Agent fee attribute

When an agent has a low "Fee" attribute, this means presumable that their fee is less important to them in contract negotiations for their client, ie the first agent fee they suggest is lower than an agent with a high "Fee" attribute.

However, how does this work with upping their fee in order to secure a lower wage/no clauses etc? Does their low "Fee" attribute mean less of a bribe is needed, or the opposite, due to the fact that their personal gain is not of as much importance to them? Would an agent with a high "Fee" attribute be more receptive to this form of negotiation / agent bribery?

Generally I see that their demand correlates with their fee attribute. That is clearly unrealistic. Irl there are market conditions and agents are not in the position to demand a lot more than these, unless in extraordinary circumstances. On the other hand, there are no agents asking for a lot less than the regular share.

I think whatever the agents fee attribute if you want the player to sign to you you better pay the agent well. If I don't want to pay my player high wages I usually pay the agent a bigger sum, so on the long run it's beneficial for me. (Cases may vary)

I think whatever the agents fee attribute if you want the player to sign to you you better pay the agent well. If I don't want to pay my player high wages I usually pay the agent a bigger sum, so on the long run it's beneficial for me. (Cases may vary)

This is spot on! In fact I always find that I can absolutely screw the player as long as I "bribe" the agent very well. Works out cheaper for the club in the long run. Also keeps the wageroll down & increases your options to buy more players.

This is spot on! In fact I always find that I can absolutely screw the player as long as I "bribe" the agent very well. Works out cheaper for the club in the long run. Also keeps the wageroll down & increases your options to buy more players.

However, this is totally unrealistic, in fact I would consider it a bug.

However, this is totally unrealistic, in fact I would consider it a bug.

I beg to differ. Why do you think there are so many high profile transfers these days. Cristiano Ronaldo, Tevez, Modric, Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva the list can go on and on. All these player transfers were manged by agents, who in some cases bagged millions (pounds or euros that doesn't matter). I seem to read more often that world class managers like Sir Alex Ferguson are complaining about the influence of agents and how bad is it for football.

I beg to differ. Why do you think there are so many high profile transfers these days. Cristiano Ronaldo, Tevez, Modric, Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva the list can go on and on. All these player transfers were manged by agents, who in some cases bagged millions (pounds or euros that doesn't matter). I seem to read more often that world class managers like Sir Alex Ferguson are complaining about the influence of agents and how bad is it for football.

But did their clients agree to a lower wage so that they could bag these millions?

Footballers may not be the brightest, but I doubt there are many willing to take less just so their agent :mad: can have more!!

But did their clients agree to a lower wage so that they could bag these millions?

Footballers may not be the brightest, but I doubt there are many willing to take less just so their agent :mad: can have more!!

They may not PFMM, but neither do most of them attend the meetings so they really don't ever know how the bartering went. They have no idea how much wages the club would have paid them, or more importantly how much of the talks were decided around the size of the agents' fees rather than players' salaries.

They may not PFMM, but neither do most of them attend the meetings so they really don't ever know how the bartering went. They have no idea how much wages the club would have paid them, or more importantly how much of the talks were decided around the size of the agents' fees rather than players' salaries.

C. DUAL REPRESENTATION & CONFLICTS OF INTEREST

2 A Club, Player or Authorised Agent must not so arrange matters as to conceal or

misrepresent the reality and/or substance of any matters in relation to a

Transaction or Contract Negotiation

H. AUTHORISED AGENTS

3 An Authorised Agent shall serve and protect the best interests of his client at all

times, which shall include but not be limited to notifying the client of all material

facts in relation to any Transaction or Contract Negotiation.

There's loads more if you could be bothered to trawl through a load of crap, here:

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/Agents%20regulations%202009/FA%20Football%20Agents%20Regulations%20July%202009.ashx/FA%20Football%20Agents%20Regulations%20July%202009.PDF

FIFA also has a code of conduct (hmm...) for agents that states that they should be clear and transparent to their client, and one of their regulations states that failure to adhere to that code of conduct can result in sanctions.

Yeah, understand that irl rules do exist, but in this game they are completely ignored. Anyone here can pretty much screw the player's wage requirements by simply offering a much higher fee to the agent.

Archived