I need a ML for under £500k - championship or better.

I am in charge of MK Dons in the championship, at the beginning of the 09/10 season, and I recently let arguably my best player, my ML leave on a bosman. After this lapse in concentration, I have now got only one player capable of playing there and due to my limited resources, finding an adequate replacement has thus far proved a nightmare. A loan deal is fine but I am running out of time as the start of the season is imminent. It doesn't matter if they come from a non-EU country because I just change the nationality of the player using FMM, in order to get the work permit. I know this is cheating slightly but it makes the game more fun for me.

Any Recommendations?

Many Thanks.

Since you're in the 09/10 season, its hard to predict which player will be where and how much he'll cost. So your best bet is to look for players on the transfer list or those who're available on a free. Also, check the reserves on the teams in the PL to see who you can nab off of them. You should find somebody I'm sure.

Have a look at Pedro from Arsenal. He sometimes becomes quite good and I've never seen him go for a lot of money either. He has random stats though so can be quite rubbish on your game. Have a look though. If you cant sign him, maybe get him on loan? Also, try Sebastien Leto from Liverpool. You wont be able to afford him but maybe he'll agree to come on loan. Then there's Pablo Piatti. If he's at a big club and listed as a "hot prospect", you stand a chance of getting him. If he's at a medium or small club, then forget it. Also try Helder Barbosa. Might get lucky and sign him.

Else, you try to sign some oldie who'll help your team for a season or two. Guys like Marek Jankulovski, Santiago Solari, Juan Pablo Sorin, Alvardo Recoba, Freddie Ljungberg, Hakan Yakin, Hasan Salihamidzic come straight to mind.

Archived