Sorry your calling from where? And thats a place?

Paggioram

The Journey

I have had a break from the forum and journeyman careers but the pull has got me to make a return and go again and share it with you.

I will be using FM Weegie update which is current so everthing is upto date.

I have loaded nations England, Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland, Rep of Ireland, Italy, Spain, Holland and USA. My objective is simple start unemployed and wait for someone to offer me my big break as a former semi professional footballer and then take my career from there again same objective as ever to have the best career possible so here we go sit by the phone and wait for the call.

Career Overview:

11/12: Sporting Villanueva Promeas (Spanish Second Division B4) Final Pos: 12th

12/13: Sporting Villanueva Promeas (Spanish Second Division B4)

Achievements:

Season 2011 / 2012 - Sporting Villanueva Promesas

So as I sit waiting for the phone to ring it finally does and it is the Chairman of Sporting Villanueva Promesas. So as I look into it I find out they are a Spanish team playing in Spanish Second Division B4. So my career starts 6th July 2011

The club was founded in 1993 and play at the Municiple in Villanueva del Fresno and has a awesome capacity of 3000. Obviously all of the facilities are very basic.

My deal is until the end of the season on a wage of £1,100 per week.

The media are predicting that a 16th place finish is in the future for us out of 20.

Board Expections

Well the board only want us to stay clear of relegation. They have currently no expectations for the cups. To achieve this they have give me £12.5k to spend and I have a wage budget available of £4.92k p/w.

Squad

The squad is young but the assistant manager his saying the whole squad is 5 star but I will have to be the judge of that one. Highlight of Pre Season a home tie with Mallorca.

So lets begin.

Season 2011 / 2012 - Pre Season

So as I look around the squad I realise quite quickly that this squad is not upto the standards that are needed to be able to do anything in this league and I thought straight away that if I wanted to challenge for survival then what I really needed to do was get competative so out I went and looked through the free transfers.

So as the hunt continued the arrival of 12 new players so my new first team with my lesser players becoming my fall back players but I do feel that my new look first team will be one of the strongest in the division so will be able to be competative which is what I really want to see.

So what happened in my friendlies. Well this was very pleasing for me and gives me so much more confidence going into the season.

vs Under 19 (H) Won 4-1

vs Sp. Covilha (H) Drew 1-1

vs U. Santarem (A) Won 9-1

vs Varzim (H) Won 4-0

vs Mallorca (H) Drew 1-1

vs Pinhalnovense (A) Won 6-0

Can I just say that my standout performer is a striker that I got my hands on called Texeneri and just in Pre Season he has scored a impressive 12 goals. As I look at this guys record his record goal haul for a season is 8 3 times and in one pre season he has beat that and I really have some serious confidence going into the new season.

So lets see what it brings me.

Season 2011 / 2012 - August - September Update

After a strong Pre Season I knew that we needed a strong start to the season and make sure that we get points on the board as I want to stay away from the relegation zone however I have no idea what is a safe points target. I really think it will be difficult to challenge for promotion but I think a nice safe mid table will be nice.

August

Cadiz (Away) Won 5-2

Scorers: Diaz, Texeneri (3), Chema

September

Betis 'B' (Home) Lost 1-3

Scorer: Souaidy

Ecija (Away) Won 5-1

Scorers: Texeneri (3), Souaidy, Pablo

Melilla (Home) Lost 0-1

Sevilla Atletico (Away) Won 2-0

Scorers: Texeneri (2)

Lorca At. (Home) Drew 1-1

Scorer: Souaidy

So then at the end of September we are sat a comfortable 9th but my first concern appears to be my home form as we only picked up one point. This is something that we need to turn around quite quickly.

Still delighted with Texeneri as he has now already matched his highest goal scoring tally of 8 so that record will go and already pleased for him. We have started strong but I am still not looking any further than survival because as soon as my first teamers get suspended or injured then I am in serious trouble.

Objectives over next few months

This was simple to me.

• Keep the points total motoring
  • Pick up more points at home

Season 2011 / 2012: October - December Update

Ok I know some of you say it was mixed and you are right but for this club I am quite happy as we are clear of relegation and picking up points. Our home form has been poor but we need to keep picking up points and staying clear.

October

Lucena (Away) Won 2-0

Scorers: Tolosa, German og

UCAM (Away) Won 4-1

Scorers: Texeneri (2), Thierry, Quevedo

Albacete (Home) Lost 2-4

Caravaca La Union (Home) Drew 2-2

Scorers: Texeneri, Chema

Cacereno (Away) Drew 1-1

Scorer: Chema

La Roda (Home) Lost 1-2

Scorer: Texeneri

November

Cartagena (Home) Won 3-0

Scorers: Texeneri (2), Thierry

San Roque (Away) Lost 1-2

Almeria 'B' (Home) Won 5-3

Scorers: Texeneri (3), Chema, Souiaby

Linense (Away) Lost 1-4

Scorer: Larenas

December

Poli Ejido (Home) Won 4-0

Scorers: Texeneri (3), Pena og

Roquetas (Away) Drew 1-1

Scorer: Thierry

Jaen (Home) Won 3-1

Scorers: Thierry, Chema, Texeneri

So at the turn of the year we are sat 7th in the league and 7 points off the play offs. Betis 'B' are currently leading the division and 5 points clear of second.

This season has the feel of a lot of my other careers where this is my season to stabilise and maybe look to next season to seriously push on but the lack of funding is my major worry leading into my next season and I might have the same team next season. I am pleased to see that there has been a improvment in my home form but away form has took a bit of a kick but we still picking up points and we are still away from the drop zone.

Still my standout performer is Texeneri who has now got 23 goals in 19 and a average rating of 7.79. Yes I am worried if anything happens to him.

Objectives for next months:

• Keep picking up points
  • Attempt to try and stabilise Home and Away and see if I can close the gap on the play offs.
  • Attempt to bring in a little more quality in the transfer window.

Notes from Other Leagues

England: Manchester United and City are joint top of the Premier League with West Brom in 3rd four points adrift of second. Swansea, Norwich and Wigan fill the relegation zone.

Spain: Real Madrid are top followed by in this order Sevilla, Malaga and Barcelona. However there are only 3 points between the top 4

Italy: Napoli lead the way 4 points clear of Palermo. Of the big names Inter (4th), AC (7th), Juventus (9th)

Scotland: Well shock horror Celtic are 13 points clear should I say congrats on the title now. Down in 3rd Division Rangers are just 5 points clear.

Other News: To date going into the January transfer window the biggest transfer has been Ganso moving from Santos to Man City for 22m. Next was Fellaini Everton to Arsenal for 15m.

Season 2011 / 2012: January - May Update

OK I was going to do a January - March update but as you will soon find out I really could not bring myself to do it as I got very upset and angry. As you can also guess there was zero transfer activity in or out at the club in January so don't expect anything exciting there so lets get the results out of the way.

January

Cadiz (Home) Lost 1-2

Betis 'B' (Away) Lost 1-3

Ecija (Home) Won 2-1

Melilla (Away) Lost 0-1

February

Sevilla Atletico (Home) Lost 1-3

Lucena (Home) Lost 1-4

Scorer: Thierry

Lorca At. (Away) Won 1-0

Albacete (Away) Lost 1-4

March

UCAM (Home) Drew 2-2

Scorers: Texeneri, Thierry

Caravaca La Union (Away) Drew 4-4 (Came back from 4-0 down at 60 mins)

Scorers: Texeneri (4)

Cacereno (Home) Lost 2-3

Scorers: Texeneri, Thierry

La Roda (Away) Drew 0-0

April

Cartegena (Away) Lost 0-1

Almera 'B' (Away) Won 3-1

Scorers: Chema (2), Tolosa

San Roque (Home) Won 1-0

Scorer: Alfaro

Poli Ejido (Away) Won 6-1

Scorers: Martinez og, Lopez, Pablo, Garces og, Diaz, Page

Roquetas (Home) Won 1-0

Scorer: Lopez

May

Linense (Home) Drew 2-2

Scorers: Lopez, Larenas

Jaen (Away) Lost 0-1

It was the slump I feared but hoped would not happen. We finished the season in 12th a massive 20 points outside the playoffs but I will go more into the league and around the world and future plans in my end of season update.

Season 2011/2012: End of Season

Review

OK this was a hard season and this is something that I did expect as the club were new to this level. There were no real squad and I had to build from scratch and that really does worry me for next season as I really think I will have no money to move on.

The media predicted that we would finish 16th so to finish 12th is something to be proud of but that slump in Jan and Feb it killed me and there was no way back from there.

In our league Albacete won the title and are promoted so well done to them. They finished on 86 points and we finished on 53 points that is the size of the challenge ahead of me next season is to make up those numbers.

We were not involved in any cup contests (Yeah no cups that has thrown me).

Top Three Players

1) Texeneri

Incredible first season at the club and we would have been lost without him and we need someone who can replace him if he is injured or suspended.

He played 34 games scored 34 goals Average Rating 7.55.

He was the leagues top scorer.

2) Oussama Souaidy

Another quality find and a man who controlled the midfield and was the source of goals he set them up and was the top assister in the league.

Played: 38 Scored: 4 Assists: 29 Average Rating 7.25

3) Jony Lopez

A strong centre Half who has worked well at the back and has been strong at times and got a average rating 7.03

Around the World

England: Well Man Utd did what Man Utd have done for ages and won the title. Man City finished Second and Spurs finished third and Chelsea 4th.

Relegated from the Premier League are Swansea, Everton and Wigan and joining the elite are Wolves, Bolton and Watford.

Spain: Well title was won by Barcelona followed by Malaga, Real Madrid and Athletic Bilbao. Relegated are Deportivo, Betis and Rayo.

Italy: A bit strange this league if I am honest title goes to Napoli followed by Bologna, AC Milan and Fiorentina. Juventus finished 8th and Inter 13th.

Relegated are Siena, Torino and Pescara.

Also in Scotland Celtic won the prem 20 points clear and Rangers won 3rd Division by 21 points.

Whats next!

So I have agreed a new one year deal on the same wage to stay here but I have been linked with the York job. I am planning to see if I can get some players in and try and improve on my 12th place so lets see what happens.

Season 2012 / 2013 - Sporting Villanueva Promesas

So then a new season and new hopes and dreams as the new challenge is upon me.

As the season is about to kick off it is the time to find out what the board are expecting and get a idea of the challenge ahead of me and the club.

So lets start by checking out what the media are saying and they are predicting 19th out of 20 that is the first worry that I am seeing so I am going to be worse than most of the newly promoted sides great.

The board are expecing us to stay clear of relegation in the league but finanically it is much worse as we have no money to spend and they have slashed my wage budget so we are now 4k over budget as my new budget is just 8k.

My wage budget is going to get worse as I do need players. My assistant manager has left the club but has seen my new assistant and new coach arrive from England so here we go to the new season.

Season 2012 / 2013: Pre Season

So the new preseason kicks off and the big news is that the club has been taken over by the fans group. So the new Chairman and former season ticket holder Daniel Martinez takes over and the exciting news is that there will be no new investment.

During this preseason 18 players have left the club on free transfer and there has been three new arrivals.

Jorge Marques - New Centre Half

Marcos - New Striker

Jose Luis Gimeno - New Midfielder

Over to the friendlies

Vs U19's (H) Drew 1-1

Vs C.D Quinto (H) Won 4-0

Vs Robres (H) Won 3-1

Vs At. Pueblonuevo (H) Won 5-0

Vs Villanovense (A) Won 2-0

So another strong pre season and let this next battle commence and lets hope that we can move on from here.

Archived