*Official* Football Manager 2013 Announced!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They re did the match engine and the animations to go with it. Thats exactly what you wanted.

Who says that there is a new ME? They said that they improved the MA and not the ME. We're yet to see if we will be having a new ME.

That's the way some clubs operate. Some have a director of football and you don't have a choice. Some clubs don't give the manager full control over team affairs. It's more realistic.

I hate the 'realisim' argument in regards to what a human player can do.

Realistically I'll never manager Manchester United so I shouldn't get to do it in-game.

See my point? You can always say some form of 'realisim' should mean xyz feature is or isn't included.

I don't care.

I just want a fun reasonably similar to real life set of gameplay features.

Who says that there is a new ME? They said that they improved the MA and not the ME. We're yet to see if we will be having a new ME.

I think you should read the opening post again. It says...

The 3D match engine has seen huge improvements this year. Everything on the pitch looks more realistic; from the stadiums, the players’ movement, intelligence, and the way the ball moves through the air.

Plus Miles says in the video...

"the most dramatic changes to the match artificial intellingance since FM09"

I think you should watch the video, read the opening post again. It says...

"The 3D match engine has seen huge improvements this year. Everything on the pitch looks more realistic; from the stadiums, the players’ movement, intelligence, and the way the ball moves through the air. "

I did and I still don't think it relates to ME, but to MA. I do honestly hope that we have long awaited new ME in FM 2013!

I think that, for those who want the traditional, "hardcore" FM experience, FMC can still be useful as a "scouting ground" to check out minor and possibly unknown leagues, just to get a sense of how that particular championship works for a full season without having to experience the career mode first.

For example: hey, ok, I'll play my usual "career" playthrough taking a Conference South team to glory; maybe I'll also play a career game with my favourite Serie A team. But what about checking out the MLS in FMC mode? I never played with a MLS team, but maybe FMC will provide enough interest to try it out, alongside the normal career save games.

I think that's the right mindset when thinking about FMC, at least for us "experienced" FM/CM players.

interesting point. I tried the MLS for the first time on fm12 and took time to learn the rules via various websites etc....and have loved every minute of the MLS and hope theyve continued to make it even better like they did with FM12. I worry how that will be presented within the Classic mode though as its quite a complex league with drafts and rules different to anything anywhere else in the world.

Like you said though classic mode could be good for experiencing other leagues you've not tried but cant work out how some (like MLS) will be presented.

I think alot of people are jumping the gun about classic mode. Many panicing or complaining before even trying it. End of the day you dont have to use it.

I think the whole purpose of classic mode is for a more nostalgic purpose. Think its aimed more at those of us like myself who are old enough to remember the classic original championship managers. Like said in the video, indvidual training schedules, team talks, etc.....are all cut and you can complete a season in 8 to 10 hours. This is basically the classic Championship Manager we remember.

While I sometimes miss the sweet innocence of the original Champ Managers that first got me addicted to what is now FM I doubt ill play Classic mode as im now far to OCD with all the features given to me within tactics and training etc....but its still a nice touch its there. I take forever to get a season done now. End of the day im 27, have a child, work blooming hard, run a football team from top to bottom basically on my own and manage to squeeze an hour or two of FM hear and there. The classic mode in theory is a nice thought for those like me who dont get much time to play and also miss the old fashion way of play. For example just watching the text in matches is something else I expect them to do in Classic Mode. Like I said I prob wont play it as too addicted to the OCD-ness of modern FM. But can understand them putting it in for those wanting a bit of retro and also for those maybe new to the franchise who want easing in.

Davidbowie - Fail ? The game is supposed to be a football management SIMULATOR. The game SIMULATES how a real world management job goes. So it SIMULATES you being the manager of Manchester United as it should SIMULATE stuff like the board intervening in transfers etc. So realism? Hell yes pls.

"Classic mode adds various 'unlockable' features that can ease the difficulty of the game. Players can remove the need for work permits, for example, or add cash to their transfer budgets.

This is where Football Manager adds in a new microtransactions model, with players allowed to either earn the features or pay for them themselves."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/366828/fm-2013-lite-mode-streamlines-play-adds-microtransactions/

Thank god this is optional. I'll just be playing the normal FM mode I think, looking forward to hearing about more new features.

How the hell do you know without trying it ??

You don't separate punctuation from the end of the sentence.

In what way Fabio?

In a way that they are adding some pointless new features such are the Director of Football or this new Classic mode just beacuse some lazy ass sods moan all the time about the game being complex and that they waste too much time on micro-management. Well here is the news for them, it's a simulation, so either play the way it is or don't play it at all. Intead of concentraing on improving the existing features and adding usefull ones they are wasting time on pointless ones. :thdn:

I think if they have changed the way the ball moves in the air it woud indicate the new ME, i didnt think they could change anything related to that in the current ME.....

I remember PaulC writing something about this, when people were talking about the issues with free kicks and ball physics.

Loads of people been negative and judging stuff before they've actually had a chance to use it or see it working.

Did you expect anything else?

Nothing really stands out here at all..have been saying this since FM2010 the transfer system is out dated and unrealistic..why waste time in doing a scaled down version (classic) when what the game needs is all the excitement of the transfer window and deadline day... FIFA12 intergrated it last year and IMHO makes FM transfer window look non-exsistant and extremely boring..I mean it's by far the most exciting time in the football calender...the transfer window needs a complete re-vamp!! ... dissapointed :thdn:

Honestly, if you want a transfer deadline day then fair enough. I've no interest in seeing 200,000 transfers going through in my newsfeed, nor do I want the game to generate so much for a news feed. I will not, nor can I imagine anyone, sit through for 12 hours watching players change teams.

It adds no benefit to the overall feeling of being a manager.

If you like the way FIFA does it then go play FIFA... this is a football manager game, not a "watch transfer deadline newsfeed".

I don't want to be offered 500 players on transfer deadline day. I know who I want to sign. Transfer Deadline Day makes no difference to me.

i want to see a new match engine which is more realistic. and a press conference which is dynamic and not repetitive. and AI squad management improved.

it seems like another mass visual enhancements which i'm not interested in at all. won't be buying this game until i know if things that need massive overhaul is improved. visual upgrades like animations and i won't bother.

He said in the video that the match engine and AI have been improved, the most enhancements since FM09 - watch the video...

What makes you think it's about visual enhancements? They improved the match engine to make it more realistic looking and improved the AI - he talked about 20 other things or more in the video.

very true. i'm actually disappointed. i wanted see a match engine which is more realistic and reflects real life tactics and here they are mentioning they made animations more life-like. haiz.

He said in the video the match engine was improved, the most enhancements since FM09. And the same with the animations.... watch the video

Totally un-interested unless Sigames confirm they have tweaked and fixed AI squad building, transfers and youth.

Tweaked and fixed what exactly? Great feedback there. Watch the video - he mentions things like that in the video.

Indeed I was itching for a SSN style transfer window or a live window to be implimented...aminations as pretty as they look (and I do watch extended highlights) was the last thing that needed improvement..it works just fine..I go on quite a few FM fanatic forums and loads of FM gamers wanted a complete re-vamp on the transfer side..not to sound too critical but its just so repetitive and most of the time comes and go's without you even knowing..I do like the idea of a Director of football mind!

I see no point in a SSN style transfer window. It wouldn't interest me in the slightest, adds nothing to the managerial experience.

I would like to see a few more last minute deals being done, and perhaps some shock transfer moves on the AI part, large fees for players etc. But keep them out of my news feed.

The last thing needed in the game is a news feed chocker-blocked with transfer information of 200,000 players moving clubs.

Have you actually watched the video?

Miles says at around 3:00 in the video...

"the most dramatic changes to the match artificial intellingance since FM09"

Fair enough. I missed that. As I already said I honestly hope that we have a new ME for FM 13.

In a way that they are adding some pointless new features such are the Director of Football or this new Classic mode just beacuse some lazy ass sods moan all the time about the game being complex and that they waste too much time on micro-management. Well here is the news for them, it's a simulation, so either play the way it is or don't play it at all. Intead of concentraing on improving the existing features and adding usefull ones they are wasting time on pointless ones. :thdn:

I would agree to a point, im not in anyway excited about a classic mode or being able to buy in game perks, or a DoF mode, not even remotely interested, but then those features are not in there for people like myself and probably you, it will just be a part of the game we avoid and i would imagine extra people were hired to code those side of things so hopefully it hasnt detracted from the main game. If im reading things right then the ME has been updated massively or replaced with this fabled new one, for me thats almost enough to get excited about. Everything else just leads up to the important part of winning games :)

I think the best feature of fm13 will be the network game and being able to take your team from offline game online. Also confused abit with classic mode think the feature of being able to get rid of work permits is abit unrealistic. Also the 3d match engine is never worth watching as the graphics are so......poor, i swear pm97 for the pc were much better so unltill they sign a deal with pro evo (pes these days) or fifa for graphics then they might aswell get rid of it and concentrate on improving bigger issues in game. Other than that the other features sound great and can't wait for it to be released

Dont worry these will be the same people who come in on release day and moan that because of Steam their PC blew up in their faces, that long term games have still not been improved and that Miles is doing nothing more than lying on his private island laughing at every single person who bought the game.

GD is nothing but predictable :)

Perhaps part of the problem is that so much of the video spends time talking about things that most users aren't going to use or only have passing interest in (that'd be FM Classic and the Challenges), it implies that they've been the key areas of focus in developing FM13. That's going to breed negativity- this is our first view of FM13, and you're highlighting things that really aren't of interest to a significant portion of the existing player base.

If the ME has been overhauled, that's a major change that's important to EVERY user of the game, and probably should've been front and centre in the announcement.

Just a thought.

Perhaps part of the problem is that so much of the video spends time talking about things that most users aren't going to use or only have passing interest in (that'd be FM Classic and the Challenges), it implies that they've been the key areas of focus in developing FM13. That's going to breed negativity- this is our first view of FM13, and you're highlighting things that really aren't of interest to a significant portion to the existing player base.

If the ME has been overhauled, that's a major change that's important to EVERY user of the game, and probably should've been front and centre in the announcement.

Just a thought.

Today was about the announcement of FM 2013 – there will be plenty of opportunity for us to discuss further improvements in more detail in the run up to release, so more will be unveiled and discussed over time. :)

A significant number of users often mention that they find the main game too time-consuming these days, and a lot of these users end up going back to CM01/02 and playing that instead. Another significant number of users wished that FMH was available on PC as well. (Spend time outside of GQ and you'll see these users dotted around the place ;) ).

FMC is an incredible idea for these people and it makes a lot of sense that SI have gone down this route.

Honestly, if you want a transfer deadline day then fair enough. I've no interest in seeing 200,000 transfers going through in my newsfeed, nor do I want the game to generate so much for a news feed. I will not, nor can I imagine anyone, sit through for 12 hours watching players change teams.

It adds no benefit to the overall feeling of being a manager.

If you like the way FIFA does it then go play FIFA... this is a football manager game, not a "watch transfer deadline newsfeed".

I don't want to be offered 500 players on transfer deadline day. I know who I want to sign. Transfer Deadline Day makes no difference to me

Your completely missing my point here..Im not saying it to be the exact same as FIFA and being a hardcore FM player since the Chapionship Mgr series I am well aware its a MANAGER game

and of course it adds an overall realism to the game...agents touting out players to managers in their hundreds/agents tapping up/chairman interferring..I could go on and on but to my actual point..I was merely suggesting for the window to feel like a transfer window..Ive lost count how many go by and just the odd major transfer being highlighted...to me, thats far from realistic..hence..all the excitement teams linked to this player and that..deals falling through..again the list is endless..do you by any chance watch Sky sports news? lol

you fail to see the point that this mode is also aimed at Cm 01/02 fans who still play and enjoy just basic and fast games . also claiming features as pointless wen they are optional? is rather pointless too

you fail to see the point that this mode is also aimed at Cm 01/02 fans who still play and enjoy just basic and fast games . also claiming features as pointless wen they are optional? is rather pointless too

You fail to see that they need to move and realize that this is the proper simulaiton rather then a fun game like the one you mentioned.

The last thing needed in the game is a news feed chocker-blocked with transfer information of 200,000 players moving clubs.

Again missing the point!! I'm on about the speculation side of the window..not actually every single tranfer that goes through!!...put it this way..maybe a live transfer window?? a moving bar of breaking news..clubs beinglinked to this player and that? get my drift? :p

Your completely missing my point here..Im not saying it to be the exact same as FIFA and being a hardcore FM player since the Chapionship Mgr series I am well aware its a MANAGER game

and of course it adds an overall realism to the game...agents touting out players to managers in their hundreds/agents tapping up/chairman interferring..I could go on and on but to my actual point..I was merely suggesting for the window to feel like a transfer window..Ive lost count how many go by and just the odd major transfer being highlighted...to me, thats far from realistic..hence..all the excitement teams linked to this player and that..deals falling through..again the list is endless..do you by any chance watch Sky sports news? lol

Well then a separate Transfer Deadline area should be inserted in the game. It would be a bore to watch, especially in the later years, 2040 onwards when it's complete regens. Teams uprooted as the prime of the league, and new teams settled as kings of the league. You wouldn't watch a transfer window in FM. It would be very boring.

And I turn off the "Filter Agent Offers" to "None" as it's a very annoying part of the game. I don't want to be offered players it clogs the newsfeed. And a transfer deadline flurry of players from all over the world knocking at my door to sign them - I'd be very bored with that.

If anything the Agents and players should approaching the club scouts, not me. The scouts then figure them out and report back on the best - perhaps set in the Scouts area of what type of player you're looking for, potenatial/current star potential etc.

But not a clog of the newsfeed. I do everything I can to tune down the amount of news items.

A significant number of users often mention that they find the main game too time-consuming these days, and a lot of these users end up going back to CM01/02 and playing that instead. Another significant number of users wished that FMH was available on PC as well. (Spend time outside of GQ and you'll see these users dotted around the place ;) ).

FMC is an incredible idea for these people and it makes a lot of sense that SI have gone down this route.

I don't doubt that for a second- although it's not something that piques my own interest, I'm sure it will be excellent news for a lot of people, and I'm happy for them. I was by no means questioning the feature itself, and if it lets more people play in a way that suits them, then I'm all for it.

I was, however, questioning the decision to make that feature the central point of this FM13 Announcement video. It just struck me as an odd choice of feature to zone in on in the first announcement of the game, considering how it is a feature focussed on a very particular audience. This is especially the case if there have been significant advances in the ME, which were only very lightly touched upon in comparison.

Maybe it's just me.

Again missing the point!! I'm on about the speculation side of the window..not actually every single tranfer that goes through!!...put it this way..maybe a live transfer window?? a moving bar of breaking news..clubs beinglinked to this player and that? get my drift? :p

Not missing the point at all. I know what you're talking about and I don't agree. It would be very boring.

There's already a transfer rumour screen - go check that out on Transfer Deadline day.

I am a lot more enthusiastic about '13 than '12, which I skipped.

Classic mode is a great improvement. Endless of people have complained having to go through team talks, media interaction and etc. and were overwhelmed by the level of detail. Although I don't see myself using it (I quite like the interaction part) giving people the option is really nice. Director of Football is nice addition as well and should add some realism to the game. I hope it works properly and doesn't cause frustration.

The ME being improved even to some degree is very good news. I am looking forward to trying out the demo and seeing how the improved ME pans out.

The game should be more approachable to new managers now. Having different gameplay options can't hurt and now everyone can choose how to play the game.

I think transfer deadline day would be such an easy but effective feature. You could have a seperate 'news-feed' under transfers that you can fast forward, pause and rewind whilst also having players offered to you and offers coming in for your players. For all the killjoys there could be a very simple 'exit' button but at the end of the day saying deadline day makes no difference to managers is stupid. You may have done all your business but others havn't and they may want your players. As a manager there's no escaping it as many real life managers said last week.

Not missing the point at all. I know what you're talking about and I don't agree. It would be very boring.

There's already a transfer rumour screen - go check that out on Transfer Deadline day.

Must admit im with you, i could not give a toss about transfer window day on FM, makes no difference to me at all who is signing who, all i care about is who im after and thats always sorted well in advance of the window closing, each to their own tho.

Well then a separate Transfer Deadline area should be inserted in the game. It would be a bore to watch, especially in the later years, 2040 onwards when it's complete regens. Teams uprooted as the prime of the league, and new teams settled as kings of the league. You wouldn't watch a transfer window in FM. It would be very boring.

And I turn off the "Filter Agent Offers" to "None" as it's a very annoying part of the game. I don't want to be offered players it clogs the newsfeed. And a transfer deadline flurry of players from all over the world knocking at my door to sign them - I'd be very bored with that.

If anything the Agents and players should approaching the club scouts, not me. The scouts then figure them out and report back on the best - perhaps set in the Scouts area of what type of player you're looking for, potenatial/current star potential etc.

But not a clog of the newsfeed. I do everything I can to tune down the amount of news items.

I can see your point but each to their own mate..you have your preferences as do I..I for one love all the speculation that surrounds my club..especially the final day down to the 11pm deadline

I think transfer deadline day would be such an easy but effective feature. You could have a seperate 'news-feed' under transfers that you can fast forward, pause and rewind whilst also having players offered to you and offers coming in for your players. For all the killjoys there could be a very simple 'exit' button but at the end of the day saying deadline day makes no difference to managers is stupid. You may have done all your business but others havn't and they may want your players. As a manager there's no escaping it as many real life managers said last week.

Well then I want an option to say "Reject all transfer deadline bids"

Must admit im with you, i could not give a toss about transfer window day on FM, makes no difference to me at all who is signing who, all i care about is who im after and thats always sorted well in advance of the window closing, each to their own tho.

I do. I want to know EVERYTHING (so I can try and steal some players from the other teams...)

Amen to that :)

Hope the DPI scaling has been fixed!

FM2012 was unplayed due to fonts being hard to read, I hope this is resolved as i'm still playing 2011 with 2012 collecting dust!

All sounds good to me though looking forward to getting my hands on it!

Regarding country tax, have you taken into consideration that Denmark have something called forskerskat (researchers tax)? This basically means that foreign players (or danish players that have played a minimum of 10 years abroad) only pay 26% in taxes for their first 5 years in Denmark.

I don't doubt that for a second- although it's not something that piques my own interest, I'm sure it will be excellent news for a lot of people, and I'm happy for them. I was by no means questioning the feature itself, and if it lets more people play in a way that suits them, then I'm all for it.

I was, however, questioning the decision to make that feature the central point of this FM13 Announcement video. It just struck me as an odd choice of feature to zone in on in the first announcement of the game, considering how it is a feature focussed on a very particular audience. This is especially the case if there have been significant advances in the ME, which were only very lightly touched upon in comparison.

Maybe it's just me.

I think the reason for it being one of the top headlines is perhaps to silence some of the critics of the game who say it's far too complicated for the average gamer who just wants to pick up and play.

Clever move by SI.

Archived