Sports Interactive Community
Sohail

Quick question about a new laptop!

I've been playing FM since FM08 and always used a Windows laptop but decided to have a change and ordered for a new MacBook Air. This isn't to play just FM on, I wanted a new laptop for the start of university in a month or so.

But yeah, I just wanted to know if these specs are good enough to run a game with about 6 league?

13" MacBook Air

1.8GHz Intel Dual-Core Core i5

8GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM

128GB Flash Storage

Sorry if this seems to be a topic which is always discussed.

There might be an issue with the screen resolution, I don't think FM runs well on 13 inch screens, if at all.

There might be an issue with the screen resolution, I don't think FM runs well on 13 inch screens, if at all.

Really? The screen resolution on it is 1400x900? and my current laptop is lower than that.

I'm running FM well on a Macbook Pro with similar specs, you shouldn't have any worries.

The issue Eugene mentioned about screen resolution comes up on the forums now and again. Basically on the 13" screen, the FM window can be too long to show fully and you can't easily stretch it to fit. If you follow the instructions in the thread below though you can make it fit easily enough.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279097-MAC-Run-FM12-windowed-1280x800