather than it being compulsory...

They are an option that you can play with in the classic modes and they arn't compulsory (and you certainly dont need to buy them as the picture posted even shows them saying you can unlock them just by playing and meeting certain criteria - such as 10 years in the job for unsackable)

This may be controversial, but I'd rather SI to concentrate on improving other aspects of FM - like the Match Engine, AI development & scouting system etc. (To be fair, it looks like they've improved the aforementioned aspects) - rather than creating a new concept such as this 'Unlockables' feature.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I'm sure many FM'ers will be excited by this 'Unlockables' feature. Something new. Something to keep people interested, I suppose.

This may be controversial, but I'd rather SI to concentrate on improving other aspects of FM - like the Match Engine, AI development & scouting system etc. (To be fair, it looks like they've improved the aforementioned aspects) - rather than creating a new concept such as this 'Unlockables' feature.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I'm sure many FM'ers will be excited by this 'Unlockables' feature. Something new. Something to keep people interested, I suppose.

Why can't they do both?

It's not controversial. 99percent of people who have followed and loved the series for 20 years want exactly that.

It's not controversial. 99percent of people who have followed and loved the series for 20 years want exactly that.

But as Miles in the video and the opening post show, SI have managed to develop both. So where is the issue?

It's not about 'being able' to do both. It's a little not losing hard core fans by dropping resources on our side to appeal to fifa and 30 minutes per day players. Yes, it's easy to say that they're doing both well, but we'll just have to see.

And again, I'll say the same: I'm just debating. No bashing, not upset, nothing. Just chatting about the new game comí up. I hope my opinion is taken as just that and not an attempt to stir things up.

Like what happens if the director does contract negotiations, and does something stupid like offer a player **** loads a week, where in theory if you were doing the negotiations, it be a lot less? Similar to if you asked board to do a deal for you, they'd spend like 30 million too much.

Like what happens if the director does contract negotiations, and does something stupid like offer a player **** loads a week, where in theory if you were doing the negotiations, it be a lot less? Similar to if you asked board to do a deal for you, they'd spend like 30 million too much.

Hence why i have never wanted, or will ever use a DoF in game :D lol

It's not about 'being able' to do both. It's a little not losing hard core fans by dropping resources on our side to appeal to fifa and 30 minutes per day players. Yes, it's easy to say that they're doing both well, but we'll just have to see.

And again, I'll say the same: I'm just debating. No bashing, not upset, nothing. Just chatting about the new game comí up. I hope my opinion is taken as just that and not an attempt to stir things up.

SI hired a bunch of new people recently, they have more resources to play with than ever before.

No games are finished, they all get released when they are at a stage of the main bugs being eliminated.

no but by the time the next version of the game comes out you would expect the previous version to as close to finished as can get

I'm playing a game now in 2nd division of Spain , beat Real Madrid 8-3 in Quarter finals , and beat Barcelona 3-1 in the Semi's as AI put reserves , this bug was in game from beginning and surely should have been sorted by now

I'm just a little grumpy as playing fm at the moment and it kind takes any satisfaction away from getting to a cup final with a lower team when you smash 2 of the worlds best teams on the way

anyway back to fm13 and lets hope it be good , looking forward to seeing full list of features

Lol. Everyone asking questions to which no ****er has a clue about yet!

That's the downfall to classic mode if that's the case. I've had players demanding like 90k a week, but managed to get it down to around 60k for example. Don't wanna have loads of players on pathetic wages against your will. Should be a choice option. Maybe it is though.

Well there has been enough demand for it to be worthwhile from their perspective. I wont ever use it, but given how many people want it, i can see why its a good addition.

Again no 64 bit version? I'm hoping that they will add something that is going to convince me in the following weeks, like dynamic league reputation did for example. I feel that the main new features are all designed for casual gamers. That unlockable content sounds like Fifa for me.

SI really need to clarify things with this microtransaction ********, and that's fast!

I mean, the option to remove work permits should be included in the editor. It's not something you should have to pay extra for. For example.

Will this "feature" limit the editor for career games?

Will this "feature" be the end of awesome third party tools like FMRTE in career mode?

If the answer is yes for one of these question i don't think i'll buy the game at all this year.

It looks like there's been a strong focus on improving and refining the fundamentals of the game... that's great, particularly the improvements regarding ME player movement and decision-making. No mention of AI squad development and changes to the reputation system yet, but hopefully there's been some progress in this area as well.

As far as Football Manager Classic goes, I think selling cheat modes seems a little incongruous with the general spirit of FM... but if it brings in more casual fans and money to be invested in improving the true game for FM obsessives, I don't have a problem with it.

I mean, the option to remove work permits should be included in the editor. It's not something you should have to pay extra for. For example.

The editor has only ever been for editing the database. It's never changed how the actual game modules have functioned.

SI really need to clarify things with this microtransaction ********, and that's fast!

Will this "feature" limit the editor for career games?

Will this "feature" be the end of awesome third party tools like FMRTE in career mode?

If the answer is yes for one of these question i don't think i'll buy the game at all this year.

But you're happy to pay for a third party editor?

The info released so far is:

microtransactions are for FMC mode only

all unlocks such as this are also unlockable through gameplay

But you're happy to pay for a third party editor?

The info released so far is:

microtransactions are for FMC mode only

all unlocks such as this are also unlockable through gameplay

Well, yes. It offers something that enhance the gaming experience. The absolutely best option would be a real time/save game editor that's created and supported by SI themselves.

Without the use of microtransactions, which are more evil than the devil itself.

Archived