*Official* Football Manager 2013 Announced!

It still won't be the same as before and you now it. It's just a try to please the minority who requested it.

Who cares if there's a 'classic' mode or 'challenge' mode, the original game is still there. If you don't like the new features, do not use them. This is exactly the same kind of moronic argument against homosexuals being allowed to marry.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well then I want an option to say "Reject all transfer deadline bids"

But wouldnt that be defeating the object...IE playing a football simulation manger game? Irl bigger clubs tout the better players of the smaller clubs.. its the way the game has gone like it or not..hence why this game needs to move forward with the times in regards to the transfer window!

Who cares if there's a 'classic' mode or 'challenge' mode, the original game is still there. If you don't like the new features, do not use them. This is exactly the same kind of moronic argument against homosexuals being allowed to marry.

The thing is that they wasted their time on implementing such features rather then improving existing features, implementing way more useful features (maybe they did, we're about to see).

The thing is that they wasted their time on implementing such features rather then improving existing features, implementing way more useful features (maybe they did, we're about to see).

You don't know that at all. You have no idea what improvements were made to the rest of the game. It hasn't been released yet.

I think the reason for it being one of the top headlines is perhaps to silence some of the critics of the game who say it's far too complicated for the average gamer who just wants to pick up and play.

That's a point I hadn't considered, and yeah, there's probably some truth in it. Doesn't really change the idea that the choice of focus of the video is likely responsible for a fair whack of the negativity in this thread, but at least it's a reasonable explanation for presenting it the way they did. Probably wouldn't have been my choice, but hey ho.

Not missing the point at all. I know what you're talking about and I don't agree. It would be very boring.

There's already a transfer rumour screen - go check that out on Transfer Deadline day.

Your still missing my point lol...I dont want to have to go to the rumour screen..I want it as in a sorta breaking news feature when the window in active..and for the life of me how you'd find that boring go's over my head...

Your still missing my point lol...I dont want to have to go to the rumour screen..I want it as in a sorta breaking news feature when the window in active..and for the life of me how you'd find that boring go's over my head...

It would be pretty cool to have a widget-style thing showing this information, like you get the widgets on the match engine.

Make a suggestion thread about it if you haven't already.

I may actually give Network play this version. If it's any good should be a refreshing new part of the game to explore.

Every year we get a lot of posts on the forum about people who are annoyed at how complex the game has gotten, I think Classic is a good way to appeal to them.

I agree with what someone else said that they really need to fix how positions are handled. Way too limiting on where you can put players.

For long term players like myself, valuing, developing and finding youngsters is a key element the AI needs to improve at, as well as being better at negotiating for players.

I would also like it made easier to loan out your own players , it shouldn't be so much work.

It'd be great to delegate renewing staff contracts or make it easier, running a big club it's really annoying when 15 coaches/physios come due for renewal at the same time, and then having to cut to my training screen to see if they are guys I can improve on or not.

It would be pretty cool to have a widget-style thing showing this information, like you get the widgets on the match engine.

Now a widgit thing would be interesting, as long as it wouldnt clog up my inbox with more transfer news!

Agree 100% mate sorta like a moving bar at the bottom in the active window?...X team has agreed a fee with X team and X player is now in talks..and I have mentioned it since 2010 :thup:

This makes absolutely no sense to me at all. I don't see any value being added to the game play. There's lots of things that managers have to do in real life that aren't in the game.

The number one annoyance in the game is press conferences. And I see this as being another press conference fiasco of a feature.

The only people I'd want to see in this widget is people that I've got shortlisted - and they come up in the newsfeed as it is, when a transfer bid is made.

I can't make any sense of sitting there in 2040 watching fictional player names transfer to different teams around the world?

If this was introduced I would really like finite control over who is displayed - i.e., players I've scouted with a potential rating of 4+ stars, revised to certain positions (could be a full back or a striker or something), and a few other things that I can't think of now.

<shrugs>

What a massive let down.

A casual friendly money grab , another overhaul of the training system and some new UI and 3d gfx , all the while the games financial model and transfer module is utterly broken.

I really wish someone could step up and make a half decent game in challenge to SI , they have clearly gotten lazy and are now chasing a different market than the one who built the franchise.

If those are the headline features then Si clearly feel the core are happy with the game and have went chasing the micro transaction based, casual friendly money rainbow.

This makes absolutely no sense to me at all. I don't see any value being added to the game play. There's lots of things that managers have to do in real life that aren't in the game.

The number one annoyance in the game is press conferences. And I see this as being another press conference fiasco of a feature.

The only people I'd want to see in this widget is people that I've got shortlisted - and they come up in the newsfeed as it is, when a transfer bid is made.

I can't make any sense of sitting there in 2040 watching fictional player names transfer to different teams around the world?

If this was introduced I would really like finite control over who is displayed - i.e., players I've scouted with a potential rating of 4+ stars, revised to certain positions (could be a full back or a striker or something), and a few other things that I can't think of now.

<shrugs>

Sounds to me you like things simple, me on the other hand I like them complicated just like IRL!

There has been a lot of speculation here already about what we have or haven't done, but until we release further details, you shouldn't make assumptions or jump to conclusions too soon.

So we ask some of you for some patience, because you'll find out more about what FM 2013 has to offer when we're ready to reveal further details through the video blogs that will be published over the coming days and weeks. :)

I'm fine with them devoting resources to Classic, Challenges, etc. even though they're not things I will ever likely use.

If the ME has been overhauled, fantastic. If some new things have been added, all the better. I will buy this game when it's been patched two or three times and I have some spare cash.

But at this point, the only thing that would make me a day-one customer is a dramatic overhaul of the reputation system and especially the AI for teambuilding and transfers. And I doubt much has been done on that front this year, or they would have mentioned it.

loving the additions, LOL at all those hater comments, FM is expanding so it doesn't appeal to just a series veteran, but prolly going to take away everyone from other manager games with FMC. FMC should be particularly useful for people who don't visit the boards, aka casual gamers. would've wished that you could take a role of director of football, not to have somebody fill that role, but whatever, it just makes the game more realistic, despite what " lol purists " say.

<shrugs>

The good thing about widgets is that you can turn them off ;)

There has been a lot of speculation here already about what we have or haven't done, but until we release further details, you shouldn't make assumptions or jump to conclusions too soon.

So we ask some of you for some patience, because you'll find out more about what FM 2013 has to offer when we're ready to reveal further details through the video blogs that will be published over the coming days and weeks. :)

I am genuinely excited by the new features mentioned! Have not been this excited for an FM release for a few years :)

Whats all this with countries taxes? Will taxes be included in fm 13 when it comes to offering a contract??

In real life, the wages that clubs pay includes the taxes amount that the footballer must pay. Surely that feature refers to this.

Archived