*Official* Football Manager 2013 Announced!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have they clearly said that add/remove league is fixed?

Not saying isn't promising, but I and many others bought the game anyhow, so I guess it don't matter.

Another question, we keep hearing that SI don't have the resources of other games companies, which is often the excuse given for their weakness in certain scenarios.

But the game is always one of the top selling in the UK. So does the money go directly into pocket? Miles doesn't exactly give off the air of a money hoarder

Have they clearly said that add/remove league is fixed?

Not saying isn't promising, but I and many others bought the game anyhow, so I guess it don't matter.

Another question, we keep hearing that SI don't have the resources of other games companies, which is often the excuse given for their weakness in certain scenarios.

But the game is always one of the top selling in the UK. So does the money go directly into pocket? Miles doesn't exactly give off the air of a money hoarder

This is something that really irks me, and that might be the biggest reason why I would ever turn my back on FM (I won't, but still). We're made to believe that we should live in constant fear that SI Games will go belly-up and that we would lose the FM series. Just because they just make enough each version to make ends meet. I senserely doubt and hope that this is not the case, because they are always one of the biggest sellers on the market. But because I live under this constant fear I do put up with a lot that I wouldn't from other developers. First, each version of the game has some big missing content: Faces and logo's of some big competitions (namely the English Premiership clubs), it doesn't have the German national side, it's missing several lower leagues, etc. Second, they rely on volunteers to get the core of their game right, the player's and club's information and attributes. These two things make SI/SEGA look very unprofessional. I understand that using player's profiles cost money and that EA games has got many rights for their FIFA games, but they should make better deals there. At least try to convince the actual clubs or footballers that they would be giving up their profile rights cheaper for all the fans of the game that are also fans of the clubs and players. And it's a smart thing to do to use volunteers for your database, but you shouldn't rely on it 100%. If you're missing info from a certain league than send one of your paid employees after it to get the necessary info.

This might be a bit of a rant, and it might be induced because of lack of information or insight from me. And I bet that every person working at SI is working his hardest and with the most love he can give. And again I love the series and will keep playing it untill the end (and please don't make me switch to FIFA Manager or something). But it is my main gripe with the game that sometimes I feel that SI isn't an AAA developer and almost an indy one. And that shouldn't be, because they produce a great product each year (even with the faults), and I hate feeling a fan of a rickety rackety(?) game.

• SI Staff

Well when EA has an exclusive licence not really much we can do! Of course EA has more money than us we make one PC game that sells well plus handheld games, EA make numerous PC/Console games that sell many many times more.

Well when EA has an exclusive licence not really much we can do! Of course EA has more money than us we make one PC game that sells well plus handheld games, EA make numerous PC/Console games that sell many many times more.

Any chance of SI going for the licence when EA exclusive rights run out? :D

This is something that really irks me, and that might be the biggest reason why I would ever turn my back on FM (I won't, but still). We're made to believe that we should live in constant fear that SI Games will go belly-up and that we would lose the FM series. Just because they just make enough each version to make ends meet. I senserely doubt and hope that this is not the case, because they are always one of the biggest sellers on the market. But because I live under this constant fear I do put up with a lot that I wouldn't from other developers. First, each version of the game has some big missing content: Faces and logo's of some big competitions (namely the English Premiership clubs), it doesn't have the German national side, it's missing several lower leagues, etc. Second, they rely on volunteers to get the core of their game right, the player's and club's information and attributes. These two things make SI/SEGA look very unprofessional. I understand that using player's profiles cost money and that EA games has got many rights for their FIFA games, but they should make better deals there. At least try to convince the actual clubs or footballers that they would be giving up their profile rights cheaper for all the fans of the game that are also fans of the clubs and players. And it's a smart thing to do to use volunteers for your database, but you shouldn't rely on it 100%. If you're missing info from a certain league than send one of your paid employees after it to get the necessary info.

This might be a bit of a rant, and it might be induced because of lack of information or insight from me. And I bet that every person working at SI is working his hardest and with the most love he can give. And again I love the series and will keep playing it untill the end (and please don't make me switch to FIFA Manager or something). But it is my main gripe with the game that sometimes I feel that SI isn't an AAA developer and almost an indy one. And that shouldn't be, because they produce a great product each year (even with the faults), and I hate feeling a fan of a rickety rackety(?) game.

Yeh the licensing issue isnt the biggest concern for me, if FIFA can't even secure all licences then im not bothered that SI can't.

Its more things like fixing the issues and so on, the concept that there isnt enough money to get a guy to sit for however long it takes to make add/remove work.

Not long now till the game though, if these things are fixed, my minor grumbles will disappear (for now)

I'm sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but once you've completed a ''challenge'' can you carry on with that team, or is it just gone and lost forever? Because if it is gone I think that would be pretty disappointing and a bit pointless. If you've worked wonders to save them from relegation etc and got really into it and then it's just gone...

I'm sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but once you've completed a ''challenge'' can you carry on with that team, or is it just gone and lost forever? Because if it is gone I think that would be pretty disappointing and a bit pointless. If you've worked wonders to save them from relegation etc and got really into it and then it's just gone...

But I think the point of a challenge is to complete it or fail it, anything after that would be pointless.

• SI Staff

You can continue the game as a normal FMC game, yes.

Have the wage increases been fixed in FM13?

I have made a basic experiment in FM12 right now - started in Northern Ireland for Chimney Corner (3rd tier, Media Prediction 16th). 80% of my players have a 6 euro/week wage. 50% of these guys start blabbering for a new contract within the first week. And they all want around 100 (!) euros per week! From 6 to 100! My weekly wage budget is only around 220! This is simply ruidiculous!

Will I be able to pre-order FM13 on Amazon.com for download by Nov 2nd in the US? The Pre-Order page lists Amazon as an online partner, but the link simply takes you to Amazon.com. Further, I can't find the game when I search for "football manager 13."

I would prefer to pre-order with Amazon if at all possible (need to use a gift card!), but as soon as I get confirmation from SI that it won't be available on Nov 2nd I will pre-order with someone else.

Will I be able to pre-order FM13 on Amazon.com for download by Nov 2nd in the US? The Pre-Order page lists Amazon as an online partner, but the link simply takes you to Amazon.com. Further, I can't find the game when I search for "football manager 13."

I would prefer to pre-order with Amazon if at all possible (need to use a gift card!), but as soon as I get confirmation from SI that it won't be available on Nov 2nd I will pre-order with someone else.

It always used to be called Worldwide soccer manager or something like that in America, not sure if it still is.

The 4231 is probably one of the most (if not the most) balance tactic.

I think the key are the two midfilders. I sugest play one of them almost like a anchorman, and the other like a box-to-box.

In this tactics, imo, the real challenge is taking the best of the AMC. If set wrong, or if you choose the wrong player, sometimes you got the feeling you are playing with only 10 man! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Have the wage increases been fixed in FM13?

I have made a basic experiment in FM12 right now - started in Northern Ireland for Chimney Corner (3rd tier, Media Prediction 16th). 80% of my players have a 6 euro/week wage. 50% of these guys start blabbering for a new contract within the first week. And they all want around 100 (!) euros per week! From 6 to 100! My weekly wage budget is only around 220! This is simply ruidiculous!

I'd pay them in sterling, least it would be the right currency for the country.:p

I'm in the US for a year n got mine on the Steam store

I think this may be the first FM I don't buy. I can't justify the rip off charges that Steam hit us in Ireland with. If I was in the UK I could get the game for less than £30 (€37) yet if I get it via Steam I have to pay £40 (€50). It's a digital download. Where does the extra €13 come from??

I"m not sure if this is the correct place to post. I just wanna ask when a new fix will be out. I just won't start a game without having the created players to be appeared in the game. I appreciate if anyone from the SI can answer me. Thanks a lot.

I"m not sure if this is the correct place to post. I just wanna ask when a new fix will be out. I just won't start a game without having the created players to be appeared in the game. I appreciate if anyone from the SI can answer me. Thanks a lot.

PaulC said sometime near end of month but that could change

Archived